Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,690 members, 7,865,748 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 04:01 AM

Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now Or Never. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now Or Never. (346 Views)

We Must Address Restructuring Now – Obasanjo / Ahmad Lawan: Nigeria's Security Architecture Has Failed, Needs Restructuring / "Buhari Is Wrong, Nigeria Needs Restructuring" - Balarabe Musa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now Or Never. by KingGBsky(m): 5:44pm On Sep 19, 2017
Nigeria needs Restructuring now or never.
The idea of Federal government is a very nonsensical ideology of a rampant Military regime. The reason why its still going on even in a democratic era is something I do not understand.

1. There is federal fire service.... For the whole nation. Meaning if there is fire outbreak in my local govt I will need a Nigeria fire service for it to be put out. What a joke.
2. There is Nigeria police force which orders comes from the national helm.
3. Then you think of Power supply. If any state in Nigeria provides a means of power supply in the country it is given to the national creed and most times lost due to the discos inability to distribute power supply. The problem of power would have been the thing of the past if each states provides their power, especially Lagos state, Kanu, Kebbi, Abuja and more states.
4.Food production would have been the least of each states problem.
All states in Nigeria are involved in farming more are even the south south states were Crude Oil is located.
Now ask yourself why agriculture and food security is still a problem.

more and more and more.

The only reason why the Hausa/Fulani are resisting any form of restructuring is because of oil.

I leave it to Nigerians.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now Or Never. by KingGBsky(m): 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
Let's take a look at our educational sector...
Without the federal government each state educational prowess would come to life. Their governor knows exactly what they want, they know their people and their immediate needs. They know their populace and the amount of universities, secondary schools and primary schools they needs.
The country is just too large for a group of federal parastatas, national assembly and the rest of them to rule.
you do not know emeka in the east who is a barber and just need a little power supply to support his bisiness.
Neither do you know Adekunle from the west who is a entrepreneur and needs a loan to set up his business and you want him to wait for the president in Abuja to sign a document so he can get loans.
Or a Miss in the north who wants to grow his farm and you say the land he wants to hire belongs to the federal government.
This is not working.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now Or Never. by tobtap: 6:01pm On Sep 19, 2017
KingGBsky:
Nigeria needs Restructuring now or never.
The idea of Federal government is a very nonsensical ideology of a rampant Military regime. The reason why its still going on even in a democratic era is something I do not understand.

1. There is federal fire service.... For the whole nation. Meaning if there is fire outbreak in my local govt I will need a Nigeria fire service for it to be put out. What a joke.
2. There is Nigeria police force which orders comes from the national helm.
3. Then you think of Power supply. If any state in Nigeria provides a means of power supply in the country it is given to the national creed and most times lost due to the discos inability to distribute power supply. The problem of power would have been the thing of the past if each states provides their power, especially Lagos state, Kanu, Kebbi, Abuja and more states.
4.Food production would have been the least of each states problem.
All states in Nigeria are involved in farming more are even the south south states were Crude Oil is located.
Now ask yourself why agriculture and food security is still a problem.

more and more and more.

The only reason why the Hausa/Fulani are resisting any form of restructuring is because of oil.

I leave it to Nigerians.
well,i think what we need is devolution of more powers from the federal to state n local governments..remove stuffs like railway, power generation and others from the exclusive list to the general list, so that states can generate power, VATs, and enjoy within the state.
Re: Nigeria Needs Restructuring Now Or Never. by KingGBsky(m): 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2017
A lot of youths travel out the country seeking for green pastures else where simply because they do mot believe in the country anymore.
The federal system of government is not working.
We need a government that is closer to the people and not a federal government that does not speak Ibo to be giving orders to Ibos and so with yorubas and hausas and every geographical zone in the Nation.

(1) (Reply)

Ali Ndume: Nigerian Senator Demanding N500m Damages For ‘unlawful’ Suspension / Arc. Shehu Tukur Lauds Governor Almakura's Achievements - Nasarawareports / Nigeria: Betrayed.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.