Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,322 members, 7,819,101 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:19 AM

Is It Advisable To Buy Toy Guns For Our Kids? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It Advisable To Buy Toy Guns For Our Kids? (651 Views)

Subliminal Messages Hidden In Disney Cartoons That Our Kids Watch / Parents Do You Buy Toy Guns For Your Children. / Is It Expedient To Buy Toy A GUN For Kids (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Advisable To Buy Toy Guns For Our Kids? by lawisong(m): 11:58am On Mar 02, 2010
I watched with keen interest as my neighbour's kids were playing in front of their house with a toy gun. One of them played the role of the bad guy, trying to shoot and kill the others while the rest try to run away. I started wondering what effect this could have on them. They may think its fun but you never can tell. Tupac Shakur, the famous gangster rapper once said that he fell in love with the gun right from the day he got a water-gun gift for his birthday. I may be wrong but i feel parental guidance is needed if we must buy such toys for our kids or do you think its safe?
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Toy Guns For Our Kids? by opokonwa(m): 4:34pm On Mar 02, 2010
As a toddler, I used to covet and cherish toy guns but will try never to provide one for my kids.
Reason; the world has become too dangerous to play with toy weapons.

Any parent that can buy toy guns for a child can as well buy toy knives, toy bow-and-arrows, toy machetes, toy grenade, toy any-weapon, toy landmines, etc. tongue
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Toy Guns For Our Kids? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
I used to play with toy guns as a kid. Infact my big brother revolted back then when dad refused to buy a new set for us. But playing with toy guns is still way better than watching violent movies.
Re: Is It Advisable To Buy Toy Guns For Our Kids? by Outstrip(f): 8:44pm On Mar 03, 2010
I have mixed feelings about this. I was a tom boy and I played "police and thief" but boys brains work differently. I was shocked when my brother told me that when we were kids he used to go in my dad's closet and play with the gun. He said he wanted to shoot it. I knew my dad had a gun and I knew where he put it but I had no desire to touch it. In fact I did not ever open that closet. Boys are different. My two year old fights everything. he fights with his trucks and even does wrestling style matches with pillows, shoes anything. We have decided that we will not let him watch movies with violent themes because he notices these things and it is our job to protect him.

(1) (Reply)

I Am Tired Of Loneliness / Need A House To Stay In Abuja / Another Nigerian Couple With White Child In Britain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.