Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,855 members, 7,813,912 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master (32594 Views)

Akwa Ibom Building The Biggest Flyover In Nigeria - Julius Berger / Governor Umahi, The Devil From The South East / Another Rochas Okorocha's Flyover In Owerri Begins To Sink - Massmediang (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by Nweze1986: 6:20am On Sep 20, 2017
EBONYI FLYOVER: UMAHI, THE INFRASTRUCTURE MASTER.

BY Philip Nweze

If there is any monument that will clinch the outstanding structure award for 2017, it is the recently built twin flyover bridge at the Akanu Ibiam junction, in Abakaliki. To anyone who has been to the scene, this probably comes as no surprise. Built as a solution to the traffic snarl at the ever busy junction, the structure remains one of d greatest engineering feats of the 21st century. The bridge which situates at the heart of the city is simply a marvel to behold. Built, along two others for a reported 700 million naira, which seems remarkable value for money, it opened for traffic this year.

An estimated 10, 000 motorists use the route daily. The twin bridge is beautifully defined by installation of decorative lights adorning the bridge and a water fountain which reflects myriads of colours that dazzles passersby, especially by nightfall..

The Akanu Ibiam Flyover Bridge was conceived to reduce the surging traffic pressure along the Trans-Sahara Highway, amidst criticisms from the opposition camp. Unknown to these people, cities are measured by the volume of infrastructure they possess.Flyovers are not only the superstars of the engineering world. They influence the development of cultures, environments and lives in more ways than we can count. Its structure also shapes our lives, aiding commerce, social life and urban development.

A flyover in Ebony will help the state zoom ahead in development and pave the way to our progress. To the citizens, it will minimize congestion, reduce travel time.

Today, even the governor's most trenchant critics have joined in the beautiful refrain hailing this architectural masterpiece.

Akubaraoha is working, Ebonyi is on the rise.

#Share

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by dokiOloye(m): 6:29am On Sep 20, 2017
There are 13 local government areas in Ebonyi state,but U ppl want to suffocate us with propaganda just because Umahi tarred some roads and did street lighting in d state capital,which is a tiny part of Abakaliki and Ebonyi local government areas.
Meanwhile, even hawkers whose whole wares amount to less than 1000naira now pay tax in Ebonyi state now,civil servants have their salaries slashed into 2 with d same tax and yet nothing is happening in any other place in d state apart from d state capital and Uburu where U and the governor come from.
In everything you are doing, remember diaris Godu oooo.

113 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by captleonerd(m): 7:24am On Sep 20, 2017
infrastructural master just because 2 flyovers at most. amosun built 10 in Ogun state and we didn't give him title. we are still bashing him

now umahi is about to mortgage ebonyi with the proposed heavy loan. let me keep my mouth shut before the bite me

63 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by Amarabae(f): 7:40am On Sep 20, 2017
The op is chief propagandanist of Dave umahi,
i am yet to see the aim of building 3 flyovers in low populated Ebonyi,
he should have used that money to build a world class secondary schools in the 13 LGAS or build the 3 mega general hospitals in the 3 senatorial districts in the state.

63 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by NaijaTechGuy(m): 11:19am On Sep 20, 2017
Nice ..Its a step in the right direction. .I rep Ebonyi state. ..in other news abeg you people should beg lalasticlala and mynd44 to unban me abeg..imagine after spending hours writing a post and the spambot banned me and deleted my thread

Cc honsule puskin

SOS

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by Nobody: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2017
Infrastructure Master indeed! I am sure this is his best achievement
Why cant he provide job for the numerous fla.tties selling gala and coke on the traffic congestion every evening at Osborne

10 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by baike: 11:20am On Sep 20, 2017
did you just say a master, he's a criminal

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by wellmax(m): 11:21am On Sep 20, 2017
Well I don't like to compare with other governors. But with one flyover, maybe the first in Ebonyi, you can't call him infrastructure master.
What then do you call people like Ambode.

A little development here, a little development there.

That is how Nigeria will develop.

4 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by pezeji(m): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2017
is dis for real?
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by richidinho(m): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2017
grin
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by jamaljalal(m): 11:22am On Sep 20, 2017
nice 1.... shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by kings09(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2017
So we should do wat wit dis. Only 1 bridge, na him papa money?
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by Jaytecq(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2017
nice one
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by itsIYKE(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2017
Light no even gree us see the flyover....nawa o

8 Likes

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by maximunimpact(m): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2017
good
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by Ladyjumong(f): 11:23am On Sep 20, 2017
dokiOloye:
There are 13 local government areas in Ebonyi state,but U ppl want to suffocate us with propaganda just because Umahi tarred some roads and did street lighting in d state capital,which is a tiny part of Abakaliki and Ebonyi local government areas.
Meanwhile, even hawkers whose whole wares amount to less than 1000naira now pay tax in Ebonyi state now,civil servants have their salaries slashed into 2 with d same tax and yet nothing is happening in any other place in d state apart from d state capital and Uburu where U and the governor comes from.
In everything you are doing, remember diaris Godu oooo.
i seems to wonder so too. ur in Ai ?
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by ogatboy(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2017
captleonerd:
infrastructural master just because 2 flyovers at most. amosun built 10 in Ogun state and we didn't give him title. we are still bashing him

now umahi is about to mortgage ebonyi with the proposed heavy loan. let me keep my mouth shut before the bite me
Amosun started 10. How many did he finish? Iranu
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by richidinho(m): 11:24am On Sep 20, 2017
captleonerd:

Go and open a thread for that and stop hating

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by Vendee: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2017
Good to see. States are working.
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by dokJ: 11:24am On Sep 20, 2017
Nice one....kudos! At least a governor should b seen doin something, either paying salaries or building infrastructures... unlike my governor in Delta dat is still owin salaries n infrastructure is nothing to write home about .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by asawanathegreat(m): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2017
Poli trick tians don start again oo make una fear them na so Rochas start him own today imo are suffering and sweating.
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by isholak21(m): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2017
All I can see is just an hall decorated with lots of lights pls don't quote me am not feeling fine

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by vivianbelema(f): 11:25am On Sep 20, 2017
2019 please come angry angry
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by dokiOloye(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2017
Ladyjumong:
i seems to wonder so too. ur in Ai ?
Lol.No.
But its my home state and I visit often,and I'm also very very politically conscious, so e go hard make Umahi fit deceive me wt those him disco lights like he deceived others.lol

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by cmon(m): 11:26am On Sep 20, 2017
Meanwhile, in OWERRI...

I reserve my comment.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by dheilaw1(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2017
baike:
did you just say a master, he's a criminal
nothing good can ever come out out somebody like you. enemy of progress
Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by itsIYKE(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2017
It seems our governors now buy plenty lights of all colors..before even deciding what to build cry

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by Wolfbrother(m): 11:27am On Sep 20, 2017
You people are easily impressed cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by 400billionman: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2017
Leaders should have a heart for their people.

1 Like

Re: Ebonyi Flyover : Umahi, The Infrastructure Master by captleonerd(m): 11:28am On Sep 20, 2017
ogatboy:

Amosun started 10. How many did he finish? Iranu
he finished at least 10. I can count 5 in Abeokuta alone

9 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

2023: Igbo In Delta, Rivers Can’t Use Southeast Slot, Says Anyim / Soldiers Stop EFCC Operatives From Marking Jafaru Mohammed's Forfeited Assets / 2023: Osinbajo Has Backstabbed Tinubu, He Will Do Same To Buhari - Reno Omokri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.