Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,463 members, 7,812,413 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:00 PM

I Have Fear Of Commitment! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Have Fear Of Commitment! (617 Views)

My Lack Of Commitment To Women Is Killing Me Slowly / Gatekeepers Of Commitment / Irene Ibekwe: Christmas And Fear Of Yahoo Boys! (videos, Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Have Fear Of Commitment! by scottB(m): 8:15am On Sep 20, 2017
I'm a young guy of just 23. For quite sometime now I have been having issues settling down with a lady to call a girlfriend.
Each time I make up my mind to start a relationship, my body secretes excess andrenalin and I become scared and draw.
The thing is... I have mixed feelings, emanating from religion and morals. Questions like, what would I be doing in this relationship now? is it really necessary? What if I'm tempted to have sex with her? What if she eventually gets preg? Why not wait and finish my studies?(I'm a final year student). So many thoughts that have kept me away.

What's the way forward fams?

Before you jump in and hurl insults, just no that you don't necessarily have to comment. Thanks.

CC
Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by EmperorLee(m): 8:17am On Sep 20, 2017
I was gon say something untill i saw the last part sad

Bye then.
Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by FvckShiT(m): 8:18am On Sep 20, 2017
Fûçk relationship!

......?

Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by LifeIsGuhd(f): 8:20am On Sep 20, 2017
With that kinda mixed feelings, I would advice you to NOT only wait till you are done with school but also wait till you have a job so as you can take responsibility for whatever emanates from your relationship.

I hope you would be able to pull this through tho...

1 Like

Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:33am On Sep 20, 2017
scottB:
I'm a young guy of just 23. For quite sometime now I have been having issues settling down with a lady to call a girlfriend.
Each time I make up my mind to start a relationship, my body secretes excess andrenalin and I become scared and draw.
The thing is... I have mixed feelings, emanating from religion and morals. Questions like, what would I be doing in this relationship now? is it really necessary? What if I'm tempted to have sex with her? What if she eventually gets preg? Why not wait and finish my studies?(I'm a final year student). So many thoughts that have kept me away.

What's the way forward fams?

Before you jump in and hurl insults, just no that you don't necessarily have to comment. Thanks.

CC
Lalasticlala
Mynd44

these are not symptoms of fear of commitment... this is simply a confused insecure state of mind, due to immaturity.

here is a clue:
- what should you be doing in this relationship now? CONFUSION
so you want to be in a r/ship but you have ABSOLUTELY no idea why?! then i suggest you figure out what you desire for yourself, and why before attempting to do anything in your life (let alone being in a r/ship)

- is it really necessary? CONFUSION
did anyone force you? wasnt it your own body who started shaking and wanted to be in a r/ship?! why dont you use your brain and answer that question by yourself... or is that too complicated for you?!

- What if I'm tempted to have sex with her? INSECURITY
then you can either say NO or have sex with her. the choice will always be YOURS.... but worrying about this now shows your insecurities and lack of self esteem. as if sex was by force!

-What if she eventually gets preg? IGNORANCE
there are many safe ways to make sure she doesnt get pregnant.... abstinence, condoms, birth control etc

-Why not wait and finish my studies?(I'm a final year student) CONFUSION
so people cannot study and be in r/ship again?! is that so difficult to do?! it is obvious that a r/ship is just too much of a burden to you, so i suggest you run to church and pray for the devil (and r/ship) to stay away from your mind....nonsense!

1 Like

Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by NairalandCS(m): 8:36am On Sep 20, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

these are not symptoms of fear of commitment... this is simply a confused insecure state of mind, due to immaturity.

here is a clue:
so you want to be in a r/ship but you have ABSOLUTELY no idea why?! then i suggest you figure out what you desire for yourself, and why before attempting to do anything in your life (let alone being in a r/ship)

did anyone force you? wasnt it your own body who started shaking and wanted to be in a r/ship?! why dont you use your brain and answer that question by yourself... or is that too complicated for you?!

then you can either say NO or have sex with her. the choice will always be YOURS.... but worrying about this now shows your insecurities and lack of self esteem. as if sex was by force!

there are many safe ways to make sure she doesnt get pregnant.... abstinence, condoms, birth control etc

so people cannot study and be in r/ship again?! is that so difficult to do?! it is obvious that a r/ship is just too much of a burden to you, so i suggest you run to church and pray for the devil (and r/ship) to stay away from your mind....nonsense!

Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by Nobody: 8:40am On Sep 20, 2017
brb
Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by scottB(m): 8:41am On Sep 20, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

here is a clue:

Thanks, this is most helpful, the nonsense part tho!!
Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by scottB(m): 8:42am On Sep 20, 2017
FvckShiT:
Fûçk relationship!

......?

Hmmm
Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by IamLEGEND1: 8:44am On Sep 20, 2017
Politically correct people call it fear of commitment...

Well, fuck_that &_fuck them..... I call it being a_pussy.
Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 20, 2017
You are afraid of the unknown, I know that feeling but I don't fear commitment, I fear wasting my time with the wrong person.

1 Like

Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:30am On Sep 20, 2017
scottB:

Thanks, this is most helpful, the nonsense part tho!!

the nonsense part is just to drive a point accross... you see living in FEAR will always have you doubt yourself, and questioning your life (even stop you from achieving your life goals). LIVE YOUR LIFE, and stop worrying about BS that is truly irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: I Have Fear Of Commitment! by scottB(m): 10:08am On Sep 20, 2017
MrBrownJay1:

the nonsense part is just to drive a point accross... you see living in FEAR will always have you doubt yourself, and questioning your life (even stop you from achieving your life goals). LIVE YOUR LIFE, and stop worrying about BS that is truly irrelevant.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

There Is Always That One Person / Is It Wrong For A Born Again Christian To Be Selling Condoms & Contraceptives? / Over Load!! Between Timaya And A Busty Female Fan On Stage (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.