Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,654 members, 7,816,682 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN (26895 Views)

Buhari Speaks On Plot To Islamize Nigeria / Amosun: How Tinubu Escaped Through The Back Door At Ogun APC Rally / USA Barred Buhari In 2001 Over Plan To Islamize Nigeria - Atiku (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by deomelo: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
CAN is definitely the most useless, tribalistic and bigoted organization in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Sikariyelwa: 2:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
CHRISTIANITY HAS NO JURISPRUDENCE . ITS A RELIGION WHERE ONE BEHAVE AND LIVE LIKE ANIMALS. FROM ISRAEL TO AMERICA, UK TO FRANCE TO SOUTH AFRICA. ITALI TO SPAIN NAME THEM HAVE ALL ACCEPTED GAYISM AND LESBIANISM WHAT A SINFUL ACT. RITUALISM IS ASSOCIATED WITH XTIANITY. DRUNKENNESS XTIANITY. WOMEN NUDITY CTIANITY.. ALL THE DONTS IN THE BIBLE XTIANS ARE DOING THEM 100‰.XTIANITY HAS NOW BECOME VOODOOISM WHERE PAGANISM IS COOPTED...

2 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by meetbalo(m): 2:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
Haba! Why are these pple trying to devide us tru religion? Must they oppose everytin dat has to do with islam (even when dey ll still benefit from it)? I could remember when nd how they kicked nd fought against d introductn of islamic banking (non-interest banking), but today, i dont know of other states; majourity of christians in lagos are benefiting from d said program, which my mother stood as guarantor for 4 of her christian colleagues at work.

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Raheemzee(m): 2:22pm On Sep 20, 2017
Jolar101:
When we said the truth about Buhari's evils agendas, they are kicking against our agitations even killing unarmed IPOB protesters agitating for referendum for republic of Biafra restoration so that Buhari and his Islam can do as they want in Nigeria.

Matthew chapter 7:7-12 is IPOB weapons not guns and bombs.
ipob yoot how market? Don't let me call Nigerian army for u o..wanna take a bath? Neva derail from d topic on ground again #pig!

2 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Sikariyelwa: 2:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
CHRISTIANITY HAS NO JURISPRUDENCE . ITS A RELIGION WHERE ONE BEHAVE AND LIVE LIKE ANIMALS. FROM ISRAEL TO AMERICA, UK TO FRANCE TO SOUTH AFRICA. ITALI TO SPAIN NAME THEM HAVE ALL ACCEPTED GAYISM AND LESBIANISM WHAT A SINFUL ACT. RITUALISM IS ASSOCIATED WITH XTIANITY. DRUNKENNESS XTIANITY. WOMEN NUDITY CTIANITY.. ALL THE DONTS IN THE BIBLE XTIANS ARE DOING THEM 100‰.XTIANITY HAS NOW BECOME VOODOOISM WHERE PAGANISM IS COOPTED COOPTED...

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Raheemzee(m): 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
This CAN of worm people's mumu is just like peak,its in them!

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by deomelo: 2:27pm On Sep 20, 2017
guonno:

Muslims are sick and you know that islam is war and destrcution and you know that immams are pedophiles and you know that too

With this insane and ignorant rubbish, look in the mirror for the perfect example of what you just described.

3 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by ridoxe: 2:28pm On Sep 20, 2017
The Plan of this Government and previous ones with Moslems incharge has always been to islamize the country. This evil plan can work if we as Christians do not get involved in Politics or power positions and just lay back as we are doing now. I have some questions,

1) Why is there Arabic on our Naira notes, when Goodluck removed it from the 100 naira note, this same moslem fanatics complained?
2) Why does Nigeria have Arabic on the Logo of our Army?

3) Why is Nigeria a member of Organisation Of Islamic Countries, A body meant for only Muslim Nations?

4) Why does Nigeria participate in the Moslem Games, This event is solely meant for only Muslim Countries

5) Why was there a false story to Nigeria adapting Green as our Dominant colour, when we know to Muslims, Green is the main colour directed to be us
1) you are simply clueless
2) you are the fanatic here
3) am very sure u skipd d part that talkd about d reason why FG came about it
4) what were you told abt the colours of the national flag.
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Yusman316(m): 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
;DWhat year was this political party (C.A.N) registered again? Someone pls remind me! ;DWhat year was this political party (C.A.N) registered again? Someone pls remind me!

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by bhabz01(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
Lets not be sentimental and say the fact,
How can someone in his or her right sense say Nigeria can be islamize...
its nt possible, do you know how many christains we have here in Nigeria?
sometimes i read comments on nairaland and i keep wondering how people think....
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Freshsan2009: 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
RomeSankara:

This comment was made by a Muslim so no suprises
may be jst by name/ one of dos christen dah lyk spoilng islam...

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by fk001(m): 2:42pm On Sep 20, 2017
RoyalUc:

Please don't go there!

Why shouldn't i go there

The VP is a Christian, a pastor for that matter and we have a lot of Christians in this administration.

Why are they always feeling insecure and they have this natural phobia about Islam.

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by deomelo: 2:48pm On Sep 20, 2017
Osun State had last year raised N11.4bn sukuk, an Islamic bond, and the State Governor, Rauf Aregbesola, came under attack for this.

But according to a statement made available to our correspondent in Osogbo on Sunday by the media aide to the governor, Mr. Semiu Okanlawon, the director-general of the DMO has commended the governor for being a trailblazer in this regard.

The DMO director-general promised to encourage sukuk issuance in Nigeria.

The statement also quoted Nwankwo to have said that Osun debt profile was a sustainable one and was healthy for the economic growth of the state.

Nwankwo, according to the statement, spoke on the sideline of a three-day retreat for members of the House Committee on Aids, Loans and Debt Management.

Nwankwo said, “It is our plan to encourage the issuance of sukuk in Nigeria because we need to diversify the instrument in the bond market.

“We want to make sure that all segments of the society is captured in the bond market because there are some groups of people or individuals who do not want to participate in ordinary bond because of interest.

“Our office, DMO, and others are working hard to introduce sukuk in Nigeria. We are delighted that Osun took the initiative and helped in introducing it in Nigeria. So, Osun is one of the best states in public debt management.”

https://www.lotuscapitallimited.com/index.php/customer-care/87-press-release/134-dmo-to-encourage-sukuk-bond-in-nigeria

That's christian ibo man promoting the same bond scheme.

While states like Osun are commissioning projects left and right with almost zero interest loans, useless bigots and losers and religious bigots from project less sates are crying and wailing. Very so den go begin shout marginalization after marginalizing themselves with bigotry and tribalism.

2 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by dimeji877(m): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
"ON THE ISSUANCE OF SUKUK BOND AND ISLAMOPHOBIA IN NIGERIA"

BY.

YUSUFF O. ASHIRU

It is an undisputable fact that Nigeria is a multi-religious society but with two relatively equal prominent religions- Islam and Christianity. In a country like this, the fact that there may be fear of one religion becoming dominant is undeniable. This is evident from the recent allegation from the Christian Association of Nigeria that the issuance of Federal Government Sukuk Bond in Nigeria is an attempt to islamize the country.

According to AAOIFI, Sukuk are " securities of equal dominations representing individual ownership of interest in the portfolio of the eligible existing and future assets". Sukuk bond differs from conventional bond in that the former complies with the Sharia (Islamic law). This Islamic bond does not have interest rate attachment. It is seen as an asset based instrument rather than debt based instrument because there is no guarantee of profit and repayment of the principal to the its holder(lender). Also, the fund raised from this issue can not be used to finance projects considered socially irresponsible by the Islamic law.

Since the legitimization of sukuk by the Fiqh Academy of the Organization for Islamic Cooperation in 1988 as a financial instrument among member countries, sukuk have been dominating the capital markets in these countries. The United Kingdom, a country whose has about 60 percent of her population as Christians, after observing its effectiveness in Muslim countries especially during the 2008/2009 global financial melt down issued her first sukuk in 2014 in order to help her healing economy. The available records have shown that Muslim countries were less affected by the said financial crisis. Apart from the United Kingdom, other non-Muslim countries like Germany, Hong Kong, and Luxemburg have also issued this instrument to tackle recessions.

In 2013, after the release of the guidelines on the issuance of Islamic bond by the Debt Management Office, Osun state government under the leadership of Gov. Rauf Aregbesola became the first and only state to issue sukuk in Nigeria. The state government issued sukuk bond worth of #11.4 billion in other to finance some capital projects in the state. No wonder the first tenure of this Governor witnessed unprecedented capital projects in the state and earned him the second term.

Seeing the effectiveness of the Islamic financial instrument across the world and Osun state, the federal government of Nigeria recently embarked on the issuance of sukuk in Nigeria with the target of #100 billion naira. According to the government, this is part of the efforts to finance the deficit in the 2017 budget and some capital projects in the country. The government believes that sukuk bond will ensure financial inclusiveness in the country. Many Muslims in the country do not participate in the conventional financial system because most of its fundamentals are against Islamic law which Muslims in the country do not play with. Therefore there was an urgent need to introduced sukuk side by side with conventional bond to ensure more participation in the financial system.

The Christians in Nigeria under the umbrella of the CAN are therefore urged to support the government efforts towards financial inclusiveness which is key to inclusive growth and development. The body should not forget that Nigeria is multi-religious consisting of Muslims and Christians of equal relative population. Hence, the country can never neither be Islamised nor Christianised under any administration.

Both Muslims and Christians should allow tolerance and throw away there differences. They should understand that Religious institution has both capacity to make and mar a society depending on the attitudes of the different religious practitioners towards each other.

Copied..
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Yeligray(m): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
wakaman:
Evil men! You have not done anything about the crimes and philandeering we witness everyday cause of you so called men of God from rituals, to scamming , to adultery. And all sorts of God forsaken acts. The more churches available the more crime and criminals proliferate, in fact it is directly proportional.

Islamize ko, ritualize ni.

Evil people.
u think sey na only muslims fit kill?, wait and see
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by leepest(m): 2:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
HDVideos:
The Plan of this Government and previous ones with Moslems incharge has always been to islamize the country. This evil plan can work if we as Christians do not get involved in Politics or power positions and just lay back as we are doing now. I have some questions,

1) Why is there Arabic on our Naira notes, when Goodluck removed it from the 100 naira note, this same moslem fanatics complained?

http://muslimrightsmuric..com.ng/2015/10/return-arabic-ajami-to-naira-notes.html

https://www.naij.com/330023-muslim-group-challenges-jonathan.html

2) Why does Nigeria have Arabic on the Logo of our Army?

3) Why is Nigeria a member of Organisation Of Islamic Countries, A body meant for only Muslim Nations?

4) Why does Nigeria participate in the Moslem Games, This event is solely meant for only Muslim Countries

5) Why was there a false story to Nigeria adapting Green as our Dominant colour, when we know to Muslims, Green is the main colour directed to be used, this is because its Mohammeds favourite colour. No wonder Most Islamic countries use Green (Check flags of Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Bangladash etc)

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/06/islamic_greenwashing.html

https://islamgreatreligion./tag/prophets-favorite-color/

6) Why can they have shariah, sukuh and several other things satisfying their Islam Faith, are they the only ones in the country.

As Christians we need to stand up and seek political positions, enough of playing second fiddle, if we calm down it would be in the presence of our kids or Grandchildren that this Nation would be Islamised.

As for Atheist, you think you are left out, read the story of Turkey, Iran, Syria etc, you would see these countries were initially Very christian dominated and most importantly very liberal, check them out now, trust me its only Christian Nations that support liberalism, you would be killed or punished for going against Islamic rules and most abide by Moslem faith in an Islamic Nation, so trust me it would affect you and your future children.

For liberal Muslims, it would also go against you, if you are a woman, you must wear the hijab, its compulsory, you also won't be permitted to drive a car and do a lot of several other things, you would be exposed to unnecessary abuse and persecutions, if you are a man you can't be free to act how you want.

Lets all think and stop this rubbish from coming to fruition.

let me tell u something, we are muslims and we have to practice our religion, dox anyone stops u from going to church?

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by RoyalUc(m): 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
fk001:

Why shouldn't i go there

The VP is a Christian, a pastor for that matter and we have a lot of Christians in this administration.

Why are they always feeling insecure and they have this natural phobia about Islam.

Not everybody has that "natural phobia about Islam."

Useless people? Mbanu!
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Nobody: 2:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
Raheemzee:
ipob yoot how market? Don't let me call Nigerian army for u o..wanna take a bath? Neva derail from d topic on ground again #pig!

Shame on you. Animal.

Look at your yans***h

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by fk001(m): 2:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
RoyalUc:

Not everybody has that "natural phobia about Islam."
Useless people? Mbanu!

OK i have withdraw that statement "useless people"
But they are acting weird

1 Like

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by amnesty7: 3:05pm On Sep 20, 2017
Pls what does Islamisation exactly mean? Don't the haters have something similar to introduce instead of crying foul? Is the CBN governor now a Muslim?

2 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by RoyalUc(m): 3:09pm On Sep 20, 2017
fk001:

OK i have withdraw that statement "useless people"

But they are acting weird

You are a great guy!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by kindnyce(m): 3:13pm On Sep 20, 2017
RoyalUc:
Well, CAN, if the government was planning to Islamise the country through the back door, I will suggest you Christianise the country through the front door.

If the floating of the SUKUK Islamic bond that earn no interest is a ploy to Islamise the country, why not try floating a SIMON Christian bond with similar purpose.

Well, oppositions and criticisms are needed in our modern (Nigerian) democracy. It keeps us in check.

Best comment of the Day!!!

3 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by bedspread: 3:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
IN THE NAME OF JESUS, WE CANCEL any Sukuku bond or watever it's called....... we Declare that it Crashes to on the face of Pmb and his cohorts.... With The Blood of JESUS it is Nullified in JESUS NAME...AMEN
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by RoyalUc(m): 3:20pm On Sep 20, 2017
kindnyce:

Best comment of the Day!!!

Thanks for the compliment.
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by goingape1: 3:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
Raheemzee:
no one in his right senses will say you don't need urgent grammar lesson ....biko park well
phuck off!
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by SucezYiz: 3:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
ur complain ur headache...i no religion is not takin us anywhere in diz country, waitin concern sef...pple jst put religion 4 head lik kilode..sum of yhu wil not make heaven sef...bcuz u ar practicin d religion d way itz suppose to be...den say dy want to islamize Nigeria..here word...yeye dey smell...make evrybody go practice waitin him no best..datz all.. iam a proud Muslim.
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by proudlyYoruba(m): 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2017
osazsky:
they put Arabic inscriptions on all our naira note
English language is inscribed all over our naira notes abi English is your father language ni. The Hausas speak Arabic before the North and South were amalgamated, they understand less english but more Arabic and you are shouting like the Arabic on the note is an Islamic insignia. Fella you want things to be done ur way, you don't want to consider other people feelings. UK sold close up to $200m sukkuk bonds for infrastructure, neymar was bought with Arab money and Man City na Arab get am. Abi u no dey see fly emirate across club shirts and dem playing emirates cup. Go collect anoda $5bn from china make we pay and make our children pay join

2 Likes

Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Obiwiz(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2017
wakaman:

I am not a muslim, i am a nominal Christian by birth, but i have given that up. I am now a common senser!

Wake up!
too late. ... islamization is already here.
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by omenka(m): 3:35pm On Sep 20, 2017
wakaman:

I am not a muslim, i am a nominal Christian by birth, but i have given that up. I am now a common senser!

Wake up!
Whether you are a Muslim or a Christian is immaterial to me. I'm a Christian and I endorse your comment 1000%!
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by allpower: 3:49pm On Sep 20, 2017
selfish mind cultivate do things in is own way alone.selfishness b did,where will u put the Christian or dey too shd b doing Muslim.... no way...if u push snake to the wall he go face u back
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by Unbreakable007: 3:54pm On Sep 20, 2017
All Muslim are terrorist .

Quote me anywhere .

Una father
Re: SUKUK Islamic Bond Is A Way To Islamize Nigeria Through Back Door –CAN by toyecoach(m): 3:59pm On Sep 20, 2017
This CAN sef. Creating aprehensions where there's none. Your VP, CBN, Finance, Trade & Investment, Foreign Ministers are all Christians. But you never shouted they wanted to 'Chinalise' or 'buddilize' Nigeria. A beg

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu Joins Buhari In London For A Meeting (PHOTO) / President Buhari Campaigns In Niger State (Photos, Video) / Soldiers Stopped Us From Monitoring Rivers Elections — EU Observers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.