Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,141 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:33 PM

Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos (19705 Views)

The Only Bridge Linking Ogbia Communities Collapses In Elebele Community / Cross River Residents Groan As Fuel Scarcity Cripples Calabar, Other Locations / Residents Lament As Heavy Downpour Washes Off Ondo Bridge (photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by CastedDude: 8:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
Bebuo Bomaji the village of Hon Cletus Obun, the APC State Vice Chairman Central Senatorial district in Cross River state - has been cut off from the rest of the world as a result of flood that caused a landslide that destroyed the sole bridge linking the people with the rest of the world. The landslide destruction is so devastating that pedestrian movements is rendered an impossibility. Crops and economic activities are rendered impossible with a story of doom and helpless defining the people...

In a telephone conversation with Hon Cletus Obun, the leading political leader of the area calls for a quick intervention of NDDC and the APC led government to stop the flood that destroyed the only existing bridge making pedestrian and economic activities impossible.

Bellow are the pictures of the collapsed bridge

Joseph Odok
Social Change Agent

Source; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2017/09/flood-destroys-linking-bridge-bebuo-bomaji-of-boki-lga-crs.html

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Destined2win: 8:11pm On Sep 20, 2017
Every governor under my reign as President must sign an undertaken to hit specific targets at specific times else consider yourself an enemy of the state

15 Likes

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by elsse(m): 8:18pm On Sep 20, 2017
grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by auntysimbiat(f): 8:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
Too bad
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Harbeyg09(m): 9:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Is it everything government should be doing for them
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by smardray(m): 9:16pm On Sep 20, 2017
they shu nt divide labour and reconstruct it.. they shu be lamenting there
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by silasweb(m): 10:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
May God help them
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by tayo4ng(m): 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
sorry. ooooo
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Yeligray(m): 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
London bridge is falling down
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by tayo4ng(m): 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
I wish I can help
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by leofab(f): 10:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
This country
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Nonywendy(m): 10:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
I weep for cross river, dat state is so backward in everything

2 Likes

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Nobody: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ben Ayade and Florence Ita giwa over to you
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by CEOYOMZZYBLOG: 10:31pm On Sep 20, 2017
Ok
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by OGHENAOGIE(m): 11:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
Teewhy2:
This should be a local government projects, most local government just collect money from the state to pay salaries to their friends and partner while actually the no of utilized work force is not up to 30 % of the people local governments pay. Hardly do you hear local government do a capital project.
If the APC state vice chairman can't use his position to get the local government to do it, it is left to him. A country wer tins wrk dee is no need to lament...d local govt chair ll chart a way forward....see countries hit by hurricane de are wrking tins out...but here na to eat money we sabi God help us

Considering doing a roof parapet?
check out price comparison between a concrete cast in suite against polystyrene parapet.
Polystyrene parapet is light weight and doesn't have much impact on the land.
excellent usage on swampy environment.
click below for more details.

https://www.nairaland.com/3726763/alternative-building-material-expanded-polystyrene/4
(Modify) (Quote) (Report) 1 Like (Share)
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by drizslim(m): 11:23pm On Sep 20, 2017
Nawa! Yawa dey
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by maskamdo(m): 12:09am On Sep 21, 2017
This collapsed bridge was erosion inspired
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Fabulouski(m): 12:30am On Sep 21, 2017
And this is Boki local government area.
No good road/social amenities in that part of the world.
Sometimes I wonder how people survive there.

1 Like

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Nobody: 1:33am On Sep 21, 2017
Harbeyg09:
Is every time the government should be soliciting for their votes?

1 Like

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by MadCow1: 1:57am On Sep 21, 2017
Destined2win:
Every governor under my reign as President must sign an undertaken to hit specific targets at specific times else consider yourself an enemy of the state

There will be no need for that if all the states just kept their wealth and paid taxes to the FG.

Plus what of if it's a Federal Road? undecided

1 Like

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by MVLOX(m): 4:06am On Sep 21, 2017
If u check well u go see say na in the days of our forefathers them take construct the said bridge.... So maybe the flood destroying it was a way of helping the pple get a new one....am just saying cha

1 Like

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by fashrola(m): 7:00am On Sep 21, 2017
Harbeyg09:

Do you expect an individual or the community to build a bridge? Then what's the responsibilities of the government when the good people of the FRN are paying tax? undecided

The core responsibilities of the government is to provide good roads, potable water, Electricity, security and Good health services to it people... When all these things are been done by an individual or the community then the government has failed to carry out it responsibilities...

2 Likes

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Eyewonda: 7:34am On Sep 21, 2017
Harbeyg09:

Do please mention the one you are aware Government is doing/has done for them.

1 Like

Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by opalu: 8:56am On Sep 21, 2017
It has been a death-trap not a bridge
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by 400billionman: 9:00am On Sep 21, 2017
Funny looking bridge..
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Veryrudeswagg(m): 10:12am On Sep 21, 2017
Harbeyg09:
You need to go to Boki LG, even if u sell the houses there, u won't buy flat screen (exaggeration)..... but that place is very backward... no light for like 5years now just solar in betrico abi what is the name sef.... them post me go buanchor but as a sharp boy, I post myself commot.
Re: Flood Collapses Only Bridge Bebuo Bomaji, Cross River, Residents Lament. Photos by Harbeyg09(m): 10:55am On Sep 21, 2017
At my former residence, there was a long canal separating us from the other community knowing fully well that only a bridge can spare us 250 naira transport daily if we are to go there. Since government have refused to help we the resident teenagers including me and few youths had to paddle a canoe to build a wooden bridge which took us for about few weeks to complete up till that bridge is still in existence both the rich and the poor now walk on it.

It's not that am trying to make a utter anything unmeaningful so people will see that me too i can talk

Eyewonda
Fashrola
Veryrudeswagg
Asuustrike2009

Hope you guys get my point of view

(1) (Reply)

Benue Killings Design To Divide Nigeria - President Buhari Says / Say Something Good About Another Tribe / Construction Of 700MW Zungeru Power Plant Resumes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.