Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,451 members, 7,816,049 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:58 AM

Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? - Events (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? (34173 Views)

Jim Beam Bartender Competition Worth N500k #jimbeammixoff / Win N500k In The Itel #igotthemoves Dance Competition / Apostle Suleman Gifts Football Juggler N500k After Showing Some Onderful Skills (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Valobit(f): 3:27pm On Sep 25, 2017
Mypeople2:
It seems your lady is not ready for marriage, boyfriend and girlfriend still dey sweet her.She nor know say babes plenty full ground. Abeg leave her make you come marry my sister, we will reduce the cost for you. In fact, my family will take care of the traditional and then you will do the wedding as you wish.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

you no well at all

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by iukpe: 3:28pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.

hahahahahahahahahahahahaha...................oh my God.
I am sure she is just joking.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Thanks. So far I have managed to save 800k. I told the lady we should try and budget 500k, so we still have some change but she claim I don't value her and says I should step it up to 1.4m. She also say I must buy a ride, DAT she can't be married and trekking.
do phyton Dance on her body and run away while you can grin
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by queenfav(f): 3:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
prestige2013:

wen is it happening?
Give me details let me be among the 200 guests.
God bless ur forth coming day n home.
amen o.. It's December 22nd,Delta State.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by afroxyz: 3:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

And you still want to marry her despite these ominous signs

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by MrBigiman: 3:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
missbeckykisses:
do phyton Dance on her body and run away while you can grin

Which one is python dance abeg?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by viceroyalty: 3:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
How can i get a quick loan?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by charlie42(m): 3:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
If the latter is the case, i will proceed to breakdown the expenses for you.
Traditional marriage : (200k)
- attire for couple : 30k
-5 crates of malt (120pcs) : 15k
-Half bag of rice and condiments: 40k
-1 cow leg : 15k
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Wedding / Registry : 300k
Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
Brides outfit : 50k
Dj :10k (Get a friend to do Mc)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin
Chairs, canopies, decoration: 50k
Rings, Cake : 50k
photography :50k

Tips on how to save more money
1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
2. Use an open field for reception
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.
8. Please do not serve alcohol at ur wedding if you want to cut cost.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

U

See break down shocked I trowey salute give you. How can I contact you when I'm ready I'm looking at December.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by afroxyz: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ishilove:

The irony is white is supposed to symbolise purity.

So much blindness and ignorance in the practice of today's religion.

Ha ishi. Na u dey talk like this? Chineke! Thank the stars you are being liberated

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Ishilove: 3:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
afroxyz:

Ha ishi. Na u dey talk like this? Chineke! Thank the stars you are being liberated
I have always been liberated, afro. You have just been too distracted to know the difference smiley

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by easzypeaszy(m): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:
I need to ask, is the 500k all the money you have in your savings or just what you have earmarked for you wedding?
if the former is the case, please hold on a while and try to save some more or reduce your wedding budget by 200k . U should never start a marriage with an empty account balance.
- Marriage rites 100k ( This will work only if you have an understanding bride and inlaws)
Borrow a home theater system to her place for music and play from your phone using auxiliary wire.

Groom suit, shoes, shirt :20k (You can get a wonderful suit from Ariaria market for 14k)
catering for 100 people : 100k .(Budget 1k per person, it will be enough) everybody must not chop grin

1. Do trad and white same day. This saves half of the cooking and logistics fund which can be utilized elsewhere.
3. Avoid buying asoebi with the hope that people will buy from you.most people especially family will just collect and not pay back. give colours of the day instead.
4. You do not need to print 200 invitation cards. about 20 pcs will do for your esteemed guests, the rest can be invited electronically
5. Please , please and please, do not waste money on plenty 5 step cake and a bejeweled bouquet, or even expensive bridal shoes. You will have no need them after that day
6. You do not need emblazoned souvenir bags, there are plenty plastic souvenirs sold for 100 naira each.
7. You do not need to collect photobook ooooo. Many photographers use that to scam couples . What I did during my wedding was that I hired 2 cameras video and photo (5D) for 2 days at 15k each per day. I gave a relative to take pics and he put the soft copies in a flash for me. everything for trad and white cost 70k and i Had great quality pics. I did the photobook and two frames at a later date when we had recovered small and it was way cheaper doing it myself.

If the 500k is for only wedding ceremony then you do not have wahala. Just ensure you and your bride are on the same page and she knows exactly how much you have to spend.

kai i need marry u
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by SalomonKane: 3:49pm On Sep 25, 2017
Shroud:
Yeah. Every female looks forward to the wedding day to fulfill the Cinderella fantasy.
Aye. I'm starting to think I'm the direct opposite. grin
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Which one is python dance abeg?
give her better kondoring like never before and runnnnn
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by abbeyty(m): 3:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

So this is the type of gold digger you want to marry to?
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Hantonia(f): 3:53pm On Sep 25, 2017
Even If U Wana Do A Church Weddin A Fam Friend Did Hers In D Church Chapel Catholic Thou It Was Jst Close Fam Nd Friends Wit D Witnes Sikena Jst Light Refreshment
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by GOFRONT(m): 4:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
WHILE I will leave the financial aspect to d honourable members of this forum to Advice on that, I will Advice on the Health Aspect and my advice is...Pls try make una do Genotype!!! grin grin

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by ibietela2(m): 4:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

Yawa oooo
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 4:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ishilove:

These are the families deeply brainwashed by European media and ignorant clergy.
Hahaha you no go kill me with laf cheesy

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 4:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
SmellingAnus:
I perfectly agree with you on your submission on church wedding, however, there are some families you come from, it's almost unavoidable, even some atheists do church wedding not because they want to but because of the kind of family they want to marry from ... cool

Can't stop laughing cheesy

How market? cheesy

Cc
ADEPETER2027
Hahn
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by bishopb2(m): 4:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:
I have a heart felt question to ask, can one conduct a wedding ceremony with 500k in this recession. Kindly advice and give a Bachelor a reasonable break down. God bless.

Kindly contact us on your wedding attires @HorseBok Groomcare service.
Will help you out to get your [Suit, Shirt, butterfly bowtie(with cufflinks and pocketsquare) socks, and lapel rose ] for Just 20k.
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by adepeter2027(m): 4:10pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:

Can't stop laughing cheesy

How market? cheesy

Cc
ADEPETER2027
Hahn

LoL

That person quoted is correct.
Anyways, atheists Dae see hell sha
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Diso60090(m): 4:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
if you come my father house with this your chichi money na me go shoot you my self nor be your fault H puppy nor go come dey think like this wey he dey use Gucci fry eggs and bread
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Sleezwizz: 4:15pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

That lady no like u at all. I am sorry to say this... she isnt your right wife....
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Basilekeh: 4:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Wait o...people care more about the wedding nowadays instead of the Marriage..... most broken homes had the the most expensive wedding.......for me #500k is much except you are a big man...and you know big man...that way you might recover close to or more than what you spent....but for me I believe a simple wedding is enough....let's learn from the way the whites do theirs....Nawa o
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 4:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
adepeter2027:

LoL

That person quoted is correct.
Anyways, atheists Dae see hell sha
Meaning say you fit go fit do church wedding tongue
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by adepeter2027(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
Meaning say you fit go fit do church wedding tongue
why not.?

Infact
I will do my wedding in the church, give testimony in the mosque, go to shrine and thank God for the success of the wedding ceremony
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by richie44(m): 4:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
It depends on your location
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
Wen I see topics like this, I just laff, because here is someone with 8hk, and about to get married, and yet still cracking brain, but here am I without shishi for account, wen will I get married sef...lolzz

4 Likes

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by maxdosh(m): 4:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
BellaElla:

Wait ooo. I think its a lot expensive o. Ah Ah am I buying the woman, if na so make I dey single get baby mama na. This is expensive
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by tosyne2much(m): 4:33pm On Sep 25, 2017
adepeter2027:
why not.?

Infact
I will do my wedding in the church, give testimony in the mosque, go to shrine and thank God for the success of the wedding ceremony
Na so e suppose be cheesy
Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by omotoyossi(m): 4:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
MrBigiman:

500k is enough.. Besides, if ur wife of tomoro is sayin this.. Guy, mark my words.. U r marrying d wrong girl.. U r in trouble.

1 Like

Re: Is N500k Marriage Still Possible In This Recession? by adepeter2027(m): 4:35pm On Sep 25, 2017
tosyne2much:
Na so e suppose be cheesy
Abi oo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Two Sisters Wed Same Time In Zaria, Kaduna State (Photos) / Cute Photos From Carnival Calabar 2018 / Camp Gas, Suitcases Shared As Souvenirs At A Yoruba Wedding (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.