Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,868 members, 7,817,565 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

Can I Change My BVN Picture? - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Can I Change My BVN Picture? (27332 Views)

How To Remove My Bvn From Loan Apps / Can I Open Another Bank Account, My BVN Is Linked To So Many Old, Huge Debts / How Can Someone Use My BVN Pin To Withdraw My Money. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by teacherbim(f): 8:38pm On Sep 21, 2017
DanielsParker:
I don't understand this.

When enrolling for BVN, if I can recall correctly, the cam took my photo instantly, I mean, on the spot... Not like passports were submitted or something

Maybe someone enrolled for you?

There's something you're not telling us.

I also registered 2 years ago I was trying to link my BVN to my phone numberlast week but was told that the contacts was wrong,phone number that I've been using for the past 10 years,I went to them to show me the phone no that is on my BVN it was totally different from mine SO what do you say to this?
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by linearity: 8:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
This smell like scam or an attempt to bypass or test the very safe guards that are inherent in the BVN system.

Come to think of it, you indicated that all the datapoints (e.g. picture, fingerprint) that can be used to uniquely identify you are 'wrong' and only the ones (name, date of birth, etc) that can be misrepresented or stolen are correct.

You can see why the bank are turning you down. If this is allowed, nothing stops a fraudster to obtain the name, DOB, etc of a victim and approach the bank to change the picture and fingerprint.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by tete7000(m): 8:54pm On Sep 21, 2017
onatisi:

no it doesnt. Both the fingerprint and picture are not his

That mean our guy is not being truthful. At least the finger print ought to be a match if he was truly present for the registration. How can both the picture and fingerprint be mismatch?
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by tete7000(m): 8:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
teacherbim:

I also registered 2 years ago I was trying to link my BVN to my phone numberlast week but was told that the contacts was wrong,phone number that I've been using for the past 10 years,I went to them to show me the phone no that is on my BVN it was totally different from mine SO what do you say to this?

The phone number was typed in so there can be typographical error. In the case of fingerprint and picture, these were captured; the chances they will mismatch is slime. Even if there will be mismatch, it shouldn't be the two together.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by NewLola(f): 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
BVN enrolment is a CBN project, there's no way photo will change because a preview is shown and authorized before entry is submitted.

THE OP HERE IS TRYING TO DEFRAUD SOMEBODY BY CHANGING PHOTO.

HOW COME YOU JUST NOTICED IT NOW SINCE HOW MANY YEARS AGO THAT YOU ENROLLED?

YOU LEFT THE COUNTRY AND YOU JUST RETURNED ABI?

NA ALAGBON I GO FIT DIRECT YOU TO FOR ANOTHER PHOTOSHOT
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by DanielsParker(m): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
teacherbim:

Clearly that was an error. Could be from your side or from theirs.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by oshemus: 9:36pm On Sep 21, 2017
What will warrant the bank to check his BVN photo and finger print?
Since i enrolled i have never been asked for finger print or photo verification, How can one be sure his/her details was properly caputured.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 9:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
DanielsParker:
I don't understand this.

When enrolling for BVN, if I can recall correctly, the cam took my photo instantly, I mean, on the spot... Not like passports were submitted or something

Maybe someone enrolled for you?

There's something you're not telling us.
thanks for your reply bro, that's the same thing the manager told me, but I can swear with my life that I did it myself, how can I have anybody do it for me when I know the implications?

1 Like

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 9:52pm On Sep 21, 2017
Johnrake69:

I experienced same. Go back to the exact branch you registered. They can pull out the data then get your real BVN. The picture on my BVN was an old woman buh my data was same.
hello bro, thanks for replying. U just gave me hope. How long did it take to fix yours?
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 9:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
Papiikush:
You never talk truth. How can you use a wrong picture on your BVN in the first place?

Who confirmed the account for you without looking at your face?

Your story get comma, You are probably a fraud undecided
hello vizkiz, I know you don't believe me, but that's the reality.... The manager of the bank branch I went today said the same to so I'm not surprised... But its the truth.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by Papiikush: 10:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
kirchofff:
hello vizkiz, I know you don't believe me, but that's the reality.... The manager of the bank branch I went today said the same to so I'm not surprised... But its the truth.
Then file a police report if you think you are being set up for fraud.

Wrong picture on a BVN is an act of fraud
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 10:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
ScotFree:

Boss tell us the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth!
I just told the whole truth, does it make any sense to you that someone else did it for me?
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 10:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
noxcuse4failure:
From your narrative, it seems that the enrolment was not done by you but by a proxy since your biometric is not also recognized. You may need to approach your Bank for fresh enrolment and thereafter ask for deletion of current BVN with supporting documents to prove your identity. Cheers!!!
thanks for this response, I don't know why these other folks don't believe me..isn't it ridiculous for me to try to claim someone else's BVN?
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 10:11pm On Sep 21, 2017
santicruz:
Its an error and can be corrected but it will take time depending on the bank, I had a customer whose bvn image was displaying a female, it was later changed, write to their customer care if branch level is not working[qquote author=kirchofff post=60682062]Hello guys, don't know if this is the right section for this.

I registered my BVN in 2015 during the rush hour period. But I just discovered now the the picture there is a wrong picture. My biometrics also can't access the the BVN. I went to the branch or the bank where registered it(Skye bank) they said that pictures on BVN numbers can never be changed. My other details like names and date of birth are correct. I'm so devastated right now because there's something important I want to use it for...
Any advice please?
Thanks in anticipation.
thank you very much bro, I don't know why these other guys think I'm fraudulent? So sad.

1 Like

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 10:15pm On Sep 21, 2017
oluwarlaytunday:
That's a wrong info from the customer service person can't speak for other banks though, BT I know of someone with similar issues which was resolved...its either u re-enrol with diff Bvn no or maintain the same no and they get that fvckin face off cz the error ain't from you
thanks you so much for your response, I appreciate few of you who believe me..imagine someone said I'm fraudulent.. That's so painful.

1 Like

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 10:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
oshemus:
What will warrant the banks to check his BVN photo and finger print?
Since i enrolled i have never been asked for finger print or photo verification, How can one be sure his/her details was properly caputured.
why I was required to use my fingerprint was because I used my bvn as an ID to pic up a western Union money sent to me by a friend in the US. That's why I was asked to use my fingerprint to verify. Thanks
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by Johnrake69: 10:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
kirchofff:
hello bro, thanks for replying. U just gave me hope. How long did it take to fix yours?

It's was fixed same day I went to the Branch. I told them I wasn't leaving the banking Hall until they fixed it. I got the right BVN the next day via text.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by oshemus: 10:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
kirchofff:
why I was required to use my fingerprint was because I used my bvn as an ID to pic up a western Union money sent to me by a friend in the US. That's why I was asked to use my fingerprint to verify. Thanks
i see, next time use quickteller or online banking to receive the western union in other to avoid bank wahala. I hope you find solution to the bvn issue.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by BALLOSKI: 10:51pm On Sep 21, 2017
alexistaiwo:
Slay papa thought BVN is social media account where you change dp at your whims and caprices grin
grin I don laugh tire.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 10:59pm On Sep 21, 2017
oshemus:

i see, next time use quickteller or online banking to receive the western union in other to avoid bank wahala. I hope you find solution to the bvn issue.
thanks man, I've heard a lot of unpleasant stories about quick teller that's why I'm scared to use them. Thanks for your concern.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by kirchofff(m): 11:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
Johnrake69:

It's was fixed same day I went to the Branch. I told them I wasn't leaving the banking Hall until they fixed it. I got the right BVN the next day via text.
that means the BVN you've been having all those while wasn't yours but had your name and DOB?

1 Like

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by Johnrake69: 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
kirchofff:
that means the BVN you've been having all those while wasn't yours but had your name and DOB?

Exactly.

1 Like

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by bold44: 4:14am On Sep 22, 2017
Hi

I will try to be very detailed here but pm me if more clarification is needed or support.

In BVN, 2 things r very key: finger n face.

Every bvn is owned by the person whose finger when scanned produces the data.
So, when there fingerscan you to validate; did it bring out your data?
If you gave the number n d picture appeared, that bvn may not be yours . Go to the bank not nececcsary the branch where you did it and as k that there finger validate your bvn.
This will prove better.
If finger validations provides yours details but not your face then the next step is for you to officialy write. That your bvn be deleted due to picture error by the bank during enrollment.
Thats is to scan to their headoffice and further to nibss....cbn things( this is their i information really not yours) and in 48...72 hours usually the bvn is deleted. Remember this is whenyour finger validation proves.

So if your finger validation does not provide any bvn, beautiful as you can enrol again.

Pm me pls if the branch tells you not possible. Its a part no one really loves doing cause of the u iqueness of the bvn stuff.
Most bank customer care problem is about the staff not the bank. He or she tells you cant be done due to knowledge or experience what he can do better is to ask a superior in the branch...bank or do a mail to the units in charge.
Sorry for the inconvenience already experience and maybe more. Lol

Hope this helps... We can talk off this platform if need be. Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by bold44: 4:18am On Sep 22, 2017
Ask for a printed copy of the validation page if finger validation was okay along with d letter and and an ID that also shows those details;shey you get.thats what you submit.

Regards
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by mathy2p2: 5:11am On Sep 22, 2017
Maybe the picture was ugly and you don't want to use it. There are two things you can do.

Request to delete your bvn and get re-enroll that is all is not a big deal.
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by onatisi(m): 6:00am On Sep 22, 2017
bold44:
Hi

I will try to be very detailed here but pm me if more clarification is needed or support.

In BVN, 2 things r very key: finger n face.

Every bvn is owned by the person whose finger when scanned produces the data.
So, when there fingerscan you to validate; did it bring out your data?
If you gave the number n d picture appeared, that bvn may not be yours . Go to the bank not nececcsary the branch where you did it and as k that there finger validate your bvn.
This will prove better.
If finger validations provides yours details but not your face then the next step is for you to officialy write. That your bvn be deleted due to picture error by the bank during enrollment.
Thats is to scan to their headoffice and further to nibss....cbn things( this is their i information really not yours) and in 48...72 hours usually the bvn is deleted. Remember this is whenyour finger validation proves.

So if your finger validation does not provide any bvn, beautiful as you can enrol again.

Pm me pls if the branch tells you not possible. Its a part no one really loves doing cause of the u iqueness of the bvn stuff.
Most bank customer care problem is about the staff not the bank. He or she tells you cant be done due to knowledge or experience what he can do better is to ask a superior in the branch...bank or do a mail to the units in charge.
Sorry for the inconvenience already experience and maybe more. Lol

Hope this helps... We can talk off this platform if need be. Thanks

many of you still dont get what the op is saying ,some of us here have repeated it over and over again. THE PICTURE AND THE FINGERPRINT ON THAT BVN DOES NOT BELONG TO THE OP,HE ONLY HAS A NUMBER AND NAME WHY ISNT ANYONE ASKING HOW HE GOT THE NUMBER THE FIRST PLACE? I AM VERY SURE THE SIGNATURE ON THE BVN TOO ISNT HIS OWN
Does that mean once i have someone name and dob plus some data of anybody ,i can just walk into a bank and change the picture ?
there is no way bvn registration will combine both mistakes at the same time .

i don tire for nigerians oo,i am out of here .have a nice day everyone
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by MDDarah84(m): 6:45am On Sep 22, 2017
Hello All,
Please if my BVN number get compromised ,can I change it?
Thank you
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by DanielsParker(m): 6:49am On Sep 22, 2017
kirchofff:
thanks for your reply bro, that's the same thing the manager told me, but I can swear with my life that I did it myself, how can I have anybody do it for me when I know the implications?

There must have been a mix up somewhere. I feel your plight. I hope you sort out your issues..
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by donqx: 8:11am On Sep 22, 2017
yes
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by Tbpeters: 8:20am On Sep 22, 2017
kirchofff:
Hello guys, don't know if this is the right section for this.

I registered my BVN in 2015 during the rush hour period. But I just discovered now the the picture there is a wrong picture. My biometrics also can't access the the BVN. I went to the branch or the bank where registered it(Skye bank) they said that pictures on BVN numbers can never be changed. My other details like names and date of birth are correct. I'm so devastated right now because there's something important I want to use it for...
Any advice please?
Thanks in anticipation.

DEAR YOU,

VISIT THE NEAREST CBN WITH AN HANDWRITTN LETTER OF YOUR TO THIS EFFECT, PUT YOUR PHONE NUMBER THERE AND ALL. THEY WILL CALL YOU THEMSELVES
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by darqly(m): 9:54am On Sep 22, 2017
ceekay247:
Your BVN picture can be changed from the Bank of enrollment. You will have to complete BVN Correction form. The CBN gives customer opportunity to correct wrong information/data (i.e. Surname, First name, Middle name, Date of birh and picture) ONCE. Kindly liase with the customer service section of the bank. Regards

This is not correct. How can you change your picture biko? Can you also change your fingerprints? BVN can only be enrolled in the presence of the customer as the pic is taken on the spot. Is it possible that the OP has multiple faces and wore the wrong one for BVN grin grin He confirmed that he went there physically to enrol, how can it not be his picture?
Re: Can I Change My BVN Picture? by castrol180(m): 11:02am On Sep 22, 2017
do you want to use it to collect your npower tab? cool
kirchofff:
Hello guys, don't know if this is the right section for this.

Any advice please?
Thanks in anticipation.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Sinoma Is Constructing A Cement Plant In Kogi (Photos) / Eko Gas Scheme: Lagos Tasks Residents On Use Of Cooking Gas / Equinor Exits Nigeria After 30 Years, Sells Its Assets To Chappal Energies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.