Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,690 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:16 PM

God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love (439 Views)

Does This Verse Mean Jesus Is God Himself? / It Is Not The Law Of Moses But God Himself That Tells Us To Give First Fruit / God Himself Convinced Me Tithing Was Right - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love by dannyduks: 10:27am On Oct 15, 2017
Jesus died for all of us because he loves us. Can we just get along? The holy scripture preach love but are Christian who only go to church and pray for God mercy but keep oppressing people. let me take a text from 1 corinthian 13:1

"If I speak in the tongues of men or of
angels, but do not have love, I am only a
resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I
have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all
mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a
faith that can move mountains, but do not
have love, I am nothing. If I give all I
possess to the poor and give over my body to
hardship that I may boast, but do not
have love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not
envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It
does not dishonor others, it is not self-
seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no
record of wrongs. Love does not delight in
evil but rejoices with the truth. It always
protects, always trusts, always hopes, always
perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are
prophecies, they will cease; where there are
tongues, they will be stilled; where there is
knowledge, it will pass away. For we know
in part and we prophesy in part, but when
completeness comes, what is in part
disappears. When I was a child, I talked
like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned
like a child. When I became a man, I put the
ways of childhood behind me. For now we
see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we
shall see face to face. Now I know in part;
then I shall know fully, even as I am fully
known.
And now these three remain: faith, hope
and love. But the greatest of these is love.'

let's all love and show love. Happy sunday
Re: God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love by Humblebloke(m): 10:46am On Oct 15, 2017
what you people call love tho'

I tought love was meant to be unconditional....

when you have a chocolate bar on one hand and a knife on the other and insist I choose one.....

that's not love
Re: God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love by dannyduks: 10:51am On Oct 15, 2017
Humblebloke:
what you people call love tho'

I tought love was meant to be unconditional....

when you have a chocolate bar on one hand and a knife on the other and insist I choose one.....

that's not love

Thats Human love you are referring to.
The God's love never kill
Re: God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love by Humblebloke(m): 11:03am On Oct 15, 2017
dannyduks:

Thats Human love you are referring to.
The God's love never kill

smh...comprehension issues

Allegedly....a god loves you but will punish you if you don't love it back...

promises eternal life if you worship it and eternal damnation if you don't

that's pure abusive blackmail.....no one is gonna choose a knife over a chocolate
Re: God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love by hungryboy(m): 11:26am On Oct 15, 2017
i bet the Egytians who lost their children just because God wanted to show off his powers to Pharoah, wont agree with you.
You know what, the world is such a fvcked up place, with so much suffering and deaths taking place everyday.
And the man you claim is love , just watches on,
maybe he is the Joker,since he only loves seeing people suffer.
Re: God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love by Nelson21(m): 11:35am On Oct 15, 2017
hungryboy:
i bet the Egytians who lost their children just because God wanted to show off his powers to Pharoah, wont agree with you

There is just something scary about the God described in the old testament. He enjoyed killing.
Re: God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love by InsanePsycho(m): 12:14pm On Oct 15, 2017
I hope you are not referring to that psychopathic, genocidal, maniacal biblical god aka Jehovah as "loving"

That guy is a mass murderer and a sadist undecided

1 Like

Re: God Himself Is Love But Human Never Love by obisco4u: 7:41pm On Oct 15, 2017
You call this love?

(1) (Reply)

Bishop David Oyedepo Says The Greatest Challenge Facing Black Man Is Laziness / Jesus And Muhammad (peace Be Upon Them) In Bible And Qur'an. By Baba Ali Mustaph / Did I Kill My Own Mother?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.