Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,305 members, 7,836,329 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D (4045 Views)

N180M Fraud: Court Frees Ogbulafor / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term / How Abacha, Abusalami, Obasanjo, Dan Etete, Atiku, Pdp, Audu Ogbe, Vin Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by DisGuy: 5:19pm On Mar 03, 2010
frosbel, i read the same thing and i didnt see where it says he must be a muslim from the north
its says from the muslim north duhhh

the north is predominately muslim and the south is predominately xtain (not too sure about this one)

stop reading too much meaning into these news jare!!
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by DisGuy: 5:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
@Vigasimple

why is the veryyyyyy educated south (always) falling for this scam by the rural, cattle rearing northerners grin
what happened to all those foriegn degrees (weekend courses included) and experience they gathered from obodo oyinbo
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by naijaswag1: 5:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
Do Nigerians needed to be reminded? I think we need the reminder because many of the youngsters who are clamouring for change do not know the taste of blood and are cowards in bringing about that change.These are the principles that can avert disaster of war in a polarized nation like Nigeria pending when we are ready to imbibe true democratic ideals.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 5:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
naija_swag:

Do Nigerians needed to be reminded? I think we need the reminder because many of the youngsters who are clamouring do not know the taste of blood.This are the principles that can avert disaster of wars in a polarized nation like Nigeria pending when we are ready to emvbrace true democartic ideals.

i think the war you are trying to avoid is not really avoided, but postponed.
All they doing is creating nothing but a timing bomb
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by naijaswag1: 5:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

i think the war you are trying to avoid is not really avoided, but postponed.
All they doing is creating nothing but a timing bomb
Read the corrected version and quote me well.Are you ready to lose your father,mother,sisters,brothers,cousins,newphews and indeed your extended family? Can you bear burying 5 relations?This generation of Nigeria don't understand what war is.How I wish they could conscript Nigerians into the US army and have many die so that we will realise that there are so many other avenues for Nigeria other than war.That vigor for war should be translated into a 10 million man protest that can last weeks until change come.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by SkyBlue1: 5:45pm On Mar 03, 2010
naija_swag:

Read the corrected version and quote me well.Are you ready to lose your father,mother,sisters,brothers,cousins,newphews and indeed your extended family? Can you bear burying 5 relations?This generation of Nigeria don't understand what war is.How I wish they could conscript Nigerians into the US army and have many die so that we will realise that there are so many other avenues for Nigeria other than war.That vigor for war should be translated into a 10 million man protest that can last weeks until change come.

What a tantalizing prospect. Well. . . . never say never  smiley
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 5:49pm On Mar 03, 2010
naija_swag:

You are talking about leaders that dont give a damn if the economy move forward, people that dont care about how history will judge them, the people that have all they need for the rest of their generation.
However, i am not asking for war, but the stupid rotational presidency is nonsense and will not work in Nigeria . . . . .I just read somewhere that another party is even going as far as specifying that the leader MUST be a Muslim, so what happened to all the northerners Christians? I guess soon, some will say has to be a man, and another will say have to be a Virgin with some kinda a$$.
let us get real, cos this is the beginning of a danger that we will not be able to handle.
If we are for democracy, let us do it right and if we are into installing a leader, let us be real.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 5:53pm On Mar 03, 2010
Personally I am of the opinion that if things do not get better we should sit down at the table and reach a consensus.

I truly believe that the essence of Islam with all the meddling by Saudi Arabia is total domination and nothing less. Islam does not like to be in a subordinated position. I recently read an article where a Muslim cleric in the north lamented that Good Luck Jonathan represents the Evangelical and Pentecostal Christians. They cannot accept him.

Take for example Lebanon which was at one time 70% Christian and very developed. What happened there was that during the Jordan crisis when the king kicked out the Palestinians, they were welcomed into LEBANON as refugees, helped to settle and eventually became citizens.

However despite the kindness of the Lebanese Christians at that time, what happened was that small by small the Muslims multiplied and dismantled the apparatus of a secular Lebanon until Christians started to flee due to civil war and now you have a majority Islamic state.

I have watched video after video of many a Muslim declaring that Nigeria is a Muslim state and by and by Sharia will be pushed by force toward the south.

I personally suspect that Abuja was designed with intent of making it the Northern capital of a newly named country after all the OIL from the south has been siphoned.So for now they just use the oil from the south to develop the North and then when it finishes tell them to bagger off.

In summary I suggest that if we cannot work together for a common good we should seperate.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by kegikwanu(m): 5:54pm On Mar 03, 2010
before one thinks of war, how about some real protest?
we tend to endure and complain. but where is the initiative? there are some but none is really followed.
I often think of countries like Iran, where people have to fear for their lives when they protest. But they do!!
From my point of view this is PDP constitutional bullshit is far away from common sense,
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by kegikwanu(m): 5:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
and by the way, what about political education first of all!!
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 6:00pm On Mar 03, 2010
kegikwanu:

before one thinks of war, how about some real protest?
we tend to endure and complain. but where is the initiative? there are some but none is really followed.
I often think of countries like Iran, where people have to fear for their lives when they protest. But they do!!
From my point of view this is PDP constitutional bullshit is far away from common sense,

yes that is PDP agenda, however, i read on another thread that another popular party has gone as far as saying the Leadership has to come from North and MUSt be a muslim, what a statement.
What about all the Christians in the North . . . . I dont think religion must be a preq to being the president of a nation, this only means we are moving closer to Sharia, if care if care is not taken
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by DisGuy: 6:05pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

yes that is PDP agenda, however, i read on another thread that another popular party has gone as far as saying the Leadership has to come from North and MUSt be a muslim, what a statement.
What about all the Christians in the North . . . . I dont think religion must be a preq to being the president of a nation, this only means we are moving closer to Sharia, if care if care is not taken

maybe next time you should read the statement itself instead of the interpreted version of it

PDP National Chairman Prince Vincent Ogbulafor said the decision was in line with the party's power rotation arrangement.

"We felt that the zoning of the presidency of the party as enshrined in the party’s constitution should be maintained and therefore the zoning arrangement in the constitution should hold for the next four years," said Ogbulafor, who led all members of the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) to the meeting at the Kwara State Governor’s lodge.

“The South has had it for eight years and therefore the North should also hold it for eight years so that we take care of the restiveness in the nation," he added.
The party chairman refused to divulge further details.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 6:31pm On Mar 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

maybe next time you should read the statement itself instead of the interpreted version of it

I am done with trying to debate with you.
Cos there is no relation at all btw what you highlighted and your quote . . . none
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by marvix(m): 7:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
There is no cause 4 alarm, Ogbulafor has just shown dat he is another fool who will be consumed by d movin train of a man blessed wit Goodluck and Wisdom but answers d name Jonathan.
Can ogbulafor tell us 4 real who d nxt pdp presidential candidate will be and will that candidate throw away his 2nd term because Yaradua had used one this simple reason xposes d stupidity of his statement.
The pdp of today is no longer d pdp of 2007 who was Ogbulafor b4 he bcam chairman of d pdp even he didn't xpect to get d seat but 4 d diplomatic character of Mr President who refused to align himself with d camps dat existed @ dat time, if d same pdp afta all that andy uba had done were bold enuf to hav denied him d Anambra governorship ticket anything can still hapen, let's also not 4get dat wen Yaraduas ilnes started Ogbulafor was quick in his characteristic stupidity declared dat there was no vacum until Jonathan brot dem all to their knes nd they started talkin of doctrine of nonsense.
Let us all watch out the wise man who moves slowly but surely has taken note and he definitely has a plan cos as things ar goin he stil has d best shot @ d presidency because he is actually d leader of d pdp in d absence of Yaradua.
What we as individuals have to do is to start joinin d party nd start clamorin 4 Jonathan, support his moves no matter how quietly he makes them anoda thin is to giv him a conducive atmosphere to perform dat is d militants of d ND calm down nd encourage development in d ND labor unions coperate cos dis might be a subtle and d easiest way to foist a peoples choice ova d cabal.
The drama is just abt to start,
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Onlytruth(m): 8:09pm On Mar 03, 2010
The whole truth is that we are about to accept who the boss is in Nigeria. One northern political leader (think it was Uba Ahmed, not sure now) said that whoever controls the superstructure (the military) controls the infrastructure (the government). That is why 2 battalions of the brigade of guards were deployed when Yar adua came back without Jonathan knowing about it and nothing happened. . And nothing will happen, because the north is holding everyone down by force. Everyone knows this fact.
The problem now is how to bell the proverbial cat -the north.

Ogbulafor is only conveying a message sent by the lords of Nigeria in the north -don't buy that idiocy packaged as "Nigerian elites ruining the country", it is the north!

For that reason, it is only reasonable to assume that there will be war in Nigeria sometime in the future because the rest of the country is gradually coming to realize this simple fact. No one wants war, but countries that fight wars don't chose to. It will take pure miracle for Nigeria to move forward without war. cool
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by monkeyleg: 8:13pm On Mar 03, 2010
In the words of Chief Zebrudaya "How you Are". I have often argued on this site that the problem with Nigeria today is PDP. No need to get angry, maybe this is now a good reason for people to vote alternative parties, and yes DEFEND YOUR VOTE. No one will do it for you.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Onlytruth(m): 8:18pm On Mar 03, 2010
It is also why this coup rumor won't go away. The north needs power (for some inexplicable reasons) -though they are poor managers -they must rule. The next northern president will likely go for two terms (even if he is terrible at it). That is the Nigeria we have. sad
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by monkeyleg: 8:25pm On Mar 03, 2010
People must not dispair if we are prepared to stand up and be counted. Nigerians are notorious for that, and that is why we are all being phocked this way.

Nigeria as a country can not be held hosted by a thieving minority. The world is watching, and we all have a good opportunity to vote these devils out of power
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 8:39pm On Mar 03, 2010
For all those ignoramuses who are telling me that I did not read the article very well, see below a link to the latest news from BBC regarding this and titled 'Nigeria ruling party wants Muslim leader for 2011 poll '

Excerpt : Nigeria's ruling party wants a Muslim from the north as its candidate in next year's presidential election, ruling out acting President Goodluck Jonathan.

Link : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/8548347.stm
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by marvix(m): 9:44pm On Mar 03, 2010
We can move 4ward witout a war and pls let's discontinue the use of threat of war, also votin anoda party doesn't mean u won't stil b givin it to d cabal because dis cabal arenot just in 1 political party let's direct our energies to supportin dis govt for me it is either Jonathan 4 president or Yaradua 4 president if d north must complete their 8yr tenure.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 9:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
marvix:

We can move 4ward witout a war and pls let's discontinue the use of threat of war, also votin anoda party doesn't mean u won't stil b givin it to d cabal because dis cabal arenot just in 1 political party let's direct our energies to supportin dis govt for me it is either Jonathan 4 president or Yaradua 4 president if d north must complete their 8yr tenure.

I dont have a problem with the north ruling, not the ibos or any other tribe for that matter.
I am more interested in making sure that the best candidate wins
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Onlytruth(m): 9:53pm On Mar 03, 2010
marvix:

Nobody is threatening war, and people should please stop thinking in the line of Nigeria/Biafra war. undecided undecided
For the past 5 years now, we've had a low level insurgency in the niger delta, and current events are NOT encouraging at all. People also keep talking about voting PDP out -didn't you'all hear Ogbulafor boast that PDP will rule for 60 years? All it takes for war to start is a coup led by northerners to preserve their advantage, and a niger delta saying no -other Nigerians will fall behind whichever camp they support and the rest will be history.
Civil war is never planned. So war is VERY POSSIBLE in Nigeria going forward.

Meanwhile enjoy the cartoon.

Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by monkeyleg: 10:14pm On Mar 03, 2010
Onlytruth, you talk well. I often diswade people from thinking in the direction of war, but like you said it is never planned. Nigeria is in a very fragile state, and those who are holding the country to ransom must realise that. I can not understand for the life of me why a party that has failed woefully would boast about holding unto power for 60yrs? That Ogbolafor is a complete idiot
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by marvix(m): 10:27pm On Mar 03, 2010
Monkeyleg d only way pdp can be checked or placed in check is when d opposition gets it acts together, if all d major oposition parties could colapse their interest and ambitions PDP wil be checked. The truth be said pdp is a conglomerate of a lot of characters and dis shld b d halmark of a political party
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by monkeyleg: 10:34pm On Mar 03, 2010
Marvix, you have a point until we have some sort of credible opposition to challange pdp. However, let us not forget thatg most of the parties we have do not represent anything no common values, in most cases all they have in common is bad goverment and the ability to steal huge sums of money. What does PDP actually represent as a party? what are thier ideals?
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by metalgong5(m): 10:54pm On Mar 03, 2010
Look at them - quinessential hypocrites. When Obasanjo was enjoying his cool eight years of dictatorship, non of you raised your voices.
Anyway, Ogbulafor was right, the north has to complete their eight years of presidency .
On a second thought, after considering the roles played by Yorubas and some Niger Deltans during the Biafra war, I would even prefer the North to rule forever.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 11:23pm On Mar 03, 2010
And so the negotiation continues and likewise the (Geledes) masquerades dance! The grandmasters in yarduas saga will eventually reach a compromise and make Goodluck president but not b4 they've all secured their individual interests. Naija is a country under siege by its own people destroying people (PDP).
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Crownvilla(m): 11:31pm On Mar 03, 2010
@ Frosbel

You have said it all! This is a private PDP arrangement and is not constitutionally binding on Nigeria.

As an aside, I really don't care about the tribe, gender, religion, political party or stature of the President as long as s/he revives the economy, provides stable power and water supply, figths corruption without fear or favour, revamps our infrastructure (including hospitals, roads, schools etc) and allows peace and justice to reign. That is what really matters!!!!!
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by marvix(m): 11:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
Timehin ders nothin wrong if som pple nid 2 negotiate to protect their interests its one of d aspects of democracy or y wld they be negotiating, afta grantin Jonathan substantive president and C-in-C then d ball is in his court if he wishes to relinquish d power to d north or retain it and by dat time there would be nid for futher negotiation and horse trading and who says Jonathan can't be our Mandela who wld rule one term 2011-2015 and conduct free fair and credible elections which d oposition @ dat time mayb able to win. It could all be in my dreams but I gues I hav my rites to my dreams
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 11:43pm On Mar 03, 2010
What a shame, some peeps here are just ignorant and short-sighted. if really you are a true patriotic nigerian you will will not boda on what the so called PDP chairman said, if I may asked is PDP the only party producing presidential candidate? Then why are worried? Cast ur vote and guard it to make sure that ur vote goes to the right person u vote 4. As far as I am concern PDP has fail us so is high time we change to another party with the right person for the job. And for my brothers that thinks that north is their problem for lack of development i am sorry to say that is not so, the problem of south is there leaders for lack of accountability and mismanagement of public found. The federal government allocation of one of the oil producing state is more than that of the north east put together. So why blaming the north?
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by marvix(m): 11:56pm On Mar 03, 2010
Quote from nurexg
Cast your vote and guard it to make sure that your vote goes to the right person u vote 4. As far as I am concern PDP has fail us so is high time we change to another party with the right person for the job.

How do we know d right candidate and do u think pdp can't give us a right candidate. Don't 4get dat Donald Duke is a product of d PDP, Babaginda Aliyu is also another product, Godswil Akpabio, and some performin govs are pdp govs, so wen elections come we shld be more interested in d candidates nd leave d parties out of it.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by mekusxxx: 11:59pm On Mar 03, 2010
Rotational presidency (RP) is practiced in several developed economies, the most apparent being Switzerland. Lebanon, a much more developed and organized society, also practices RT between christians and muslims.
In the absence of rotational presidency, no southerner can ever rule Nigeria because we are fragmented into SW, SE and SS in a very palpable manner, and the north, which has been able to hold out as one region (instead of looking at themselves as NE, NC, and NW) knows how to play the game of dividing the south. On that basis RP is the only way a southerner can have the opportunity to rule. Obasanjo was able to rule because the North (masters of the political chess game in Nigeria) allowed it via RP. If in doubt, let PDP remove RP and lets see how any southerner can ever be able to rule. Within the practice of RP, you can pick the best candidates that each region can offer and who are acceptable to all Nigerians, and subject them to an intense primary election process. This is a very simple matter that I have canvasses here several times. We seem to have this stalemate now because PDP has yet to constitutionalize RP. When that is done, scenarios such as we have now with Yaradua and Jonathan will not emanate.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

David Mark’s Neo-Zikist intentions / The Best And Worst Places To Be Born In The World In 2013. / The Biafran Storm Is Circling!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.