Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,913 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D (4030 Views)

N180M Fraud: Court Frees Ogbulafor / List Of Nigeria's Current State Governors In 2011-2015 Term / How Abacha, Abusalami, Obasanjo, Dan Etete, Atiku, Pdp, Audu Ogbe, Vin Ogbulafor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 12:29pm On Mar 03, 2010
National Chairman of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Chief Vincent Ogbulafor yesterday foreclosed the presidency moving to the South next year. Ogbulafor gave the hint, while speaking with journalists after a meeting between the party’s National Working Committee (NWC) and PDP governors in Abuja.

“We discussed zoning formula with the governors. The South had presidency for eight years. It is fair and just that the North also keep it for eight years,” Ogbulafor said. The PDP chairman’s statement implied that in the event that ailing President Umaru Musa Yar’Adua cannot return to office, Dr. Goodluck Jonathan who is acting president would not be able to aspire to rule the nation on the party’s ticket in next year’s general elections.

To read the entire article go to http://www.sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2010/mar/03/national-03-03-2010-004.htm
AND

http://uk.reuters.com/article/idUKLDE6220OY20100303
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 12:37pm On Mar 03, 2010
My thinking on this is simple. Whatever arrangements have been made between various factions within the PDP is their own business. We DO NOT CARE and it is not constitutionally binding.

All other parties are free to put forward a presidential candidate irrespective of religion and place of origin. That way we can be sure to get the best person for the Job based on merit and not tribe.

This garbage of tribal politics should be binned into the trash can of history.

We need people who have an urgent desire do make a difference in the everyday lives of the Nigerian people.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by citizenY(m): 12:42pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^^^^^^^
Why are other parties also adopting this principle. It is really annoying.
It gives the impression that PDP sets the standards and others follow.
Any wonder why we are where we are? Useless parties.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by otuism: 1:02pm On Mar 03, 2010
its very anoying that few persons plays the drum for the rest to dance,why must pdp believe that it will win the next general election?even when the party is full of mediocrities,tout,criminals we still allow them
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by SkySpirit(m): 1:44pm On Mar 03, 2010
So, they ve started playin God again!?
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by chosen04(f): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2010
Sky Spirit:

So, they ve started playin God again!?

In places that lacks strong institution, Strong individuals automatically becomes God.

PDP is not playing God, they are actually God cos of lack of strong electoral structure.

I have doubts if Nigeria can ever be saved!
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by ohisng(m): 1:53pm On Mar 03, 2010
Ogbulafor is a goat oh ! Ewu Hausa. Who gives a HOOT what decisions PDP makes? Are they to decide for 120million Nigerians?
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by ojimboIV: 2:13pm On Mar 03, 2010
^^^^
i cant agree any less.

ogbulafor and the pdp should just shut their stinking beaks. 11yrs under their watch and totally nothing to shout about.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by vigasimple(m): 2:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
I have said it number without times. PDP has bought everybody 'boughtable' in Nigeria and they can do as they pleases.

Where are the opposition, AC, ANPP. APGA , LABOUR PARTY. What is the difference between all the parties. NADA.

However, there is a way out of this mess, and that is to VOTE OUT PDP EVERYWHERE AND VOTE ANY OTHER PARTY OF YOUR CHOICE AT THE NEXT ELECTION TO SEND MESSAGE TO POLITCIANS THAT POWERS BELONG TO THE PEOPLE. ANYTHING SHORT OF THAT IS POLITICAL SUICIDE. PDP WILL NEVER DO ANYTHING FOR NIGERIA EVEN IF THEY RULE FOR 100 YEARS AFTER 12 YEARS OF DISMAL RECORD.[/b]By the way, the NORTH SOUTH arrangement by the PDP was the North dishonest arrangements for their incapability and lack. 'They' allow OBJ to be President because of this arrangement since they think they own Nigeria. let them go with their Malu and gworo and do whatever they like with their almjariis.

PDP arrangements is for them and Not for us. [b]we don't want a DO NOTHING PARTY ANYMORE.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Livvvvy(f): 3:09pm On Mar 03, 2010
Ogbu lafor or whatever he is called and PDP are big Goat.

I don't blame them, they have got no shame, they don't have eyes and ears to see and hear that Nigerians detest them.

Who gives a damn if they decides to give the presidency to all the goats, chickens, rams, cows, camels to the North.

They still have mouth to talk after all their failures. Foolish party.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 3:19pm On Mar 03, 2010
Nigeria is a multi-party system, so that noise is within the PDP alone.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by DisGuy: 3:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
Is there any reaction from the opposition party?

frosbel:

My thinking on this is simple. Whatever arrangements have been made between various factions within the PDP is their own business. We DO NOT CARE and it is not constitutionally binding.

All other parties are free to put forward a presidential candidate irrespective of religion and place of origin. That way we can be sure to get the best person for the Job based on merit and not tribe.
This garbage of tribal politics should be binned into the trash can of history.

We need people who have an urgent desire do make a difference in the everyday lives of the Nigerian people.

Ah no wonder the AC put forward Atiku- a muslim northerner who only joined the party a month to the election  cheesy
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 3:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
Dis Guy:

Is there any reaction from the opposition party?

Ah no wonder the AC put forward Atiku- a muslim northerner who only joined the party a month to the election  cheesy

Cos most parties just wanna win, they dont care about who can do the job
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 3:28pm On Mar 03, 2010
I think it is just important for Jonathan to act and act well, get some result within the remaining months on their term, and people will judge him based on that
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by mekusxxx: 3:29pm On Mar 03, 2010
I believe strongly in rotational presidency on which basis the Yoruba ruled for 8 years. It is fair that the NW have it till 2015. This systemn must not be trucated for Jonathan. Jonathan should rule till 2011 if Yaradua ca non longer come back to office; however he has to step down in 2011 for the North to complete their term. In 2015 it must be either a South East or a South South presidency. PDP has tried to stabilize the polity, barring their inability to constitutionalize the rotational presidency. So we must put this system into our constitution NOW to make it solid and more binding.

Any other party can do what they like but I am certain that no southerner, rigging or no rigging, can win the 2011 elections.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 3:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

I believe strongly in rotational presidency on which basis the Yoruba ruled for 8 years. It is fair that the NW have it till 2015. This systemn must not be trucated for Jonathan. Jonathan should rule till 2011 if Yaradua ca non longer come back to office; however he has to step down in 2011 for the North to complete their term. In 2015 it must be either a South East or a South South presidency. PDP has tried to stabilize the polity, barring their inability to constitutionalize the rotational presidency. So we must put this system into our constitution NOW to make it solid and more binding.

Any other party can do what they like but I am certain that no southerner, rigging or no rigging, can win the 2011 elections.

Please tell me the advantage of this nonsense.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 3:46pm On Mar 03, 2010
Becomrich1:

femmy, i dont think you know mekusxxx has brain problem. we are praying for him, 

You mean oh . . . . I am sure, he is a man with his own views, and we only need to listen to him and disagree to agree
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by SkyBlue1: 3:50pm On Mar 03, 2010
mekusxxx:

If we are to have a sytem of governance which is run on basis of ethnicity as opposed to actual democracy and based on competence of the candidates, why don't we do it properly? We are all Nigerians right? We are all meant to be equal under the law, right? There are apparently about 250 different ethnic groups in Nigeria. So if we are to do this thing properly, why don't we say every single ethnic group gets two terms? Meaning if someone from your village or ethnic group has already smelt the position then forget about it for at least a millenium. Anything less than this simply exposes the stupidity and hypocrisy of the system and another agenda. I also propose we take children of inter ethnic births into consideration. They should also have their turn at the rotational cylce too. Two terms for children of Okrika and Tiv intermarriages, Yoruba and Urhobo, Igbo and Itsekiri, Kalabari and Hausa, etc. Let us do this properly, if not sing another tune.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 3:52pm On Mar 03, 2010
Sky Blue:

If we are to have a sytem of governance which is run on basis of ethnicity as opposed to actual democracy and based on competence of the candidates, why don't we do it properly? We are all Nigerians right? We are all meant to be equal under the law, right? There are apparently about 250 different ethnic groups in Nigeria. So if we are to do this thing properly, why don't we say every single ethnic group gets two terms? Meaning if someone from your village or ethnic group has already smelt the position then forget about it for at least a millenium. Anything less than this simply exposes the stupidity and hypocrisy of the system and another agenda. I also propose we take children of inter ethnic births into consideration. They should also have their turn at the rotational cylce too. Two terms for children of Okrika and Tiv intermarriages, Yoruba and Urhobo, Igbo and Itsekiri, Kalabari and Hausa, etc. Let us do this properly, if not not at all.

Well said, and if that is the case, why wasting money to have a national election too . . . . the little ethnic group could just have small election and "install" over everyone else.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Beaf: 3:53pm On Mar 03, 2010
Better to split PDP or vote them out.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by SkyBlue1: 4:12pm On Mar 03, 2010
Becomrich1:

sky blue, if someone has inter ethnics marriages, an have children so what. and you think because of that we would not break up nigeria, you must be dreaming . not up to 1% of nigeria are from inter ethnics marriages.

If an igbos come to lagos or grow up in lagos. he use all the lagos girl finish. he goes back to his villages 99.5% of the  time to look for wife.

look if someone love you, and nigeria  break up. if he love you, he would not divorce because you are from another country. many nigeria are married to people from different countries.  chief alex akinyele, tai solarin etc. so what nonsense are you talking about.  there are even more nigeria abroad married to people from other culture than even in nigeria.

Abeg please just ignore my post because I don't want to go into futile arguements, and the fact that you could not seem to comprehend my post (who talked about split?) tells me this would be one. Have you forgotten the reason why I don't join issues with you? You have forgotten the truce we made when you were still on one of your many incarnations as Nigeria1? You forgot we agreed to discuss with other people? Please abeg, arguing with you can be like arguing with a brick wall (personal opinion). I have painted the door with blood so abeg spirit of Nigeria1/Becomerich pass me by. smiley
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 4:15pm On Mar 03, 2010
Sky Blue:

If we are to have a sytem of governance which is run on basis of ethnicity as opposed to actual democracy and based on competence of the candidates, why don't we do it properly? We are all Nigerians right? We are all meant to be equal under the law, right? There are apparently about 250 different ethnic groups in Nigeria. So if we are to do this thing properly, why don't we say every single ethnic group gets two terms? Meaning if someone from your village or ethnic group has already smelt the position then forget about it for at least a millenium. Anything less than this simply exposes the stupidity and hypocrisy of the system and another agenda. I also propose we take children of inter ethnic births into consideration. They should also have their turn at the rotational cylce too. Two terms for children of Okrika and Tiv intermarriages, Yoruba and Urhobo, Igbo and Itsekiri, Kalabari and Hausa, etc. Let us do this properly, if not sing another tune.

Exactly my point.

The whole idea of rotational regional presidency not only mocks the requirements for competency in a candidate but also pretends as if there were no other ethnic groups in Nigeria but Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo.

What we have in Nigeria is ' a Government not of the people, not by the people and not for the people '. As simple as that.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Beaf: 4:20pm On Mar 03, 2010
Sky Blue:

. . .
I have painted the door with blood so abeg spirit of Nigeria1/Becomerich pass me by. smiley

. . .Dead. grin

@topic
Merit and mutual respect are the bedrock of all progressive nations. Nigeria lacks either.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by vangogh: 4:21pm On Mar 03, 2010
Fhemmmy:

Well said, and if that is the case, why wasting money to have a national election too . . . .  the little ethnic group could just have small election and "install" over everyone else.

True, why not just conduct an Urhobo election when rotation comes to Urhobo people; saves money and a lot of headache.
Rotational president is fraud.  Whatever happens to "may the best man win the job."
Only in Nigeria you'll have such a stupid arrangement.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 4:22pm On Mar 03, 2010
frosbel:

Exactly my point.

The whole idea of rotational regional presidency not only mocks the requirements for competency in a candidate but also pretends as if there were no other ethnic groups in Nigeria but Hausa, Yoruba and Igbo.

What we have in Nigeria is ' a Government not of the people, not by the people and not for the people '. As simple as that.

Rightly said.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2010
vangogh:

True, why not just conduct an Urhobo election when rotation comes to Urhobo people; saves money and a lot of headache.
Rotational president is fraud.  Whatever happens to "may the best man win the job."
Only in Nigeria you'll have such a silly arrangement.

Only in Nigeria and can only be done by some group of people that thought Nigeria is theirs.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 4:23pm On Mar 03, 2010
@topic
Merit and mutual respect are the bedrock of all progressive nations. Nigeria lacks either.
[quote][/quote]

@Beaf, Cannot agree with you more.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 4:24pm On Mar 03, 2010
frosbel:

@topic

@Beaf, Cannot agree with you more.

Ouuuccccchhhhhhhhhh
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by safariman(m): 4:26pm On Mar 03, 2010
Vincent Ogbulafor and PDP are crazy and foolish not to mention that it is unconstitutional and anyone who believes that we should be rotating presidencies should all have their head examined.  What is the point of voting and what makes one tribe better than the other in providing good governance? And where does it stop? Should state governors be rotated along their internal micro ethnic tribes?
All these in the name of "chop make I chop"
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Nobody: 4:27pm On Mar 03, 2010
And it gets worse, AP have published an update that HE MUST BE A MUSLIM FROM THE NORTH which immediately rules out Northern Christians.

Now I have no qualms if a Christian or Muslim rules Nigeria , but tell me why bring religion into it ?

So we now have a regional and religious issue.

Jonathan should change parties and campaign on a different platform and YES anybody and everybody who has good reputation within and without and who has passed an integrity test can run for this office come 2011.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hW8uWhgiqtcuunO2WIHnk8o2iw6gD9E76J4G1

LAGOS, Nigeria — Nigeria's ruling political party says its next candidate for president must be from the Muslim north.

The head of the People's Democratic Party announced late Tuesday that the party will block the nation's acting president, a Christian from the south, from seeking the office. Goodluck Jonathan took over the presidency after the National Assembly voted him into office during the three-month absence of President Umaru Yar'Adua.

Yar'Adua, from the Muslim north, has yet to be seen in the nation since his return last week. He was hospitalized at a Saudi Arabian hospital as he recuperated from what his physician described as acute pericarditis, an inflammation of the sac surrounding the heart.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by Fhemmmy: 4:33pm On Mar 03, 2010
I guess the madness is just getting started.
Re: No Southern president in 2011 –Ogbulafor D by vigasimple(m): 4:44pm On Mar 03, 2010
Let me tell you the history of rotational Presidency.

IT WAS A SCAM by HAUSA/FULANI WHO THINK THEY WERE BORN TO RULE NIGERIA.  After the june 12 MKO Abiola's election when he won the election convincinly even beating TOFA in his home state of KANO, when all the world agrees that it was the most free and fair election conducted in Nigeria, the Northeren cabal gang up and pressued maradona IBB to annul the election because their ' family business' is about to go to the kaferi's , the southerners.

The ventually murdered MKO Abiola just to ensure that no southernern became President because as t the time, he has money and influence all over the world that he could definitely take over the power.  Then Abach came in disguise, when he stop obeying the Northern cabal, they got rid of him and in the process kill Abiola.

They then try to pacify the Yoruba's by given them Shonekan, a nonetity like they did in the 60's with Majekodunmi ib the western region Premiership.

As soon as OPC and Afenifere decided that if a Yoruba man cannot be in office, the country is finished, the North like Turai Yar a'dua is doing today, restrategise, and decided, okay let the power ges to a Yoruba man on the condition that in 8 years it will come back to the North(as if this is their personal belonging)

If, you will recall and noticed that they deliberately allowed 2 Yoruba men to contest against each other in form of OBJ and Falae. They pitch their tent with OBJ because he is tried and tested before in 1976-1979 when he became the Military Head  of state by accident due to Murtala Mohammed's assasination and handover to Sheu Shagari another inept and incompetent President much like Yar A'do nothing carbon copy without the health issue.

Majority of our leaders in the south are compromised and cannot speak out that this federation arrangement with Hausa/Fulani wanting Presidency with their incompetence is dragging south backward seriously.

I say this boldly, the day Yoruba and South South decide that the have enough with Nigeria, then that will be the end of Nigeria because the South East will not join any useless entity called Nigeria.

What about Ogbulafor, he is a mad man just speaking what the 'wisemen' have spoken.  This is 1983 and 1993 repeat all over again, who say that history does not repeat itself? It does

Please avoid the 419masterclub called PDP, their previous name was NPN

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Jonathan Is Preparing Al-mustapha To Succeed Him In 2019 - Buhari / Sahara Reporters Journalist In Trouble For Misconduct! / 2015 General & NASS Elections: Congratulations To The Yoruba Ethnic Group!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.