Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,740 members, 7,817,040 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:21 AM

5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs (38947 Views)

Door Attendant At An Eatery Dances At Door While Doing His Job / 5 Reason Why Freelancing Is Better Than A Full-time Job - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / 8 ICT Skills In Nigeria And Their Learning Tools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by Prec1ous(m): 5:34pm On Sep 22, 2017
This is BIAFRANBUSHBOY grin grin grin

great post still and it is the truth.

ICT is bae.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by joenor(m): 5:36pm On Sep 22, 2017
Lovely one there.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by Rukygbas2: 5:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
This will help you.. How To Configure NPower Device... A Must Read... https://naijacycle.com/configure-npower-device-internet-browsing-reinstall-npower-apps-video/
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by Icon79(m): 5:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl

I don't know how many times Nigerians have to be told that before using an abbreviation (ICT) in a sentence, you gotta spell it out the first time. Not everybody understands what your abbreviation stands for!!!

Got it

Educated illiterates angry sad shocked

O pari

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by Jsucre(m): 5:42pm On Sep 22, 2017
seriously I need ICT knowledge. pls any nairalander in abuja to help me out.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by simiolu1(m): 5:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl:

Graphics Design is great. Please add Front end development to your learning. It goes hand in Hand.

lalasticlala

Rather than advice full scale front end, I would advice UI/UX design. If he or she then feels the need to learn to code, front end can come much later

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by tessygirl(f): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
omowolewa:

Nice, tried learning VBA excel but seems not relevant, what do you think?

please, tell me more about graphics.and the front end you mention (assuming minimum knowledge)

Follow your passion, you might not be good with codes.

For armatures, I always recommend starting with Digital Marketing, which is one everyone can relate to.

3 Likes

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by simiolu1(m): 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sammiejokes:
I have been asking around on where to learn extensively an Oracle or database administrator software in Lagos. I don't mind digital marketing or Network Engineering i just need to have more knowledge of this skills before deciding.

Before going anywhere to learn about databases, try a Google search for Microsoft Virtual Academy or MTA database fundamentals. You would definitely get one or two introductory courses to databases by Microsoft for free.

Oracle is a proprietary software. So you need to learn about DBMS before learning the specific engines like MySQL, PostgresSQL, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL or even NoSQL

If you can, download this book: Database Design, Implementation and Management. It is like the Bible of database professionals

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by tessygirl(f): 5:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
mykh01:
Op can you please help me out, am a fresh graduate awaiting call up letter, av been idle for a while now and am really interested in this ICT of a thing.

Where is your location?

It will also help you to decide your course of choice
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by tessygirl(f): 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
tunesky2303:
As a graduate of English, which of the ICT programs you think it would fit in...

It totally depends on your passions.

If you are the type that loves social media, Digital marketing is a good choice.

2 Likes

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by tessygirl(f): 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
arowtop:
Op, am a guy that have interest in ICT, can you advise me on any course or how to start?

Your location should influence that.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by leo1234(m): 5:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
iihtlagos:

Graphics design is superb. But our curriculum has it embedded in web design and digital marketing.

What is your location?

Do you have a branch in Onitsha?
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by tessygirl(f): 5:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
simiolu1:

Rather than advice full scale front end, I would advice UI/UX design. If he or she then feels the need to learn to code, front end can come much later

Maybe you are right tho. Lol.

But it actually boils down to choice.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by tessygirl(f): 6:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
Icon79:
tessygirl

I don't know how many times Nigerians have to be told that before using an abbreviation (ICT) in a sentence, you gotta spell it out the first time. Not everybody understands what your abbreviation stands for!!!

Got it

Educated illiterates angry sad shocked

O pari

I won't ignore you.

Your opinion has been taken into consideration.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by attention007(m): 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl:

Graphics Design is great. Please add Front end development to your learning. It goes hand in Hand.

lalasticlala

Yeah well said
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by attention007(m): 6:01pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl:

lalasticlala

Well said
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by attention007(m): 6:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
dmediator555:
am a graphics designer, what do u mean by front end? are you referring to web design?

Not only web design

System application

web application
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by attention007(m): 6:05pm On Sep 22, 2017
yinkeys:
Lol @quinnboy get ready for HTML,Css, Php and co.
Don't scare the dude
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by mykh01(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl:

Where is your location?
I stay in lagos, egbeda to be precise
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by generalbush(m): 6:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
Prec1ous:
This is BIAFRANBUSHBOY grin grin grin

great post still and it is the truth.

ICT is bae.

It isn't Biafranbushboy. He doesn't his behind female nicks to post. His moniker alone gives traffic.

She is what news agencies call contributor or guest poster.

Thanks.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by mykh01(m): 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl:

Where is your location?
I stay in lagos, egbeda to be precise
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by valenti12(m): 6:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl:

Where is your location?

@bolded...am in onitsha, Anambra state. I can also relocate to lagos.
Where can i learn web design and development?

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by sirwealth(m): 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
I studied marketing, please i need ur advise on the best program to learn.... I will like to be a freelancer
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by gungab(m): 6:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
iihtlagos:

Graphics design is superb. But our curriculum has it embedded in web design and digital marketing.

What is your location?

Am interested in Graphics design
Do you have training center in Lagos or Ogun state
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by attention007(m): 6:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
This is the best thread I have read relating to ICT

Thanks to the op

I really enjoyed reading it though am in the ICT field but some of your words will stick with me for guidance purposes.

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by scovic11: 6:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
I want to learn digital marketing, please recommend a good ICT training centre in Oyo state...

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by BamBella(m): 6:20pm On Sep 22, 2017
iihtlagos:
Wow!! wow!! Wow!!

Permit me to sound like an ambulance. Genius you are!!

The fact is that most of us prefer to find the specs of the latest phone in town. What about the latest skill that fetches money?

They wouldn't ask about that.

A course like Digital Marketing is looking for people to take up juicy positions in several firms, make money as affiliates, Increase their online earnings, but they choose to neglect it.

We are offering a digital Marketing Training for a small fee as part of our Independence giveaway. Please look below the signature to get details.

Hello.
I'm a graduate of production engineering and currently doing my one year mandatory national youth service. I intend studying computer networking in your organization, do you currently have a branch in port Harcourt? If yes, please kindly post your address. Thank you.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by omowolewa: 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl:

Follow your passion, you might not be good with codes.

For armatures, I always recommend starting with Digital Marketing, which is one everyone can relate to.

Thank you
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by vivalavida(m): 6:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
simiolu1:

Before going anywhere to learn about databases, try a Google search for Microsoft Virtual Academy or MTA database fundamentals. You would definitely get one or two introductory courses to database. by Microsoft for free.

Oracle is a proprietary software. So you need.to learn about DBMS before learning the spicifc engines like MySQL, PostGres, MongoDB, Oracle, SQL or even NoSQL

If you can, download this book: Database Design, Implementation and Management. It is like the Bible of database professionals

Is oracle database well used in Nigeria?
I studied oracle database but so far so good I haven't seen much to do with it. If u see jobs, it will be faculty jobs from the likes of Aptech for their oracle faculty
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by Lojekunle: 6:29pm On Sep 22, 2017
Interested in the graphics aspects... How can I learn this

1 Like

Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by yinkeys(m): 6:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
attention007:

Don't scare the dude

Lol. For personal reasons I stopped @ web design/Wordpress. Anything involving HTML in my business, I'd simply outsource the job.
For me I just feel I'm too old to learn web development, when kids of 15 are on it.
Re: 5 Reason You Should Learn ICT Skills While Doing Other Jobs by BamBella(m): 6:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
tessygirl:

Your location should influence that.

Good evening.

I'm a graduate of production engineering and currently doing my one year mandatory national youth service in Port Harcourt, Rivers state. I intend learning computer networking(CCNA, CCNP and all). Do you have any recommendations for me regarding where I can learn the skill?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Can You Describe Your Job? / Tony Elumelu: The Sales Boy Turned Billionaire / Deep Down Inside Me, I Feel Guilt And Hated Myself For What I Have Been Doing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.