Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,976 members, 7,810,707 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:43 PM

Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. (8300 Views)

Trapped By Passion (18+) / Victims Of Passion / There Is No Religion Greater Than Humanity (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by made2fit(f): 8:54am On Sep 23, 2017
Kazrem:
By Kazeem Abolore

“The level of your talent isn’t nearly as important as the intensity of your passion.” – Keith Harrell

I woke up in the early hours of the morning two Thursdays ago to a piece of news that not only gladdened my heart till this moment but also made me proud of myself. What was the good news?

If this article inspires you to take action, it had achieved its purpose, for it is not meant to pitch a sale but to give hope to those in despair and a reason to believe to the hopeless.

I woke on that particular Thursday to the glittering news that my first and recently published book, Write To Stardom (How To Write Irresistible Articles That Keep Readers Glued To You From A-Z), made the Bestseller list on Amazon in 2 days after publishing it. Yes! It ranked #3 in Education and Reference section and #10 in Writing Skills section. It, in a matter of hours later, topped Education and Reference section (#1) and rose to #7 in Writing Skills section. It was super amazing and I was super fantastic.

If there was one act that I could attribute this incredible feat to, it would be passion – the obsession to learn, the love to teach and strong desire to write. I do not think I am a talented speaker but I am cocksure that I am passionate about teaching via speaking.

I am not certain I am blessed with choosing words at the right situation but I am sure I am passionate about learning. If you doubt me, tell me you want to teach me a skill or a how to.

I am not sure I have more than the average skill of a writer but so much love putting down my thoughts that has ultimately improved my writing skills and has projected me as a “talented” writer before my audience.

Passion has got me what talent couldn’t.

“The level of your talent isn’t nearly as important as the intensity of your passion.” – Keith Harrell

I did say a long time ago, April precisely, that if there was one thing I would love to do all my life, it was to read, teach and write.

To you who have an enviable talent and had discovered it, this message is for you.

To you who think he does not have a talent or has not yet discovered it, this message is equally for you.

The message is simple but subtle. Here is the message: Talent is good, passion is better. A talent that is coupled with passion is best. Talent would take you far but passion would take you farther. When and where talent fails you, passion can make you. Love what you do and do what you love. Attach purpose – real life purpose – and mission to what you do and every day get beaten for not reaching the mission yet. Many are people who are not born with natural talent but are doing pretty well in their chosen field with a strong determination, daily learning and practice. And many are people who are born with unrefined but bountiful natural talent but amounted to nothing as a result not learning and practicing. More than talent, passion is what you need.

“Success comes to those who dedicate everything to their passion in life. To be successful, it is also very important to be humble and never let fame or money travel to your head.” – A.R Rahman

Abolore Kazeem is an
Amazon #1 Bestselling Author.
Innovative Teacher, Creative Writer, Personal Effectiveness Strategist and the Creator, 30 Days Writing Challenge.

http://www.opinions.ng/passion-greater-talent/

lalasticlala
mynd4
This information provided by the op is false. The book did not make ANY best seller list on Amazon. I just checked the book on Amazon and it does not have an Amazon Best Sellers Rank under the product details. This means nobody has bought or even opened it to read one page!
Please, let us stop deceiving gullible people.

2 Likes

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by eodavids(m): 8:58am On Sep 23, 2017
Kazrem:
By Kazeem Abolore

I woke up in the early hours of the morning two Thursdays ago to a piece of news that not only gladdened my heart till this moment but also made me proud of myself. What was the good news?

If this article inspires you to take action, it had achieved its purpose, for it is not meant to pitch a sale but to give hope to those in despair and a reason to believe to the hopeless.

I woke on that particular Thursday to the glittering news that my first and recently published book, Write To Stardom (How To Write Irresistible Articles That Keep Readers Glued To You From A-Z), made the Bestseller list on Amazon in 2 days after publishing it. Yes! It ranked #3 in Education and Reference section and #10 in Writing Skills section. It, in a matter of hours later, topped Education and Reference section (#1) and rose to #7 in Writing Skills section. It was super amazing and I was super fantastic.

If there was one act that I could attribute this incredible feat to, it would be passion – the obsession to learn, the love to teach and strong desire to write. I do not think I am a talented speaker but I am cocksure that I am passionate about teaching via speaking.

I am not certain I am blessed with choosing words at the right situation but I am sure I am passionate about learning. If you doubt me, tell me you want to teach me a skill or a how to.

I am not sure I have more than the average skill of a writer but so much love putting down my thoughts that has ultimately improved my writing skills and has projected me as a “talented” writer before my audience.

I did say a long time ago, April precisely, that if there was one thing I would love to do all my life, it was to read, teach and write.

To you who have an enviable talent and had discovered it, this message is for you.

To you who think he does not have a talent or has not yet discovered it, this message is equally for you.

The message is simple but subtle. Here is the message: Talent is good, passion is better. A talent that is coupled with passion is best. Talent would take you far but passion would take you farther. When and where talent fails you, passion can make you. Love what you do and do what you love. Attach purpose – real life purpose – and mission to what you do and every day get beaten for not reaching the mission yet. Many are people who are not born with natural talent but are doing pretty well in their chosen field with a strong determination, daily learning and practice. And many are people who are born with unrefined but bountiful natural talent but amounted to nothing as a result not learning and practicing. More than talent, passion is what you need.

“Success comes to those who dedicate everything to their passion in life. To be successful, it is also very important to be humble and never let fame or money travel to your head.” – A.R Rahman

Abolore Kazeem is an
Innovative Teacher, Creative Writer, Personal Effectiveness Strategist and the Creator, 30 Days Writing Challenge.

lalasticlala
mynd4

Kazeem Abolore, Congrats!

I am really happy for you.
Pls, how can one get his written work to Amazon?
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by vroy(m): 10:08am On Sep 23, 2017
Herrera gains the heart of Man Utd fans through his passionate character while talented Pogba was tagged as waste of money
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Nobody: 10:46am On Sep 23, 2017
safarigirl:
Messi dies not work as hard as CR7, that is the point
Na u knw oo..

u sleep in messi's house to know whether he works hard or not?!
or u train with ronaldo?

people be talking rubbish online since 90s....
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Timbuktuo: 11:15am On Sep 23, 2017
safarigirl:
Messi dies not work as hard as CR7, that is the point

Lol. Ok
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by omenkishk(m): 11:19am On Sep 23, 2017
In my point of view passion and talent are not as important as self discipline. A self disciplined individual has such core values as character, integrity, hardwork, dedication, commitment,perseverance etc. which are all more important than both talent and passion. Passion - in simple terms, is a strong desire or affinity towards something- is a good starting point for any venture but if not followed by action and perseverance that desire merely becomes a wish.

1 Like

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by horlahsunbo225(m): 11:39am On Sep 23, 2017
Tayosteve:

lol..did he tell u not to pursue what you like?...
you don't get my point and I dont have appetite to explain
Sorry for the coincidence bro
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by samsam4real: 1:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Great inspiring write up. You nailed it Abolore Kazeem.
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
Kazrem:
By Kazeem Abolore

Abolore Kazeem is an

lalasticlala
mynd4

Hardcopy books ?

Abi online books ?
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Kazrem(m): 2:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
made2fit:

This information provided by the op is false. The book did not make ANY best seller list on Amazon. I just checked the book on Amazon and it does not have an Amazon Best Sellers Rank under the product details. This means nobody has bought or even opened it to read one page!
Please, let us stop deceiving gullible people.
It is pitiful that you didn't seek information before you spewed what is not. I will be cool tempered with you. For your information, people don't make bestseller for life. Not even a week. If you make it more than 24 hours, you are lucky. Bestseller on Amazon is rated and ranked after every one hour. Take that information to your diary. I didn't only make bestseller but also was #1 at a time. Now to show you I made the Bestseller list, I have added a screenshot of it to it. Not only that, I will also share the complimentary I got on the said that.

You have only made my visibility note real. Thank you for making fruitless effort in bringing down a name withholds by The Almighty.
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Kazrem(m): 2:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Kazrem(m): 2:37pm On Sep 23, 2017
There you have it. The screenshots. Made2fit do you see that?

Next time, please do make research before commenting.

1 Like

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Kazrem(m): 2:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
Naughtysite:

Hardcopy books ?

Abi online books ?
It is eBook.
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by TheAlchemist: 3:20pm On Sep 23, 2017
What is talent and what is passion?
i will choose talent, talent in a particular field, more often than not leads you as an individual to a have a greater passion in that endeavor!
The day Messi/Ronaldo discovered their natural ball juggling skill, they naturally became more passionate about football.
The day Cassius Clay/Manny Pacquio discovered their quick hand speed, they naturally became more passionate about boxing.
I believe talent leads to Passion.
If you have Passion but no talent, i leave that to the expert to advise on the way forward.
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by ajabani4allah(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
in my own summary of the op message, I will say that talent is the natural ability to do something while passion is the natural love one has for something, so, passion drives talent
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by Kazrem(m): 6:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
eodavids:

Kazeem Abolore, Congrats!

I am really happy for you.
Pls, how can one get his written work to Amazon?
Send me a pm or WhatsApp the number in my signature.
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by made2fit(f): 10:09pm On Sep 23, 2017
Kazrem:
There you have it. The screenshots. Made2fit do you see that?

Next time, please do make research before commenting.
Kazrem:

It is pitiful that you didn't seek information before you spewed what is not. I will be cool tempered with you. For your information, people don't make bestseller for life. Not even a week. If you make it more than 24 hours, you are lucky. Bestseller on Amazon is rated and ranked after every one hour. Take that information to your diary. I didn't only make bestseller but also was #1 at a time. Now to show you I made the Bestseller list, I have added a screenshot of it to it. Not only that, I will also share the complimentary I got on the said that.

You have only made my visibility note real. Thank you for making fruitless effort in bringing down a name withholds by The Almighty.
It's good that you have posted a screenshot so everyone can see clearly that your book did not become a bestseller. The screenshot clearly shows the Amazon bestseller rank as FREE IN KINDLE STORE. (the portion circled in red).

This only means one thing, you did a free book promotion, people downloaded for free (no kobo was paid to you) and the other screenshot showed the book under top 100 free in the category.

It"s either you genuinely don't know how amazon operates or someone lied to you.
I am not trying to put you down but I just don't like people presenting false information to deceive others.
That book has not sold 1 copy or even gotten 1 page read as of this morning so IT IS NOT A BESTSELLER. Bestseller rank is only given to books that sell for money and there will be an orange band beneath the book with bestseller clearly written and it will have a PAID Amazon Bestseller Rank.

Again, you can be a bestseller for months not just a few hours. I have been publishing on amazon since 2013 and have almost 100 books. A good number of them have attained bestseller status from time to time and some for several months.

Having properly informed you, I wish you good luck in your future endeavors.
Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by stevoskyj(m): 9:58am On Sep 24, 2017
Mharthings:
well, not in all cases. you'll agree with me that Ronaldo is good but Messi is a beast in front of ball. where Ronaldo uses passion Messi is Talented to the core.

PS: I'm a Ronaldo fan but let's say the truth when we see it.
Hmmm!! Wat about between Wizkid and Davido

Re: Why Passion Is Greater Than Talent. by stevoskyj(m): 10:18am On Sep 24, 2017
TheAlchemist:

If you have Passion but no talent, i leave that to the expert to advise on the way forward.
Remember the saying "hard work beats talent when talent fails to work hard" that means if you have a passion and work hard on it you can be as good or even better than a natural talent

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Beautiful Ones Are Not Yet Born / My First Semester Experience As A Unilag Undergraduate / CHIDI ADIMABUAH: The Power Of Knowledge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.