Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,351 members, 7,815,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account (2949 Views)

How To Handle Money Transferred To Wrong Account number Case (worth Sharing) / Julius Eze Returns ₦2.5 Million Mistakenly Transferred To His Account / I Mistakenly Transferred Money To A Frozen Bank Account (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by Nobody: 8:09pm On Sep 22, 2017
Good evening fam.

I mistakenly transferred money to one Adiole Okechukwu John with a first bank account from my GTB app.

I have tried to find his contact but couldn't get it. I was able to get his Facebook and Twitter account though, but no means of contact there, just pictures.

Its been over 2 hours now.

Who can help me out with this? What do I do to get this money back?

Thanks.

Lalasticlala.....pls help a bro
Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by Lovetinz(m): 8:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
Only your bank can correct your mistake.
Have you called customer care?
It's their job.
Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by Nobody: 9:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
Lovetinz:
Only your bank can correct your mistake.
Have you called customer care?
It's their job.

Thanks for ur response. My bank is GTB, and the Guy's bank is first bank. Can GTB correct that? As in, bring back my money from first bank to GTB?
Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by RebeccaIngram(f): 9:12pm On Sep 22, 2017
Its a lie no way u can do that mistake. bcs after inputing a bank acct 4 transaction it will pop up with the acct name. hw then do u make mistake.

abi u did it intentionally?
Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by Nobody: 9:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
RebeccaIngram:
Its a lie no way u can do that mistake. bcs after inputing a bank acct 4 transaction it will pop up with the acct name. hw then do u make mistake.

Can't blame you tho. You commented based on your intellect or what you know!
The app has names of those you've transferred money to before. I have transferred money to this person before but I can't remember the transaction.
The name was just below the real name I was suppose to transfer to. They look so alike and so I thought it was the person cos I've never transferred money to this person before.
It was after the transaction that I discovered that its the wrong person.

Meanwhile, how can you intentionally transfer money to the wrong person? Does it make sense to you Ma?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by MikeMicheal(m): 9:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
austinosita:
Good evening fam.

I mistakenly transferred money to one Adiole Okechukwu John with a first bank account from my GTB app.

I have tried to find his contact but couldn't get it. I was able to get his Facebook and Twitter account though, but no means of contact there, just pictures.

Thanks.

How much is the money?
Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by ggoldmine: 9:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
austinosita:
Good evening fam.

Thanks.

I've had similar experience. Had to contact my bank first, then the recipient's bank. Though, the recipient's bank didn't do much. I followed up on my bank for one month before the money was bounced back... calling them at least twice a week.
Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by Nobody: 4:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
RebeccaIngram:

I am beginning to think you're related to the guy.
Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2017
I finally got the guy's phone number. Called and pleaded with him, but he said he has used the money and doesn't have any other money, and so he cannot pay me back.

His name is Adiole Ikechukwu John

His number: 07037226848

Lalasticlala, help me push this to front page.

Re: Mistakenly Transferred Money To The Wrong Account by PrinceMario(m): 12:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
austinosita:

Can't blame you tho. You commented based on your intellect or what you know!
The app has names of those you've transferred money to before. I have transferred money to this person before but I can't remember the transaction.
The name was just below the real name I was suppose to transfer to. They look so alike and so I thought it was the person cos I've never transferred money to this person before.
It was after the transaction that I discovered that its the wrong person.

Meanwhile, how can you intentionally transfer money to the wrong person? Does it make sense to you Ma?
Call GTConnect, tell them you didn't authorize the transaction. They may forward the case to the eFraud unit though, may take a little while but your money will be back to you.
If you tell them you did it yourself but a mistaken transaction, hmmn, I'm scared your money is a gooner.
It's easy with Gtbank than any other Nigerian bank except you have a bank insider that can help you fetch the person's number to get in touch with him.

(1) (Reply)

Mini Bus & KEKE For Hire purchase / Who Are The People Buying Our Banks From Sanusi? / Where Can I Buy Stockfish, Crayfish And Dried Fish To Resell

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.