Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,515 members, 7,812,601 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:01 PM

Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam (51872 Views)

Dunamis Church Is Constructing New Road In Faggae, Kano (Photos) / Catholic Priest Fixing A Badly Damaged Road In Rivers State / Rev. David Okechukwu Cries Over Poor Road In Aba (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by buchilino(m): 5:00pm On Sep 23, 2017
madridguy:
So praying now is dragging you backward? We have told you people to leave Nigeria for us and go to your Biafra.

ISLAMABAD GUY, WHO DID DIS THING U.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Optionalx: 5:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
amobii:

But when Redeem Church caused stampede at Lagos Ibadan expressway, they are more civilised right?
It's wrong to block public road for prayer by whoever. Stop making excuses, people also condemned the incident you cited
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Nobody: 5:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
hopyroll:

Well bros get your fact straight.
Fistly, what happened at that mosque yesterday has never happened before and it was because yesterday was the first Friday of Islamic new year.
Just like how we xtians celebtaed our new year by going to church.
You don't portrait any sign of a good muslim
Imaging somebody complementing you and still abuse your religion .

I don't really care about what others say about me or my religion, I will always say the truth. There are people who will always insult Islam & Muslims no matter what you say or do. The best thing is to always do the right thing. in this case the prophet( S.A.W) has forbidden prayers on public roads.

And I don't understand that concept of good or bad Muslim
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by phkka1(m): 5:27pm On Sep 23, 2017
Operation python dance is for south east of Nigeria alone.
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by malware: 5:42pm On Sep 23, 2017
MrGist:
@GISTMORE

An Instagram user, Adenike expresed her disapproval after some Muslims blocked a road in VI, to observe Friday prayers, causing serious traffic jam in the area. Her post below:

"Come on guys. Come on!!! This is a Local Council Development Area, Iru-Victoria Island, that has a mosque. Come on guys... Really How do you BLOCK the road to PRAY? How I had to park, because there was just ONE alternate route, that was locked down.
And yes, when MY church starts to PRAY on the road, I will do same. For now, it's TRAFFIC caused by cars leaving or going into church. (Different from this). NOT impressed one bit... They want to regulate CSOs, we no gree, how dem no go regulate am; if churches and mosques be PRAYING on the roads?

More Gists >>> http://www.gistmore.com/photos-muslims-block-road-victoria-island-pray-causing-traffic-jam

More Gists >>> http://www.gistmore.com/photos-muslims-block-road-victoria-island-pray-causing-traffic-jam

This is a five minutes prayer but in Abuja, a whole road leading to a market was blocked on Sundays and even people on foot are not allowed to pass except if they are Christians.

I was denied passage the other day while I saw Christians who were not even going to the church allowed. I wanted to use the power I have at my disposal to cause chaos but I remembered it is not worth it. I had to take a longer road to reach my destination.

3 Likes

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by ELKHALIFAISIS(m): 5:44pm On Sep 23, 2017
Yoruba land is their newest caliphate... praise the lord
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by matrixme(m): 5:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
We need to learn how to live and let live in this country. I'm a Christian first of all. When Redeemed and Winners people block the Lagos-Ibadan expressway and Sango Ota axis respectively during December periods, no one bat's an eye.
But few minutes of your time on Friday afternoon (who knows where you are rushing to by then anyway) is too much of a sacrifice. As long as these sets of people are not wearing suicide bombs and killing in the name of Allah, I don't see anything wrong with sacrificing a little of your time to respect their prayer moment.
Even if you pray to Sango or Obatala or Hindu, you wouldn't want to be disturbed the moment you are doing your worship.
Let's learn to close eye to some things and be matured in our reasoning.

1 Like

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Habyz(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
iamgenius:
Terrorists are always happy to kill.
And you know that terrorists are always happy to kill because you are one.
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Dmeji4444(m): 5:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
If you take a good look at the Vehicle, you will realised that they were parked.
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Habyz(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
I'm a Muslim and I condemn what these people have done, the road shouldn't be blocked because you want to pray but at the same time a lot of Christians do this same thing and I have never seen a Muslim insulting them or their religion as much as the Christians on this thread have done, Deeper life camps and Redeem camps the list is endless.

2 Likes

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by crisycent: 6:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Technically, the north owns Lagos

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by JackKeys: 6:08pm On Sep 23, 2017
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by JackKeys: 6:09pm On Sep 23, 2017
Habyz:
I'm a Muslim and u condemn what these people have done, the road shouldn't be blocked because you want to pray but at the same time a lot of Christians do this same thing and I have never seen a Muslim insulting them or their religion as much as the Christianson this thread have done, Deeper life camps and Redeem camps the list is endless.
I heard your prophet raped a 12 year old girl called aisha

1 Like

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Nobody: 6:10pm On Sep 23, 2017
islam religion of piss. grin grin
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by JackKeys: 6:11pm On Sep 23, 2017
Children of bond women
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by JackKeys: 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2017

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Habyz(m): 6:17pm On Sep 23, 2017
JackKeys:

I heard your prophet raped a 12 year old girl called aisha
You heard! Can you listen to yourself. If he did rape anybody why don't you give me proof.
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by stmattj: 6:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
I think they are doing exercise because this their so call up and down exercise won't take them anywhere. let's forgive them
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by OmoManU: 6:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
Topelistic:
My bro i love u 4 saying dis.i 4 come dash u money if i no where u dey stay.

Lol
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by JackKeys: 6:31pm On Sep 23, 2017
Habyz:

You heard! Can you listen to yourself. If he did rape anybody why don't you give me proof.

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by JackKeys: 6:33pm On Sep 23, 2017

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Habyz(m): 6:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
JackKeys:
I thought you said twelve, anyways the prophet 'married' a lot of those women not to have sex with them but to cater for them when there husbands are no more, have you ever asked yourself how many children the prophet had? The case of Aisha that you talked about has been a subject for centuries for Christian apologists to try to justify the prophets 'pevertness' you can look it up on google.
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Ridwan66(m): 6:49pm On Sep 23, 2017
Nigerians are among fewest people in the world who make cases out of 'no case'.

When Remdeemers, block a federal road (Lagos-Ibadan expressway) during their programs, or Winners' Chapel, along Atan-Ota road do same, it's normal but when Muslims do the same, they will take it to social media to wail.

Anyways, we're in Nigeria. May God help us against sentiments.
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Mabelenena(f): 6:59pm On Sep 23, 2017
I do wonder whether muslims pray and block the road like this in other countries of the world.....mm
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by siraj1402(m): 7:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
So are you saying you have not seen where Christian activities has caused grid lock before? Recently, o went to Abuja and our motor was diverted due to a program holing on a church. Many a times we know what we do go through at RCCG and MFM all located on the high way in the center of excellency.
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Nobody: 7:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
olisaEze:

What's this one saying? Is it dedication that is the issue here? Abeg carry ur religiosity and fly!!
They're dedicated to what they believe if you're not comfortable you go hug transformer
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Nobody: 7:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
jasperism:
h

My brother, boko boys dey also pray 5 times but that doesn't stop them from killing innocent people
Don't armed robbers if not all pray before executing their mission?
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by Nobody: 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
erico2k2:

How does this long passage you wrote corresponds with them blocking a main road cos they have to pray ? ??
Must others suffer just cos one is dedicated to thier religion ?
Neither do I support their actions either. Am much interested in their dedication. The blame for their attitude goes to the government as being said by some persons
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by salam1(m): 7:27pm On Sep 23, 2017
zionmade1:

Hatred for who? or wat?
other countries are developing u guys are trying hard to see that nigeria remains a backward society where people have no sense of decency
is typing this poo u way of developing Nigeria. I wonder how some peoples think dey know it all. Anything Islam disgust dem a lot for ur information u r too tiny u got nothing to do so deal with it

1 Like

Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by erico2k2(m): 7:28pm On Sep 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Neither do I support their actions either. Am much interested in their dedication. The blame for their attitude goes to the government as being said by some persons
Great stuff . My blame o's not of thier religion in this case Islam rather the attitude of the people doing this . If they where xtian or Ogun worshippers I will say same thing .
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by erico2k2(m): 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
asuustrike2009:

They're dedicated to what they believe if you're not comfortable you go hug transformer
Ahahaha.nah your way at least transform better pass to blow people UP
Re: Muslims Block Road In Victoria Island To Pray, Causing Traffic Jam by salam1(m): 7:32pm On Sep 23, 2017
wtfcoded:
E no fit happen 4 southeast
but its okay for church program s to block the road in d north c the way u think

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Pastor Adeboye Speaks On Fire Outbreaks: 'God Said We Haven’t Seen Anything Yet' / Adeboye Frowns At Pastors Growing Beards / ATM Installed At Pastor Tunde Bakare's Church In Lagos (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.