Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,494 members, 7,816,171 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:00 AM

I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please (1037 Views)

Is My Girlfriend Trying To Defraud Me?.... Matured Minds Please Help! / Lol, matured minds please help with advise / What Could Be Wrong With This Girl?? Serious Minds Please. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by Rita30: 3:47pm On Sep 23, 2017
I have a job screening going on and it was discovered that the date of birth on my WAEC certificate is different from the date of birth on my affidavit of age.

I grew up to discover that there was no evidence or record or whatsoever of my birth. After my secondary school I decided on the advice of my family to get court declaration of age which unfortunately did not correspond with the age on my WAEC certificate which I got years after. I couldn't get another affidavit because I have gone far with the present one before I got my WAEC certificate, the difference is just with two years, and people said that my court affidavit has covered all.

Now going through thorough screening for a job the issue came up, they asked me

To go and get another court affidavit that correspond with the age on WAEC cerficate and go to bank and change my age. But I am not comfortable with this because all my records immediately after secondary school - my higher educations, my jobs so far are with the age on my affidavit.

My question is this

Is there a way I can get another WAEC certificate with the corrected age,

What is the implications of getting another court affidavit which will invalidate my present one
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by Samsimple(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
Best of luck bro ..thats all i can say
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by dingbang(m): 3:50pm On Sep 23, 2017
Court affidavit of age supercedes any other age... Those people clearlly don't have any idear
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by mofeoluwadassah: 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
why not post it in the right section....as for me i dont knw anything about it
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by njideoby(f): 3:51pm On Sep 23, 2017
You might decide to stop using the WAEC certificate and continue with the WAEC online print out. It's same result,but the print out does not bear date of birth.
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by njideoby(f): 3:52pm On Sep 23, 2017
dingbang:
Court affidavit of age supercedes any other age... Those people clearlly don't have any idear
This is not true.
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by IamLEGEND1: 3:53pm On Sep 23, 2017
No advice.
I'm just here to say: women & football age...

Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by Rita30: 3:54pm On Sep 23, 2017
njideoby:
You might decide to stop using the WAEC certificate and continue with the WAEC online print out. It's same result,but the print out does not bear date of birth.
Thanks
But my weac was dated in 1999 as at then there was no online stuffs
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by Headlesschicken(m): 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2017
cry Yuh sh!t x quite confusing....
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by Nutase: 4:04pm On Sep 23, 2017
Go to oluwole they will print out another one with the correct age for you. More authentic than the original......just kidding.

On a serious note I think you should do another affidavit to correspond with your waec age. Its easier and will save you all the stress. Most employers believe your waec certificate more than the affidavit.
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by dingbang(m): 4:05pm On Sep 23, 2017
njideoby:

This is not true.
okay.... Then Nigerians are confused people
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by njideoby(f): 4:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
Rita30:

Thanks
But my weac was dated in 1999 as at then there was no online stuffs
Mine is older than yours but I have the online print out with me.
WAEC updated their site to accommodate all the older results.
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by njideoby(f): 4:17pm On Sep 23, 2017
dingbang:
okay.... Then Nigerians are confused people
This is to avoid fraud. It cannot work in Nigeria because there is no data Base or accurate registry of all births, so anybody can wake up and go to court, tell them any date you preferred to be born and it will be typed out and stamped for you.
Court affidavits in Nigeria is the worst of all frauds.
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by dingbang(m): 4:19pm On Sep 23, 2017
njideoby:

This is to avoid fraud. It cannot work in Nigeria because there is no data Base or accurate registry of all births, so anybody can wake up and go to court, tell them any date you preferred to be born and it will be typed out and stamped for you.
Court affidavits in Nigeria is the worst of all frauds.
what if she made a mistake while typing in her birthdate when registering for waec?
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by abelprice(m): 4:26pm On Sep 23, 2017
There is a way... a friend of mine had similar prob.. she was told to rite a letter to her school using waec pobox office and she paid 10k... maybe her school took d letter to waec... but it's all good now... go 2 your sec school and ask for solution... undecided... if your sec school na conner conner college jst know say your own don finish.... undecided...
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by njideoby(f): 4:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
dingbang:
what if she made a mistake while typing in her birthdate when registering for waec?
Certificates are not written twice. In some instances, WAEC can write and stamp a correction(To Whom It May Concern) on the issue if the fault is theirs ( if it was proved that the candidate filled the actual fact but WAEC made a typographical error in entering the fact on the certificate)
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by abelprice(m): 4:30pm On Sep 23, 2017
Damn 1999 and even older... hmmm it's like most ladies here are from black and white age... undecided....
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by Kobicove(m): 5:25pm On Sep 23, 2017
If the mistake on your WAEC result was their fault then I suggest you write them and ask to be issued another certificate
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by njideoby(f): 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
Kobicove:
If the mistake on your WAEC result was their fault then I suggest you write them and ask to be issued another certificate
Read her post again, the mistake is not from WAEC.
Re: I Need Advice From Matured Minds Please by Nobody: 12:42pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rita30:
I have a job screening going on and it was discovered that the date of birth on my WAEC certificate is different from the date of birth on my affidavit of age.

I grew up to discover that there was no evidence or record or whatsoever of my birth. After my secondary school I decided on the advice of my family to get court declaration of age which unfortunately did not correspond with the age on my WAEC certificate which I got years after. I couldn't get another affidavit because I have gone far with the present one before I got my WAEC certificate, the difference is just with two years, and people said that my court affidavit has covered all.

Now going through thorough screening for a job the issue came up, they asked me

To go and get another court affidavit that correspond with the age on WAEC cerficate and go to bank and change my age. But I am not comfortable with this because all my records immediately after secondary school - my higher educations, my jobs so far are with the age on my affidavit.

My question is this

Is there a way I can get another WAEC certificate with the corrected age,

What is the implications of getting another court affidavit which will invalidate my present one

How were you admitted in school with different birth dates on WAEC result and court affidavit?. This your problem is a tough one 'cause if you correct the dates on your WAEC result, you'll have to go back to the tertiary institution where you finished to correspond the corrections with an affidavit.

(1) (Reply)

OMG!! Unbelievable Tweaking Dance From This Pregnant Woman / Igbo Women Just Like To Marry Yoruba Men! / A Flood Of Beautiful Profiles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.