Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:28 PM

Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October (17351 Views)

Any Advantage Of Netflix Over Dstv? / Multichoice To Increase The Price Of Dstv And Gotv Subscription / Sony Mobile To Shut Operations In Africa & The Middle East By October (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by chloride6: 10:51pm On Sep 25, 2017
efechris:

I disagree to agree with you on that, cos I use mobdro to watch matches and it uses about 180mb to 200mb for a complete match

Lol. That must be 144p which is very poor resolution.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by efechris(m): 11:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
chloride6:

Lol. That must be 144p which is very poor resolution.

I don't know much about resolution ratings but see d attached picture, tho it's from sybla tv.
Added are pics from Mondeo

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 11:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
efechris:

I disagree to agree with you on that, cos I use mobdro to watch matches and it uses about 180mb to 200mb for a complete match

wtf.. which network are u using..

I also said it's on an android tv box connected to my tv.. HD quality
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laribari(m): 4:59am On Sep 26, 2017
Elxandre:

Keep shape shifting like we didn't see your short sightedly critical original post.

If you knew what you were saying, you wouldn't have compared this to the HITv situation, which DSTV lost all rights to broadcast EPL matches for a year.
That put them directly in a head to head duel. This time around, both will broadcast EPL matches at the same time!

We haven't even talked about the Pay As You Go system.

It's DSTV who should be at the risk of extinction, as we all know the hit they'll take trying to cut down subscription to 3k to match TSTV.

There's the Strive Masiyiwa factor too; One of the smartest Billionaires in Africa.

We shall see though.

you have problem with understanding. You don't know anything about market analysis or what it means to be premium. Dstv is premium and I have to use them as a bench mark for any new thing coming up but you mistook it for criticizing tstv.

Honestly you don't know jark and arguing with you is a waste of time and I won't do that again.

I analyzed the market strategy of dstv, analyzed their selling point and many many people always like premium brand which was why I said it will be hard to out class dstv because many people have already saying dstv in trouble. Go back and read my original carefully with a brain this time.

I didn't outrightly say they can't beat dstv, just said it will be hard becomes many things comes to play. I BOLDLY STATED THAT WITH THE PROPOSED STATIONS WE ARE HEARING, TSTV SHOULD BE ABLE TO COMPETE! Why are u ignoring that part? Obviously you are blinded with sentiment of tstv. What I did was just using dstv as a bench mark to access tstv. Is that criticism? You don't know what goes on in the market you are here blabing. You think for anything reason dstv will now start selling at same price with tstv? Premium is premium and they will always feel they are beta. Instead they will do an upgrade on gotve to compete.

How does this mean I'm supporting dstv? NO! I'm just telling you what is obtainable in the market.

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by agbajesaid(m): 5:23am On Sep 26, 2017
efechris:

I don't know much about resolution ratings but see d attached picture, tho it's from sybla tv.
Added are pics from Mondeo
bro,which network? I use Modbro too and I use 1.3GB MTN data to watch a complete match. I'm using infinix note 3, (6 inch display). could that be the cause?
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dondazie(m): 6:37am On Sep 26, 2017
ameezy:

Bro i also use 200mb to watch a complete match with mobdro app may be ur network consumption is high
which network are you using?
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by larrynakel: 7:01am On Sep 26, 2017
Nice
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by jacyhelen(f): 7:02am On Sep 26, 2017
laribari:

I have said it before and will say it again. A big brand is a big brand ooo! Dstv is experience and knows the Nigerian market wella, besides they are a company with deep pocket. Have you wondered why HITV died? HItV hijacked the right for EPL in Nigeria for a season and left dstv by surprise but what did dstv do?

They endured that one year and only showed selected matches but not all big games. Guess what dstv did? Before that same season ended, they purchased the right for 5 yrs straights running from a fresh season becos of their deep pocket. They crippled HITV. It's not as if both of them can't show it at the same time, of cos if both does people will still buy HITV cos it's cheaper but what I think is that both are using the same source to air live games, so only one of them can sir it as a means of protecting their brand. If you must also show it, you will buy the right from them and they will only give you selected games. Not all games! They paid HITV in their own coin.

This was what buried HITV! So when star times came with their own 1,000 naira subscription, what did multichoice do? They launch a new product in GOTV that will play in that lower league to tackle star times becos obviously DSTV is premium brand and can't be selling at same price with star times. So all they needed to do was bring some Kool channels from DSTV to GOTV and pay less to watch it. So ordinarily, people still wanna watch epl (super sport select 1 &2), watch CNN, Africa magic (yoruba, igbo & hausa) etc. GOTV does not even have to sell at same rate with star time as they are slightly expensive, yet star times can't take GOTV out of the market. In a few years time star times may shut down if their profit isn't taking care of their expenses. This is trade!

So let's see their reaction to TSTV. As a sales manager in a multinational brand in Nigeria, I know they will react and that's to probably slightly reduce price of dstv subscription or introduce some new exciting features to their lower bouquets, make their dstv decorder cheaper or to do an upgrade GOTV in terms of channels to compete with TSTV. I'm sure GOTV will come with some Kool stuff to match TSTV cos that GOTV is their weapon to fight off competition when it comes to pricing. TSTV must be ready ooo!

To out class dstv in Nigeria will be hard. TSTV must find a way to rival super sports, Africa magic, CNN if they want to stay very long and also win the market share.

From the list of their proposed channels TSTV can compete but what features will their decorder give you? What is that new thing you can get from outside dstv? They must address that too.

all this na thrash....with the 250Gb free data,Dstv is gone...Even if i get 5 channesl for 5K with 20Gb or 10,i will use it..am more data concerned!!!

2 Likes

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by I888(m): 7:21am On Sep 26, 2017
sexy74:

My brother tell am, DSTV cannot compare to BEIN SPORT in sporting programmes .
Had it been CTL is not antenna based , they show all premier league European matches LA liga name it.
how much is ctl?
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:28am On Sep 26, 2017
agbajesaid:
bro,which network? I use Modbro too and I use 1.3GB MTN data to watch a complete match. I'm using infinix note 3, (6 inch display). could that be the cause?

On mobdro abi another app?

The highest resolution on mobdro is 540P and that's a very few streams. One NBCSN and one other

It's mostly 240p or 360p. It's not possible to use 1.3gb on one match. If that's your experience, wawuu.

Even WSS that has quality streams doesn't consume 1.3gb for me.
Either you are mistaken, or your ISP is scamming you
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by I888(m): 7:35am On Sep 26, 2017
djgreenland:
I was getting excited till I saw 'Zimbabwe'. What are our Nigeria Entrepreneurs doing please?
Lol they are busy setting up hotels and filling stations. All major tech hub are owned by foreigners in Nigeria. Konga, dealdey, kaymu , Jumia just name it
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 8:22am On Sep 26, 2017
4llerbuntu:

The highest resolution on mobdro is 540P and that's a very few streams. One NBCSN and one other

It's mostly 240p or 360p. It's not possible to use 1.3gb on one match. If that's your experience, wawuu.

Mtn data billing is abnormal unlike 9mobile
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by ameezy(m): 9:28am On Sep 26, 2017
dondazie:

which network are you using?
Etisalat(9mobile)
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dy4life: 9:35am On Sep 26, 2017
TSTV
The data package that comes with TStv Africa decoder is not for viewing the TStv channels; it is an added value for internet stuffing only
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dy4life: 9:36am On Sep 26, 2017
TSTV
With 3000 naira subscription, your decoder can run for 24hrs for 30 days uninterrupted and you can still pause your subscription for 7 days. Hence enjoying the service for 37 days
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dy4life: 9:40am On Sep 26, 2017
Does it come with free subscription for the first month after purchasing the decoder. TSTV Yes
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dy4life: 9:45am On Sep 26, 2017
Can I make use of Dstv dish with tstv decoder to avoid mounting another dish
TSTV You can use any dish that is 90cm
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by efechris(m): 10:30am On Sep 26, 2017
Dexter247:

wtf.. which network are u using..

I also said it's on an android tv box connected to my tv.. HD quality

Please which Android TV box are u using, where and how much did u get and most importantly does it use a sim card for internet connectivity?
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Zane2point4(m): 11:12am On Sep 26, 2017
am very excited honestly,i asked the customer agent if the decoder has hdm1 outlet he said yes it has one at the back,thats all,high definition channels with hdm1 will be a killer to gotv o.

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Dam5reey(m): 11:24am On Sep 26, 2017
Zane2point4:
am very excited honestly,i asked the customer agent if the decoder has hdm1 outlet he said yes it has one at the back,thats all,high definition channels with hdm1 will be a killer to gotv o.

Channels line up

http://www.tstvafrica.com/channels.php

This beats gotv already... Cos no football on Gotv...

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by agbajesaid(m): 2:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
4llerbuntu:

bro, I'm not mistaken oooo. it's what I use every weekend to stream. it consumed 1.3GB. per match. but that aside, is there any cheat available for browsing on any network?
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Temihatz(m): 2:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Is there a way we can select the resolution we want on mobdro? because mine consumes 1gb+ also. I use MTN
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
efechris:

Please which Android TV box are u using, where and how much did u get and most importantly does it use a sim card for internet connectivity?

M8S PRO Smart Android 7.1 TV Box Amlogic S912 Octa-core 3GB DDR4 32GB 2.4G
http://s.aliexpress.com/Fjemau2i
(from AliExpress Android)

20k, Wifi only

1 Like

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by sexy74(m): 4:27pm On Sep 26, 2017
I888:
how much is ctl?
I dont know how much it's been sold now, when I bought mine it was 10k. I will advice before buying you make sure that it works fine where you reside.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by laribari(m): 4:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
jacyhelen:

all this na thrash....with the 250Gb free data,Dstv is gone...Even if i get 5 channesl for 5K with 20Gb or 10,i will use it..am more data concerned!!!

Exactly! Na trash u just talk. Everyone is not broke or data hungry like you.

On a serious note, I will not be getting it becos of data but maybe cause bein sports will give me varieties outside what dstv gives which is la Liga and epl alone.

However, looks like they are targeting certain clients (offices) which is a very solid strategy if they introduce data.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Dopenigga(m): 5:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
make tstv release this stuff na,dstv don too do me bad thing with their annoyingly costly subscriptions angry.As soon as they release this,am burning my dstv decoder with immediate effect.
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by youngcizza(m): 6:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
Dopenigga:
make tstv release this stuff na,dstv don too do me bad thing with their annoyingly costly subscriptions angry.As soon as they release this,am burning my dstv decoder with immediate effect.
no vex come dash me biko
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Dopenigga(m): 6:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
youngcizza:

no vex come dash me biko
lol guy forget am jarey.tstv is here to stay
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Daboomb: 9:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
laribari:

I have said it before and will say it again. A big brand is a big brand ooo! Dstv is experience and knows the Nigerian market wella, besides they are a company with deep pocket. Have you wondered why HITV died? HItV hijacked the right for EPL in Nigeria for a season and left dstv by surprise but what did dstv do?

They endured that one year and only showed selected matches but not all big games. Guess what dstv did? Before that same season ended, they purchased the right for 5 yrs straights running from a fresh season becos of their deep pocket. They crippled HITV. It's not as if both of them can't show it at the same time, of cos if both does people will still buy HITV cos it's cheaper but what I think is that both are using the same source to air live games, so only one of them can sir it as a means of protecting their brand. If you must also show it, you will buy the right from them and they will only give you selected games. Not all games! They paid HITV in their own coin.

This was what buried HITV! So when star times came with their own 1,000 naira subscription, what did multichoice do? They launch a new product in GOTV that will play in that lower league to tackle star times becos obviously DSTV is premium brand and can't be selling at same price with star times. So all they needed to do was bring some Kool channels from DSTV to GOTV and pay less to watch it. So ordinarily, people still wanna watch epl (super sport select 1 &2), watch CNN, Africa magic (yoruba, igbo & hausa) etc. GOTV does not even have to sell at same rate with star time as they are slightly expensive, yet star times can't take GOTV out of the market. In a few years time star times may shut down if their profit isn't taking care of their expenses. This is trade!

So let's see their reaction to TSTV. As a sales manager in a multinational brand in Nigeria, I know they will react and that's to probably slightly reduce price of dstv subscription or introduce some new exciting features to their lower bouquets, make their dstv decorder cheaper or to do an upgrade GOTV in terms of channels to compete with TSTV. I'm sure GOTV will come with some Kool stuff to match TSTV cos that GOTV is their weapon to fight off competition when it comes to pricing. TSTV must be ready ooo!

To out class dstv in Nigeria will be hard. TSTV must find a way to rival super sports, Africa magic, CNN if they want to stay very long and also win the market share.

From the list of their proposed channels TSTV can compete but what features will their decorder give you? What is that new thing you can get from outside dstv? They must address that too.

Well said.
But l noticed that in all you said, the implication was that DSTV is ready to pay the owners of EPL any amount, just to MONOPOLISE the coverrage over here in Nigeria, bu tit is not willing to lower its price that Nigerians have to pay, to enjoy its services!

This is sheer MONOPOLY that puts the customer at a loss!

CNN is a free-to-air channel so DSTV is not doing anyone any favor by selling a free channel to us.

I think the Nigerian Boracasting Commission must take up the challenge and BAN any company from holding MONOPOLY Rights over EPL (like an essential product) within the Nigerian broadcasting space.

if they insist and buy it from EPL owners, then they must be stopped from using it in Nigeria.
What we want os a situation where the are many players offering similar products within Nigeria so that the customer can have options (not foolish options where DSTV has monopolised the sweet deals to itself, that is really not an option), decide which to take so as to further competition within the operators.

In a sane environment, what DSTV did to HiTV will never be allowed,
It is Anti-Competition.

Ofcourse, the Brits dont care, as long as DSTV dumpos more cash on them.They dont care about what Nigerians are going through, to watch EPL, yet we kill ourselves over them, people that dont give a hoot over us! angry angry angry
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Dam5reey(m): 11:04pm On Sep 26, 2017
October 1st is here... DSTV has not right over bein Sports...
But you get Arabic commentries
Tstv will offer Data + all major leagues in Europe in HD .. kiss

Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by Nobody: 11:10pm On Sep 26, 2017
Dam5reey:

streaming embarassed
Re: Gotv Is In Soup: Tstv To Take Over Dstv And Gotv By October by dustmalik: 11:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
Dam5reey:
It seems you have gotten the decoder already. The ipHD tells it all. Any info you can share would be nice

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

5 Ways To Protect/guard Your Android Smartphone Or Tablet Against Malware Attack / Android Bbm Pins / Samsung, HTC To Block iPhone 5 Sales In US & EU Using LTE Patents

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.