Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,769 members, 7,831,476 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 07:19 PM

How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) (2721 Views)

Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project, Asaba Section (Photos) / How Fashola Got It Wrong On South-west Presidency – Buhari Support Organization / We’ll Impeach Saraki When NASS Reopens – Senate Leaders Vows (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 5:51am On Sep 24, 2017
"When the NASS removed the Apapa Road budget, Minister Fashola became creative and approached Dangote to use his hefty Company income tax for the next 10 years to reconstruct Apapa Road using concrete technology. Or will NASS summon Dangote to stop work? Not possible.

"I will personally lead the heavy protest that will follow such a summon. After the construction, an international firm of auditors will verify the whole exercise. We have started work today, I don't believe in talk talk talk. . . . . "

Hadiza Bala MD NPA.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 5:53am On Sep 24, 2017
Once Omoluabi will always be Omoluabi .

Weldone Fashola we are really proud of you

Weldone Omo Akinkonju

13 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by Rihamz(m): 5:58am On Sep 24, 2017
if these succeeds other roads should follow. God bless fashola. slowly but surely nigeria will get there.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 6:00am On Sep 24, 2017
Rihamz:
if these succeeds other roads should follow. God bless fashola. slowly but surely nigeria will get there.

You are a patriot God bless you

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by madridguy(m): 6:05am On Sep 24, 2017
Nice move.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by MaziOmenuko: 6:08am On Sep 24, 2017
This was a nice approach but I have something against it.

Dangote's group income tax for 10yrs is a huge sum of money that will run into trillions. This is cheating and is going to rob the nation of huge sums on company income tax. I believe the executive should have squared it out with the legislators once and for all, maybe by approaching the supreme court to mandate the legislators to stop tampering with our budget. The national assembly is trying to usurp powers of the executives and this is bad for democracy.

Next year, they will remove another big project and we will approach Adenuga for another tax waiver or extend dangote's own to 20yrs. The executive should address the issue of national assembly adjusting the budget once and for all. The judiciary needs to put the national assembly in its rightful place now before they become a nuisance. The other day, they were mandating banks to release patience Jonathan funds which should normally be a function of the judiciary.

Let's curb it now rather than this approach which is not sustainable.

6 Likes

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 6:13am On Sep 24, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Dangote's group income tax for 10yrs is a huge sum of money that will run into trillions. This is cheating and is going to rob the nation of huge sums on company income tax. I believe the executive should have squared it out with the legislators once and for all, maybe by approaching the supreme court to mandate the legislators to stop tampering with our budget. The national assembly is trying to usurp powers of the executives and this is bad for democracy.

Next year, they will remove another big project and we will approach Adenuga for another tax waiver or extend dangote's own to 20yrs. The executive should address the issue of national assembly adjusting the budget once and for all. The judiciary needs to put the national assembly in its rightful place now before they become a nuisance. The other day, they were mandating banks to release patience Jonathan funds which should normally be a function of the judiciary.

After the construction, an international firm of auditors will verify the whole exercise.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by MaziOmenuko: 6:17am On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

After the construction, an international firm of auditors will verify the whole exercise.

Verify that the national assembly won't usurp powers again or that there should be check and balances for a democracy to thrive? Cosmetics only cover defects for a while, not permanently. Next year, this same issue of tampering and padding budget will occur after the international auditors have verified that the work done was of international standard.

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 6:30am On Sep 24, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Verify that the national assembly won't usurp powers again or that there should be check and balances for a democracy to thrive? Cosmetics only cover defects for a while, not permanently. Next year, this same issue of tampering and padding budget will occur after the international auditors have verified that the work done was of international standard.

The question I asked is it a good thing Fashola have done ?

Are we to blame Fashola or the Nass ?

If the Mass had approved it we won't be here

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by GavelSlam: 6:40am On Sep 24, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Maybe, but so far our infrastructure have undergone neglect some decaying over the years, some completely condemned without hope.

Tax payers often question the use of their payments as the direct application is hardly ever seen.

I guess if the NASS took infrastructural management seriously we wouldn't need such strategies.

Kudos to those involved.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by skedman(m): 6:51am On Sep 24, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

it is a good development my brother, there are still other huge tax for him to pay such as VAT,WHT,custom duties and others which are far bigger than cit

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by slimfit1(m): 7:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Saraki leading the National assembly to a brickwall

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by aolawale025: 7:23am On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

It's should be the other way round. That road hasn't even been designed. How did they know the cost to have determined a 10 years tax waiver for dangote.

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by aolawale025: 7:25am On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

The question I asked is it a good thing Fashola have done ?

Are we to blame Fashola or the Nass ?

If the Mass had approved it we won't be here

Even if NASS had approved it. There may not be funds to execute it. That's why the initiative is good. But it has to be corruption - free.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by Lipscomb(m): 7:32am On Sep 24, 2017
Bro I understand you but ask yourself where are the tax have been collected from dangote all this while going to? To me I like this action
MaziOmenuko:

3 Likes

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by ogmask: 7:39am On Sep 24, 2017
aolawale025:

It's should be the other way round. That road hasn't even been designed. How did they know the cost to have determined a 10 years tax waiver for dangote.
p

If it wasn't designed how did they get a budget for it in the first place?
Bro budget is drawn based on the outcome of many factors, design inclusive.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by aolawale025: 8:04am On Sep 24, 2017
ogmask:
p

Really? Maybe you can also tell the cost of the road then
Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by omenka(m): 8:08am On Sep 24, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Can you tell us how much Dangote pays as income tax in a year? Let us do the math based on facts and not speculations.

Thanks. Waiting.
Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by Nobody: 8:15am On Sep 24, 2017
sarrki:

You are a patriot God bless you

Sarri the untiring warrior. I foresee a bigger national assignment for you in future. I don't agree with some of your positions, but I admire your untiring campaign for the issues you believe in, while sometimes reversing yourself when proven to be wrong.

God bless Nigeria.

3 Likes

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 8:21am On Sep 24, 2017
igbodefender:

Sarri the untiring warrior. I foresee a bigger national assignment for you in future. I don't agree with some of your positions, but I admire your untiring campaign for the issues you believe in, while sometimes reversing yourself when proven to be wrong.

God bless Nigeria.

Amen my brother

God bless you plenty

God bless federal republic of Nigeria
Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 8:23am On Sep 24, 2017
ogmask:
p

Baba some people don't even knows how to criticize constructively

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by Achuwa1(m): 8:32am On Sep 24, 2017
Making Dangote richer on tax waivers at the expense of the poor masses tht his tax would have used to build amenities....
It is God almighty that will punish Buhari & his BMC group tht publicise this nonsense here.
Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by Sammiejokes(m): 8:36am On Sep 24, 2017
aolawale025:

My man have you read your tax law today

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by Sammiejokes(m): 8:41am On Sep 24, 2017
Achuwa1:
Making Dangote richer on tax waivers at the expense of the poor masses tht his tax would have used to build amenities....
It is God almighty that will punish Buhari & his BMC group tht publicise this nonsense here.
I can say this is a typical example of a wasted brain. The full tax all these companies pay is looted by the politicians without direct or indirect benefit to the masses. You must be a fool can someone comprehend Wetn dz one write up there. My man they want to build roads okay

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 8:44am On Sep 24, 2017
Achuwa1:

Lack of basic understanding is greater than Hiv

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by jullary(m): 9:00am On Sep 24, 2017
Lipscomb:
Bro I understand you but ask yourself where are the tax have been collected from dangote all this while going to? To me I like this action
i like this! Let him use the money directly,what of the one they have been collecting b4? Inside there personal account abroad.
Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by ogbeniolola: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2017
The NASS has shot itself in the leg!...less tax revenue in the Federation account, the lower the share of FG; and since NASS is part of FG from Revenue-sharing perspective, then the lower its own share too except there is an increase from other revenue contributors.

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by sarrki(m): 9:17am On Sep 24, 2017
ogbeniolola:
The NASS has shot itself in the leg!...less tax revenue in the Federation account, the lower the share of FG; and since NASS is part of FG from Revenue-sharing perspective, then the lower its own share too except there is an increase from other revenue contributors.

Spot on

1 Like

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by RomeSankara: 9:19am On Sep 24, 2017
Rihamz:

That's would be an invitation to anarchy and create another opportunity for a new type of corruption to evolve that would help many big companies evade tax ..There was nothing creative about what the govt did about the road because even the NPA could have singlehandedly fixed that road ..BTW I thought the NIA was supposed to even contribute 40 percent of the funds while Dangote brought 60 percent and now Hadiza is silent on that ...This should not be encouraged beyond this particular project please
Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by RoyalUc(m): 10:03am On Sep 24, 2017
This whole idea/strategy sounds cool since one of the reasons for imposing tax is to finance public infrastructure and this is a direct (and maybe, more efficient) way to use taxation for its purpose provided there is fairness and accountability.

But I share MaziOmenuko's sentiments. The NASS should not be allowed to continue like this. If this continues, I foresee a time the NASS will hand-twist and blackmail the Executive into carrying out their biddings.
Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by BALLOSKI: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
Sai Buhari

Sai Fashola

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Fashola Became Creative When Nass Removed Apapa Budget Rd ..MD NPA.. (pics) by OnucheAdams: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2017
RoyalUc:
This whole idea/strategy sounds cool since one of the reasons for imposing tax is to finance public infrastructure and this is a direct (and maybe, more efficient) way to use taxation for its purpose provided there is fairness and accountability.

But I share MaziOmenuko's sentiments. The NASS should not be allowed to continue like this. If this continues, I foresee a time the NASS will hand-twist and blackmail the Executive into carrying out their biddings.

Indeed, the fact that it was done without legislative approval again goes to prove that it's in violation of the constitution.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Three (3) Biggest Losers Of The Presidential Election / What Is The Difference Between Invictus Obi & Peter Obi N Umahi / IPOB NOT OUR ENEMY, FIND FULANI TERRORISTS KILLING US - YORUBA GROUP BACKS KANU.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.