Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,556 members, 7,823,441 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:12 AM

Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ (43872 Views)

What Do Muslims Belief Concerning Jesus Son Of Mary (peace Be Upon Him)? / ‍‍‍what I Saw Concerning "Jesus Christ ,myself,satan ,And some Believers." / Christians And Muslims believe That Peoplewith Other religion Will Go To Hell (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by misterh(m): 10:01am On Sep 24, 2017
alBHAGDADI:

Mohammad beheaded 700 Jews in one night. He then proceeded to convert and have sex with one of their women after killing her father, brother and husband all on the same night.

Yet, you say he lived peacefully with Jews.
Hahahahaha. You expect me to believe this? Kindly point me in the direction where you read this.

3 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Shafiiimran99: 10:01am On Sep 24, 2017
rexbuton:

Have you read the Bible? As at that time Abraham had driven Hagar and Ishmael away! The Bible states that God commanded Abraham to take Isaac...

And there was general consensus all these years, even recorded in Jewish history.
Until Muhd comes along, he claims it wasn't Isaac, but Ishmael that was to be sacrificed.. after how many thousand years? Can I visit the queen of England and start schooling her on her genealogy and family history? Muhd wasn't even a Jew!
Was Ishmael not Abraham son?

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Humanistme: 10:02am On Sep 24, 2017
teepha:
I believe the problem we have in Nigeria is religion intolerance... When we will learn to accept each other without condemning a religion to the expense of other...
Please stop the hate, sometimes I wonder why we hate each other to extent of condemning a God of another religion... I believe if we live together as one we can overcome this hatred we have for each other...sometimes when I read the religion thread I shed tears and wonder that why so much hatred? I think I can never find answers to that question

Did you make this comment when the other thread made fp? tell seun to remove the oath.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by shallysgirl: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2017
Great thread op. Thanks for for countering the lies.
Happy Sunday.

5 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by rezzy: 10:03am On Sep 24, 2017
Quality20:
Is Christianity is truly a Godly religion, then why doesn't it stop it's adherents from evils like fornication and adultery? U may say ordinary Muslims and xtians fornicate, but what about all those Christian leaders like pastors, bishops etc who are always deep in these evils? How many Muslim scholars has any one found in these sinful traps? Pls be guided, a religion that can't stop ur clergymen from evil and sin isn't a religion but just a deception

Breathe in, breathe out, close your eyes, open your eyes. Read that poop you wrote again. Hope you now know the answer?

Your Mohammed is a typical example

11 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Laid2001: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2017
Go find out the meaning of Messiah! The muslims believe jesus is Messiah and this is the meaning of it,,

The term "messiah" is the translation of the Hebrew term masiah [jyiv'm], which is derived from the verb masah, meaning to smear or anoint. When objects such as wafers and shields were smeared with grease or oil they were said to be anointed; hence the commonly used term was "anoint" when grease or oil was applied to objects by Israelites and non-Israelites. The term "messiah" is not used to refer to "anointed" objects that were designated and consecrated for specific cultic purposes but to persons only. Persons who were anointed had been elected, designated, appointed, given authority, qualified, and equipped for specific offices and tasks related to these.

emerged01:

To the bolded. Read...
When the angels said: “O Mary! Allah gives you the good news of a Word from Him, whose name is the Messiah, Jesus son of Mary, who is illustrious in this world and the hereafter, and who is one of those brought near [to Allah]. (3.45)

Quran called Jesus the messiah,the reason you Muslims don't believe is what I don't know.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by babyfaceafrica: 10:04am On Sep 24, 2017
IJOBA2:
STRONG SUPPORTER OF PROPHET BUHARI S.A.WBIBIDEAR HAVENT SEEN YOUR COMMENT ON ANY CHRISTIAN THREAD BEFORE
are you okay or having amnesia?.. Be guided, before something acidic fall on you

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Everfrank(m): 10:05am On Sep 24, 2017
Imagine a people deceived to worship a man born of a woman. A man that was in the cradle like everybody else. A man that laughed and cried, a man that ate and drank, a man that urinated and shitted like every other man.
A man that in his entire life never knew or heard the words "Christianity, trinity, resurrection", or him dying for the sin of another.
I challenge all the worshippers of Christ here to show me just one verse in the bible where Jesus said "I am God" or "worship me".

Why must we be spiritual to interpret the simple words of a God that "created us in his own image and likeness". Any word that needs spirituality to be understood in the bible are obviously not from God.
Because there are the words of three different beings in the bible, and these words are clearly distinguishable from one another.
The words of God are distinct from the words of Jesus which are in turn distinguished from the words of men inside the same bible.

8 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Judolisco(m): 10:06am On Sep 24, 2017
Terminator1234g:
On the very contrary Jesus never said anything about Christianity and never even mentioned the word. You people say God gave birth to Jesus, pls explain how... Increase your knowledge read the bible and the Quran. The Qur'an spoke about Mary even more than the old testamin. Good day.
lemme answer ur question with a question who is God?
Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by d33types: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
Quality20:
Is Christianity is truly a Godly religion, then why doesn't it stop it's adherents from evils like fornication and adultery? U may say ordinary Muslims and xtians fornicate, but what about all those Christian leaders like pastors, bishops etc who are always deep in these evils? How many Muslim scholars has any one found in these sinful traps? Pls be guided, a religion that can't stop ur clergymen from evil and sin isn't a religion but just a deception
At the bolded, religion should stop their evil clergymen by doing what? killing them right?
Religion is personal.

3 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Shafiiimran99: 10:07am On Sep 24, 2017
awoo47:
funny, isiah was one of d greatest prophet in d old testament
He spoke clearly and inch accurate about Jesus, I'm not saying ur Islam is wrong but Bible and quran are two parallel lines that can never find an intersection point. Pls don't compare both. I will personally codemn any christian who compares Christianity nd Islam or bad mouth Islam. As Jesus never spoke of Islam our own is to preach d gospel and it's ur choice to believe no need of agurment
Can u explain Isaiah 42?
Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by alBHAGDADI: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2017
talk2hb1:
Cant stop laffing, when lots of Christians display their Ignorance most especially towards Islam and Muslims. Wait a Moment, did I just mentioned ignorant about Islam and Muslims grin
Christians are Ignorant and Confused of their Religion Too. A little enlightment for the Christians:
1) Jesus was never a Christian, he was a Jew wink
2) Jesus never ever claim he came to Die for any Sin (At least they should provide us where Jesus declares that)
3) Christianity was found after Jesus left (first mentioned in the Book of Act)
4) There are more Muslims than Christians in Isreal (Research That)
5)...Chew on the Above first (Think...)
You are a big joke.

1)Jesus truly wasn't a Christian. He was the CHRIST and his followers are called CHRISTIANS.

2) You Muslims claim that you believe in all the prophets. Well, below is John the Baptist telling you that Jesus takes away the sins of the world

John 1:29
The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him and said, "Look, the Lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world!

Below is Jesus himself speaking.

Mathew 26:28

This is my blood of the covenant, which is poured out for many for the forgiveness of sins.

3) Christianity was formed the moment he resurrected and ordered his followers to do these:

Mathew 28:19

Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit,

4) Thanks to your Palestine brothers claiming a land that is not theirs. Besides the Bible also predicted these things.

5) Now take back your words.

9 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by IJOBA2: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2017
babyfaceafrica:
are you okay or having amnesia?.. Be guided, before something acidic fall on you
KEEP ON DECEIVING YOUR SELFsad HAVE WORSHIPED PROPHET BUHARI S.A.W PBUH TODAY

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Yusluv13(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2017
the word Christianity can not be found in the bible because of how the name originated . when black ppl were enslaved to developed country they called them nigga and mocking thembwith the name now they have adopted the name as a label to black ppl, the name which considered as an insult . so Jew in those days called the ppl who worship Christ as Christian with the intention of mocking their religion, which they now adopted as their religion name. read the history. Islam mentioned in the Qur'an and Islam was acknowledged as the religion of God 'Allah' but your religion wasn't mentioned in the bible but named by Jew as Christianity. Muslim called him Isah and you called him Jesus, his story is still thwarting same but you never accepted that he died and he a slave and messanger of Allah. may thy Lord guide you to the right path as he did to people before you.

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by umuna(m): 10:09am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=tobsidan post=60774748]

Bros u be fool oo...so you are telling me you know your scholars to the core even into their bedroom right...muslim scholars furnicate they are in a bunch of sinful craps...keep deceiving your foolish self...continue lol[/quote
i do have one in my area, he is not married but brings in women every Saturday evening!

i have
Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by rexbuton: 10:09am On Sep 24, 2017
Deicide:

Why Christianity want to be the authority on Judaism?

P.S: Not all Jews practice Judaism

Christianity doesn't want to be an authority on Judaism. The Jews are authorities on Judaism . most of the early Christians and apostles were Jews, Jesus Christ performed Jewish worship and customs, and his followers Christians , often reference the Old testament I.e. the Torah and Talmud . Jesus Christ said he didn't come to abolish the OT, but rather he came to fulfill it. Christians have never attempted to change the OT or to edit or manipulate it, because the original copies are known and available. Muhd on the other hand, not a Jew, didn't see Jesus, an outsider, created a religion premised on the Jewish religion. Edited their history , brought in doctrine from other ancient religions and mixed them together for his main companion to singlehandedly compile as the Qur'an.

Israel's Law of Return stipulates that a Jew is someone with a Jewish mother or someone who has converted to Judaism. If a Jew become a Christian, religiously he isn't a Jew anymore. He will be excommunicated, but by birth and politically he may still be referred to as a Jew. Jewishness refers religious, ethnic and political concepts which are intertwined.

Read up " Who is a Jew?" on Wikipedia. There are sufficient references for extra study

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by alBHAGDADI: 10:11am On Sep 24, 2017
misterh:
Hahahahaha. You expect me to believe this? Kindly point me in the direction where you read this.
It's there in your Hadiths.

Read about Mohammad and the Banu Qurayza tribe.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Bimpe29: 10:11am On Sep 24, 2017
Your arguments are too watery and can't be corroborated. Do your research thoroughly and objectively, you would ultimately realize that, Qur'an gives true accounts of your self acclaimed Savior and Father.
If only you could eschew bigotry, Issa is the same Jesus you take as the son of Lord Almighty.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by ImaIma1(f): 10:11am On Sep 24, 2017
My only issue here is the fact Muslims have the liberty to comment on Christian topics while it is not the other way round.

Something must be done about this.

5 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by misterh(m): 10:12am On Sep 24, 2017
Raphael81:

Why don't Christians visit Medina and Mecca? The reason is simple we don't worship same God, but the sad thing is that Muslims and athiest can visit the church of the Holy sepulchre, even the Vatican city, so brother don't u think your religion is discriminatory? Maybe in ur paradise you will still have mosques but in our heaven we shall worship God alone and we shall see him that is the hope of salvation in Christ
Like I said earlier, you shouldn't expect adherents of a religion to work according to your standards and models. Because all groups of people are allowed in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Vatican doesn't mean that all groups of people should also be allowed into Mecca and Medina. It has nothing to do with discrimination. Heck! All other parts of Saudi Arabia is accessible to non-Muslims.

In pragmatic terms, because Mr Johnson allows everybody to enter all the rooms in his house doesn't mean that his neighbour, Mr Michael is discriminatory if he reserves some rooms in his house for privacy while all other rooms are available for use for everyone.

As regards paradise, we also have different beliefs on it. You believe you will worship God in heaven while Muslims believe all forms of worship ends on earth, and heaven is for enjoyment.
Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by RonJeremy: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2017
Everything about Muhammed and Islam is steeped in lies,deceit and violence.......

4 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by iliyande(m): 10:13am On Sep 24, 2017
misterh:
The issue with this response and the thread as a whole is that some adherents of a religion judge other religions by the standards and models of their own religion. For instance, if divorce is illegal in Christianity, you don't expect it to also be illegal in Islam.
They are 2 different religions that have different rules and laws. So calling one religion a FALSE religion is funny. We have hundreds of religions in the world and each one believes his own is the only true one.

I hope this will reboot your brain to get it right next time

Matthew 7:21 – 23
“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name, and in your name drive out demons and perform many miracles?’ Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!’

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by me69: 10:13am On Sep 24, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
https://www.nairaland.com/4064473/what-muslims-belief-concerning-jesus

Dear Nairaland,

I came across the above thread on Front Page stating what Muslims believe about my Lord Jesus Christ. It was put on front page on a Friday, a day pro-islamic threads make front page. What bothers me is that the thread spoke things about my Father and Saviour which are contrary to what I know of him. The sad part is that I couldn't correct those things cos Islamic threads are locked away from non-muslims who can only comment if they swear an Islamic creed. That is why I decided to create this thread to put to correction all those things said about my Father, just as a son would. I will appreciate it if the Moderators move this thread to front page this Sunday in the spirit of fairness.

Points from the thread are in quote.

First and foremost, Easa is not the name given to the Messiah we Christians believe in. His real name is Yahshua. The Bible says he comes in his Father's name (Mathew 23:39). Yahshua means Yahweh's Salvation. Easa doesn't carry such meaning.

Yes, he was a prophet but not a slave talk less of being a slave of Allah. He is the son of the Living God YAHWEH who called him his beloved Son.

Mathew 17:5

... He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice
from the cloud said, “This is my beloved Son , with whom I am well pleased ...

If by Easa you mean Jesus/Yahshua, then you are wrong. Tell me how many men can raise the dead? Those that do that today so it in his name. How many men ressurected from the dead as they promised they would? Those that do that today testify of how he resurrected them. How many perform healing as he did? Those that do today so it in his name.

Saying God has to have a wife before having a son is similar to limiting God's powers. If you believe that the God who created heaven and the earth, humans and animals etc needs a wife before he can have a son, then it's best you stop believing he created all those things.

Islam's denial of Jesus being the son of God who is Father has rendered the religion a LIAR and an Antichrist religion.

1 John 2:22

Who is the LIAR? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the ANTICHRIST--denying the Father and the Son.

A lingering question still remains: What was his original name in Aramaic? There are two answers to this question. In Eastern Aramaic, the name used for Jesus was ‘Ishho whilst in Western Aramaic, his name was Yeshu. This fact is attested by the 11th Edition of the Encyclopedia Brittanica which states, “One very tangible difference appears in the fact that the name Jesus was by the East Syrians written and pronounced Isho`, by the West Syrians Yeshu.” [4] From a quick inspection of the pronunciation of either ‘Ishho’ or ‘Yeshu’, one may get a good sense of understanding behind the historical background of the Arabic word used for Jesus, ‘Isa.

1 Like

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by abosaid(m): 10:14am On Sep 24, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
https://www.nairaland.com/4064473/what-muslims-belief-concerning-jesus

Dear Nairaland,

I came across the above thread on Front Page stating what Muslims believe about my Lord Jesus Christ. It was put on front page on a Friday, a day pro-islamic threads make front page. What bothers me is that the thread spoke things about my Father and Saviour which are contrary to what I know of him. The sad part is that I couldn't correct those things cos Islamic threads are locked away from non-muslims who can only comment if they swear an Islamic creed. That is why I decided to create this thread to put to correction all those things said about my Father, just as a son would. I will appreciate it if the Moderators move this thread to front page this Sunday in the spirit of fairness.

First and foremost, Easa is not the name given to the Messiah we Christians believe in. His real name is Yahshua. The Bible says he comes in his Father's name (Mathew 23:39). Yahshua means Yahweh's Salvation. Easa doesn't carry such meaning.

Yes, he was a prophet but not a slave talk less of being a slave of Allah. He is the son of the Living God YAHWEH who called him his beloved Son.

... He was still speaking when, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them, and a voice

If by Easa you mean Jesus/Yahshua, then you are wrong. Tell me how many men can raise the dead? Those that do that today so it in his name. How many men ressurected from the dead as they promised they would? Those that do that today testify of how he resurrected them. How many perform healing as he did? Those that do today so it in his name.

Saying God has to have a wife before having a son is similar to limiting God's powers. If you believe that the God who created heaven and the earth, humans and animals etc needs a wife before he can have a son, then it's best you stop believing he created all those things.

Islam's denial of Jesus being the son of God who is Father has rendered the religion a LIAR and an Antichrist religion.

Who is the LIAR? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the ANTICHRIST--denying the Father and the Son.

Is Adam first son of God?
Is Ephraim first son of God?
Is Abraham first son of God?
Is Moses first son of God?
Is Jesus first son of God?

As it is stated in the Bible all of them are son of God.
Now, can you tell me the original first Son of God.

2 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Raphael81(m): 10:15am On Sep 24, 2017
misterh:
Like I said earlier, you shouldn't expect adherents of a religion to work according to your standards and models. Because all groups of people are allowed in the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and the Vatican doesn't mean that all groups of people should also be allowed into Mecca and Medina. It has nothing to do with discrimination. Heck! All other parts of Saudi Arabia is accessible to non-Muslims.

In pragmatic terms, because Mr Johnson allows everybody to enter all the rooms in his house doesn't mean that his neighbour, Mr Michael is discriminatory if he reserves some rooms in his house for privacy while all other rooms are available for use for everyone.

As regards paradise, we also have different beliefs on it. You believe you will worship God in heaven while Muslims believe all forms of worship ends on earth, and heaven is for enjoyment.

You are beating about the bush sir, I always tell people that Muslims and Christians do not worship the same God, the reason being that every doctrine in Islam is in sharp contrast with Jesus' teachings

3 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by alBHAGDADI: 10:20am On Sep 24, 2017
Bimpe29:
Your arguments are too watery and can't be corroborated. Do your research thoroughly and objectively, you would ultimately realize that, Qur'an gives true accounts of your self acclaimed Savior and Father.
If only you could eschew bigotry, Issa is the same Jesus you take as the son of Lord Almighty.
You mean a Quran that was written 700 years after Jesus should be believed over the Bible that was written by people who lived with Jesus?

You have been deceived by the new comer called Quran.

3 Likes

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by KxngKrypt(m): 10:20am On Sep 24, 2017
If Christians feel the need to reply, attack or point fingers. What makes you any different from the muslims you chastise? Isnt that hypocritical?
Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Raphael81(m): 10:22am On Sep 24, 2017
The Bible and Quran were not given by the same author, if you look at some old manuscripts that were not included in the Bible, you will find a similar story in the Quran, if it was the same God that authored both books he cannot tell you to love in the Bible and kill in the Qur'an, my God is not the author of CONFUSION
Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by rexbuton: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2017
Shafiiimran99:
Was Ishmael not Abraham son?

Ishmael was Abraham's son. But Isaac was the son of promise.

After Abraham pleaded with God for Ishmael to live under his blessing, Genesis 17:20 states, "But as for Ishmael, I have heard thee: behold I have blessed him, and will make him fruitful, and will multiply him exceedingly; twelve rulers shall he beget, and I will make him a great nation."

Although the Koran does not name the child whom Abraham was to sacrifice, Muslims believe it was Ishmael, and they believe that idea is supported by the Koran.
One Muslim scholar, after citing a number texts from the Koran, concludes:

It is quite clear that Ishmael was the son to be sacrificed and not Isaac, peace be upon both of them. We also saw how corrupt the Bible is. The Bible is not reliable. It was badly tampered with by man’s alterations and narrations, that we no longer can tell which parts of it are the True Living Words of GOD Almighty, and which aren’t.
Ishmael was 13 years older than Isaac, and Abraham loved
GOD Almighty very much that he wanted to sacrifice his own son for Him. If Ishmael’s name represents Abraham’s gratefulness to GOD Almighty after a desperate long wait to have a son, then it makes perfect sense that Abraham wanted to sacrifice Ishmael to GOD Almighty by giving Him the most precious thing he ever had. (http://www.answering-christianity.com/isaac_and_ishmael.htm)

The issue is not so “who” is right, as if it were a personal dispute between two “classes” of people. The matter is not one of personalities, culture, or race. The issue is this: Which record contains the true, historical account? Will we believe the Bible, which names Isaac, or the claims of Muslim scholars who infer the name of the son from the Koran?
Some would contend that this is the kind of disagreement that never will be settled. Christians will accept the Bible. Muslims will side with the Koran. The discussion comes down to a “your-word-against-mine” type of argument — at least in the eyes of some.
But the issue is more fundamental than that. The question is really this: Which book is the revelation of God? Both volumes claim inspiration, but obviously both cannot be inspired. The difference of “Isaac versus Ishmael” is just one of hundreds of discrepancies between the Bible and the Koran. And many of these differences concern crucial themes (e.g., the nature of God, the identity of Christ, and God’s plan of salvation).
Before one commits to a system of religion, it is necessary to inquire into the source of that religion. If the Bible is from heaven, then Christianity is the true religion. If the Koran is from God, then Islam is the genuine system.
Concerning the Bible, we observe that it is made up of a sort of “DNA code” — a set of traits that identifies it as being from God. There are a number of identifying characteristics that reveal the Bible’s divine origin.
The Scriptures, although recorded by approximately forty human writers, over a period of some 1500 years, contain an amazing unity of purpose and doctrine. This includes many prophecies, i.e., detailed predictions, that are later fulfilled perfectly. Although challenged by the most renowned skeptics, the Bible is found to be without error. It has been vindicated countless times. Men are ever trying to “catch up” with the Scriptures.
But the Koran, despite its claims, lacks the marks of divine revelation. Its sub-standard treatment of women is no secret to anyone familiar with Islam. The book contains numerous historical inaccuracies and anachronisms, i.e., the chronological misplacement of persons, events, etc. Here is one example:
In relating the events of the exodus and the wilderness wandering, the Koran says, “They disbelieved the signs of God, and slew the Prophets unjustly” (cf. Sura 25:57-61). Who were “the Prophets” in the wilderness? That expression,“the Prophets,” usually designates a special ministry of servants who lived at a later time in Israel’s history. J. M. Rodwell notes: “This passage [Sura 25:59] is one of the numerous anachronisms which abound in the Koran and prove the gross ignorance of the Arabian prophet” (Rodwell, J.M., trans. The Koran, Everyman’s Library. New York: Dutton, 1909, p. 344).
Before us are two books. One is flawless and divine. It is the Bible. The other, the Koran, is error-ridden, the product of a self-styled prophet, who was no prophet at all. One encourages us to love our enemies; the other promotes conversion by force and Jihad —“holy war.”
The Bible records that Abraham was willing to offer Isaac. The Koran, Muslim scholars claim, implies that Abraham was willing to offer Ishmael. The issue is: Which volume is
God’s ? God’s book is perfect, with a high moral tone. It is filled with marks of divine inspiration that are beyond the possibility of human production. That book is the Holy Bible.

Jackson, Jason. "Ishmael or Isaac? The Koran or the Bible?"
ChristianCourier.com . Access date: September 24, 2017. https://www.christiancourier.com/articles/1161-ishmael-or-isaac-the-koran-or-the-bible

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by Yusuf54: 10:22am On Sep 24, 2017
[quote author=alBHAGDADI post=60770484]https://www.nairaland.com/4064473/what-muslims-belief-concerning-jesus

Dear Nairaland,

[/quote..Did U know that the New Testament U r Quoting was written after the Death of Jesus Christ,which Means that Jesus had no knowledge about such Book n Did U also know that One of the Disciples of Jesus Christ was a complete Illeterate,which Means that neither could he read nor write ? What If I shud Use Some Chapters n Verses in all the BIBLE VERSIONS to Prove to U that Jesus was a Servant/Slave of God ?
Re: Counter Thread To What Muslims Believe Concerning Jesus Christ by alBHAGDADI: 10:23am On Sep 24, 2017
The name of Jesus' Father is Yahweh.

If Muslims believe we worship the same God and that Allah means Yahweh, then they should shout YAHWEH AKBAR in their mosques.

They won't cos deep down they know we don't worship the same God. They just plagiarized our book just to give credence to their religion.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Apostle Suleman Mourns Sammie Okposo; Calls Out Pastors Who Judged Late Singer / Must See Hilarious Announcement By A Church About Fuel Scarcity / I Was Sent Out Of The Church Just Because I Was Wearing An Earring

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.