Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,157 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? (611 Views)

If You Feel There Is No Heaven, Then, What Do You Think About This? / There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / "No Tithe, No Heaven" - Pastor Adeboye (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by Nobody: 10:02am On Oct 01, 2018
Ok so if there was no Heaven or Hell at all whether you live right or not, would you still serve God or do the right things in this life?
I will start.
I do the right things because I want people to do the right things to me too.
Then also because I want the world to be a better place at least for my kids.
It's not religion that decides how I live my life.
So now
Share yours.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by Righteousness89(m): 10:10am On Oct 01, 2018
Alero3Arubi:
Ok so if there was no Heaven or Hell at all whether you live right or not, would you still serve God or do the right things in this life?
I will start.
I do the right things because I want people to do the right things to me too.
Then also because I want the world to be a better place at least for my kids.
It's not religion that decides how I live my life.
So now
Share yours.
we do the Right cos it's right..

We show compassion cos our conscience won't allow us do otherwise..

Humans are Created in GOD'S Image.. so every human Created is created to display kindness, Compassion etc.. When u see yourself doing otherwise you know it's evil and satanic influences..

As For Heaven, We strive for Holiness in order to make Heaven...

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by Shelumiel: 10:11am On Oct 01, 2018
...can you imagine a world without good ? Would you want to live in such a world? I don't think so

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by LordReed(m): 10:14am On Oct 01, 2018
Thankfully I have shed myself of religion so I need no religious compulsion to do good. I only need sympathy, empathy and compassion for my fellow man.

4 Likes

Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by LuciferKristi: 10:21am On Oct 01, 2018
If there was no heaven or hell, I'd be jobless.

2 Likes

Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by orisa37: 10:28am On Oct 01, 2018
Yes.
For His Conscience remains in us. There will still be Restitution somehow, somewhere, someday.

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by ikbnice(m): 11:05am On Oct 01, 2018
Righteousness89:
we do the Right cos it's right..

We show compassion cos our conscience won't allow us do otherwise..

Humans are Created in GOD'S Image.. so every human Created is created to display kindness, Compassion etc.. When u see yourself doing otherwise you know it's evil and satanic influences..

As For Heaven, We strive for Holiness in order to make Heaven...
Not everyone is brought up to be compassionate and yet they think that is the best. Also, experiences may alter our orientation towards doing good.

3 Likes

Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by paxonel(m): 11:13am On Oct 01, 2018
Scriptures confirm we are living in heaven on this earth there is no other heaven coming. And hell simiply means grave we all know what graves are, they are found in cemetaries. Knowing this have infact stimulated me to do good things more better than when i used to erroneously believe that some imaginary rapture or heaven is coming and hell is one imaginary fire burning people

1 Like

Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by Hier(m): 12:08pm On Oct 01, 2018
paxonel:
Scriptures confirm we are living in heaven on this earth there is no other heaven coming. And hell simiply means grave we all know what graves are, they are found in cemetaries. Knowing this have infact stimulated me to do good things more better than when i used to erroneously believe that some imaginary rapture or heaven is coming and hell is one imaginary fire burning people

Where is the reference for the introductory sentence

Scriptures confirmed we are living in heaven on this earth
Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by paxonel(m): 1:38pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hier:

Where is the reference for the introductory sentence

Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

That means we have already been translated into his kingdom, we aint gonna be translated sometime in the future

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

That also means heaven is already here.
So take your present life very seriously, it is the fullfilment of every prophesies of the bible.
Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by Hier(m): 1:47pm On Oct 01, 2018
paxonel:
Colossians 1:13 Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:

That means we have already been translated into his kingdom, we aint gonna be translated sometime in the future

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

That also means heaven is already here.
So take your present life very seriously, it is the fullfilment of every prophesies of the bible.

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. can I say from the above that, if a man gives his life to Christ, he's a new human being

Man is a Spirit, He has a Soul, he Lives in a body, you need to read up on that
Re: If There Was No Heaven Or Hell Would You Still Serve God And Do Good Things? by paxonel(m): 2:31pm On Oct 01, 2018
Hier:

If any man be in Christ, he is a new creation. can I say from the above that, if a man gives his life to Christ, he's a new human being
No!
Which new human being?

He continues commit sin and keep bearing the consequences.

But that notwithstanding, he is a new creature in the spirit and not in this physical or present life thats what it means. Old things will only pass away when the individual dies, at that point of his death his present suffering becomes the old things and the suffering ends or pass away when he dies, after which all things becomes new again as he comes back to live again as new born baby here on earth. 1 timothy 2:15.

Therefore death is benefial to every christian .

But while he is still alive before he dies, he must suffer the consequences of his actions(here on earth) if he was a bad christian. If he had commited sin unto death like armed robbery he will be killed for that as a believer but he is saved after his death.

Man is a Spirit, He has a Soul, he Lives in a body, you need to read up on that
very true!

This explains why christians lives forever(life without end) no matter what happens to them.

(1) (Reply)

Uk Agog As Prophet T.b. Joshua Storms Sheffield For An Explosive Revival / We Need Factories The Size Of Ibadan NOT Churches- Daddyfreeze Replies Pastor A / 2020 Prophecy: There'll Be Bloodshed But Fear Not - Ekiti Youngest Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.