Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,997 members, 7,814,409 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:24 PM

Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion (711 Views)

Please I Need People Advice Over This Issue / Son Destroys Food Items In The Kitchen After Mum Refused His Request (Video) / 16yrs After, Mum Secretly Flies To Nigeria To Surprise Daughter On Her Birthday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion by GistMore: 9:36am On Sep 24, 2017
@GISTMORE

A baby beat the odds to survive even after doctors advised that it would be best to abort her because she was discovered to have just half a heart.

Lisa Ambler, 32, says she was repeatedly told to terminate her pregnancy after unborn daughter Lacey-Janet was discovered to have an issue with her heart. But Lisa, who has cysts on her ovaries which make it difficult to conceive, was determined to go ahead.

Almost immediately after the baby was born, she stopped breathing in her mother's arms and had an eight-hour operation within the first two weeks. Baby Lacey-Janet had a rare condition where the left lower pumping chamber of the heart does not develop properly. Fortunately, she pulled through and will now be able to lead as normal a life as possible.

Lisa said: "It amazes me how she even made it through the pregnancy. When we were told about the problems with Lacey-Janet’s heart we were told to abort but for me it was all a big dream. They kept saying that she wasn’t going to live long but we were never going to abort her."

Lisa, who lives in Hull with husband Michael, added: "She will need heart care for the rest of her life. But after seeing what she has already been through as a tiny baby I am confident she is only going to get stronger."

More Gists >>> http://www.gistmore.com/baby-half-heart-survives-mum-defied-doctors-advice-abortion

More Gists >>> http://www.gistmore.com/baby-half-heart-survives-mum-defied-doctors-advice-abortion
Re: Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion by MhizzAJ(f): 9:43am On Sep 24, 2017
Tattoo everywhere
God s great

1 Like

Re: Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion by newyorks(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2017
born to live baby,congrats to her and her family.

1 Like

Re: Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion by thesicilian: 10:17am On Sep 24, 2017
I hate tattoos.
Her resilience is good though, considering the fact that it would have been difficult for her to get another child.
Re: Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion by bleble24: 12:33pm On Sep 24, 2017
Congrats.
Re: Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion by prestigiouslady: 1:49pm On Sep 24, 2017
Amazing
Re: Baby With Half A Heart Survives After Mum Defied Doctor's Advice Over Abortion by Fisiryorh(m): 12:52pm On Sep 13, 2021
MhizzAJ:
Tattoo everywhere
God s great

Believe...
��

(1) (Reply)

A Nairalander Celebrates His Father David Ibiyeomie. / Mother's Day - What Gift You Are going to Give for Ur Mother? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.