Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,559 members, 7,823,456 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:25 AM

Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? (899 Views)

Is God Really Against Taking Alcohol Or Just Against Excess Of It? / Is My Problem Spiritual Or Medical? / Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by Afam4eva(m): 9:44am On Sep 24, 2017
I really didn't know what title to give this thread, so i ended up with this.

Now, we all know that music is one of the ways that people praise, thank and worship God and for a lot of Christians, they feel some gospel songs evoke some level of spirituality. Which means that the songs are filled with rhema (like Christ Embassy people call it) or anointing. I've listened to a lot of these songs and i felt that they evoked some emotions in the way they sound. Meaning, anybody irrespective of religion, will feel some kind of way towards the song.

Take a look at this song for example

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z-ln__MWpKA

It's a song that can make a lot of people cry as seen in the video but is the emotions restricted only to people of the Christian faith? Is it similar to the way a 90s or early 20s RnB music will make you feel?

Another area that i want to talk about is when people say a particular pastor is ? (Can't remember the word) but i think a lot of times what they mean is that the pastor has a good command of English, a good accent and probably a motivational speaker. I've never seen a pastor with a thick Igbo accent being called that.
Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by Afam4eva(m): 1:21pm On Sep 24, 2017
Bump

1 Like

Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by obisco4u: 8:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
It is 100% emotional. If you read this book; The Art of Public Speaking by Dale Carnagey, you'll discover the principles pastors apply to their message delivery. Same applies to music. A song with an emotional melody and lyrics will have the same effect be it gospel or contemporary.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by Afam4eva(m): 3:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
obisco4u:
It is 100% emotional. If you read this book; The Art of Public Speaking by Dale Carnagey, you'll discover the principles pastors apply to their message delivery. Same applies to music. A song with an emotional melody and lyrics will have the same effect be it gospel or contemporary.
Good input.

3 Likes

Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
That's why I love hymns. Most hymns are inspirational from the scriptures
Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by dalaman: 4:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
They are emotional.
Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by An2elect2(f): 6:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Emotional. Another reason you can't catch me in a "church"
Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by adepeter2027(m): 6:17pm On Sep 28, 2017
An2elect2:
Emotional. Another reason you can't catch me in a "church"
But you're a Christian I guess?
Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by hahn(m): 6:26pm On Sep 28, 2017
Religion, generally, appeals to emotion and ignorance but disguises it as "spiritual"

1 Like

Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by An2elect2(f): 7:51pm On Sep 28, 2017
adepeter2027:

But you're a Christian I guess?
Yes I'm. And it's not because I heard one emotional watery gospel. I started with the Spirit, will finish with the same Spirit
Re: Is A Gospel Song Or Preaching Spiritual Or Just Emotional? by adepeter2027(m): 7:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
An2elect2:
Yes I'm. And it's not because I heard one emotional watery gospel. I started with the Spirit, will finish with the same Spirit
Okay, your comment gat me confused. That was the reason for the question wink

(1) (Reply)

What All Black People Should Learn About Buddhism / Five Pillars Of Islam According To The Bible: / Photos: A Man Of God,Jedafe Healed A Popular Mad Woman In Somolu.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.