Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,764 members, 7,809,938 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:31 PM

Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? (3004 Views)

Online Or Physical Church? / Is My Problem Spiritual Or Medical? / White Fasting And It’s Spiritual Effect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by thunderbj: 3:15pm On Sep 15, 2019
I'm always confused to see a hardworking and talented person working and struggling to make it, after many years the individual would still be in the struggled mode. Then the person will go and seek for a Man Of God,who will start talking about generational curses and how it hindering the from progressing. Then after prayers and battling spiritually things will start changing positively for the person.
Another one that do surprise me is about some not making sales in their business then they would start praying, the next thing business would boom up.
So my question is,our success in life is it about how hardworking we are or how much we pray to battle generational curses?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by OpenYourEyes1: 10:37pm On Sep 15, 2019
thunderbj:
Am always confused to see a hardworking and talented person working and struggling to make it, after many years the individual would still be in the struggled mode. Then the person will go and seek for a Man Of God,who will start talking about generational curses and how it hindering from progressing. Then after prayers and battling spiritually things will start changing positively for the person.
Another one that do surprise me is about some not making sales in their business then they would start praying, the next thing business would boom up.
So my question is,our success in life is it about how hardworking we are or how much we pray to battle generational curses?

Prayer totally works if you believe. The Word of GOD is true!

2 Likes

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by sonmvayina(m): 8:10am On Sep 16, 2019
Let's talk a little about atonement.

Can anyone atone for the sins of another?

No.

Atoning is a process, not an end result.

If you rob a bank, can you tell the judge "oh, that is OK because someone atoned for my sins?"

Try it.

It doesn't work with G-d either.

What possible good would it do if someone could "take the rap" for you?

What would you learn?

How would your spirit have grown in holiness by "getting away" with something?

It makes no sense at all.

The T'nach (bible) tells us clearly that we are each responsible for our own actions. Read D'varim / Deuteronomy 24:16 "Fathers shall not die [through the testimony] of their sons, and sons shall not die [through the testimony] of their fathers, since [in any case] every man shall die for his sins."

G-d's judging of us is done as a father correcting his child -- in the hope that the child learns and becomes a better person.

"The wicked shall give up his way, and the man of iniquity his thoughts, and he shall return to HaShem, Who shall have mercy upon him, and to our G-d, for He will freely pardon." Y'shayahu / Isaiah 55:7.

And

"Do I desire the death of the wicked? says HaShem G-d. Is it not rather in his repenting of his ways that he may live?" Y'chezkel / Ezekiel 18:23.

When G-d judges us, He does so with mercy. As King David once said "let us fall now into the hand of HaShem; for His mercies are great; but into the hand of man let me not fall." Shmuel 2 / 2 Samuel 24:14.

We are in the month of Elul. , the last month of the Jewish year. It is the month proceeding Rosh HaShanah (one of four Jewish New Years) and the holiest day of the year, Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement). On Rosh Hashanah, each individual is judged on the merit of his deeds and on Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) our fate is sealed.

Some missionaries actually think that because there IS one day of atonement that means it is the only day of the year you can atone!

How silly is that

You can atone, seek forgiveness, every second of every day of your life.

But what happens to those who do not seek out G-d?

He seeks them.

THAT is the purpose of Yom Kippur. It is the day the king, your father, leaves His "palace" and comes to you. What a beautiful concept!
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by BetterChurch: 6:08pm On Sep 16, 2019
Generational curses is a term coined in an attempt to understand a great principle of life called Karma. This law is immutable, from generation to generation

1 Like

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by judedwriter(m): 7:33pm On Sep 16, 2019
thunderbj:
Am always confused to see a hardworking and talented person working and struggling to make it, after many years the individual would still be in the struggled mode. Then the person will go and seek for a Man Of God,who will start talking about generational curses and how it hindering from progressing. Then after prayers and battling spiritually things will start changing positively for the person.

God created man to work hard; God never supports laziness. However, without God's blessing, your hardworking will be in vain.

God created us to work hard and succeed under His blessing. I notice severally that when i am operating under God's blessing, success comes easier when i work. The opposite holds true; when we operate under curses, our much hardwork goes down the drain with little or no results.

Today lots of people live unconsciously under curses and need God's blessings to breakthrough.

1 Like

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by thunderbj: 6:37am On Sep 17, 2019
OpenYourEyes1:

Prayer totally works if you believe. The Word of GOD is true!
Good,then am going to work on my prayer to see how it works
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by thunderbj: 6:38am On Sep 17, 2019
judedwriter:

God created man to work hard; God never supports laziness. However, without God's blessing, your hardworking will be in vain.

God created us to work hard and succeed under His blessing. I notice severally that when i am operating under God's blessing, success comes easier when i work. The opposite holds true; when we operate under curses, our much hardwork goes down the drain with little or no results.

Today lots of people live unconsciously under curses and need God's blessings to breakthrough.
In one word all those curses are real,thanks
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by thunderbj: 6:45am On Sep 17, 2019
sonmvayina:
Let's talk a little about atonement.

Can anyone atone for the sins of another?

No.

Atoning is a process, not an end result.

If you rob a bank, can you tell the judge "oh, that is OK because someone atoned for my sins?"

Try it.

It doesn't work with G-d either.

What possible good would it do if someone could "take the rap" for you?

What would you learn?

How would your spirit have grown in holiness by "getting away" with something?

It makes no sense at all.

The T'nach (bible) tells us clearly that we are each responsible for our own actions. Read D'varim / Deuteronomy 24:16 "Fathers shall not die [through the testimony] of their sons, and sons shall not die [through the testimony] of their fathers, since [in any case] every man shall die for his sins."

G-d's judging of us is done as a father correcting his child -- in the hope that the child learns and becomes a better person.

"The wicked shall give up his way, and the man of iniquity his thoughts, and he shall return to HaShem, Who shall have mercy upon him, and to our G-d, for He will freely pardon." Y'shayahu / Isaiah 55:7.

And

"Do I desire the death of the wicked? says HaShem G-d. Is it not rather in his repenting of his ways that he may live?" Y'chezkel / Ezekiel 18:23.

When G-d judges us, He does so with mercy. As King David once said "let us fall now into the hand of HaShem; for His mercies are great; but into the hand of man let me not fall." Shmuel 2 / 2 Samuel 24:14.

We are in the month of Elul. , the last month of the Jewish year. It is the month proceeding Rosh HaShanah (one of four Jewish New Years) and the holiest day of the year, Yom Kippur (Day of Atonement). On Rosh Hashanah, each individual is judged on the merit of his deeds and on Yom Kippur (the Day of Atonement) our fate is sealed.

Some missionaries actually think that because there IS one day of atonement that means it is the only day of the year you can atone!

How silly is that

You can atone, seek forgiveness, every second of every day of your life.

But what happens to those who do not seek out G-d?

He seeks them.

THAT is the purpose of Yom Kippur. It is the day the king, your father, leaves His "palace" and comes to you. What a beautiful concept!
thanks even though am unable to comprehend all this

1 Like

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by thunderbj: 6:48am On Sep 17, 2019
BetterChurch:
Generational curses is a term coined in an attempt to understand a great principle of life called Karma. This law is immutable, from generation to generation
I just do wonder why the offender is not the one suffering for his own consequence, why let it transfer to another generation
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2019
BetterChurch:
Generational curses or karma are superstitions and nonsensical.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:46am On Sep 17, 2019
BetterChurch:

GENERATIONAL CURSES, SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM BECAUSE IT'S ALL IN THE DIVINE AND UNCHANGEABLE WILL OF GOD.

EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE WORST TRAGEDIES ARE ALL GOD'S PLAN. NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT HIS WILL.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 7:47am On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
No one has a complete repository of knowledge and for the fact that certain things are beyond human comprehension does not make it false. Not all laws follow natural and scientific laws, we also have spiritual laws that govern the universe. I have a first-hand experience of what I am talking about and would not like go into details because a friend or relative, who might understand, could be reading. There are curses and blessings in life and are controlled by cosmic forces, take it or leave it.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by CAPSLOCKED: 7:59am On Sep 17, 2019
thunderbj:

THIS APPLIES TO BUSINESS PEOPLE WITH CAPITAL. THEIR BUSINESSES BOOM UP AFTER THEY PRAY AND FAST BECAUSE THEY MAKE NEW CONNECTIONS WITH PEOPLE AND ACQUIRE MORE FUNDS, AND START TO DO THE RIGHT THINGS.

HOWEVER, THE FISH SELLERS, THE SINGLE KIOSK RUNNERS, THE PEPPER TRADERS, THE BISCUIT SELLERS, AND ALL THOSE RELEGATED TO THE ZONE OF PETTY BUSINESSES MIGHT NEVER LEAVE THE POVERTY ZONE TILL THEY DIE BECAUSE YOU NEED CAPITAL AND CONNECTIONS TO SUCCEED, AND NOT PRAYERS.

WITH ALL OUR PRAYERS, NIGERIA IS YET TO BOOM OUT OF POVERTY.
BUT I GET IT THAT PRAYERS COMFORT YOU BY SOOTHING YOUR TODDLER EMOTIONS. SO KEEP PRAYING, BUT KEEP WORKING AS WELL OR ELSE THERE'S NOTHING FOR YOU.

2 Likes

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 8:01am On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
No one has a complete repository of knowledge and for the fact that certain things are beyond human comprehension does not make it false. Not all laws follow natural and scientific laws, we also have spiritual laws that govern the universe. I have a first-hand experience of what I am talking about and would not like go into details because a friend or relative, who might understand, could be reading. There are curses and blessings in life and are controlled by cosmic forces, take it or leave it.

First, every phenomena that occur in this natural world is natural, it's either not yet understood or unknown. There are many phenomena tagged supernatural in the past and now discover it to be natural.

Secondly, generational curses or karma cannot work in an imperfect world, no humans is perfect therefore every human must have done something wrong in their life time and if this is so, humans should be extinct by now or better still there won't be bad things again.

Thirdly, there are no evidence that connects this generational curses or karma, because I'm sick doesn't mean I must have done something wrong to someone or I'm cursed, you can't prove the connection, people only fantasize this with their confirmation bias, an opium they wish for. The fallacy for this is a post hoc fallacy.

Karma or generational curse will make sense if we're in a perfect world. Unfortunately bad people suffer and good people enjoy, no one is immune to this experience.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by CAPSLOCKED: 8:05am On Sep 17, 2019
thunderbj:
Am always confused to see a hardworking and talented person working and struggling to make it, after many years the individual would still be in the struggled mode.

Then the person will go and seek for a Man Of God,who will start talking about generational curses and how it hindering from progressing. Then after prayers and battling spiritually things will start changing positively for the person.....

ONLY HAPPENS IN HOLLYWOOD MOVIES. NOTHING CHANGES FOR PEOPLE WHEN THEY PRAY. WE ONLY GET THINGS WHEN WE MOVE, WHEN WE PUT IN REAL EFFORTS.

WHEN YOU SPEAK LIKE THIS I ONLY NEED TO LOOK IN MY STREET TO DISAGREE WITH YOU. WHAT YOU'RE SAYING IS WHAT YOU BELIEVE, AND WHAT YOU BELIEVE IS THE MEANINGLESS NONSENSE YOU LEARN FROM YOUR RELIGIOUS ORGANIZATIONS THAT HAS NO PLACE IN REALITY.

1 Like

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 8:06am On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

First, every phenomena that occur in this natural world is natural, it's either not yet understood or unknown. There are many phenomena tagged supernatural in the past and now discover it to be natural.

Secondly, generational curses or karma cannot work in an imperfect world, no humans is perfect therefore every human must have done something wrong in their life time and if this is so, humans should be extinct by now or better still there won't be bad things again.

Thirdly, there are no evidence that connects this generational curses or karma, because I'm sick doesn't mean I must have done something wrong to someone or I'm cursed, you can't prove the connection, people only fantasize this with their confirmation bias, an opium they wish for. The fallacy for this is a post hoc fallacy.

Karma or generational will make sense if we're in a perfect world. Unfortunately bad people suffer and good people enjoy, no one is immune to this experience.
I want to ask you a simple questions, do you think you are always 100% correct in your assertions? Is it possible for you to get something wrong while your mind tells you you are correct?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 8:11am On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
I want to ask you a simple questions, do you think you are always 100% correct in your assertions? Is it possible for you to get something wrong while your mind tells you you are correct?
Nope I'm not always 100% correct, I work with evidence and logic. If you can't provide this you're just wallowing in assumptions.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

Karma or generational curse will make sense if we're in a perfect world. Unfortunately bad people suffer and good people enjoy, no one is immune to this experience.
If your argument is from an atheist point of view then your assertions can be understood because atheists do not believe in the spiritual or cosmic forces. If you are a Yoruba man, you might have a bit knowledge of Yoruba tradition which entails carrying sacrifices in the middle of the night to appease the 'gods'. I have a neighbor whose son was sick, almost to death, and the man was given all manners of treatment all to know avail. The woman was later advised, by a native doctor, to do midnight sacrifice for her son. The woman did it and the next day the son became healthy and all the skin rashes disappeared. This phenomenon can never be explained by science and has nothing to do with superstition but spiritual. It is what I saw with my own eyes. The problem most 'African atheist' have is that their atheistic argument is still attached to the 'whiteman' argument or social philosophy and it always sound very ridiculous to me when you guys try form 'atheist' in order to discredit spiritual realities. There is no any atheistic philosophy or 'theories' that are home grown, or traditionally African atheistic philosophy. Most Africans discrediting spiritual realities based their argument on what are being taught by the whites, which, in most cases, are still subjective and are never a general rule in terms of socio-spiritual realities (even in their homeland).
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by BetterChurch: 8:46am On Sep 17, 2019
thunderbj:

I just do wonder why the offender is not the one suffering for his own consequence, why let it transfer to another generation

I like your line of thought. Actually, Karma and Reincarnation can be likened to the two faces of an ancient coin. Nothing man can do to deface it. The Lords of Karma are spiritually trained to administer this law on the departed which they do under the supervision of other higher beings.
You can read my thread on The Spiritual Hierarchy for more insight
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by BetterChurch: 8:59am On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:

grin
Generational curses somewhat is, but not Karma or reincarnation; a primary belief in almost all religion
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 9:00am On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
Nope I'm not always 100% correct, I work with evidence and logic. If you can't provide this you're just wallowing in assumptions.
What evidence do you have that your paternal great grand father is actually your paternal great grand father aside from what you are being told? What logic can you use to deduce this claim? If I tell you I had a dream last night that I bought a car, what physical evidence do I need to produce to actually confirmed that dream? I should visit a car shop and buy one to make my dream believable?

My point is this, for the fact that we are ignorant of certain things do not make it false or 'superstition'. For the fact that we do not believe or know a thing does not mean it never existed. Snakes are known to be dangerous to man but there a certain communities where snakes are friends to man, somewhere in Anambra state Nigeria. In this part of Nigerian community, snakes and man live in compete harmony for centuries and generations without any known incident. In our natural laws of habitat, snakes and man are meant to live wide apart to avoid any bad incident. What could have happened to make this strange habitat law possible in one community but dangerous in another community? This is where the power of the supernatural and the cosmic forces come to play.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-town-man-pythons-harmony/
https://www.yabaleftonline.ng/inside-anambra-town-human-beings-huge-pythons/

How can one possibly explain the positive social relationship between a snake and a man? How can the Burmese and the Florida python be so dangerous to man and the ecosystem but the Anambra python a complete opposite? This is the difference in the cosmic forces that control the spiritual activities in both places that you failed to appreciate. There are things that are can not be explained by mere human observation, logic or scientific experiment, the 3 fundamental tools atheist used in doing their appraisal and conclusion.

1 Like

Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by BetterChurch: 9:32am On Sep 17, 2019
CAPSLOCKED:

GENERATIONAL CURSES, SHOULD NOT BE A PROBLEM BECAUSE IT'S ALL IN THE DIVINE AND UNCHANGEABLE WILL OF GOD.

EVERYTHING INCLUDING THE WORST TRAGEDIES ARE ALL GOD'S PLAN. NOTHING HAPPENS WITHOUT HIS WILL.

The universes of God are governed by the divine principles of Love and Mercy. However, we must reap what we sow. And by reaping what we have sowed through Karma and Reincarnation —the agency of "God's Plan" or "Unchangeable Will," we eventually are able to cooperate with the Divine and become useful spiritually in the vast universes of God. That's our destiny as Soul.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 10:00am On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
If your argument is from an atheist point of view then your assertions can be understood because atheists do not believe in the spiritual or cosmic forces. If you are a Yoruba man, you might have a bit knowledge of Yoruba tradition which entails carrying sacrifices in the middle of the night to appease the 'gods'.
So?

I have a neighbor whose son was sick, almost to death, and the man was given all manners of treatment all to know avail. The woman was later advised, by a native doctor, to do midnight sacrifice for her son. The woman did it and the next day the son became healthy and all the skin rashes disappeared. This phenomenon can never be explained by science and has nothing to do with superstition but spiritual. It is what I saw with my own eyes.
This is argument from Ignorance, because this can't be explain therefore it's this. This is a fallacious argument.

So what if the medical treatment he has been receiving was the one that healed him but coincidentally give the credit to some mumbo jumbo?

If this "ebo"(sacrifice) is really working why is it not used in the medical field? Can this ebo used for surgery and many other critical health issues? Can it be used to know a disease or virus? Or why is Africa still having issues with health problems? When you reflect on this then you know how useless your claim is.

And don't think I haven't experienced an illness before, there was an illness I had we prayed and do sort of mumbo jumbo and guess what nothing happened until I was medically treated.

No one is immune to illness.

The problem most 'African atheist' have is that their atheistic argument is still attached to the 'whiteman' argument or social philosophy and it always sound very ridiculous to me when you guys try form 'atheist' in order to discredit spiritual realities. There is no any atheistic philosophy or 'theories' that are home grown, or traditionally African atheistic philosophy. Most Africans discrediting spiritual realities based their argument on what are being taught by the whites, which, in most cases, are still subjective and are never a general rule in terms of socio-spiritual realities (even in their homeland).
Another fallacious argument.

Philosophy is not attached to any race nor tribe, philosophy is seeking knowledge through reasoning, argument, logic, research etc.

The white man you're talking about were also very spiritual in the past, they believe in all sort of magic and superstitions, sacrifices to the gods, these things didn't work nor make them move forward. Kindly read about the Greek philosophy.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 10:08am On Sep 17, 2019
BetterChurch:

grin
Generational curses somewhat is, but not Karma or reincarnation; a primary belief in almost all religion
Generational curses is still nonsensical. Who ordain this curse? Is there any human without sin?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by BetterChurch: 10:24am On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
Generational curses is still nonsensical. Who ordain this curse? Is there any human without sin?

You're thinking good. "Who ordain this curse?" This is the same old tactics of many religions — "Fear." Nothing of such exist. We are the creator of our own world
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 10:25am On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
What evidence do you have that your paternal great grand father is actually your paternal great grand father aside from what you are being told? What logic can you use to deduce this claim?
I exist I must have a biological paternal great grandfather whether the one I was told or not. I wonder why this is even an argument. undecided

If I tell you I had a dream last night that I bought a car, what physical evidence do I need to produce to actually confirmed that dream? I should visit a car shop and buy one to make my dream believable?
Your dreams are your imaginations that's in your head, I don't need evidence of your dream but if you have evidence for your imaginations then present it. There's nothing wrong with this.

My point is this, for the fact that we are ignorant of certain things do not make it false or 'superstition'. For the fact that we do not believe or know a thing does not mean it never existed.
Then you don't have to fill this gap with mumbo jumbo. If you don't know something just say you don't know than making some claims you can't even prove.

I will agree if you say it's just an assumption but claiming something is fact or exist without any prove is nonsensical.

Snakes are known to be dangerous to man but there a certain communities where snakes are friends to man, somewhere in Anambra state Nigeria. In this part of Nigerian community, snakes and man live in compete harmony for centuries and generations without any known incident. In our natural laws of habitat, snakes and man are meant to live wide apart to avoid any bad incident. What could have happened to make this strange habitat law possible in one community but dangerous in another community? This is where the power of the supernatural and the cosmic forces come to play.
https://www.sunnewsonline.com/anambra-town-man-pythons-harmony/
https://www.yabaleftonline.ng/inside-anambra-town-human-beings-huge-pythons/

How can one possibly explain the positive social relationship between a snake and a man? How can the Burmese and the Florida python be so dangerous to man and the ecosystem but the Anambra python a complete opposite? This is the difference in the cosmic forces that control the spiritual activities in both places that you failed to appreciate. There are things that are can not be explained by mere human observation, logic or scientific experiment, the 3 fundamental tools atheist used in doing their appraisal and conclusion.

Lol, are you saying snakes are not trained?

Ok, in Pokémon, monsters are friends with humans.

In india, elephants are their best friend.

Please if you have a logical argument kindly present them.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 11:33am On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
This is argument from Ignorance, because this can't be explain therefore it's this. This is a fallacious argument.
You cannot, logically prove that the man who your are told is your great grand father is actually your great grand father. You accept it as a fact because you are told and your have no any single evidence to confirm whether it is true or false.

tintingz:
So what if the medical treatment he has been receiving was the one that healed him but coincidentally give the credit to some mumbo jumbo?
You speak out of ignorance; you cant know better than the victim. I must not put everything into writing before you can understand a simple fact. My assumption is that you are brighter than this.

tintingz:
If this "ebo"(sacrifice) is really working why is it not used in the medical field? Can this ebo used for surgery and many other critical health issues? Can it be used to know a disease or virus? Or why is Africa still having issues with health problems? When you reflect on this then you know how useless your claim is.
You speak like an ignorant man here. Each 'medical' field had their whims and caprices. Spiritual healing did not involve surgery and cutting of blood. Thousands of years before the advent of modern medicine, Africans have been taking care of their medical need. Stop talking as if africans have not any form of medical treatment before the coming of the whites. This is a very ignorant statement and the discovery of virus, for medical purpose, is a modern medical phenomenon and were never available some 150-200 years back.

tintingz:
And don't think I haven't experienced an illness before, there was an illness I had we prayed and do sort of mumbo jumbo and guess what nothing happened until I was medically treated.
It is only an ignorant man that will not seek medical treatment and will only resort to prayer. Both are symbiotic, where orthodox medicine fails, people go for spiritual healing and some get result. Many people had equally died while seeking modern medical help, does this make medical treatment inefficient? No.

tintingz:
No one is immune to illness.
That true.

tintingz:
Another fallacious argument.
Whatever you dont agree with automatically becomes a fallacious argument. This is not an honest way of making a rational argument. Making a point is not ependent on sharp phrases learnt in school. A good academic should think independently outside the four walls of the school. While you accused others of being dogmatic, you subtly wallow in complete dogma furnished with atheism and new age enlightenment. You never think independently but depended on what you heard and read from like mind.

tintingz:
Philosophy is not attached to any race nor tribe, philosophy is seeking knowledge through reasoning, argument, logic, research etc.
Provide me a single philosophical 'theorem' founded and propounded by a blackman. Give me a single evidence that your current so-called 'philosophical' knowledge has a root your immediate environment.

tintingz:
The white man you're talking about were also very spiritual in the past, they believe in all sort of magic and superstitions, sacrifices to the gods, these things didn't work nor make them move forward. Kindly read about the Greek philosophy.
The white are still spiritual today; atheism is also as old as the white man had existed. So stop thinking as if atheism is a modern phenomenon. The white, till date, still perform ritual and sacrifices, so what is your point exactly?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 12:21pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
You cannot, logically prove that the man who your are told is your great grand father is actually your great grand father. You accept it as a fact because you are told and your have no any single evidence to confirm whether it is true or false.
I've never met my great grandfather, he died long time ago, my father may have prove but I don't need it anyway, I've seen his picture and he's just like my father. Secondly, I've uncles and aunties who are siblings to my father so that's another strong evidence, thirdly I know my hometown.

But in all I know is I've a biological great grandfather whether he's the one I'm told of or not is irrelevant to me.

You speak out of ignorance; you cant know better than the victim. I must not put everything into writing before you can understand a simple fact. My assumption is that you are brighter than this.
So you want me to take you story as fact right?

Ok, can you take me to the herbalist, I will have to take him to generate hospital to cure people, we will make alot of money.

You speak like an ignorant man here. Each 'medical' field had their whims and caprices. Spiritual healing did not involve surgery and cutting of blood.
Then this spirituality is useless if it doesn't involve surgery.

Thousands of years before the advent of modern medicine, Africans have been taking care of their medical need. Stop talking as if africans have not any form of medical treatment before the coming of the whites. This is a very ignorant statement and the discovery of virus, for medical purpose, is a modern medical phenomenon and were never available some 150-200 years back.
The healing care in the past are very limited, most are base on ignorance and superstitions. For example"abiku" is seen as a curse in the past which is not.

Alchemy, herbs is the old way of healing now we have chemistry, modern medicine that have been proven to be very useful in human civilization.

Ask yourself, between modern medicine and spirituality healing which is effective?

It is only an ignorant man that will not seek medical treatment and will only resort to prayer. Both are symbiotic, where orthodox medicine fails, people go for spiritual healing and some get result. Many people had equally died while seeking modern medical help, does this make medical treatment inefficient? No.
I thought prayers answers everything?

How do we know it's not the medical treatment that heal someone while they also prayer? How can we know which worked?

Until there is a praying healing center where no medical treatment is involve, and we see good results regularly and it is been critically investigated then I can believe prayers or spirituality can heal.

Whatever you dont agree with automatically becomes a fallacious argument. This is not an honest way of making a rational argument. Making a point is not ependent on sharp phrases learnt in school. A good academic should think independently outside the four walls of the school. While you accused others of being dogmatic, you subtly wallow in complete dogma furnished with atheism and new age enlightenment. You never think independently but depended on what you heard and read from like mind.
Whatever claim that violate logic is fallacious.

1. Without logic anybody can make any fallacious claims and say it's the true but with logic we can deduce an argument. You need to understand what logic is.

2. We need evidence to back up your claims, anybody can make up fairytales. If you don't have evidence just tell us you don't know or your claims are assumptions.

Provide me a single philosophical 'theorem' founded and propounded by a blackman. Give me a single evidence that your current so-called 'philosophical' knowledge has a root your immediate environment.
We have philosophers in Africa.

Philosophy started in Greek because they have elites who became sceptics, their philosophical argument has been proven to be valid throughout history till date. Like I said they also once believed In spirituality.

Something must start somewhere.

The white are still spiritual today; atheism is also as old as the white man had existed. So stop thinking as if atheism is a modern phenomenon. The white, till date, still perform ritual and sacrifices, so what is your point exactly?
Did I say atheism is modern?

Yes, there are whites that are still spiritual but they don't use this to advance their country.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 12:28pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
I exist I must have a biological paternal great grandfather whether the one I was told or not. I wonder why this is even an argument. undecided
Of course we all have great grand fathers but my question is that how do you confirm if the man who you are told is your great great father is actually the one since you do not have any physical or scientific evidence to valid that claim.

tintingz:
Your dreams are your imaginations that's in your head, I don't need evidence of your dream but if you have evidence for your imaginations then present it. There's nothing wrong with this.
Dreams are complex 'pseudo-normal' activity that takes place in ones sub-concious mind (world), especially while sleeping. Dreams also have spiritual dimension because man can recive warning and advise via dreams. My late mum had appeared, in my dreams so many times, to give me advise. Of course it will only be foolish for one to ask me the video evidence of my conversation in the dream, as a proof and I wont be shocked if an atheist ask me of such.

tintingz:
Then you don't have to fill this gap with mumbo jumbo. If you don't know something just say you don't know than making some claims you can't even prove.
I don't claim I know everything but a truly ignorant man will claim to know all. Life is however more complex than 'seeing is believing'.

tintingz:
I will agree if you say it's just an assumption but claiming something is fact or exist without any prove is nonsensical.
Can you see energy? No. Does energy exist? Yes. The first law of thermodynamic says 'energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can be transformed from one form to another'. If energy cannot be seen why do science still claim that it existed? If you believe in modern science, vis-a-vis energy, you should also believe that there are many things that existed but not visible to the naked eyes. I however doubt it because you have been 'dogmatised' with atheistic principles which also, in a way, avoid rationality that does not fit into their myopic worldview.

tintingz:
Lol, are you saying snakes are not trained?
Who trained all the snakes and pythons in Anambra state? Have snakes sudden become human in order to make your delusion acceptable?

tintingz:
Ok, in Pokémon, monsters are friends with humans.
This is nonsense. Explained how a wild python is not dangerous to people of Anambra state, but a human and ecological threat to the people of Florida and its ecosystem.

tintingz:
You brought up an unrelated example to solidify your fallacy. I talking about wild a wild animal that have a spiritual significance in the local community which physically and spiritually share common space with human. Python in that community in Anambra are not trained/domesticated but are regarded as part and parcel of their community. You cannot know better than inhabitants where these experienced is paramount till date. It is arrogance to think otherwise.

tintingz:
Please if you have a logical argument kindly present them.
You are the one embedded into your 'superior' dogma who sees no reason in alternative realities.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by true2god: 1:17pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
I've never met my great grandfather, he died long time ago, my father may have prove but I don't need it anyway, I've seen his picture and he's just like my father. Secondly, I've uncles and aunties who are siblings to my father so that's another strong evidence, thirdly I know my hometown.

But in all I know is I've a biological great grandfather whether he's the one I'm told of or not is irrelevant to me.

So you want me to take you story as fact right?
I am only 'judging' you by your own standard of 'seeing is believing'. You use a circumstantial evidence to proof that a man in a picture is your great grand father but you are hear asking us to provide 'evidence and logic' for all our claims before you can believe. Provide a foolproof physical and logical evidence that the man your dad supposedly said was your great grand father was actually the true one. What if he lied to you? What if the picture was that of a wrong person, a case of conflicting identity? Do you have any hard and physical evidence to valid your dad's claim? No you dont. Thats the exact standard you create when you asked for physical and logical evidence on certain issue.

tintingz:
Ok, can you take me to the herbalist, I will have to take him to generate hospital to cure people, we will make alot of money.
We are not hear to play bro. Making a phony request does not make sense and will lead nowhere. If you are damn serious kindly provide you contact details.

tintingz:
Then this spirituality is useless if it doesn't involve surgery.
Only in your myopic world where alternatives does not exist.

tintingz:
The healing care in the past are very limited, most are base on ignorance and superstitions. For example"abiku" is seen as a curse in the past which is not.
You are bringing in unrelated point to buttress a weak argument.

tintingz:
Alchemy, herbs is the old way of healing now we have chemistry, modern medicine that have been proven to be very useful in human civilization.
99% of the extract used in 'modern medicine' are from herbs; the difference is 'packaging'. At least you appreciate the importance and contribution of Herbs and alchemy in medicine and healing.

tintingz:
Ask yourself, between modern medicine and spirituality healing which is effective?
They are both effective. I have never been to the hospital this year but I take 'agbo jedi' almost every 2 weeks and it work wonders on my body system.

tintingz:
I thought prayers answers everything?
You don't believe in the supernatural so it is useless treating this request.

tintingz:
How do we know it's not the medical treatment that heal someone while they also prayer? How can we know which worked?
We know because the latter (the sacrifice) worked when the former (modern medicine) failed to produce the expected result.

tintingz:
Until there is a praying healing center where no medical treatment is involve, and we see good results regularly and it is been critically investigated then I can believe prayers or spirituality can heal.
It is only in your abstract community that we will have only spiritual healing home without any hospital. I don't treat a hypothetical situation as a reality.

tintingz:
Whatever claim that violate logic is fallacious.

1. Without logic anybody can make any fallacious claims and say it's the true but with logic we can deduce an argument. You need to understand what logic is.

2. We need evidence to back up your claims, anybody can make up fairytales. If you don't have evidence just tell us you don't know or your claims are assumptions.
Logic is subjective. What you take as a logic may be foolishness to another person. It all depend on your worldview.

tintingz:
We have philosophers in Africa.
You don't follow any African philosophy based based on 'Kemetics' but an academic philosophy developed by the whites. You philosophy starts and ends in your school as a course of study.

tintingz:
Philosophy started in Greek because they have elites who became sceptics, their philosophical argument has been proven to be valid throughout history till date. Like I said they also once believed In spirituality.
This is what you are told in school. Between the old Egyptian kemetic philosophy and the Greek philosphy which one one is older. Which came first, the Egyptian Alexandrian philosophy or the Greek philosophy. The book you read on philosophy is designed to make you see thing using the lens of the Europeans who wrote many books you read on philosophy.

tintingz:
Something must start somewhere.
Yes, but open your mind to alternative realities; don't be too dogmatic in your 'atheistic' fantasy.

tintingz:
Did I say atheism is modern?
You remotely made that assertion.

tintingz:
Yes, there are whites that are still spiritual but they don't use this to advance their country.
You are gradually shifting the goal post.
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by tintingz(m): 1:31pm On Sep 17, 2019
true2god:
Of course we all have great grand fathers but my question is that how do you confirm if the man who you are told is your great great father is actually the one since you do not have any physical or scientific evidence to valid that claim.
I've physical evidence, I stated them in my previous post.

Dreams are complex 'pseudo-normal' activity that takes place in ones sub-concious mind (world), especially while sleeping. Dreams also have spiritual dimension because man can recive warning and advise via dreams. My late mum had appeared, in my dreams so many times, to give me advise. Of course it will only be foolish for one to ask me the video evidence of my conversation in the dream, as a proof and I wont be shocked if an atheist ask me of such.
Santa has also appear in my dreams to give advice, does this is also apply?

Dreams are just your figments of imaginations when your REM is active.

I don't claim I know everything but a truly ignorant man will claim to know all. Life is however more complex than 'seeing is believing'.
Then you cannot base your fact or truth on what it has not been critically examine.

You are using the God of gaps argument. Because something cannot be explain therefore it's spiritual, you didn't consider other possibilities.

Can you see energy? No. Does energy exist? Yes. The first law of thermodynamic says 'energy can neither be created nor destroyed but can be transformed from one form to another'. If energy cannot be seen why do science still claim that it existed? If you believe in modern science, vis-a-vis energy, you should also believe that there are many things that existed but not visible to the naked eyes. I however doubt it because you have been 'dogmatised' with atheistic principles which also, in a way, avoid rationality that does not fit into their myopic worldview.
Energy can be observe mister. We use energy to do many things.

Who trained all the snakes and pythons in Anambra state? Have snakes sudden become human in order to make your delusion acceptable?
I don't know how true this claim is. Some claim are exaggerated.

This is nonsense. Explained how a wild python is not dangerous to people of Anambra state, but a human and ecological threat to the people of Florida and its ecosystem.
Can you demonstrate this? Bring a kid or anybody from anambra and let put him in a den of cobras.

Let's examine why they are not bitten.

You brought up an unrelated example to solidify your fallacy. I talking about wild a wild animal that have a spiritual significance in the local community which physically and spiritually share common space with human. Python in that community in Anambra are not trained/domesticated but are regarded as part and parcel of their community. You cannot know better than inhabitants where these experienced is paramount till date. It is arrogance to think otherwise.
Elephants can be dangerous when aggressive, in India they see elephants as divine in respect to their God Ganesha. This is also something spiritual to them.

You are the one embedded into your 'superior' dogma who sees no reason in alternative realities.

Is a fairyland part of an alternative reality?
Re: Our Progress In Life,is It Spiritual Or Physical Thing? by Goel: 4:55pm On Sep 17, 2019
tintingz:
Hello, I'm an Indian and elephants are very dangerous animals. Those who have elephants are a small community very skilled people with licenses. Elephants aren't caught & domesticated that easily and their transition to residential places is very restricted.
You won't able to handle an elephant once it gets spooked by any nuisance and how many lives & how much wealth it will threaten if not shooted down on the spot.

You Afros got even bigger elephants so you may know better how ugly they can make it.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Religion Are Most Nigerians? / Heresy? : John Identified Jesus Christ As The Beast Of Revelation / The Explanation For Existence

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 163
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.