Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,480 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? (819 Views)

I Hope We Are Not Making Mistakes About Jesus Christ. Take A Look / NIFROP Christians, Muslims Unite In Prayer Against Spirit Of Disunity In Nigeria / Native Priest Comes For Christians, Muslims After Using Goat For Sacrifice. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by segunojo866: 7:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
I was told by my Christian friend that he doesn't feel depressed at all because Jesus Christ is in his life but i couldn't understand him because i can't see Jesus at all, the only thing i know about Jesus Christ is that he die over 2000years ago. So how can a dead person gives someone joy? hahn, hopefulandlord and others please explain to me. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by Josephjnr(m): 7:11pm On Sep 24, 2017
Yes. Depression is caused basically by hopelessness and extreme life pressure. Having strong believe that there is a man(God) greater than everything, who can solve every problem as at a particular time in favour of an individual might prevent or even treat depression.
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by segunojo866: 7:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
Josephjnr:
Yes.
please explain how?
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by greatnaija01: 7:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
so if someone can not see you and the person lives in london, it simply means you do not exist abi?

No one can see God.... your USERNAME is SEGUN meaning you once had parents who believed in God... so if you do not believe then its your business cos the proof is everywhere and even you are the proof of his existence.

Stop fooling yourself. Get a bible and study it and see the story of Jabez, david, moses, Hannah, and several others God helped from depression.

BUT THE CHOICE TO BELIEVE IN JESUS IS YOURS... NO one is here to argue

segunojo866:
I was told by my Christian friend that he doesn't feel depressed at all because Jesus Christ is in his life but i couldn't understand him because i can't see Jesus at all, the only thing i know about Jesus Christ is that he die over 2000years ago. So how can a dead person gives someone joy? hahn, hopefulandlord and others please explain to me. Thanks
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by lalanice(f): 7:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
why ask Muslims and atheist about Jesus Christ??
I think more dumb people are becoming atheist, or atheist are becoming dumber tongue

1 Like

Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by Josephjnr(m): 7:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
lalanice:

I think more dumb people are becoming atheist, or atheist are becoming dumber tongue

I think the OP is trying to see everyone's point of view.
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by lalanice(f): 7:18pm On Sep 24, 2017
Josephjnr:

no. he knows what he is trying to do, he is an hate-ist
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by Josephjnr(m): 7:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
lalanice:
no. he knows what he is trying to do, he is an hate-ist

Funny.OK.
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by Josephjnr(m): 7:25pm On Sep 24, 2017
segunojo866:
please explain how?

I have reedited my first post,you may read it again.
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by segunojo866: 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
Josephjnr:

thanks because Jesus Christ story is also in the Quran
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by segunojo866: 7:31pm On Sep 24, 2017
greatnaija01:
so if someone can not see you and the person lives in london, it simply means you do not exist abi?

No one can see God.... your USERNAME is SEGUN meaning you once had parents who believed in God... so if you do not believe then its your business cos the proof is everywhere and even you are the proof of his existence.

Stop fooling yourself. Get a bible and study it and see the story of Jabez, david, moses, Hannah, and several others God helped from depression.

BUT THE CHOICE TO BELIEVE IN JESUS IS YOURS... NO one is here to argue

Mr man nobody is a fool here we are all learning and my name being segun ojo means nothing because i have been an atheist for 21years. Why are you so sure that Yahweh is the true God?
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by Homeboiy: 7:36pm On Sep 24, 2017
I don't know
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:50pm On Sep 24, 2017
segunojo866:
BRO, THERE ARE THINGS YOU CANNOT SEE WITH YOUR TWO EYE BALL ON YOUR HEAD...AND YES JESUS CURES DEPRESSION IN A BLINK OF AN EYE...YOUR EYE BALL IS MADE OF CLAY(EARTH) AND CAN ONLY VIEW THINGS THAT IS ON EARTH
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by iamgenius(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
lalanice:

Both.

1 Like

Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by hahn(m): 8:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
Josephjnr:
Yes. Depression is caused basically by hopelessness and extreme life pressure. Having strong believe that there is a man(God) greater than everything, who can solve every problem as at a particular time in favour of an individual might prevent or even treat depression.

Believing there is a man in the sky who is waiting for you to eat crayfish, masturbate, look at booty or even think of your neighbors daughter's tits just so it can send you to hell for eternity to burn despite claiming to love you "unconditionally" can also lead to depression.

Many depressed people believe in god and so far believing in any god has not been determined as a cure to depression
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by obisco4u: 8:16pm On Sep 24, 2017
In times of depression, doctors recommend that focusing on thoughts (or even fantasies) that bring hope could help a lot. This is a an established scientific and medical fact. So believing in an imaginary Jesus as a source of hope is more of a therapeutic exercise than spiritual as most claim.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by Niflheim(m): 8:22pm On Sep 24, 2017
@op, A dead man providing Joy to a man that is Alive?
Sounds like Necrophilia!!!

2 Likes

Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by segunojo866: 10:13pm On Sep 24, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, THERE ARE THINGS YOU CANNOT SEE WITH YOUR TWO EYE BALL ON YOUR HEAD...AND YES JESUS CURES DEPRESSION IN A BLINK OF AN EYE...YOUR EYE BALL IS MADE OF CLAY(EARTH) AND CAN ONLY VIEW THINGS THAT IS ON EARTH
shocked
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by segunojo866: 10:14pm On Sep 24, 2017
obisco4u:
In times of depression, doctors recommend that focusing on thoughts (or even fantasies) that bring hope could help a lot. This is a an established scientific and medical fact. So believing in an imaginary Jesus as a source of hope is more of a therapeutic exercise than spiritual as most claim.
grin
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by segunojo866: 10:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
Niflheim:
@op,
A dead man providing Joy to a man that is Alive?

Sounds like Necrophilia!!!
so true
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by Auki: 7:53am On Sep 26, 2017
God who created you can take away depression or any harm.

But Jesus cannot, he has no power of his own except with Allah's permission.
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by segunojo866: 8:11am On Sep 26, 2017
Auki:
God who created you can take away depression or any harm.

But Jesus cannot, he has no power of his own except with Allah's permission.

cheesy Jesus the carpenter is powerless and needs Allah the god that promotes child abuse. Nawa o
Re: Christians, Muslims And Atheists, Can Jesus Christ Take Away Depression? by Kobojunkie: 2:39am On Jun 03, 2023
segunojo866:
■ I was told by my Christian friend that he doesn't feel depressed at all because Jesus Christ is in his life but i couldn't understand him because i can't see Jesus at all, the only thing i know about Jesus Christ is that he die over 2000years ago. So how can a dead person gives someone joy? hahn, hopefulandlord and others please explain to me. Thanks
I don't know about your friend there but yes, Jesus Christ can take away Depression. undecided

(1) (Reply)

TB Joshua Blows Hot, Warns Those Giving Church ‘Dirty Money’ / COMPREHENSIVE! Deliverance For The Homosexual / Who Are The Most Wicked/evil Women In The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.