Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,676 members, 7,865,718 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 01:25 AM

Obafemi Martins Surprised With Lagerback's Appointment - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Obafemi Martins Surprised With Lagerback's Appointment (771 Views)

Photos Of Obafemi Martins' Lovely Kids / Checkout The Fabulous Life Of Obafemi Martins And How He Spends His Millions / Mikel Snubbed Our Appointment – Oliseh (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Obafemi Martins Surprised With Lagerback's Appointment by dinsky: 10:08am On Mar 04, 2010
http://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=110

Edwin Lars Lagerback's first official assignment with the national team was to discuss the state of affairs of the national team with the team skipper,Nwankwo Kanu over dinner.His shocking appointment is generating ripples even in his home land because he is known for a defensive approach to football.The Super Eagles have so many flair players and are an attacking force.The choice of Lars Lagerback was a bomb - not just for the football world and the more well-known candidates - but also for the team's stars.

A member of the NFF called Obafemi Martins,Wolfsburg late last week and he was very surprised of the appointment.
''I was surprised. Yet, when I heard that Lagerback would coach the national team,it sounded like an interesting solution. Lagerback is a very meritorious coach.'' He Andersson (Roland) I know less about.It is important we don't put a lot of pressure on them.''Martins told a Swedish newspaper.

On the choice of the new manager staying in Nigeria,Martins said: "It is the perfect place to stay. A beautiful city. Abuja is one of the finest cities in Nigeria. I am from Lagos, but there are really good restaurants in Abuja. Royal Thai Cuisine is good and Ciao another. All he wants is located in Abuja. He will love it.''

The Swede returns to his homeland tomorrow and he is expected to meet some high profile Super Eagles players in Europe.

March 4: Returning to Sweden.
6-16 March: Provisional period for Lagerback, travel around Europe to meet with professional players in the various clubs. According to reports, it is already clear that he will meet with Obafemi Martins (Wolfsburg in Germany) and Taye Taiwo (Marseille in France). In the beginning of April, it may possibly be another tour.
19 March: Return journey to Nigeria for the coverage of matches in the Nigerian league.
April 20: Estimated date of Lars Lagerback and Roland Andersson's announcement of their first Nigerian squad
26 April: Nigeria, Ukraine, London (international friendly).
April 29: Nigeria, Colombia, London (international friendly).
June 12: Nigeria-Argentina in Johannesburg (World Cup).
June 17: Nigeria-Greece in Bloemfontein (World Cup).
June 22: Nigeria-South Korea in Durban (World Cup).
Re: Obafemi Martins Surprised With Lagerback's Appointment by allboyz(m): 12:30pm On Mar 04, 2010
ok
Re: Obafemi Martins Surprised With Lagerback's Appointment by omar22(m): 1:27pm On Mar 04, 2010
I thought Yobo was the captain?

The managers’ first duty is to invite Kanu and Yakubu over from England to Abuja and tell them that they are not part of his plans for the world cup. I would add Olofinjana to the party as well…

Then I would make it a must that any player who plays less than 720 minutes between now and may wont be considered… then we would know whose creaky bones are up to it the long haul…
Re: Obafemi Martins Surprised With Lagerback's Appointment by dinsky: 2:19pm On Mar 04, 2010
@Omar:You have spoken very well and straight to the point.But in the Nigerian scheme of thiings,after the coach draws his list of invited players,those inactive players with godfathers will find their name on the list.If Yakubu does not improve,he MUST not go the World Cup,same with Kanu.I prefer us doing poorly at the World Cup,then 4 years later in Brazil,we perform brilliantly.KANU,YAKUBU,OLOFINJANA,KALU UCHE,ORDIA have no business going to the World Cup.
Re: Obafemi Martins Surprised With Lagerback's Appointment by patAlkarp: 7:42pm On Jun 09, 2010
Планирую сделать на заказ встроенный шкаф посоветуйте что нибудь,очень выбор сейчас стал большой запуталась абсолютно

(1) (Reply)

Argentina Send Angel Di Maria Against Eagles. / Rabiu Afolabi / France, Italy And England: The Most Stunning Group Stage Exit In The World Cup History!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.