Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,462 members, 7,843,406 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 02:52 AM

What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos (5154 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida (IBB's) Message To Igbos / Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by OjukwuWarBird: 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
hamzeiy:
abeg help me tell them. We from middle belt despite consisting of 7 states have not seen any tangible federal presence since the creation of this country. Yet we have not created enmity with everybody because of that. If everybody hates you then its time you start asking your self the hard question. It my be your fault

Your fathers fought for One Nigeria and therefore you guys might not be moved to complain about your neglect

In our case, our fathers were stopped from establishing a nation(Biafra) that would have benefitted us today. Therefore, we have every reason to complain about our unpleasant situation.

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by OjukwuWarBird: 12:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
i know? and your point is?

Why has the FG refused to open Ibaka seaport since 1970s when it was proposed alongside Tincan port.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by hamzeiy: 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:

Have you paused to think why everyone seems angry with you? Go and read this thread and stop deceiving yourselves https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan .Try and give other Nigerians credit we are not as stupid as you would like us to be.

Anyway I do not see how the people of Kogi Kebbi Ekiti Adamawa Benue or Gombe have a better deal than you
abeg help me tell them. We from middle belt despite consisting of 7 states have not seen any tangible federal presence since the creation of this country. Yet we have not created enmity with everybody because of that. If everybody hates you then its time you start asking your self the hard question. It my be your fault.
Then an igbo man claims he is been marginalised .all he is asking is the opportunity to dominate other tribes in nigeria. And that would never happen

When the yorubaz where been marginalised by gej the Igbos where masturbating to it.
The links below should tell you how the igbos where when they dominated other people.
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan/36.

5 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 12:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Why has the FG refused to open Ibaka seaport since 1970s when it was proposed alongside Tincan port.
Refused? DO you know the meaning of the word?

First of all what has it got to do with Igbo marginalization. Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

A millilion things have been proposed all over the country and not happened.Lagos state did more than propose but had initiated moves for a Metro light rail scheme in the 80s . Buhari came in and scrapped it . Did Yorubas abuse Fulanis or threaten anybody.?

You come up with a claim of marginalization and when asked to substantiate you come up with all these wishy washy nonsense. Tell us what Nigeria has done for Kwara,Kogi Benue Plateau Taraba Borno Nassarawa that they did not do for Igbos

10 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by staytravel: 12:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
Basic123:

when you are angry on something meaningful and not over your inability to dominate,oppress and maginalize other tribes.we can talk of solving the problem.

I wonder what federal presence or maginalization you need that GEJ,okonjo iweala,stella oduah ,emefiele and allyson madueke couldn't provide or correct in 6years.

Igbo are bad loosers and play emotional politics simple!

The question is, why should we be losing in our own country
One thing that makes me laugh about Nigerians is that, they let tribalism blind them. The Igbos arent the only people losing in nigeria. 99% of people are losing under that shitty system.
Nigeria is practically a failed state.
In fact the Yorubas should be asking for thier own independence too. Nigeria needs to be split like India was. It's too many people, who are too different with too much bad history. It makes sense to finish that failed colonialist project.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
The truth is when you sit down and really analyze it there is nothing like Igbo marginalization.

What has the FG done for OGun Ondo Oyo Ekiti and OSun states.
Where is the Port that should be in Ondo state the state with the longest coast line Where is Olokola ? What has happened to Oloibiri?

8 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by OjukwuWarBird: 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Refused? DO you know the meaning of the word?

First of all what has it got to do with Igbo marginalization. Why are you crying more than the bereaved?

A millilion things have been proposed all over the country and not happened.Lagos state did more than propose but had initiated moves for a Metro light rail scheme in the 80s . Buhari came in and scrapped it . Did Yorubas abuse Fulanis or threaten anybody.?

You come up with a claim of marginalization and when asked to substantiate you come up with all these wishy washy nonsense. Tell us what Nigeria has done for Kwara,Kogi Benue Plateau Taraba Borno Nassarawa that they did not do for Igbos

If your heroes have opened up Ibaka seaport, the industrial activities in the East would have been high enough to employ lots of youths.

As for other tribes, they are free to accept their unhappy condition but we will not accept ours.

We want a functioning nation and if Nigeria can't be that nation, let us be.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 1:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
staytravel:

The question is, why should we be losing in our own country
One thing that makes me laugh about Nigerians is that, they let tribalism blind them. The Igbos arent the only people losing in nigeria. 99% of people are losing under that shitty system.
Nigeria is practically a failed state.
In fact the Yorubas should be asking for thier own independence too. Nigeria needs to be split like India was. It's too many people, who are too different with too much bad history. It makes sense to finish that failed colonialist project.
We may agree on the problem but not the solution.We see your proposal as hypocrisiy given your silence about this when GEJ was in power and your response to Yoruba cries of marginalization then.Have you forgotten so soon??

7 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 1:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

If your heroes have opened up Ibaka seaport, the industrial activities in the East would have been high enough to employ lots of youths.

As for other tribes, they are free to accept their unhappy condition but we will not accept ours.

They are happy? You see your fundamental problem is arrogance and lact of tact which would not be a problem if it achieved results but it repeatedly does not and you persist with that strategy .Good luck with that
The way you keeo switching from Igbo to "EAST" and back is amusing.

The Mmongo man is not as stupid as you people believe. An Ibaka seaport is NOT an Igbo seaport

8 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by OjukwuWarBird: 1:03pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
The truth is when you sit down and really analyze it there is nothing like Igbo marginalization.

What has the FG done for OGun Ondo Oyo Ekiti and OSun states.
Where is the Port that should be in Ondo state the state with the longest coast line Where is Olokola ? What has happened to Oloibiri?

In life everyone can not accept to be in the same condition.

If some ethnic groups are comfortable suffering, it should not encourage them to stop those who want out of the suffering

Just like in education, not everyone wants a poor grade.

So if Yoruba people love suffering, so be it. But don't force the Igbos to accept to end up like the Yorubas

We are fed up with Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

In life everyone can not accept to be in the same condition.

If some ethnic groups are comfortable suffering, it should not encourage them to stop those who want out of the suffering

Just like in education, not everyone wants a poor grade.

So if Yoruba people love suffering, so be it. But don't force the Igbos to accept to end up like the Yorubas
Why were you so silent from 2011 to 2015
Have you forgotten this thread https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan
Talk is cheap ?? You don't like suffering telll us a time in your history when you were not suffering or better off than Yoruba. No one is forcing you to do anything .You are Jews so you can relocate to Israel. If you want change in Nigeria you have to sit down and discuss it like civilized people. If you think the IPOB way is the way good luck!!

Tell us what the people you have voted for since 1999 have said or don to pursue this agenda that you are shouting about today?

7 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by staytravel: 1:09pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
We may agree on the problem but not the solution.We see your proposal as hypocrisiy given your silence about this when GEJ was in power and your response to Yoruba cries of marginalization then.Have you forgotten so soon??

If the Yorubas had their own country, would they be crying because of marginalisation?

I doubt it.
I dont see the point here.
Like I said, Nigeria doesnt work. It wasnt supposed to and we can never get it to work.

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 1:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
staytravel:

If the Yorubas had their own country, would they be crying because of marginalisation?

I doubt it.
I dont see the point here.
Like I said, Nigeria doesnt work. It wasnt supposed to and we can never get it to work.
Well it is not for externals to tell the Yoruba what to do. We will be fine

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by realhumanity: 1:31pm On Sep 25, 2017
Basic123:

when you are angry on something meaningful and not over your inability to dominate,oppress and maginalize other tribes.we can talk of solving the problem.

I wonder what federal presence or maginalization you need that GEJ,okonjo iweala,stella oduah ,emefiele and allyson madueke couldn't provide or correct in 6years.

In 1999, Ekwueme who happened to be one of the founders of PDP was told that Yoruba's were going to be given the presidency. They met with Igbo politicians, the Igbo's agreed after feeling like it was their turn to be in the number one seat since 1967. We voted for Obj massively while you guys voted olu falae. Igbo's were never emotional then. We followed the party judiciously and kept to terms of zoning to the extent that we did not vote for Ojukwu when he tried to contest but opted for his Apga in the state level.

You said Buhari contested with an Igbo man in 2003 and we didn't vote for him. if we did not vote for Ojukwu, who was the Igbo man that we were going to vote? Igbo's believed in the rotation and we kept to our bargain. We even voted for Yaradua instead of Buhari , does that still mean we hate the Hausas?

If u guys are talking, be objective next time.

3 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by realhumanity: 1:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Dredging river Niger is not just an Igbo issue it concerns all the states in the Niger Delta because of the environmental impact and with all the isues of flooding it is not going to happen. We all remember the flooding of 2012 very bitterly
Dredge the Niger just to please Igbos? When there can be ports in Rivers Delta Akwa Ibom Cross River and Ondo States.
There is no need for dredging

If the Niger is to be dredged for inland port why stop in the SE why not go all the way to Lokoja Niger Kwara and Sokoto states.

You folk always think only of your selves.

Let us go to resource control and then you can do what you like with your resources
I don't see how Ibaka seaport is an Igbo project .Already you are appropriating what belongs to others

What was the reason behind the flood of 2012?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 1:39pm On Sep 25, 2017
realhumanity:

What was the reason behind the flood of 2012?
Who knows? Too much water I guess.

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by realhumanity: 1:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
hamzeiy:
abeg help me tell them. We from middle belt despite consisting of 7 states have not seen any tangible federal presence since the creation of this country. Yet we have not created enmity with everybody because of that. If everybody hates you then its time you start asking your self the hard question. It my be your fault.
Then an igbo man claims he is been marginalised .all he is asking is the opportunity to dominate other tribes in nigeria. And that would never happen

When the yorubaz where been marginalised by gej the Igbos where masturbating to it.
The links below should tell you how the igbos where when they dominated other people.
https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan/36.

When did an igbo man dominate you? please say it?
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by realhumanity: 1:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Who knows? Too much water I guess.

Please be more informed before coming here to argue. The 2012 flood wasn't caused by dredging or other activities in Niger river. Moreover, you have also failed to read up that the Niger river is drying up because the source is drying too. If you fail to dredge it now, then consider that river gone. One of the most important rivers in Nigeria will be gone.

4 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by bakynes(m): 1:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
I hate it when Igbos cry of Marginalization, it annoys me because you guys had it good during the last Administration and we didn't hear any noise from you, why is it now that the present administration is not favouring you, you want out of Nigeria. Besides are you not a Major tribe in Nigeria who has contributed Positively and negatively to the state of Nigeria.

If Igbos had started their agitations when they had their people in govt in the last Administration,then the entire country would have believe it to be a sincere agitation but immediately your beloved candidate lost an election you started agitating, you don't expect other tribes to believe its a sincere agitation.

Besides what is in other parts of Nigeria that is not in the SE only Lagos,Abuja and PH stands out and it's due to their status.

Nobody is marginalizing the Igbos, the only people that has genuine agitations are the minorities of the SS and we are all sympathetic to their cause.

6 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by bulletproofmonk(m): 1:54pm On Sep 25, 2017
OjukwuWarBird:

Dude, you have not said anything meaningful in almost 4 posts. You just keep mentioning ibaka, dredging etc. Do you even understand the problem??

5 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 1:58pm On Sep 25, 2017
realhumanity:

Please be more informed before coming here to argue. The 2012 flood wasn't caused by dredging or other activities in Niger river. Moreover, you have also failed to read up that the Niger river is drying up because the source is drying too. If you fail to dredge it now, then consider that river gone. One of the most important rivers in Nigeria will be gone.
Did I say it was caused by dredging please be more literate before talking rudely like a tout. If you want to know my perspective seek clarifications politely about what I am saying if you are uncertain. I never said 2012 was caused by A or B .You asked and I said who knows but you are determined to talk rubbish.

My point earlier was a simple one many people have argued that dredging would have serious environmental impacts and that floodings such as that witnessed in 2012 would be a lot worse if dredging has occurred. .Of course this is an emotive subject but those downstream delta communities are concerned and are opposed
http://allafrica.com/stories/200006250073.html
http://allafrica.com/stories/200405171161.html

and it is their territory that will be dredged if a way is to be created for large vessels to penetrate the Niger. Besides they reason why not create a port in Bayela or Rivers rather than take a risk. The other thing is the admixture or sea and fresh water and the impact of that on marine life another unknown which is at best "risky" for those in Bayelsa and Rivers .Why should THEY take such a risk

how can dredging prolong the life of a river if the source is drying ? Is that not a stupid argument. Are you proposing pumping sea water from the ocean to replenish the "drying" river and if so will it still be a "river" How much energy and money will that take? Where has that been done elsewhere

5 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by vicadex07(m): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Dredging river Niger is not just an Igbo issue it concerns all the states in the Niger Delta because of the environmental impact and with all the isues of flooding it is not going to happen. We all remember the flooding of 2012 very bitterly
Dredge the Niger just to please Igbos? When there can be ports in Rivers Delta Akwa Ibom Cross River and Ondo States.
There is no need for dredging

If the Niger is to be dredged for inland port why stop in the SE why not go all the way to Lokoja Niger Kwara and Sokoto states.

You folk always think only of your selves.

Let us go to resource control and then you can do what you like with your resources
I don't see how Ibaka seaport is an Igbo project .Already you are appropriating what belongs to others

That's where their legendary greed comes out.

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by buchilino(m): 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:

Have you paused to think why everyone seems angry with you? Go and read this thread and stop deceiving yourselves https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan .Try and give other Nigerians credit we are not as stupid as you would like us to be.

Anyway I do not see how the people of Kogi Kebbi Ekiti Adamawa Benue or Gombe have a better deal than you

Y NOT ALLOW 2 TALK 4 DEMSELVES. 2 D BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UR NOT DER LAWYER NOR R U DER ADVOCATE. IF DIS PLACE U MENTION HAVE ISSUES Y NOT ALLOW DEM SPEAK 4 DEMSELVES. SO BECAUSE DEY CHOOSE REMAIN QUIET, SO U NOW WANT 2 ALSO REMAIN QUIET. ANY AM DONE WITH U ON DISCUSSION.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by buchilino(m): 2:41pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Every body is angry so try and understand the world does not revolve around you .We are all very angry
Being angry is no justification for the hate Nnamdi Kanu unleashed. You think it is a minor thing but we don't. You are focussed on your problems and have NO INTEREST IN OTHER PEOPLE'S GRIEVANCES

OTHER PPLES GRIEVANCES?, APART FROM D ND PPLE, TELL ME WHICH OTHER R COMPLAINING.
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 2:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
buchilino:

OTHER PPLES GRIEVANCES?, APART FROM D ND PPLE, TELL ME WHICH OTHER R COMPLAINING.
Do you pay me school fees?

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
buchilino:

Y NOT ALLOW 2 TALK 4 DEMSELVES. 2 D BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UR NOT DER LAWYER NOR R U DER ADVOCATE. IF DIS PLACE U MENTION HAVE ISSUES Y NOT ALLOW DEM SPEAK 4 DEMSELVES. SO BECAUSE DEY CHOOSE REMAIN QUIET, SO U NOW WANT 2 ALSO REMAIN QUIET. ANY AM DONE WITH U ON DISCUSSION.
I do not understand this gibberish .You have nothing to say

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
buchilino:

I do not understand this gibberish .You have nothing to say. See you on the dance floor
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by buchilino(m): 2:45pm On Sep 25, 2017
Basic123:

THANK U 4 UR OPINION, AT LEAST NK N HIS FANS R GRADUALLY PROVE 2 IGBO LIBERALS LIKE ME N MILLIONS OF OTHERS DAT DEY WERE RIGHT ALL ALONG ABOUT NIGERIANS.

1 Like

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by buchilino(m): 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
0m0nnakoda:
Do you pay me school fees?

LET GODS WILL BE DONE
Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 2:47pm On Sep 25, 2017
Go and study this thread from 2011 very well before coming here to write nonsense

https://www.nairaland.com/745731/yoruba-marginalization-elders-met-jonathan

2 Likes

Re: What Is Marginalization in Respect To Igbos by 0m0nnakoda: 2:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
buchilino:

LET GODS WILL BE DONE
There is never a time that that is not happening so you are not saying anything

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Before Vs After Arrest:see Look Of Man Detain By Buhari For 2yrs Without Trial / FG To Submit 2019 Budget In September / Iam Now A Biafran Am Tired Of Injustice Of Nigeria- Dino Melaye

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.