Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,543 members, 7,812,694 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:41 PM

What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore (47164 Views)

Regina: Canada Government sends message to Igbos living in the country / Prof. Soyinka Has Refused To Endorse Me For President – Sowore / Nigeria Will Be Exporting Marijuana If I Become President- Sowore (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by sirequity(m): 2:00am On Apr 15, 2018
OMOYELE Sowore, publisher of Sahara Reporters and a presidential hopeful has disclosed what he will do to Igbos of the South-East should he become the leader of the country in the forth coming general election.

The publisher who is currently holding town hall meetings and consultations across the country over his political ambition said he is going to give the Igbos a sense of belonging by firstly apologizing on behalf of the country for the way they have been maltreated since the civil war ended.

Sowore stated this in Ibadan, the Oyo State Capital on April 7, while addressing supporters who turned out to welcome him to the city.

“From the bottom of my heart, the Igbo man has not just be marginalised, the Igbo man has been trampled upon, their children killed, starved in the civil war and ever since then Nigeria has managed not to pay attention to Igboland,” he said while answering a question on how he hopes to manage the south-easterners and their Biafran mindset.

He continued: “But the Igbo man and his spirit has managed to built for himself the spirit that conquers the world. I will say to you that first and foremost when I become president I’m going to apologize to the Igbos on behalf of Nigeria”, he said amidst applause that greeted his response.

“But I won’t be like others, apology is not enough, there has to be a rapid economic development in Igboland. What they Igbo man needs is a road upon which to transport their goods, transportation, airport, seaport that can bring their goods anywhere and that is why I said with due respect I am not doing it for Nigeria alone, I am doing it for Africa.

“I am a pan-africanist, I want Nigeria’s playground to be Africa, but we cannot do it without integrating with other African countries. There is no reason why it should take four hours to cross from Benue Republic to Lagos just because we have corrupt custom officers and immigration officers. We have to bulldoze the wall there and put a highway that goes from Lagos first to Ghana and eventually to Senegal,” he said.

Sowore urged the youths to get ready to kick out the old generation out of power by ensuring they have their permanent voter cards.

He was recently told that for one to be the president of the country such an individual must first be a thief or be sponsored by one as the cost for presidential campaigns in Nigeria is in billions.

https://www.headlineng.com/will-igbos-become-president/

61 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by techwahala: 2:05am On Apr 15, 2018
no be today we start d hear things like this

168 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by NdiaraIGBO: 2:07am On Apr 15, 2018
Joker!

I don't know why these idiots talk as if Nigeria is a rich country, like we have unlimited amount of money......which is so untrue.

Apology is free. Finding the money to go and build roads in the South East will be very difficult. There are no mineral resources in the S/E .

62 Likes 11 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by sirequity(m): 2:11am On Apr 15, 2018
Okay
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by OkutaNla: 2:13am On Apr 15, 2018
cheesy Sowore plesing dia mumu button. Who knows, maybe he will be the one to finally complete the 2nd Niger bridge.

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Kingpee2(m): 2:14am On Apr 15, 2018
No wahala,I’m certain at this point that everyone wants to get into polithief,this one has started making mouth like our dem dem polithiefians ,they will promise you heaven and earth before election ,as for me I’m done with Nigeria ...

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by ayourbamie: 2:23am On Apr 15, 2018
Nobody send you to apologise. Wee yu kip kwayet

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Xander85: 2:34am On Apr 15, 2018
LOL The title sounds more like a threat!

109 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Mutemenot(m): 2:42am On Apr 15, 2018
Same confused sowore that gave Gbril through his fake propaganda against jona

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by freeze001(f): 3:35am On Apr 15, 2018
Hehehe...new drama loading

All their biases have started rearing their ugly heads. Some were closet supporters of the young man but as him talk ds one dem don dey para..
They can't even let the young man have his moment of fame n perhaps lucidity in peace... cheesy

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by seunmsg(m): 3:38am On Apr 15, 2018
Sowore better shut up if he has nothing reasonable to say. The country owes the Igbo's no apology. Apology for what exactly?

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by aljharem(m): 3:40am On Apr 15, 2018
I will advice Nigerians to vote for sowore

55 Likes

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Wiseandtrue(f): 3:59am On Apr 15, 2018
Thats the right thing to do but Its easier said than done

When you gets there now will the power not intoxicate you?

Will you not deny all these later

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by ipobarecriminals: 4:08am On Apr 15, 2018
cheesy wink cheesy cool embarassed smiley grin smiley sad undecided d guy shud wait. small biko.Let d north finish their 4 yrs.,then we can vote u for president /igbo vp.Runz

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by ihitenansa: 4:10am On Apr 15, 2018
akuko n'igbo!

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Nobody: 4:25am On Apr 15, 2018
Nigeria needs younger and fresh politicians not the recycled criminals who have held Nigeria hostage since 1960.

We need more younger men to come out and change the narrative.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Ofodirinwa: 4:42am On Apr 15, 2018
But Sahara Reports insults and laughs at their deaths everyday?

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by potent5(m): 5:17am On Apr 15, 2018
Politics.
Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by AlfaSeltzer(m): 5:21am On Apr 15, 2018
I see rat poison loading for somebody.

Afonja will never get Igbo vote.

60 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by rummmy: 5:22am On Apr 15, 2018
People with your mindset will tear this country apart..see the truth and say it the way it is
seunmsg:
Sowore better shut up if he has nothing reasonable to say. The country owes the Igbo's no apology. Apology for what exactly?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by rummmy: 5:24am On Apr 15, 2018
He is working is working for APC ooooo...

6 Likes

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by Pat081: 5:30am On Apr 15, 2018
AlfaSeltzer:
I see rat poison loading for somebody.

Afonja will never get Igbo vote.
o de wot can u do with out dem tell Lagos is like overseas to ur people

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by AlfaSeltzer(m): 6:02am On Apr 15, 2018
Pat081:
o de wot can u do with out dem tell Lagos is like overseas to ur people

Everywhere is overseas to us.

76 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by inkon: 6:42am On Apr 15, 2018
Truly, The Nigerian State owe Igbo a-heart-felt apology. The concept of winner gets all is obsolete already.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by DabLord: 7:32am On Apr 15, 2018
undecided. Igbos doesnt deserve any apology because they also killed Nigerian soldiers during the civil war..
There was a time during the civil war that the Biafra warplane wanted to blow the petrol(total) depot at Ijora but failed,will biafra apologize if the operation was successful.Nonesense

32 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by NdiaraIGBO: 7:47am On Apr 15, 2018
FinBalor:

Let me first of all apologise to myself for responding to a hopeless minion whose username is "NdiaraIgbo (Mad Igbo people)". Its obvious from your username alone, you have deep hatred for Igbo people but guess what? We don't really care. Go to the nearest gbamgbam taranchara market and buy otapiapia and die or if you are from the North, continue getting high from tramadol and and codeine that has infested your region!

Now back to your answer of Nigeria not being a rich country. So Nigeria is no longer a rich country ba? So Nigeria has to source for funds to build roads in that South East now abi? But in the last budget, a paltry 3 % was awarded the South East for infrastructural development while a whooping 32% went to North East angry angry angry

You see why the thunder that will strike you will be merciless and ruthless? You see why you will forever be filled crap? sad sad sad

But not to worry. What you guys are sowing now is coming back to hit you in your scrotums very soon. Just sit back and watch.

FinBalor, I am a core yoruba man with tribal marks. I apologise to all decent Ndi'Igbo people like you for my comments.

5 Likes

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by DabLord: 7:48am On Apr 15, 2018
inkon:
Truly, The Nigerian State owe Igbo a-heart-felt apology. The concept of winner gets all is obsolete already.
They also killed Nigerians too,they dont deserve any apology nor pity

19 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by buhariguy(m): 7:51am On Apr 15, 2018
will you allow them to go?.
NdiaraIGBO:
Joker!

I don't know why these idiots talk as if Nigeria is a rich country, like we have unlimited amount of money......which is so untrue.

Apology is free. Finding the money to go and build roads in Soth East will be very diffivult. There is no mineral resources in the S/e .
you're right,

The funny part is that buhari is already doing that for them and yet they don't appreciate the good works, even with little fund available.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What I Will Do To Igbos If I Become President — Sowore by wese90(m): 7:57am On Apr 15, 2018
NdiaraIGBO:
Joker!

Apology is free. Finding the money to go and build roads in Soth East will be very diffivult. There is no mineral resources in the S/e .

Who's getting your vote if I may ask

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Senator Offia Nwali Is Dead / AMCON: Buhari Replaces Muiz Banire With Edward Adamu / Peter Obi Jogging On The Stairs To The Podium In Taraba Rally

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.