Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,948 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:34 AM

Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses (46480 Views)

Borders In The North Still Operating- Gani Adams / Atiku: Igbos Won’t Allow Buhari, APC Deceive Them With 2023 Presidency / Meet Nigeria’s Poorest Ex-governor - He Has 3 Mud Houses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Guyman02: 6:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
hilroy:

You know absolute nothing about Rwandan Genocide. Just keep your mouth shut anytime discussion about that historical event comes up. You saying rubbush makes you look really really dumb

Small pikin see medicine e call am ordinary leaf smiley
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by ruggedized1: 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
I can't continue in this empty voyage of endless argument over Bubu. Everyone knows that Bubu is a disaster and was a single greatest mistake some Nigerians made to election a well known stark illiterate bigot as a president in the 21st century.

Just look at what 180 was mistakenly foisted on 180million people. Never again shall Nigeria descend to this lowest ebb. Nigeria can never move forward with such stark and undeveloped minds like Bubu. This is more than a national embarrassment.

BluntBoy:

Developing yourself mentally has very little to do with going back to school. You could read books or newspapers. Abraham Lincoln was self-educated. The writer, Bernard Shaw was self-educated. Many gurus that we hear about today never went to school. Like Bernard Shaw said, he never learnt anything in school.

Creating wealth is not a pointer to political competence. Obama did not create wealth or jobs before he became governor and then president. Trump who created wealth and jobs is struggling with administration.

Buhari has added a lot of value in a short time. You may not be seeing them because you people view values differently from what it really is. We are on a rebuilding process so you cannot expect miracles.

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Daboomb: 6:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
Buharimustgo:
If only igbos will hold on to power in Nigeria for eight years hmmmmm,your guess is as good as mine

So, does Atiku expect Norhterners to rebuild their Mud houses when nothing happened to it during the war?

if l slap this Atiku, ehn?
Seems like his desperation to become President is making him go mad, sort of

Never, ever will Nigerians vote a fugitive like Atiku, for President. he can bank on that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by frankcris(m): 6:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
intruxive:

Lol, empty chest beating as usual, what hv the igbos built that makes their region still backwards
Rwanda had a genocide in 1994 now no country can come close to them in advancement in africa

Daft....How can you compare a "whole country" with just a tribe in another country.

Why not compare Rwanda or Ghana with Nigeria. Nonsense

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Daboomb: 6:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
ruggedized1:
I can't continue in this empty voyage of endless argument over Bubu. Everyone knows that Bubu is a disaster and was a single greatest mistake some Nigerians made to election a well known stark illiterate bigot as a president.

IPOB Terrorists wailing kwantinues!
grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Debra911(f): 6:40pm On Sep 25, 2017
okine4real:

The mistake you are making is, you are compairing a tribe to a country. German is a country, japan is a country, soutg korea is also a country. You said they all fough war, yes they fough war, but after they war they put there ass together and rebuild there econnomy, meaning they where in control of there resources. But in the case of Biafra, we had nothing, we all had to go out of our region to hustle.am not here to brag sir, but the truth be told, after the civil war, the East was almost completely destroyed. But as at today nearly every young man that has a eastern blood in his/her vain has a building back in the village. Most of us fit know dey go school ohh, but with our hands, God dey bless. It doesnot hurt to appreciate people that are good. Learn to appreciate so that when God bless you, people sef go happy with you. Am not saying the east is better than the west or any other tribe, all am saying is give the Easterners three gbosa because dem try. One Love
True talk,some ppl will never say d truth because of d hatred dey av for Igbo's, but na dem sabi, best comment 4 mi today and i Iove ur point of argument.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Airtimex(m): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
lonelydora:
God bless you Atiku. Come to Akwa Etiti, Abiriba, Enugu, etc and see mansions. Even after giving our fathers £20 pounds each.

It shall not be well with Gowon, OBJ, IBB, Buhari, and co.

But, Atiku i won't still vote you shaa.

You represent well... grin

Awka Etiti...

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by okine4real: 6:52pm On Sep 25, 2017
TundeHashim:
Thank u so much. I love ur argument and I appreciate the perspective you're reasoning from. What prompted me to write that was is challenge to show him any "country" that was rebuilt after a disastrous war. While I agree with many of points, and frankly speaking, many igbo people have done well, at least, economically after the war. But all u want me is to give the igbos three gbosa coz they tried. Hmmmm...I'll give all successful igbos three billion gbosa for achieving success. The truth is they tried!

Thank you very much for your honest comment. You see Nairaland members are really getting things wrong. If you notice the way i put my writeup, i didnot insult you, i only tried making you see things from my angle without throwing insults at you, and to God be the glory, you joined my reasoning. As Nigerians, we might not really move forward if we have this hate for each other. The igbo hates the west, the igbo hates the North, the west hates the igbos, we must preach Love, with love, everybody Nigeria would move forward. Oga Seun needs to try and do something about this hate on Nairaland. On every tribe, before 10 person comment, the tgread would be derailed into a tribal war. Oga Seun pls do something. Am not a fan that comments on Nairaland, one of the reasons is because, its seams we have alot of people here that prefair to insult than to politely pass a message. Even is someone doesnot support your views, insulting the person must not be of making the person see things from your view. you once again. One Love Nairalanders.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by TundeHashim(m): 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2017
perdollar:
Mr descending d earth wt chain, I believe u r blind n deaf if not u r brain dead.
I'm NOT blind, deaf or brain dead. While I understand that you do not have the intellectual capacity to make rational, objective and coherent argument without resorting to insult of my person. however, ill gladly appreciate if u could stop the ad hominem (u could ask ur teacher for the meaning of that, although doubt if he could ever know it, but ask still so u won't get it all jammed up) and stick to the argument.

u r comparing an era wen ur toad ancestors were using bow an arrow to kill each other to an era were one bomb can annihilate oduduwa and d whole of his descendants including there thatched huts or brown roof structures.
I've hit u at the weakest point and all u could do is resort to this. This is a perfect example of intellectual cowardice. I told u nothing is special about the igbos achieving success after a war and went ahead to give solid proofs of countries who achieved things igbos can never for the next 1000 years! But alas, u resorted to saying the afore quoted statement. What the fvck did the statement prove coz no discerning mind can see the need For such redundant statement. Hoping you'll throw light on it. And For ur information, I'm Pullo by paternal descent and Yoruba from my mum side. But I'll always take the Yoruba as my people. The day the entire Biafra economy is greater than South West economy or you people can produce an Entrepreneur greater Dangote or Adenuga, that's when i'll take u serious.

We Igbos r proud dt we r ahead of ndi Ife mmanu n abokis, if u don't like our progress go and die.
Loooool! The main issue I have with the likes of u is that you've got an overbloated ego and I'm out there to burst ur bubble..to humble u guys. What the fvck makes u greater than Northerners or Southwest people? We Northerners are the beginning and end of your political destiny, Master and Custodian of your political future. You can achieve nothing politically without coming through us, so tell me how you're ahead of us. Ohhh..Probably you mean we're the shepherd while you're the sheep. Though the sheep move ahead of the shepherd but he pulls the strings. I think that's the kinda relationship between us...While comparing yourselves to Yoruba people, that's a joke taking too far. until you produce a Sole Soyinka or an Adenuga or a Temi Osibanjo or...the names are too many to mention! Please dont let that thought ever cross ur mind again..people will start taking u as a clown...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by AmuDimpka: 6:57pm On Sep 25, 2017
I am from east and I haven't seen mud house in Anambra
Bobnotrouble:

This is obviously too pedestrian.
There are mud houses in all regions of this country. Not only the North.
One should not play to the gallery unnecessarily because of mere politics!
Lets cope with this ongoing epic restructuring ( War against corruption ) for now.
Unless if the heat of the war is on you one way or the other.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by deomelo: 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
lol @ ibo rebuilt. What exactly was rebuilt?

Abi no be neglect and marginalization we dey here left and right?

Politicians sabi gas and use ibo people for votes sha. grin grin

1 Like

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by dowjones(m): 7:02pm On Sep 25, 2017
This man makes too much sense
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by famology(m): 7:04pm On Sep 25, 2017
fidalgo19:
Strategies to get Igbo to vote for him
Igbos can't make anybody president of Nigeria.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by AmuDimpka: 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
But apart from Lagos which is federal developed ...no south west state is better than ways or even north

We repatriate our money and keep the hike economy to us
mpowa:

What will happen? Nigeria will become heaven? The governors from the east must be Yoruba/Hausa I guess.

2 Likes

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by ikoduduakpode(m): 7:07pm On Sep 25, 2017
atiku for president, this is a person with the heart of the nation, not Mr parasite.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by seniorkachion(m): 7:14pm On Sep 25, 2017
hilroy:

Have you heard of the tribe called Tutsi undecided

Yeye dey smell

Tutsi have always been in power both in Rwanda and Burundi.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by seniorkachion(m): 7:17pm On Sep 25, 2017
Ibime:

Go and check what Rwanda did within a few years. Comparing Igbo land to Rwanda is like comparing Enyimba to Barcelona. Don't let the backwardness of the North set low standards for you. Igbo land is very much underdeveloped and decrepit.

The Tutsi of Rwanda have always been in power. So they control all the national resources of their country.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by seniorkachion(m): 7:23pm On Sep 25, 2017
intruxive:

Lol, empty chest beating as usual, what hv the igbos built that makes their region still backwards
Rwanda had a genocide in 1994 now no country can come close to them in advancement in africa

The Tutsi of Rwanda lost 800000 souls, but they still retained political power and so can mobilise national resources to develop their region. Igbo didn't have that option.

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Splashme: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2017
BUHARI is a basta*d.
His ethnic and religious bigotry is so disgusting
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by billyG(m): 7:30pm On Sep 25, 2017
emmanuel529:

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/www.thecable.ng/atiku-igbo-rebuilt-region-war-mud-houses-still-north/amp
Atiku how many houses hav u built for yur pple?we also hav mud houses in d SE.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by perdollar(m): 7:32pm On Sep 25, 2017
TundeHashim:

I'm NOT blind, deaf or brain dead. While I understand that you do not have the intellectual capacity to make rational, objective and coherent argument without resorting to insult of my person. however, ill gladly appreciate if u could stop the ad hominem (u could ask ur teacher for the meaning of that, although doubt if he could ever know it, but ask still so u won't get it all jammed up) and stick to the argument.

I've hit u at the weakest point and all u could do is resort to this. This is a perfect example of intellectual cowardice. I told u nothing is special about the igbos achieving success after a war and went ahead to give solid proofs of countries who achieved things igbos can never for the next 1000 years! But alas, u resorted to saying the afore quoted statement. What the fvck did the statement prove coz no discerning mind can see the need For such redundant statement. Hoping you'll throw light on it. And For ur information, I'm Pullo by paternal descent and Yoruba from my mum side. But I'll always take the Yoruba as my people. The day the entire Biafra economy is greater than South West economy or you people can produce an Entrepreneur greater Dangote or Adenuga, that's when i'll take u serious.

Loooool! The main issue I have with the likes of u is that you've got an overbloated ego and I'm out there to burst ur bubble..to humble u guys. What the fvck makes u greater than Northerners or Southwest people? We Northerners are the beginning and end of your political destiny, Master and Custodian of your political future. You can achieve nothing politically without coming through us, so tell me how you're ahead of us. Ohhh..Probably you mean we're the shepherd while you're the sheep. Though the sheep move ahead of the shepherd but he pulls the strings. I think that's the kinda relationship between us...While comparing yourselves to Yoruba people, that's a joke taking too far. until you produce a Sole Soyinka or an Adenuga or a Temi Osibanjo or...the names are too many to mention! Please dont let that thought ever cross ur mind again..people will start taking u as a clown...
Mr pullo or mr Fulani d encyclopedia, nairaland is too local for u to start sounding intelligent, don't b a local champion. ur frustrated attempt to blacken ur nemesis wt here say should b don d way of d intellectuals. reference ur findings or remain sounding to urself like an intelligent modibo yl in real fact u no not even d basics

3 Likes

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by janykute: 7:36pm On Sep 25, 2017
plaetton:

Comprehension, comprehension. undecided

Try to understand a post before you rush to attack it.

Igbo and Igboland are a particular ethnic people in a particular region of a country called Nigeria.
Rwanda, on the other hand, is a Country of many ethnic peoples.

Whereas the entire country of Rwanda was engulfed in Civil war, the small region of Igboland was attached by all sides of the Nigerian state for 3 solid years. Lives, infrastructure and economy in Igboland were destroyed in that particular region only, and not in any other parts.

The point of the Op is that despite such great disadvantage, and with NOOOOO federal reconstruction plans, the Igbo people ,have over the years, regained their prominence, and even surpassed all other regions not affected by the war in the areas of commerce, business enterprise, middle class penetration, home ownership, and in fact, every index of well being and progress.

Now, trying to downplay the magnificence of such a feat by comparing it to Rwanda, a country that used her STATE RESOURCES for national reconstruction, smacks of Bad Belle, Sour Grapes. undecided
You must be a teacher,but the problem is if their jealousy will allow them to understand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Diso60090(m): 7:38pm On Sep 25, 2017
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by mightyhazel: 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
softmind24:
atiku

I hope igbo people won't fall mugu for this cheap trick
u mean d way yor0bas fell for buhari scam?
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by hokafor(m): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2017
Oga atiku this your format is super, the new slogan is restructure.believe any Nigeria politician at your own peril.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by mightyhazel: 7:46pm On Sep 25, 2017
alexistaiwo:
O boy see wack and lame toasting line
My people from the east if you like
Fall for the cheap trick
Who is this one trying to deceive.
All na for 2019 grin
if y0robas cam fall for buhgari scam... why shd igbos be stampeded against dd 'scam?
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
anonymuz:
Atiku just want to be relevant in politics just because of 2019. Believe me some gullible people will still vote for him because of N1000. I pray sense fall on them

People voted the President Buhari for free sir.
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by ThinkWISELY(m): 7:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
expialidocious:
Struck down but not destroyed. Show me a Nation which recovered as quickly as the Igbos after 3 years of attempted genocide... Igbos had to start afresh, forfeiting properties acquired all over the country while the ones back at home were destroyed... But today, it has been restored in thousand folds.
So tell me, why wouldn't they be jealous??

Those comparing Igbos and Rwanda, This is my answer:
The war was fought on SE/SS soil, Your region was virtually unaffected. You should be miles ahead of us in terms of economic growth, yi should be like China.... Mtcheew
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by 2sexyus: 8:08pm On Sep 25, 2017
Bede2u:
Atiku don dey famz us o. Igbo today igbo tomorrow. Unto election? Well if i voted for GEJ in 2011 and Buhari in 2015 (two pple who turned out to be disasters), i might as well dash this morafuka my vote in 2019. I believe one day somebody will save nigeria. See Turkey... a nonsense country b4 now enjoys one of the highest standarďs of living in the world all within the space of 20yrs because of visionary leadership.

Well at least even if Atiku doesnt turn Nigeria around, he would at least have many Igbos in his govt. Not a bad thing if u ask me.

Atiku 2019 it is. Let the criminal lead make we rest

Rubbish talk
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by emmyN(m): 8:13pm On Sep 25, 2017
Atiku paying his cards well
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by Arshavin02349(m): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2017
Foolish politicians.. Always have one last card to play.. Only a fool will vote for this corrupt bastard who looted Nigeria treasury with OBJ during there tenure....
Re: Atiku: Igbos Rebuilt Their Region After The War But North Still Has Mud Houses by amazingspiderma: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2017
Atiku is a thief,he is corrupt, he has wealth and most importantly he has got a certificate.

I will vote a thief, than vote a tyrant.
My choices are limited, but so help me God.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Photos Of Armed Robbers Intercepted By Buratai Convoy Along Numan-yola Road / Akwa Ibom Government Lodge In Lagos In Dilapidated State. Photos / Go Home And Stop Your Hopeless Agitation’, Igbokwe Tells Nnamdi Kanu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.