Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,025 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:06 AM

Poultry Farming - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Poultry Farming (8860 Views)

Fish Farming Or Poultry Farming. / Poultry Farming: A Money Spinner! / Reasons Why Most Nigerians Fail In Poultry Farming Business (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Poultry Farming by feyisan: 12:26am On Feb 17, 2007
I am interested in large scale poultry farming in either Ogun Or Lagos State.
Ideas and tips on all I will need to start e.g farm land, cost and other government requirements.

Expecting to hear from good people of Nairaland.

Thanking you in anticipation of your valuable information.

Feyisan.
Re: Poultry Farming by amabobo: 2:47am On Jun 12, 2008
i want to start my own poultry farm in 9ja too
can any body help us ?

thanks
Re: Poultry Farming by babakuns: 4:07pm On Jun 26, 2008
start with let say 200 cockrel to get full tips on how to keep fowl when you succeded then go for layers, this is neccessary because cockrel is stronger than layers
all the best
Re: Poultry Farming by amabobo: 5:59pm On Jul 03, 2008
Thanks do u have tips to how to start a poultry or anybody u can direct us to.

Thanks
Re: Poultry Farming by luckyme9(f): 4:57am On Jul 17, 2008
Hey, it depends on when and how much cash you have on hand. If you are abroad and planning for the future, I'll suggest you start sending home some nice poultry equipments that you can get from different auctions and wesites. Buy your land in some remote but accessible area, buy about an acre which is about six plot. Start fencing it. Get your layout of where you want to start now and leave room for expasion in the future. Start with what ever type of chiken have longer life and can yield you most eggs. If you are home or abroad, you can always research on the internet. There always an e-course on almost any type of business you can imagine, if you are abroad, you might have a better chance of getting one of those and pay with a credit or check card. They always have 1-800 numbers to call for follow up.
Don't wonder, I'm also looking into this business and these is all I've found out so far.
If you leave me your info, I can foward you more as I explore more. Cheers
Re: Poultry Farming by gbegbs: 6:06pm On Sep 03, 2008
i guess dat make me not be d only 1 lookn into this . well lukyme9 great info u gave there . i already started on some of d info u gave and here is my email in case u want to forward anything as u said gbeleye@yahoo.com. thank and will keep in touch . wink
Re: Poultry Farming by amabobo: 6:19pm On Jan 18, 2009
luckyme9 thanks 4 u r advice .here is my email amabobo141@yahoo.com we can be sharing info and tips on how to start.

thanks cool
Re: Poultry Farming by iapiafi(m): 3:21pm On Jan 26, 2009
b
Re: Poultry Farming by sonety2k(m): 6:26pm On Feb 04, 2009
@luckyme9
I MIGHT BE INTRESTED IN THE BUSINESS IN THE NEAREST FUTURE , PLS IF YOU HAVE ANY NEW INFORMATION , KINDLY FORWARD IT TO MY MAIL BOX , sonety2k@yahoo.com

thanks
Re: Poultry Farming by Muyi002(m): 2:57pm On Oct 05, 2009
please i am fully interested in this business and would like to be given full information about it. i have got N500,000 to start with and i dont know how to go about it. kindly assist me with info to muyi_akanbi@yahoo.com. thank you
Re: Poultry Farming by distinct00: 10:02am On Oct 29, 2009
HELLO I AM INTRESTED IN ANY MATERIAL YOU HAVE ABOUT THIS BLACKASE2003"YAHOO.COM
Re: Poultry Farming by Adenex3051(m): 2:41pm On Oct 30, 2009
Hi.
     Poultry farming is a lucrative bussiness,eapecailly if combined with fish farming,but needs careful management. That is why I will advise you to seek sound professional advice before going into the bussiness.I am an expert in that area and can give you tip that can turn your farm into a multi-million Naira bussiness.You can reach me on 08030511847 and awolereyinka4eva@yahoo.com
     My name is Awolere Yinka and can confidently say Iwas born into the bussiness.I will be expecting your call or mail.
                                                                Yinka Awolere
Re: Poultry Farming by jatwill(m): 4:29pm On Mar 27, 2010
i am also intrested, i have just started building the poultry but don't have much ideas. i will like to also know what is the feathers use for, any contrubution will help.
thanks
e-maill: douglasjat@yahoo.com
Re: Poultry Farming by Nobody: 10:37pm On Oct 24, 2010
we need a pro here pls check this site i just found this: http://www.adamore-ltd.com/poultry.htm
Re: Poultry Farming by ayodele123(m): 12:24pm On Nov 29, 2010
Take note that though poultry farming is lucrative,many have burnt their fingers in the business.

Alwayz acquire the knowledge before jumping into it.

Visit www.johnayodele. for free details about the business and how to succeed in it.
Re: Poultry Farming by onoerime: 10:45am On Mar 30, 2011
we can help you set up your poultry farm while you do the financing. poultry farming is very lucrative if know how to go about it. but if you are scared because you do not have the feasibility of handling one then we help you with our experts who will guide you from day one until your birds are fully grown for two weeks where you can now handle them yourself. meanwhile you can get the manual and start reading before you ever venture into poultry farming.visit http://poultrytech..com or call 018237636
Re: Poultry Farming by Thethy(m): 4:42am On Jun 22, 2011
Re: Poultry Farming by zogo(m): 1:19pm On Jun 22, 2011
GIVE SNAIL FARMING A TRY THIS RAINY SEASON

DO YOU WANT SOMETHING YOU CAN DO ON PART TIME BASES AND GENERATE REAL INCOME RIGHT FROM YOUR BACK YARD? WELL IF YOUR ANSWER IS YES, THEN TRY SNAIL FARMING.

The Best time to go into Heliculture (Snail Farming) is the Rainy season because snails will naturally do well in moist and cold temperature than hot/dry season. All you need to know about Heliculture is compilled in our practical SNAIL FARMING e-book, in A-DO-IT-YOURSELF-GUIDE. You can learn from our experience. See details here and take action today. www.snailfarmingng..com

I will see you @ the top!

Re: Poultry Farming by Nairaplus(m): 5:00pm On Jun 22, 2011
You guys have got a nice collection of posts and replies here for someone who wishes to venture into poultry farming. Keep up the good work.
Re: Poultry Farming by davmor(m): 2:25pm On Aug 10, 2011
I am so glad for this topic on Poultry and I am interested in the business. Please Luckyme9, here is my e-mail ID: davi_heroricman@yahoo.com, help me forward the tips for me. Thank you.
Re: Poultry Farming by kayoba: 6:40pm On Mar 25, 2012
Hello peeps,pls I need advice frm experience poultry farmers in d huz.pls I need an estimate for a penhouse that will accommodate 1500 layers at point of lay.I need to av an idea if my budget for it will be quite okay for it.tnx ppl
Re: Poultry Farming by davidzfarm(m): 3:26pm On Mar 26, 2012
for a deep litre system, 3 birds should occupy 1sqm. you can do your calculation further,
Re: Poultry Farming by sojjy03: 3:45pm On Mar 26, 2012
If you will like to see a REAL snail farm in LAGOS and also learn the Know-how, just contact me on sojday@yahoo.com. It is exciting to see the snails in there natural habitat. A call to 08038085478 will not be a bad idea.
Re: Poultry Farming by qauzeem(m): 9:40am On Apr 08, 2012
Am a experience parson in poultry financial management for about 10yrs. We do give people on management and contraint in poultry buz.
E.mail. kazzzy4meu@yahoo.com
Re: Poultry Farming by gemini35(m): 12:02am On Aug 08, 2012
for poultry owners we hv weath chaf, from prima dufil indomie company from choba portharcourt,pay at the loading point, pm me 07037260442
harmony28k@yahoo.com
Re: Poultry Farming by okitejoseph: 10:40am On Dec 01, 2020
atsydouygihg

(1) (Reply)

Want To Start A Cassava Farm While In Schl.....need Professional Advice / Installation Of Fully Automated Garri Processing Machinery At Owode, Ogun State. / The Big Difference Between Nigeria's Palm Oil AND Malaysia's Palm Oil

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.