Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,706 members, 7,816,895 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:41 PM

What Does God Do When You Give Up? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Does God Do When You Give Up? (562 Views)

"Did Jesus Raise Himself From The Grave Or Did God Do It?" / Did Atheists Saw In The Spiritual To Be Very Sure That God Do Not Exist? / Does God Truly Hate Masturbation? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Does God Do When You Give Up? by lordMac80(m): 9:50pm On Sep 25, 2017
Does he handle our emotions- He gave them to us right? Our Anger, doubt, fear, questions, grief and even complains.

Job 7 vs 11 TEV
“I can't be quiet! I am angry and bitter. I have to speak.”

Previously, the answer to the problem of God feeling distant was to spend more time in prayer and reading the Bible. If you feel distant from God, the saying went, guess who moved? Well this time I get the feeling that God had done the moving.

Why does reading the Bible seem like it is harming my faith more than it was helping and even prayer is becoming more of a problem than a solution .

Previously, spending more time in prayer made me feel closer, Now, however, I find myself shortening prayer sessions, lest I do more damage to my faith. The longer I am praying, the more I feel like I am talking to the ceiling or myself.

Many a times, I am like, OK God, I have had enough, when are you going to stop pouring it on.!? If you can't take better care of us, why should we bother following you? I QUIT.
But then again, I am crying and begging him to not leave me, to help and then after like a mood swing I am like No he is not listening. We are afterall not equal in his sight, he is got preferences.

Forgive me people, I know I am complaining too much, But this feeling. THIS FEELING. Wouldn't he just say something, just anything at all. He speaks right? I just need to feel him somehow, you know what I mean, don't you?
You know how you feel when you talk to a friend about a thing and the relieve that follows? Then how much more a father but why wouldn't he just say something or do something. Just a conviction somehow. I wish you understand what I mean. You do right?
You do understand what I mean somehow right? Yes you do. Then Why God wouldn't just budge you know.
I am not sure what to say no more.
How else do you pray?
Re: What Does God Do When You Give Up? by hopefulLandlord: 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2017
Here are my thoughts on prayer. I'll compare how the Christian god acts regarding prayer with how a potential friend might ask.
Let's say I contact a friend and tell her that I need some help doing something; I send an email, make a call, and she never gets back to me, not "Yes" not "No" not "maybe." I'd consider that pretty inconsiderate, though if she was particularly busy I might let it pass. If I ran into her and she said "well, I was going to help you, but I wanted you to stress out, send a few more emails and be more obsequious" I think I'd find a new friend.

None of my friends treat me like this. But this is basically how the Christian god operates.
Some people say that this is the wrong way to look at prayer, and it's like a *conversation.* But conversations require actual communication. Sitting around silently *feeling the presence* or someone or something isn't adequate communication by my standards. Even distant acquaintances do better than the Christian god seems to do here.

So, maybe it's all wrong, and the *only right prayer* is to just tell god "Your way, not my way, I SUBMIT I SUBMIT!" Wow, what a *deep, profound relationship.* It's about the same relationship you would have with a nutcase holding a gun to your head.

All said, remote acquaintances seem to provide a lot more meaningful contact than gods do through prayers.

2 Likes

Re: What Does God Do When You Give Up? by Hier(m): 10:00pm On Sep 25, 2017
feed your faith bro, I have experienced all this before, and it kept reoccurring, pray for a fresh baptism of the Holy Ghost, the spirit quickeneth, the flesh profiteth nothing

John 6:63 It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life.

www.nairaland.com/3942302/share-testimony-holy-ghost-baptism
Re: What Does God Do When You Give Up? by obisco4u: 9:23pm On Sep 26, 2017
hopefulLandlord:
Here are my thoughts on prayer. I'll compare how the Christian god acts regarding prayer with how a potential friend might ask.
Let's say I contact a friend and tell her that I need some help doing something; I send an email, make a call, and she never gets back to me, not "Yes" not "No" not "maybe." I'd consider that pretty inconsiderate, though if she was particularly busy I might let it pass. If I ran into her and she said "well, I was going to help you, but I wanted you to stress out, send a few more emails and be more obsequious" I think I'd find a new friend.

None of my friends treat me like this. But this is basically how the Christian god operates.
Some people say that this is the wrong way to look at prayer, and it's like a *conversation.* But conversations require actual communication. Sitting around silently *feeling the presence* or someone or something isn't adequate communication by my standards. Even distant acquaintances do better than the Christian god seems to do here.

So, maybe it's all wrong, and the *only right prayer* is to just tell god "Your way, not my way, I SUBMIT I SUBMIT!" Wow, what a *deep, profound relationship.* It's about the same relationship you would have with a nutcase holding a gun to your head.

All said, remote acquaintances seem to provide a lot more meaningful contact than gods do through prayers.

Wonderful. I couldn't have put it in a better way.

(1) (Reply)

5 Weird Twitter Handle On Twitter / Texas Mall Opens With Large Ten Commandments Statue Inside / Attack On The Church – Let's Balance The Reports

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.