Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:16 AM

Need Advice! Married People Please Come In!! - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Need Advice! Married People Please Come In!! (670 Views)

Where Are My Hausa Speaking Nairalanders? Please Come In Let's Have A Talk. / All Igbo's Please Come In , This Is Really Serious / The Pioneers Of The New Era, Please Come Close To Lifechanyuan! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Need Advice! Married People Please Come In!! by Daewoods(m): 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
I'm Igbo planning on getting married to an Igbo lady, I live in a state far and different from her and her parents state of residence. Both not being our states of origin though.
Want to know if I can get marriage list from her father before D-Day, then do introduction, and bride price paying/marriage ceremony on the same day, in their state of residence, without going to their village/state of origin, despite knowing most igbos do so on different occasions.
All as a result of cost, time and distance involved.
Has anyone done so or something similar? Please kindly assist with your experience
Re: Need Advice! Married People Please Come In!! by charleff512(m): 12:13am On Sep 26, 2017
Daewoods:
I'm Igbo planning on getting married to an Igbo lady, I live in a state far and different from her and her parents state of residence. Both not being our states of origin though.
Want to know if I can get marriage list from her father before D-Day, then do introduction, and bride price paying/marriage ceremony on the same day, in their state of residence, without going to their village/state of origin, despite knowing most igbos do so on different occasions.
All as a result of cost, time and distance involved.
Has anyone done so or something similar? Please kindly assist with your experience
The Decision To Perform The Marriage Rites In The State Of Residence Depends Solely On The Parents And Their Cultural Beliefs
Re: Need Advice! Married People Please Come In!! by Daewoods(m): 5:31am On Sep 26, 2017
Re: Need Advice! Married People Please Come In!! by Daewoods(m): 8:09am On Mar 07, 2019
Re: Need Advice! Married People Please Come In!! by Daewoods(m): 12:50pm On Mar 07, 2019

(1) (Reply)

What is The Meaning Of This Phenomenom? / @ Fulaman , What Is Your Opinion About Not Knowing How To Speak Your Native Lang / y Don't We Have More northerners In Other Parts Of Nigeria Like In Lagos And Ph

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.