Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,304 members, 7,829,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:55 AM

Project Delta State! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Project Delta State! (2214 Views)

Pat Utomi To Run As Delta State Gov In 2015 / The Good, Bad And Ugly Of Uduaghan: Pictures Of Ongoing Project In Delta State / Police Respond Swiftly To Robbery Attack at Onitsha Road, Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 2:23am On Feb 17, 2007
Fellow Nigerian,

I wish to introduce to you a new Project, an on-going project called "Project Delta State".

Project Delta State is another phase of project, Another great project amongst the great projects that Princess Alice Ukoko has executed.

Maybe you are not that familiar with the name, Maybe the name sounds strange to you, but I will say abroad, in UK, and US respectively, is a great name, and well known. She is the founder and chief executive offiver of "Women of Africa" a charity (NGO) registered in the UK for the support of the African Community in the UK and in Africa.

She has been a campaigner for the human and political rights of Nigerians since 1994.

And now in Delta State, with the commencement of thie project, every programme shall have elements of skills acquisition and quality job creation scheme to reduce high rate of unemployment throughout the State to as low as reasonably practiccable.

The Empowerment of Deltans and resident non-Deltans for the attainment of their individual life expectations is the key to sustainable peace, socio-economic of Delta State.

I believe with her previous records abroad, Alice Ukoko's government shall be committed to the creation of an environment CONDUCIVE for sustainabe growth, in line with UN Millenium Development Goals.

Delta State belongs to all Deltans; Let us join hands to build a 21st Century Delta State of our collective DREAM.

Let us vote Princess Alice Ukoko for Governor, Delta State.

For more on Alice Ukoko, please visit;
www.aliceukoko.org , www.womenofafrika.org

God bless my Country Nigeria!

Regards,

Segoye2
(Web Content Developer)
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 2:39am On Feb 17, 2007
The right of citizens to petition their government is basic to our democratic way of life.  The manner in which you have been treated by the present government demonstrates the need for Princess Alice Ukoko to become politically involved.  They have shown you no respect or willingness to work with your elected representatives on matters of importance to the men and women who put their lives on the line daily for the citizens of this community.  This will be overcome through Princess Alice Ukoko involvement in the political process.

She have cultivated political friendships and a strong political base in our city and abroad. She have a strong alliance with various groups who are working towards changing the political face of Delta State and Niger Delta as a whole.  It will not happen overnight, but it will happen and yourself  will be a big part of it. 

During our Collective Bargaining campaign, She formed relationships with other politically oriented groups who believe in her and our right to have an equal voice and benefits.  They stand ready to help again if she is forced to go into another election on that matter.

You can join our team of Project Delta state by mailing your details to:  segoye22@yahoo.com
Re: Project Delta State! by lewa(m): 3:19am On Feb 17, 2007
Dear Nigerian Freedom Fighters
Hmm!War don start?MEND don win civil war at last(me talking to meself o)
Maybe you are not that familiar with the name, Maybe the name sounds strange to you, but I will say abroad, in UK, and US respectively, is a great name, and well known. She is the founder and chief executive offiver of "Women of Africa" a charity (NGO) registered in the UK for the support of the African Community in the UK and in Africa.
Neva hia auntie name o!U talk true e strange true true!
She has been a campaigner for the human and political rights of Nigerians since 1994.

And now in Delta State, with the commencement of thie project, every programme shall have elements of skills acquisition and quality job creation scheme to reduce high rate of unemployment throughout the State to as low as reasonably practiccable.

The Empowerment of Deltans and resident non-Deltans for the attainment of their individual life expectations is the key to sustainable peace, socio-economic of Delta State.

I believe with her previous records abroad, Alice Ukoko's government shall be committed to the creation of an environment CONDUCIVE for sustainabe growth, in line with UN Millenium Development Goals.

Delta State belongs to all Deltans; Let us join hands to build a 21st Century Delta State of our collective DREAM.

Let us vote Princess Alice Ukoko for Governor, Delta State.

God bless my Country Nigeria
Segoye,do-o! wetin happen to IBB talk!Dis una talk surprise me no be small-the english sef strong-human rights, development,growth, sustenable peace and empowerment!Kai!U try!
Re: Project Delta State! by lewa(m): 3:21am On Feb 17, 2007
The right of citizens to petition their government is basic to our democratic way of life. The manner in which you have been treated by the present government demonstrates the need for Princess Alice Ukoko to become politically involved. They have shown you no respect or willingness to work with your elected representatives on matters of importance to the men and women who put their lives on the line daily for the citizens of this community. This will be overcome through Princess Alice Ukoko involvement in the political process.

She have cultivated political friendships and a strong political base in our city and abroad. She have a strong alliance with various groups who are working towards changing the political face of Delta State and Niger Delta as a whole. It will not happen overnight, but it will happen and yourself will be a big part of it.

During our Collective Bargaining campaign, She formed relationships with other politically oriented groups who believe in her and our right to have an equal voice and benefits. They stand ready to help again if she is forced to go into another election on that matter.

You can join our team of Project Delta state by mailing your details to: segoye22@yahoo.com

Hmm!Which party auntie de!May we know sharp sharp!Cos all hands suppose de deck
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 3:19pm On Feb 17, 2007
Lewa,

Are you saying am one of the Niger Delta Militants?

As in, I will really need you to clerify your or throw more light to your hard jokes.

It sounds funny, but, I won't laught because is insultive not only to me as a person, but to Princess Alice Ukoko and the entire Delta State.

Your views are great,  so make them great as they come and not distructive!
Re: Project Delta State! by BigB11(m): 5:52pm On Feb 17, 2007
@Segoye2:

Long time no hear from you, how you dey?

Well, this is a better and reliable alternative method to send message to the Fed; from your post, I think Princess Alice Ukoko is unique and a special entity.

You got my support and I will spread the word.

FYI: Expect hopeless dead heads from the other side of the sea (I call them white man slaves) to criticize this new development, but stay focused, the clever ones will make good use of the information.
I will also tap more positive information about Princess Alice Ukoko from reliable source and let the world know.

Enjoy the weekend.
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 9:09pm On Feb 18, 2007
@ BIg B1,

Brother, I dey fine. I traveled out of the state and just got back not quite long. I saw all your threads and they are really great!. Keep up the good works.

What do you think about LEWA and all his naughty jokes?

Thanks for your words and support.

@ Lewa,

I still find it hard to believe you can call Princess Alice Ukoko a MEND member while you are still yet to know her or the party she's standing for. I count if a JOKE, but is an expensive and distructive one too.

If you want to know more about her, use google search and you will get more informations.

@ All,

Lets stand for Project Delta State, lets stand for Princess Alice Ukoko, for governor, Delta State.

All comments welcomed.

Check this links:
http://www.colourfulnetwork.net/print/?i=1582&c=News&n=bbo&a=print
Re: Project Delta State! by lewa(m): 10:39pm On Feb 18, 2007
Lewa,

Are you saying am one of the Niger Delta Militants?

As in, I will really need you to clerify your or throw more light to your hard jokes.

It sounds funny, but, I won't laught because is insultive not only to me as a person, but to Princess Alice Ukoko and the entire Delta State.

Your views are great, so make them great as they come and not distructive!
Segoye,where have i called you a militant?Please desit from making obviously untue statements!Your post started with
Dear Nigerian Freedom Fighters
and my poor self was wondering what war/struggle warranted the use of the phrase!.My response was just harmless fun!
It sounds funny, but, I won't laught because is insultive not only to me as a person, but to Princess Alice Ukoko and the entire Delta State
If you indeed took me out of context as you did,then your above quote surmises that!I have nothing but the best regards for the Princess,her pet project
and the good people of Delta State!
@ Lewa,

I still find it hard to believe you can call Princess Alice Ukoko a MEND member while you are still yet to know her or the party she's standing for. I count if a JOKE, but is an expensive and distructive one too.
I did ask for her platform and there's no where i refered to her as a MEND member!Please don't quote me out of context!
Re: Project Delta State! by lewa(m): 10:46pm On Feb 18, 2007
To who it concerns.
Airhead!Dubious,deviant,deluded,duplicious,bogus, canting,debased creature!Chivy skunk!
Re: Project Delta State! by BigB11(m): 12:35am On Feb 19, 2007
Sogeye2

What's up brother? It's really nice to hear from you.
I just wanted to let you know that I'm currently working on getting more familiar with Princess Alice Ukoko and so far I must admit that she's wonderful and I admire all her magnificent accomplishments.
You will hear from me soon.   

What do you think about LEWA and all his naughty jokes?

On this note, I've decided not to further entertain this dude; he's very judgmental, disrespectful, disgustingly unclean and I've advised him to go blow away his white boss with his imbecilic vocabularies.

Trust me, do not waste your time exchanging words with this alarmist; it is what it is, he can't help himself.
Re: Project Delta State! by lewa(m): 4:57am On Feb 19, 2007
On this note, I've decided not to further entertain this dude; he's very judgmental, disrespectful, disgustingly unclean and I've advised him to go blow away his white boss with his imbecilic vocabularies.

Trust me, do not waste your time exchanging words with this alarmist; it is what it is, he can't help himself.

Imp!Big empty words though!You do come across as i have on numerous occassions told you of your petty,ignorant,uncivil,rabble manic rants!At least i have a white boss and i work, i was not raised on other people's patrimony,their futures were not mortgaged to raise a failed,frustrated,classless,cheap jobber!
Bigot!Moronic in-bred chimp!I have told you this is the www not your nameless village,where unfortunately the ignorance foisted by your forebearers on those poor folks has made you believe in your nomadic grandiosity!Pariah! In DECENT SOCIETIES, YOUR TYPE WOULD HAVE BEEN CONTAINED TO THE WASTE BINS!
Donkey,mindless lobotomised peasant
Re: Project Delta State! by Sijien(m): 10:56am On Feb 19, 2007
another thief
Re: Project Delta State! by LePhilippe(m): 11:45am On Feb 19, 2007
Awo see grammar wey prof dey yan! It's obvious that the author of thread, whose I cant remember, has no knowledge of pegin english or otherwise hasnt the slightest sense of humour! Poor Lewa was only tryin to crack a joke and he was pounced on like a lion seeking his prey!!!

Dont get me wrong I fully support this campaign and i am curious to know why is it called "Project Delta State"?
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 5:20pm On Feb 19, 2007
@ Lewa,

I still find it hard to understand your comments, maybe because it filled with grammer.
Am not pouncing at you Lewa as LePhilippe claimed. My point here is even if you really meant all this for a joke, is a kind of Insultive, I mean is the expensive type.

I will advice that instead of spending whole time searching google or other earch engines to produce an insult, such efforts could be used to make a whole lots of change.

Lets stop all the jokes because as you can see, is really expensive.  Maybe you can use your grammer to help us in building Project Delta State.

@ Big B1,

My brother,  thanks for the fast reply. I did a search work on her yesterday and got a PDF file of 30 pages. They are all great achievements of this humble woman this is yet to be fully known back home.

When I used the word freedom fighters, I don't really think what makes you a freedom fighter is the kidnapping and the fightings around, I meant fighting for your right by allowing someone to help you do that LEGALLY.

I hope not to exchange words with LEWA again. Even when am supposed to. Meanwhile his grammers are becoming more funny and meaningless.

@ All,

Project Delta State, is a project of total empowerment of Deltans and resident non-Deltants. And it has a well structured programme that will execute just to mention few:-

End child street trading.
Deal with the problem of street children and homeless young adults.
Place street children / young adults into family life and wider society as citizens with equal rights and opportunity.
Provide free education up to and including strategic courses at university level.
Provide free school meals to nursery, primary and secondary school children every school day to ensure they have atleast one balanced meal a day.
Provide free adult education and free educational materials to encourage and enable adaults to return to formal education. This is to reduce illiteracy level and empower the individual.
Ensure constant electricity supply throughout Delta State to facilitate economic, educational and social advancement.
The good health of the people of Delta State is paramount to sustainable development. Hence government shall encourage medical professionals to engage ways to facilitate the provision of affordable  primary health care throughout the state by 2011.
Government shall commission a world-class construction company that shall advice and lay the foundation of civilised central drainage system and infrastructure in Delta State to international standards.

Alice Ukoko has been a campaigner for the human and political rights of Nigerians since 1994

She is the founder and chief executive officer of "Women of Africa" a charity (NGO) registered in the UK for the support of the African community in the UK and in Africa.

Project Delta State, is a poject for a total freedom from poverty and lack.

I really welcome more comments!
Re: Project Delta State! by satan: 11:51pm On Feb 19, 2007
Lewa, I think you are really searching for recognition and position on nairaland and I still think is high time you get one.

But I still have an advice for you, you can meet with Mr. Seun for more informations on how to creat your own forum so that you could have your forum at LEWA.COM

You think you can speak Grammer? Well I will say no, you are an hungry man that need to be heard, go get some food and stop all your forum jagons.

Am not impressed with all those crazy english, it makes no sence!

@ Sijien,

WHO is the thief; Segoye2, Big B1 or Lewa?

@ Segoye2,

Don't you think this is another way of decieving people into voting for her? can she really do all this? Can a woman be the leader or delta state?
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 12:35am On Feb 20, 2007
@ All,

I believe with her previous achievements, she's going to govern well and Project Delta State is going to be the best ever, in the history of Nigeria.

Well I see no reason why or which makes it hard for a woman not to rule a state. We have great women like the president of Libaria, we have even back home here, a woman as the chairperson of Uvwie L.G.A
Re: Project Delta State! by satan: 1:21am On Feb 20, 2007
@ Lewa,

i thought we're insulting segoye2.
, I always know you to be a useless half-baked pile of pigeon droppings.
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 1:24am On Feb 20, 2007
@ All,

Lets get back to the topic please. I guess your time has come to help Delta State make a right choice.
Re: Project Delta State! by satan: 1:55am On Feb 20, 2007
@ Lewa,

I have read your posts and they are really disgusting. I still find it hard to believe what you take yourself for? So you can point which is a pet project and which is not?.

Nobody says that you are dumb. They just say you were sixteen years old before you learned how to wave good-bye. They say space is a dangerous place . . . especially if it's between your ears!.

The next time you shave, could you stand a little closer to the razor? When I look into your eyes, I see the back of your head and I bet your brain feels as good as new, seeing that you've never used it.

I will be expecting your usual naugty and meaningless English.

@ Segoye2,

I support the project if it will do all that you listed above, I believe it will be very good for a start.
Re: Project Delta State! by dagar: 2:15am On Feb 20, 2007
@ Segoye2,

I believe you are right, women can rule states just like men do.

But do you think the issue of kidnappings and the rest will stop even with a female leading the state? I still think is going to be very hard for her as a governor delta state.

I have been to delta state and the affected parts where government refused renovating and left the residents for sickness and hardship to take over them. I believe with the outline goals, it will help delta state realise more development!

But the Hustage taking is really giving me a sleepless night.

from me, Dagar
Re: Project Delta State! by LePhilippe(m): 1:37am On Feb 21, 2007
Insult upon insult, let's try not to divert from the topic. It's very serious!!
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 3:44pm On Feb 21, 2007
@ Leph,

Thanks for the comments.

Princess Alice Ukoko is the best choice we can make, I mean the best that could bring back all the glory of the Delta State.

Delta State has everything! But is held back by the government, We need someone who has been fighting for us, how has been in the war front fighting for human rights and creating funds for less priviledged nigerians abroad.

@ Lewa,

How are you doing today? Have you really found time to search more informations about Alice Ukoko? I expect to hear more comments from you.

@ Big B1,

Have you been to Delta State before? have you been to the our producing communities before, Don't you think Delta State needed someone that can really care? and provide for the programme

@ All, More comments please, it all affects us.
Re: Project Delta State! by LePhilippe(m): 10:50pm On Feb 22, 2007
I won't be surprised if this so called Princess Alice is a scam!! You can't really believe every thing you read!!
Re: Project Delta State! by satan: 5:34pm On Feb 24, 2007
Scam how? Can you throw more light?

How can we know if she's a scam?
Re: Project Delta State! by LePhilippe(m): 5:43pm On Feb 24, 2007
As in like any other nigerian politician!!
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 6:00pm On Feb 24, 2007
The democratic process needs stability because it’s only when it is stable that we will begin to enjoy its plethora of dividends.

Let me reiterate here that with all the hullabaloos in our democratic process, yet we have something to celebrate - that is two consecutive tenures without any interruption from the military. This is of course a landmark within the milieu of Nigeria’s political history.

It is well known that Nigeria has abundance of wealth, manpower, raw materials and spacious arable land. But where is the technology to justify the presence and usefulness of all that I mention above.

Nigeria as a nation needs overhauling by an expert ‘overhauler’. Let us not be deceived and get lost in the current political turbulence and hand over the mantle of our country’s leadership to persons who cannot deliver. We should strive not to undermine our power (voters power) for that’s our instrument of checkmating any fraudulent effort by any person or group of persons to rig elections. It is our duty and right to guard our votes and discourage money-politics. We have to fight for our independence ourselves.

We need Project Delta State to fight for our independence in the higher places of the government.

@ LePhilippe,

You already know all those representing now are scams? Do we still have few that are not scam? Can't we have someone that should not be scam?
Re: Project Delta State! by LePhilippe(m): 7:35pm On Feb 24, 2007
@ Segoye2

Thanks for clearing that up, sort off anyways.

Btw, how in the hell will one governor help Nigeria??

I mean take Donald Duke, He alone cannot pull back the remains of our once great Nation!
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 7:06pm On Feb 25, 2007
@ Lephil, ,
Well, I will say you have a point. But with more than one good representative, we can make a whole lots of change.

To think of it that a female worked tirelessly in Liberia to stop the war, and another female supported and backed by her fellow women and husband(s) became the first female president in Africa, not only as a remark but she's really pulling more changes in Liberia.

A female here in Nigeria helped in solving a long owed debt, though she left without much praise but her works are of great changes.

What am trying to say is that we can make a change even when we have just 1 good representative.

I believe Alice Ukoko has lots to offer. Coupled with her profession as a legal practitioner, I believe poverty and lack will be sentenced to finish.

Lets support Alice Ukoko, a mother can care better!
Re: Project Delta State! by satan: 9:20pm On Feb 25, 2007
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 10:46am On Feb 26, 2007
@ All,
With Project Delta State, Niger Delta Restiveness, the 97% absolute poverty rate will be nomore.

I hope to tell you more about the Niger Deltan and their plights. And with Project Delta State, all this will be beaten to history.

Lets stand for our right and am appealing to our friends at the other side of Project Delta State view to Help us repair Niger Delta's image within and abroad please. Every dictatorship would be over, crumbles in the end, but justice and truth triumph. Hence the people of Niger Delta needs your help now.

We will not forget our friends when we come out of this great evil period in the history of this region / country.

We promise.
Re: Project Delta State! by segoye2(m): 12:41pm On Feb 27, 2007
No Nigerian Government has ever taken an interest in the protection of the environment and lives of the people f the Niger Delta. Instead, governments have worked with the Oil Multinationals to repress the people through brutal force.

There are constant oil spillages due mainly to ageing pipes that are laid above ground under intense heat from the sun. there is inadequate or no maintenance of these pipes.

Rather than modernize operational mothods to protect lives and the environment, the Multinational Companies depend on their "hard line posture" claiming that oil spillages are occuring due to the people's sabotages and thereby refuse to clean up spillages and or, compensate communities affected.

Oil spillages have led to community fires that have claimed thousands of lives in the Niger Delta. No oil company has ever been charged with causing death through lack of care for the environment in furtherance of the Nigerian constitution. The Niger Delta therefore continues to represent a region populated by worthless peoples.

Fire from spillages have affected Ijala, Ifiekporo; Ekapkamre and Aja-etan communities of Delta State. In all the fires, the Nigerian Government and the oil multinationals remained indifferent to the dangers that their operations pose to the environment and lives in the Niger Delta.

In 1998, Jesse town in Delta State was destroyed by fire ignited by petrol leakage. over 1,000 lives were lost. While the horror of the disaster ws being watched by the world, the Nigerian Government was condemning the peope of the Niger Delta for stealing petrol. No one was compensated.

The people of Adedje (Oviri Court of Delta State) suffered the same fate when oil spillage led to the destruction of over 1,000 lives. While the fire was burning and lives being lost, the Nigerian Authority told the world in a radio interview that the people of the Niger Delta were being punished by God for stealing petrol.

The environmental destruction of our land resulting from 48 years of oil exploration has condemned our people to a life of degradation and starvation. Fishes have died and our agricultural land has been rendered infertile. The people wallow in hardship and great sense of insecurity. Death lurks at every corner for the ordinary people of the region. Life in the Niger Delta is constant fear from security forces positioned by the Government to secure oil production and their looting enterprise.

There is unreported high unemployment of youths, in fact, a high proportion of active members of the population are unemployed. This unemployment of activie mind and body is the root of the frustration that is being expirienced and expressed throughout the Niger Delta.

In particular, a significant proportion of the uneployed youths are graduates, who are forced to watch the revenue from oil and natural liquid gas being plundered while they wallow in poverty and a perpetual state of Hopelessness and Fraustration.

Youths' restiveness in the Niger Delta is a recent phenomenon, which is not isolated in present day Nigeria. Since independence, Nigeria has been through one emergency after another with successive goverments adopting military repression tactics rather than seek lasting solution to the many problems, which continue to threaten the unity of the country.

Although rich in crude oil and naturl gas, a large area of the region is made up of wetlaand, feshwater swamp forests, lowland rain forests and coastal sand ridge barriers. It has been suggested that about 75% of the Delta is reverine. Many Communities expirience "flooding" during the rainy seasons while others face constant fears of being swept into the sea.

Nigeria is a major crude oil producing with the bulk of the oil being produced by the Niger Delta region of the country. Officially, the region is believed to produce between 1.5 and 2 million barrels of crude oil every day.

Government can make anyone believe what they want to hear. But for the interest of all, maybe a visit to the region will proof to you that some negative comments by some readers here are really deceptive.

Oil represents over 90% of Nigeria's National revenue, meaning therefore, that the Niger Delta is a major revenue source for the entire country. With a growing increase in the price of crude oil in world market, it is therefore true to say that the Niger Delta is earning for Nigeria on average of US $18 billion every year.

The solution to all this restiveness has come. Project Delta State which is a project established by the Niger Deltan's for the total redemption and freedom from all this hardship.

With Project Delta State, Niger Delta Restiveness, the 97% absolute poverty rate will be no more.

I hope to tell you more about the Niger Deltan and their plights. And with Project Delta State, all this will be beaten to history.
Re: Project Delta State! by danchinedu(m): 6:36pm On Feb 28, 2007
@ Topic,

I believe Project Delta State is great. Madam Alice Ukoko need to be commended for all her good deeds / efforts.

God bless Niger Delta and save her from this great hardship.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Who Is Your Greatest Politician Of 2007! / The Approved Proposed States To Be Created / Gani's Burial Poster On The Streets Of Aba!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 94
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.