Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,290 members, 7,829,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:13 AM

Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power (13052 Views)

Southern Nigerian Governors Call For Devolution Of Powers / House Of Reps Approves Devolution Of Powers To States / Senate Rejects Devolution Of Powers To States (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by BabaRamota1980: 11:13am On Sep 26, 2017
jcmaiah:
They should be very careful before they are proscribed terrorist!

Who are you referring to?
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by BabaRamota1980: 11:21am On Sep 26, 2017
ZKOSOSO:
To these Caliphatic states, NDELTA Oil is in the Original copy of the Quran and littered the pages of Hadith of ancient!

It says...''O you who believe, Crude Oil wherever u find it is a sign of Allah to you, a bounty he reserved for the believers (AlMattakoon). So strife to keep it with whatever u can and never let the infidels lay their hands on it.''

grin grin

The Sharia Northerners indeed believe their dividends in Nigeria is a direct reward from God for their jihadism, and if they stopped pushing the jihad agenda God will bring about a catastrophic change and block their access to the wealth.

They are so radicalized to think God put them in position of power so muslims under Sharia can benefit from the oil in Delta. In other words, the oil belongs to God and God has chosen them as the direct beneficiaries and manager. This is the direct interpretation of "dipping the Quran in the sea".......whoever possesses the Quran posseses the sea.

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by attacker321: 11:24am On Sep 26, 2017
7lives:

Let us restructure the country, THOSE WHO asked for it don't even KNOW what they are asking for.

I think we should be very careful about this restructuring stuff. It might back fire if not well managed.
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by Vutseck(m): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2017
BluntBoy:

Which other tribe complains as much as the Igbos? You think Ojukwu or Kanu are fools for wanting more than the 5 South East states? No, because they know that the South East region would be nothing without the oil of the ND and of other vibrant oil producing states.

you are deviating from the topic which is restructuring

we understand your state generate humongous IGR and more viable than all eastern States

oya let's restructure

are you for yes or no

1 Like

Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by jaxxy(m): 11:56am On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=cascarino post=60839067][/quote]

This why i say restructuring has no clear definition and like obasanjo said early on many people and regions have divergent views/definition of restructuring so attempting to restructure this country is not as simple and straightforward as people think and probably impossible.
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by RichyRoma: 12:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=cascarino post=60839067][/quote]Thank you very much, you just took the words from my mouth, they are just masturbating on revenue sharing. What they need to understand is that the whole SOUTH is keying into complete resource control, paying some percentages in form of tax to the federal government for defence, foreign affairs, immigration and Economy.
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by BabaRamota1980: 12:40pm On Sep 26, 2017
jaxxy:

This why i say restructuring has no clear definition and like obasanjo said early on many people and regions have divergent views/definition of restructuring so attempting to restructure this country is not as simple and straightforward as people think and probably impossible.

Before you leave to go market you thought 1000 can get you one pan measure of gari. You got to market and the first seller tells you one pan measure is 5000 but if all you have is 1000 she can sell you small cup measure of gari. Small cup is one soak or one eba meal and thats it, but you have family.

What would you do?

There is something called "situational judgement", that is, using practical realities as a model for resolving challenging encounters. Most times people have the lessons to resolve a problem but because they fail to reflect, ponder, restrain....their impulse is always beckoning for recognition and approval, so they end up blurting out bullshyyte that irritates the ear.

My friend, whatever your moves will be with this gari seller to ensure your family is well fed at a reasonable cost, thats what the various interest groups involved in restructuring will end up doing.

It is possible.
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by azpekuliar: 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
aolawale025:

The restructuring the north is proposing here is just a review of revenue allocation formula

LOLZ... cheesy
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by otosa(m): 1:12pm On Sep 26, 2017
[quote author=cascarino post=60839067][/quote] just let's wait and see. I know the way the Southern will appear to them this time around they wouldn't expect it. While the Souther(s) are talking about the collective effort of all the regions to National Development, they are busy on how to have more allocation from other region's resources. Capital NO. I think they need to set up some delegates to Canada and America to go and study about the true FEDERALISM and that its kind of restructuring we are talking about not formula sharing. If we really mean well for this nation every region most contribute to National development.
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by Nobody: 2:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
otosa:
To Sokoto State, the revenue allocation formula should be adjusted to give the Federal Government 43 per cent, states 35 per cent and local governments 23 per cent.

Kebbi State equally rejected creation of new states and bicameral legislature. It suggested that zoning should be on the basis of North and South.

Kebbi’s proposal on revenue sharing is Federal Government 40 per cent, states 40 per cent and local government areas 20 per cent. It is in support of devolution of power to states.
. Please I need somebody to tell me the kind of revenue they are talking about, hope is not oil money from another region they talking about. This time around every state/region most contribute for national development not to depend from other region resources.

I think what they mean is the sharing of each states contribution.

So each state will have a revenue board. 40% of the states revenue goes to the federal government, while the states keep the rest and share 23% among its local governments.

The other system ur talking about is d current system where we all go and share nigerias money.
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by 989900: 3:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Progress, we will get there.
Re: Restructuring: Sokoto, Kebbi, Zamfara Support Devolution Of Power by Origin(f): 10:07pm On Sep 27, 2017
Children that are still living in their father's houses should refrain from advising their father on how to spend on them.

States that really bring nothing in terms of tax revenue etc to the federal purse, really should not be talking.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

SERAP, 261 Others Sue NBC, Seek Overturn Of Fines On Channels, AIT, Arise TV / Police Reacts To Explosion At Coal Camp, Enugu / Ngige: My Neighbour And I Are Considering Suing NLC For Blocking My House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.