Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,655 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 (389 Views)

Deeper Life 160,000 Capacity Intl Centre; The Church Gives Updates - Pics / COVID-19: Daystar Christian Centre Won’t Reopen – Sam Adeyemi / Daystar Christian Centre Donates N10million To UNHCR Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Lifeway Christian Centre: The Word For Today! Tuesday, 26/09/2017 by niceluvsus(m): 8:13am On Sep 26, 2017
LIFEWAY CHRISTIAN CENTRE
#DAILY #DEVOTIONAL
THE WORD FOR TODAY!
TUESDAY, 26/09/2017

#TOPIC: FAILING FORWARD

#TEXT
Proverbs 24:16 (BBE) For an upright man, after falling seven times, will get up again: but trouble is the downfall of the evil.

Micah 7:8 (NRSV) Do not rejoice over me, O my enemy; when I fall, I shall rise; when I sit in darkness, the LORD will be a light to me.

#MESSAGE:
Failure is not your name, it is just an event. Because you have failed before does not mean you can succeed again. God can still use you again, decorate you even better than before. The God of the Bible is the God of the second chance, a God who prefers to mend rather than discard.

# Here is the message for you this morning; Stop holding on to your failures, you are not the first to fail God and humanity. Your failure doesn't determine your future, your heart does!

# Dear friend, do you know you can fail well? There is such a thing as “failing forward” by learning from what you have done wrong, repenting, and laying hold of God’s forgiveness. We can drown in guilt or we can swim back to shore helped by the incoming tide of God’s grace, that's a choice. For example, Elijah emerged from his failure a new man with a new mission (1 Kings 19:15-16). Peter was strengthened after his failure and set to work again by Christ (Luke 22:31-32). Our failures thankfully, do not tie God’s hands. God is a potter who works with mud and is able to take that which is marred and remake it into a thing of beauty (Jer. 18:1-6).

# Friends, failure is not final. Learn from what you have done wrong, repent and lay hold of God's forgiveness. Be wise just like the prodigal son in LK 15: 18:22, who realised his failure and took a step to approach the father, his failure was forgiven and he was restored, and he became useful again. Failure is not your name, is an event!

#PRAYER
Father, thank You for the love You have for me. Thank you for you are a God that mends and not discards. Thank You for giving me a second chance. I ask this morning that you restore me in Jesus mighty name. Amen!

(1) (Reply)

Track To Prosperity / Check Out My Piece For The Lord / Don’t Worry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.