Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,395 members, 7,815,851 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:27 PM

Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates (745 Views)

Gov. Candidate Begs Girl Who Refused To Stop Fasting After His Election Loss.PIC / You Don’t Deserve A Second Term, PDP Tells Buhari / "Why I Will Serve For Only One Term" - Buhari (Throwback Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates by Upritman(m): 12:53pm On Sep 26, 2017
Source: http://www.suanusblog.com/2017/09/anambra-guber-give-me-just-one-term-pdp.html

Ahead of the November 18 Governorship Election in Anambra State, South-East Nigeria, the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Mr. Oseloka Obaze has pleaded with electorates to be given just one term as He intends not to seek reelection thereafter.

He stated this yesterday in Lagos during an interactive session with some Journalists.
According to Him, his decision to serve just a term and leave, was to uphold the zoning principle in the state.
"I have said it, it is in my manifesto, I will serve only four years to complete the four years that was given to the North. Next year, I will be 63, I should be grooming young people to take over, I shouldn’t be running office, but you must hand over a solid foundation. If the foundation we handed over to Obiano and the resources we put in place and I don’t recall that there is any governor that has left office and left in the accounts, N75 billion as we did. If that were still in place, I probably wouldn’t have been here. It is because we laid the foundation for the young people to come in and take over and continue in that trajectory.” he said.

He also lambasted those claiming that he was foisted on the state by former Governor Peter Obi. He revealed that Obi as a good coach chose him because he believes in his political ability to secure the victory for the PDP.
“I have worked with Peter Obi; Peter Obi got into secondary school the year I was leaving, he is my junior. If he walks into this room he calls me senior, he has never addressed me by my first name. Throughout the time I worked for him as SSG, he has always addressed me as senior.
“Peter Obi is the leader of the party that has been out of power in the last 12 years in Anambra State, so why shouldn’t he fight to bring his party back to power? Look at this way, we watch European league, you have the best players in your team and you play 90 minutes and it is a draw. You go to the bench, you bring a substitute, he scores a goal and your team wins and everybody claps for the coach as the best tactical thing; consider Peter Obi the coach of PDP in Anambra State today, he wants his party back in power. He must put the best striker forward and I am that striker; he explained.

Re: Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates by michony505(m): 1:00pm On Sep 26, 2017
hmmm
Re: Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates by ruggedized1: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
Lies from Obaze and PDP.

Obiano has been so excellent in his performance and he has just 4yrs to go while Obaze has 8yrs. Anambra South shall vote Obiano so that they can take over in 4yrs time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates by Bayajidda1: 1:01pm On Sep 26, 2017
Re: Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates by GavelSlam: 1:20pm On Sep 26, 2017
So that when you get there you go begin change voice like Maxwell.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates by PureMe01: 2:31pm On Sep 26, 2017
four years of maximum embezzlement if we are to take his words for it.
Re: Anambra Guber: Give Me Just One Term, PDP Candidate Begs Electorates by Omeokachie: 3:55pm On Sep 26, 2017
Liar!

Even 'mister integrity' Buhari could not keep to that agreement. Ask Aisha Alhassan if in doubt.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Details Of 2017 Budget Bill Still Not Published / Maina’s Recall, Promotion: I Acted In Public Interest – Malami / Adebola Williams Among Speakers For Obama Foundation Inaugural Summit In Chicago

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.