Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,973 members, 7,821,407 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

A Set Of Short Stories For The Road - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Set Of Short Stories For The Road (492 Views)

Dominic Onyekachi Creates Digital Collection Of African Stories For Kids - CNN / 15 Popular Nigerian Websites To Post Their Stories For Free / A Kaleidoscope Of Short Stories. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Set Of Short Stories For The Road by MissMichelleA(f): 1:16pm On Sep 26, 2017
There were certain perks to having a younger brother who is closer to your age and is not a tattle tale, 17 year old Eno had come to agree. Certain incidents were easier to hide. She smiled as thought of this as she and her mum sat in the kitchen to gist about the wedding she had just come back from, her mother oblivious to what had gone down to retain the pristine state of this kitchen less than 10 minutes ago.
About 2 hours ago, she and her brother Edi who was two years younger than she was had been using the router at home on their individual laptops with the TV showing a Disney show in the background. Edi had just checked the rice he was cooking.
“There is still some water in it”, He said when he got back.
“Alright.”
http://amawritesonline..com/2017/09/partners-in-crime.html

1 Like

Re: A Set Of Short Stories For The Road by MissMichelleA(f): 6:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
THE DOUBLE MIXUP.

Hypothetically, there are about six people who bear an uncanny resemblance to you, six doppelgangers of you on earth. You must have likely heard or read that somewhere. Awesome right? Chika would probably have thought so too, until one fateful Saturday.

It had been a sunny Saturday afternoon. She was back on holiday in Nigeria. She was hanging out with a group of friends at the famous Ikeja City Mall and someone brought up the idea of playing a truth or dare game. It was all fun and games till Chika was dared by one of them to go into the Pep Store at the mall and steal any item of her choice.

She walked into the store while they stood outside waiting for her. Chika looked through a couple of displays wondering what she would pick. After looking for a while, in order not to look suspicious, she decided to settle for a pack of kiddies’ hairclips. It was risky thing to do. Her parents hadn’t raised her to be a thief and that was exactly what she was going to become if she succeeded.
She started thinking about what could happen if she got caught. Her palms had started sweating, beads of sweat were beginning to form on her forehead, her armpit was soaked but she didn’t want to chicken out at this point. The jeering would be too much for her to bear because she had made it sound like it was not a big deal. She picked the hairclips pack and picked a maxi dress to take into the dressing room to try on. The dress was an excuse to use the dressing room so that she could put the pack of clips into her bag. When she was done, she walked out of the dressing shaking her head as if she didn’t like it and started heading out the door.

She might have gotten away with it, if one of the sales attendants...
https://amawritesonline..com.ng/2017/05/the-double-mixup.html
Re: A Set Of Short Stories For The Road by MissMichelleA(f): 6:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
A Day Painted in Red.

It had been a pretty uneventful Sunday. People had gone to church and came back to continue revising their notes against the exams which were due to start the Tuesday of that week. It was expected that the evening would be uneventful as well. Boy, were the students of a certain University shocked. Exams were coming up later on in the week, everyone was so busy reading and the female hostel was much quieter than usual. Sheila was on her bed reading in preparation for her exams on Tuesday and then she heard it, the sound of girls shouting and footsteps of people running. It wasn’t an uncommon phenomena for girls to be overly dramatic and run around in her hostel, occasionally making some loud noise but at some point it got louder and louder...
https://amawritesonline..com.ng/2017/06/a-day-painted-in-red.html
Re: A Set Of Short Stories For The Road by MissMichelleA(f): 6:51pm On Sep 29, 2017
Bashful, Snow White and the Six Dwarfs

Heigh-ho everyone. My name’s Bashful. ‘Bashfulis a unique name’, you might say. Well, duh? It is unique because I am the only one Bashfulyou know. Yes! Bashful from Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs story. You know that dwarf that has a mad crush on Snow White and is completely smitten by her? Yeah that’s me. I don’t really like to call us dwarfs though, we’re more like tiny men. Guess what though guys? That story is actually not completely true. So, I decided to write the story from my own viewpoint. I mean there are usually different sides to a story right? Therefore I present to you *drum roll* Bashful’s Version of the story - the seven dwarfs part mostly though.
On that day we had found Snow White in our house, we had left the cottage in the morning singing our famous Heigh-ho song as usual as we headed out up to the mines in the mountains to dig for diamonds. We had dug quite a lot and found a whole lot of diamonds which we usually gave to Queen Delightful. After a long, tiring day’s job, we headed home. While we were marching home, singing the Heigh-ho song, I was already yawning, wondering how I was going to lay my bed and sleep off when I got home.
Now here’s the beginning of where it gets interesting...
Re: A Set Of Short Stories For The Road by MissMichelleA(f): 6:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Dark clouds were gathering, the sky was getting gloomy. It was threatening to rain. Oblivious to that, were a group of children within the ages of 3 to 5 years of age playing in the playground. Toyin’s 3 year old daughter, Zara short for Chizaraekpereanyi was among them. She looked up from the sand castle she was building with her friends and saw her mother looking at them.
“Mommy! Daddy! We’re building a sand castle.” She said excitedly.
“I can see that honey.” Toyin said smiling. Her husband, Uche, who was reading a magazine beside her smiled and gave her a thumbs up then continued reading his magazine.

Toyin knew she was meant to get her to adequate shelter before the rain started as the rain falling on her could become a problem for both of them but she didn’t have the heart to see the disappointment on Zara’s face as she dragged her from her friends. They were currently on a company-sponsored retreat at Epe Resort as a family and this was Zara’s first proper trip as a child. Zara was just learning how to relate with other kids especially since the first few years of her life had been rough and as such she was overprotected.
Toyin had had Zara after five years of waiting and insults from her husband’s mother...
https://amawritesonline..com.ng/2017/09/false-negative.html

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Poets And Poetess Voice Their Opinions On Independence. / I Want To Get A Novel But Cant Remember The Name Or Author / God Is Near Breathren.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.