Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,754 members, 7,813,484 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:53 PM

Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic (20804 Views)

See What A Mechanic Did To A Customer's Lexus SUV (pics/video) / Never Trust A Mechanic, My Experience With A Close One / I Want To Be A Mechanic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by lipopo(m): 7:11am On Sep 27, 2017
It is the panel beater that repairs exhaust system of the car, automechanic deals with the mechanical/electrical system of your car. The vin no of your car will give you the exact spare part specifications of the car. It is no brainer! So sorry about this.

1 Like

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by psalmson001: 7:11am On Sep 27, 2017
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 27, 2017
personalshopper:
it's my birthday��
so wat??!

2 Likes

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by 8stargeneral: 7:13am On Sep 27, 2017
U trusted him because u share d same faith and politics changes and he gave u change...no trust anyone
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by mbhs139(m): 7:18am On Sep 27, 2017
AutoReportNG:
Let's share our ordeal in hands of evil mechanices...

Lalasticlala

My experience is this. I called this guy, Hammed, to help replace my V6 engine plugs, because the car isn't firing properly, only for him to tell that the six 'TOKUNBO' plugs cost N4000.

Ok, no problem. I gave him the money plus N2,000 workmanship. Fast forward to later in the afternoon, a friend asked the whereabouts of my car and I narrated the aforesaid. Only for him to scream to high heaves about how can six plugs cost that much. Low and behold, he called his mechanic that he wanted the same thing I just paid for, and the total cost that one gave us was N1,400.

That was my experience in recent times. If I should start the one where my car spent more than two months with N140,000 spent and the same problem persists, we won't leave here.

2 Likes

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Ninilowo(m): 7:32am On Sep 27, 2017
It ll be so so difficult for some 'Kazeems" to make heaven actually.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by udumosam23(m): 7:34am On Sep 27, 2017
Only this? If i begin narrate stories of what i passed through in the hands of mechanics, tailors, doctors/pharmarcist, bankers self join the disappoint. You go cry for me.

Who is left out was it my teacher in secondary school or lecturers in the university? For you to feel this disappointed in a little matter as this in Nigeria, surely you no grow here.

Just yesterday i ask my wife to take my baby to a private hospital to find out what is wrong with her. They did a few diagnosis and came out with a name. She came back told me our child is suffering from upper respiratory track infection.

I asked what drug they gave her, she said they demanded 10k she didnt go with that much. I asked a doctor friend who told me not to be perturbed, it's just common cold found in children of that age.

So i was wondering why the big grammer if the doctor can simply mention common cold.

So you see madam, that's the way Nigeria is programmed. We think of nothing else than to extort each other.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by judgedredd22(m): 7:48am On Sep 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:
I book space for wrong place o! This is a mechanic bashing thread sad

Runs outa thread grin

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Ijaya123: 7:48am On Sep 27, 2017
Waiting for those brainless pigs & idiots to come blame Buhari for this.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by senboy204(m): 8:02am On Sep 27, 2017
Imagine, because of this you complaining, just last month a mechanic condemn my uncle's car engine just because he didn't tag him along when he went to get the car, we discover this after he got another engine for 350k, other mechanic at the workshop were so surprise and couldn't believe their eyes, they had to tell my uncle what the mechanic said that my uncle thought he is smart, going to get a car without tagging him along, that he will make him spend on the car so that next time he won't make the same mistake. After politicians fear mechanic.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by sunnyeinstein(m): 8:06am On Sep 27, 2017
senboy204:
Imagine, because of this you complaining, just last month a mechanic condemn my uncle's car engine just because he didn't tag him along when he went to get the car, we discover this after he got another engine for 350k, other mechanic at the workshop were so surprise and couldn't believe their eyes, they had to tell my uncle what the mechanic said that my uncle thought he is smart, going to get a car without tagging him along, that he will make him spend on the car so that next time he won't make the same mistake. After politicians fear mechanic.

shocked shocked shocked this one weak me ooo i swear. Hope the mecho do one night for cell sha, at least cry
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by JustCurious: 8:14am On Sep 27, 2017
lipopo:
It is the panel beater that repairs exhaust system of the car, automechanic deals with the mechanical/electrical system of your car. The vin no of your car will give you the exact spare part specifications of the car. It is no brainer. So sorry about this.

How does this work, please? The #VinNo stuff?
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by 9jatatafo(m): 8:18am On Sep 27, 2017
All mechanics are demons
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by aieromon(m): 8:20am On Sep 27, 2017
9jatatafo:
All mechanics are demons

Gazzuzz right now

7 Likes

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by NosaHenry(m): 8:23am On Sep 27, 2017
For her to be this shocked shows that she is new to vehicle repair business.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by newslifeop: 8:23am On Sep 27, 2017
Not only him
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by igbsam(m): 8:27am On Sep 27, 2017
There are some Mechanics you don't just get close to. Especially the ones that live close to your house.

They have evil intentions.

Learnt my lessons

3 Likes

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by FKseun(m): 8:37am On Sep 27, 2017
MY BROTHER, MUST YOU COMMENT? GERRRRARRA HERE!
Yeligray:
But you shouldn't have passed judgement on him the Bible says do not judge.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by bsideboii(m): 8:38am On Sep 27, 2017
Patronise registered independent workshops so you can sue if need be ehehen...dem say na roadside.That's what you get when u look for cheap labour.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by GAZZUZZ(m): 8:44am On Sep 27, 2017
aieromon:

Gazzuzz right now

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Lexusgs430: 8:52am On Sep 27, 2017
Stop patching exhaust systems, simply replace.....
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by currencyz: 9:42am On Sep 27, 2017
And all reporters will make heaven abi, yeye dey smell na everybody go mek heaven before
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Adadioranma79(f): 9:51am On Sep 27, 2017
Gawd wink you just made my morning, thank you
kenny5811:
i'm shocked u arent puttin d blame on Buhari.... guess he was ryt wen he said change begins wit me.... i no fit leave my shoes for shoemaker talk more of my car.... i fear dis hand work people... terrible squad.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Ekugbeh(m): 10:00am On Sep 27, 2017
He is a panel bitter n nt a mechanic.
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by maxxx(m): 10:19am On Sep 27, 2017
I had a mechanic I supposedly trusted. This mechanic will comes to my office to pickup my car anytime It had issues to repair
and return it afterwards. It kept on having a reoccurring problem of back shocks going bad. This guy fleeced me more than 6 times in 2 months. Always saying "Oga that's the problem of this car oh" whenever I complain of incessant change of shocks. When I couldn't take it any longer I went to another Mechanic who brought out the back shocks in my presence, Lo and behold the previous evil Mechanic had been padding my shocks with strips of rubber cut out from Tyres.I nearly fainted

1 Like

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by valentineuwakwe(m): 10:22am On Sep 27, 2017
don't give him any more days. .arrest him n deal with him to serve as a lesson to others. .that is what most mechanics do daily to survive. .this lagos wey u dey see so. .n.a. red eyes full every where

1 Like

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Nobody: 10:24am On Sep 27, 2017
AutoReportNG:
Call her a blunt person, you won't be wrong, AIT presenter, Lara Owoeye Wise is not taking it funny as she called her mechanic saying he won't make heaven... Read her post below..

He is not my mechanic. My mechanic of over four years is far from my house. This guy is just a walking distance away from my house. We see everyday as I drive out and in. We got acquainted over the years having realised we share the same faith. He is so passionate about God. I would sometimes stop by to gist.

We would talk politics, faith and life in general. He fixed very minor problems on the car ranging from replacing lose screws to greasing tight knots. Minor stuff. Tor... Two weeks ago he told me my 'silencer' was leaking and driving the car like that would cost me too much fuel.

He went under the car, told me it was completely condemned. He brought it out, and, yes, it was. I had worked on it severally. We had to buy a new one. He told me how much. We haggled. I paid. Left the car with him. Hoped in a taxi to do my runs. He returned the car at night. Following morning, I started the car, it sounded like an aircraft. So noisy. I called him. He said he wasn't coming to the shop that day as he had an outside job. I left the car. Picked a cab. Did my runs. I drove the car to him again the following day.

Dropped it there and went to work. I picked my car on my way back and as far as I was concerned, it was okay. When I asked why the initial noise, he told me some screws were not firmly tightened. He then said he realised that the 'silencer' he fixed on my car was too weak for my six-cylinder engine so he had to get a higher grade which cost him three thousand naira extra... Ok.

On Saturday , I drove to my main mechanic to discuss some pending issues and as soon as I drove in, he told me my 'silencer' was leaking. I shot him a terrible glance of " you must be out of your mind. My 'silencer' is brand new". He got under the car and screamed. "Madam, did you say this 'silencer is new?" to which I replied in the affirmative. He took pictures from underneath the car and showed me on his phone. I felt my breakfast fighting its way up from my stomach to my throat.

I called my 'brother' and handed the phone to my mechanic and he got a tongue lash from him for being so dubious.
My 'brother' then told me to bring it back on Monday since it was a Saturday and he had just been bereaved.
Monday morning. I went to his shop and all I asked was for us yo drive to where he purchased my 'silencer'. I was no longer the sweet madam he was used to. I opened the passenger side door and insisted he must hop into the car.
Then his countenance changed.

He went flat on the floor begging in the name of God.
I asked him to bring out the 'silencer'.
Ladies and gentlemen, look at the pictures.
Old, worn-out 'silencer'.

He confessed that he got an old 'silencer' and refurbished it for me. He said he bought some iron sheets and wrapped the old 'silencer' from inside. He begged and begged. I was hamstrung.

Conclusion.
I should give him till next weekend to get me what I paid for.
I was sad and I still am.
What we do to ourselves in terms of harm and wickedness is grave and so unimaginable.

Credit: Lara Wise

Source:
http://www.autoreportng.com/2017/09/some-mechanics-cannot-make-heaven-read.html

Lalasticlala
Mynd44
Ishilove
Marpol
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy
Seun

Your own de learn oo.. my car had one issue like that, while at work, took it to a nearby mechanic. Hello, abeg my car get issue, oga hold on make I finish with this one. Oga wetin do your car, I no like the way e de sound. Help me check am. I went back to the office, received a call, saying it was the fuel pump, and all. Well, to my utmost surprise, he did it well. After work, i filled up my tank, and drove to yaba from dolphin. Fuel finished at third mainland bridge. I paid the trucks to take the car to yaba, and then did a small running around at yaba, fuel finished not less than 3 mins. Ah.. kilode. After buying fuel like 5 times, I called another mechanic, and he said whoever did this work isn't a mechanic. The mechanic had turned the fuel tank upside down. So when I buy fuel, I see my fuel in my headlamp, in the speedometer sign, in all areas of the car. I just thanked the lord it never caught fire. Meanwhile; the guy was arrested and confessed he was a mechanic, and since there were no jobs coming in, he had to lie.

1 Like

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Pidginwhisper: 10:36am On Sep 27, 2017
GAZZUZZ:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
GAZZUZZ I wan come learn work for your workshop..shey make I cum?
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by bfmconcepts: 10:38am On Sep 27, 2017
this the major challenge with these people. they are never truthful, they want to make millions in a day
and that is why they remain poor and poorer by the day. If your service is expensive but good, people will still stick to you

1 Like

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by judility(m): 11:18am On Sep 27, 2017
and what makes you think your real mechanic is a saint...
Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by Nobody: 11:30am On Sep 27, 2017
When someone says they are "christians" before a business deal please run faster than your shadow, when someone said they are a pastors, please flea from them and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Some Mechanics Cannot Make Heaven - Read AIT's Presenter Ordeal With A Mechanic by OBAnkemi: 11:42am On Sep 27, 2017
kenny5811:
i'm shocked u arent puttin d blame on Buhari.... guess he was ryt wen he said change begins wit me.... i no fit leave my shoes for shoemaker talk more of my car.... i fear dis hand work people... terrible squad.

.....depends on who yor mechanic is. I am resident in Abuja, I av 2 mechanics. The one wit d closest workshop to me is in Kaduna. I can liv my car wit him for 3 weeks, until it's convenient for me to go pick it up. I av seen clients ask him to cum pik 2015 M/Benz in Abuja and take to Kaduna,....and return d car to them wen he is done......so why won't I trust him wit a chicken change w203?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dozens Of BMWs Have Burst Into Flames Long After Owners Say They Turned Them Off / Picture Of An Okada With An Umbrella / How To Tell If Your Car Tyres Have Expired

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.