Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,935 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:59 PM

Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration (853 Views)

TCN Locks Out Workers In Abuja / Anyaoku Leads PAC Members To Bid Jonathan Farewell / Aliyu Locks Out Legislators As Assembly Moves To Impeach Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by kech(f): 1:53am On Mar 05, 2010
By Daniel Idonor
ABUJA—

DESPITE the 15 minutes delay in the 10:00 am scheduled take-off time, two key minders of President Umaru Yar’Adua political interest, the Minister of Defence, Gen. Godwin Abbe and that of the Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Alhaji Adamu Aleiro, today arrived late to Aso Rock for the inauguration of the 25-man Presidential Advisory Council; and they were shut out.
Two who looked very embarrassed before reporters and security men had arrived at the Council Chambers of the Presidential Villa for the inauguration ceremony which was well advertised by the Presidency, an indication that they were yet to come to terms with the reality that Jonathan, unlike Yar’Adua, is time conscious.
Vanguard reliably learnt that the Defence Minister, who hardly comes late for such functions, however arrived at the venue of that all important meeting when the ceremony had been concluded by Jonathan.
The FCT Ministers, Aliero who was also late at the meeting was denied access by security men at the entrance to the chambers when he arrived about 25 minutes later.
Aleiro who arrive the security post to the venue of the function alone needed no further explanation from the security men that the meeting has started, as the entrance door was shut, and the atmosphere devoid of the usual movement of people.
Visibly tensed up, Aleiro was said to have spoken in Hausa language, asking the security do whatever they can to enable him gain access to the meeting; but in silence the security men walked him to the tea room, where he was offered a seat while the meeting lasted.
Apparently frustrated, the duo was heard in this brief conversation. Abbe: “what do we do now that the meeting has ended? Aliero was said to have replied, “Let’s go in and just shake hands with them and congratulate them.”
The FCT minister, who is one of the key players in the recent political fireworks in the Presidency, and has on several fronts, undermined the powers of the Acting President on several occasions during the crisis.

Source:
http://www.vanguardngr.com/2010/03/04/jonathan-shuts-out-aliero-abbe-at-pac-inauguration/
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by Beaf: 1:56am On Mar 05, 2010
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

Minister of Defence? Locked out? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Damn! FEC has really been replaced!
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by slap1(m): 7:33am On Mar 05, 2010
Bro J is always locking people out. The other time was Ojo Maduekwe and anoda dude. Well, I hope he does not use his time locking peepz out.
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by Kx: 9:04am On Mar 05, 2010
Discipline without action.
Is this all he can do?
How does locking ministers out solve our power,energy,food and national problems?
This actg presido is fast becoming predictable like his ailing boss.
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by RichyBlacK(m): 9:37am On Mar 05, 2010
Good move!

At least those akamu-brained zombies in flowing agbada will learn the what most of us learned in primary school - punctuality! Useless goats in government!
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by yemmight(m): 4:02pm On Mar 05, 2010
He should do more of active work than time keeping.
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by iwefactria: 6:39pm On Mar 05, 2010
we need more than that from you mr acting president.the time is really short.get to work Mr jona.Act fast things are falling apart undecided
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by Beaf: 6:44pm On Mar 05, 2010
iwefactria:

we need more than that from you mr acting president.the time is really short.get to work Mr jona.Act fast things are falling apart undecided

Question:
Did you demonstrate? Have you taken part in the fight for your rights?
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by nethacker(m): 6:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
iwefactria:

r u so dumb to understand dat the problem which had been in existence for years can't be fixed overnight? angry u keep shouting action !action!!action!!! dnt u knw action without direction is nothing angry give him sometime.I knw u attended a primary so i expect u to have come across this saying: a journey of 1000miles begin with a step. he needs to take it step by step not gragra,
I tire for nigerians sef,
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by OYBMEND: 6:55pm On Mar 05, 2010
according to Sanusi

Political uncertainty has no impact on the economy

see thread below for details

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-408661.0.html
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by iwefactria: 7:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
nethacker:

r u so[b] dumb[/b] to understand dat the problem which had been in existence for years can't be fixed overnight?  angry u keep shouting action !action!!action!!! dnt u knw action without direction is nothing angry give him sometime.I knw u attended a primary so i expect u to have come across this saying: a journey of 1000miles begin with a step. he needs to take it step by step not gragra,
I tire for nigerians sef,

why not pass your comment without insulting me Mr.please and please respect yourself okay.i am entitle to my view and i know there is a freedom of speech on this forum.
Re: Jonathan Locks Out Abbe And Aliero At Pac Inauguration by Fhemmmy: 7:22pm On Mar 05, 2010
Nice move . . . . .

(1) (Reply)

Iwu Fired, But Jonathan Plans To Appoint Another Rigger As Successor / Hmmm: Iran Is Preparing For 3rd World War: Getting Stronger: / Gunmen Abduct Onitsha Electronics Market Boss

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.