Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,216 members, 7,811,599 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

My Cucumber Pilot Project - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / My Cucumber Pilot Project (2648 Views)

My Cucumber Farm Dairy / My Cucumber Farming Journey / #500,000 Profit Shock In My Cucumber Farm. PROMTEX FARMS. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 2:20pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hello guys I have followed most cucumber farm trends and have decided to carryout my pilot projects with 2 plots of land clearing, ridging and plant of 1 plots has been done planting the other plot on Saturday God willing
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 2:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
Clearing of the land

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by AK6464(m): 2:42pm On Sep 27, 2017
Following
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 2:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
Okay
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 2:48pm On Sep 27, 2017
Ridging

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 2:50pm On Sep 27, 2017
Planting

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 2:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
On day 3 my crops as started germinating will be spraying with fungicides and insecticide on Saturday

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 3:00pm On Sep 27, 2017
I'm using the market more variety of cucumber seed

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by kripen(m): 3:44pm On Sep 27, 2017
how much did you buy this can of cucumber. is there a smaller can?
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by kripen(m): 3:46pm On Sep 27, 2017
Pls can i still plant cucumber in the southern part of Nigeria to be specific edo. i mean what is the best month.
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 4:10pm On Sep 27, 2017
kripen:
how much did you buy this can of cucumber. is there a smaller can?
I bought one can for #3000
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 4:14pm On Sep 27, 2017
kripen:
Pls can i still plant cucumber in the southern part of Nigeria to be specific edo. i mean what is the best month.
If I may advice you on this, if you have a means of irrigation or have faith that the rain will fall till end of October at least twice a week you can,
Also if its your pilot project like mine you can plant from now till Sunday to be on a safer side.
Lastly if you don't have any form of irrigation you can start planting in march wen the rain is starting till around ending of September when rain is going

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by kripen(m): 4:34pm On Sep 30, 2017
Great farmer! I am following you. I have planted the cucumber. Pls update to know what next to do
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 6:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
Apply fungicides to the ridge if you can but if not from 4-6 days you apply a treatment which will contain fungicides and insecticide to the plant to avoid diseases that affects cucumber.
I am not yet a great farmer still learning the process and will get there
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
kripen:
Great farmer! I am following you. I have planted the cucumber. Pls update to know what next to do
I have applied my first treatment on my plant and because of time nd weather I applied it on the 8th days when pest and insect has already started visiting them. But hope to see improvement by weekend which is the 14th day
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 6:06pm On Oct 06, 2017
On the 13 days after planting and applying my insecticide and fungicides this is what I have. I noticed that some of my crops has be uprooted by what I don't know

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 6:07pm On Oct 06, 2017
Another pix

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by kripen(m): 10:03am On Oct 13, 2017
my first test run on the soil that made me carry on with my project, has produced. thanks to you for creating this thread, I am following you.

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 3:37pm On Oct 15, 2017
kripen:
my first test run on the soil that made me carry on with my project, has produced. thanks to you for creating this thread, I am following you.
This is nice, when did you plant this and how old are they?
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by imhere: 9:27am On Oct 17, 2017
Also read more on cucumber farming at www.enibest.com.ng
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by kripen(m): 10:30am On Oct 17, 2017
This particular one should be between 40 to 55days or thereabout. The others should be 15th now
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 2:20pm On Oct 19, 2017
kripen:
This particular one should be between 40 to 55days or thereabout. The others should be 15th now

Which seed did you plant and have you started harvesting
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by kripen(m): 4:53pm On Oct 22, 2017
Chinex34:

this particular ones that I harvested , I don't know the variety I bought it from road side after eating it I used the seed to plant and it did well.

The other that I mainly planted in the plot is technisem the variety is marketer. I understand it takes more days to produce compare to other variety of tecnnisem
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by jospepper(m): 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2017
Chinex34:

I have applied my first treatment on my plant and because of time nd weather I applied it on the 8th days when pest and insect has already started visiting them. But hope to see improvement by weekend which is the 14th day
Good evening bro, what treatment did you apply? Please give us the name nd method of applications. Thanks.
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by kripen(m): 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2017
pls which insecticide should I use for this. The insects are damaging the cucumber

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by FarmTech(m): 9:12pm On Oct 23, 2017
Get an insecticide that contains dimethoate or lambda-cyhalothrin
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 11:58am On Oct 24, 2017
kripen:
pls which insecticide should I use for this. The insects are damaging the cucumber

I use a mixture of both snipper and attack on my farm, pictures will be coming later having issues with staking because I do the 2 plots all by myself and I have just Saturday to do my work
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 12:00pm On Oct 24, 2017
Bro is like you are not treating your crops at all try and be spraying with insecticide every 4 days to control the attack on the crop
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 3:51pm On Oct 24, 2017
Chinex34:

How many plot did you use and have many bags where you able to harvest from your farm.
I also planted the technisem marketer variety on the remaining part of my one plot
Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 3:58pm On Oct 24, 2017
jospepper:
Good evening bro, what treatment did you apply? Please give us the name nd method of applications. Thanks.
I apply a mixture of sniper and attack on my plants at lease 7 days interval because of my busy time at work.
I fill my sprayer with water and apply 25ml of the mixed insecticide into it and mix it properly before applying on my plant

1 Like

Re: My Cucumber Pilot Project by Chinex34: 4:02pm On Oct 24, 2017
kripen:

this particular ones that I harvested , I don't know the variety I bought it from road side after eating it I used the seed to plant and it did well.

The other that I mainly planted in the plot is technisem the variety is marketer. I understand it takes more days to produce compare to other variety of tecnnisem
How many plot did you plant? and how was your harvest?, how many days did you start your harvesting?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Nutmeg For Sale / How To Discourage Cattle From Grazing On Cassava Farm / Dwarf Okra Seeds Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.