Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:03 AM

List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC (44494 Views)

Lagos, Osun, Cross River’s Debts Exceed Revenues By Over 480% - FRC / 23 Nigerian States Exceed Borrowing Limits – FRC [VIDEO] / This 23 States Currently Owe Workers Salary...see List (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by maxzzo1(m): 7:52am On Sep 28, 2017
96% of then are apc states but why?? is it dat dey are all incompetent, no wanda Fed. is performin downwards...
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by mystikal(m): 8:11am On Sep 28, 2017
erico2k2:

Name one state where that Happens
Akwa Ibom, actually
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 9:00am On Sep 28, 2017
Jetleeee:
Lagos and Ogun should be able to pay back. I don't know about the rest

Ogun's annual statutory allocation has always been low anyway and that's what Amosun has been fighting for

Heck! Ogun state’s IGR, according to the stats was 127 percent higher than the allocation it received in 2016

while the IGR of Lagos state was 169 percent higher than its 2016 allocation.

While I believe Lagos and Ogun can pay back, this should serve as a wake up call forcing them to be financially healthy. Same goes for other
SW states

Surprisingly, Borno, the state worst hit by Boko Haram is not on this list

P.S: These are 2015 stats, but I believe not much has changed since then

Lagos owes billions of dollars, they can't pay back.

Ogun too cannot pay back.

They shouldn't have taken any loan since they collects Tens of billions from igr n FG allocation.

2 Likes

Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 9:05am On Sep 28, 2017
ruggedized1:

These states you mentioned are very capable economically. My concern is more on those civil servant's states with zero economic activities.

No state is economically capable in nigeria.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by ruggedized1: 9:11am On Sep 28, 2017
Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Ogun, Delta, Kano, are all good examples of economically capable and viable states.

All other states should be acquired by these aforementioned states.

PrecisionFx:

No state is economically capable in nigeria.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 9:18am On Sep 28, 2017
ruggedized1:
Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Ogun, Delta, Kano, are all good example of economically capable and viable states.

And where does kano make money from?
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by ruggedized1: 9:21am On Sep 28, 2017
PrecisionFx:

And where does kano make money from?

Kano is the largest economic zone in the entire northern Nigeria. In fact Kano is to the north what Lagos is to the SW.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Myde4naija(m): 9:22am On Sep 28, 2017
BigIyanga:

Facts dont lie!! Show me the facts not emotions!
try and go through this

Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by OjukwuWarBird: 9:32am On Sep 28, 2017
castrol180:
Can't the states stop relying on the central government for their subsistence, rather they should focus on and upgrade on their IGR

They can but not through Taxation
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by OjukwuWarBird: 9:41am On Sep 28, 2017
ruggedized1:
Lagos, Rivers, Anambra, Ogun, Delta, Kano, are all good examples of economically capable and viable states.

What nonsense are you talking

Do you understand what it means to borrow more than 50% of your statutory allocation

it means your expenses is almost catching up with your income.

What good is it to borrow if you have a strong IGR and yet not payback

Debt is not a good thing if is channeled into a non profit venture

@ jetleeee stop defending nonsense

1 Like

Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Goke7: 9:59am On Sep 28, 2017
the average Nigerian is financially reckless cos its from among us that our leaders emerge, those of us abusing the states governors are just hypocrites. all we think is to wine, dine and party, reason our entertainers make the mega bucks so easily. If we know what states spend on parties and social functions, we will cry until we have no more strength to cry.

It's a shame states like Lagos have huge debts, yes I appreciate all the good work they are doing but they are all financially reckless and I know what am saying
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Kaycee9242(m): 10:24am On Sep 28, 2017
Even b4 I opened d thread I knew IMO state will be there, no be okoro awusa again?

1 Like

Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Proffwhyhurry12(m): 10:25am On Sep 28, 2017
You just hate the man for unknown personal reasons because if you read the article Osun is not even there. The governor has been paying the loan bit by bit as at two three years ago that's why he was clamoring of not owing as been proclaimed. And as a person I benefited from the man agenda because it was meant for the masses. Reduction in the tuition fees across all tertiary institutions across the state which I benefited in my polytechnic days and universities of osun both for Indigen and non indigenous students. Kudos to Aregbesola for that just to mention little the road is there for those that know how the man works and lots of things like Oyes, Oreap, Oyestech, O school, etc
Tolexander:
We were telling them that he-goat, AriGBESEsola, has borrowed beyond limit. Hence, the reason for the drastic reduction in allocation received by the state.
But the Governor kept on dishing lies to the zombie followers that Goodluck Jonathan hated him and Osun State and Jonathan was intentionally withholding the state's fund by reducing the allocation belonging to the state.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by TheKingIsHere: 10:30am On Sep 28, 2017
emmangrace:

Osun Is not there now. Thank God.
osun is there. Read the last paragraph
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 11:37am On Sep 28, 2017
Anambra state suppose top the list because the the current state governor has squandered the states treasury and plunge it into heavy debt burden

How can a man that is 24 hours under the influence of alcohol rule a state.....

No road, no employment, no social amenities.......nothing to show for 4 good years in office....and he is accumulating debt profile for good people of anambra
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by ruggedized1: 11:41am On Sep 28, 2017
[s]
Asidethetruth:
Anambra state suppose top the list because the the current state governor has squandered the states treasury and plunge it into heavy debt burden
[/s]

Are you sure you are not drunk this morning? cool
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Rufai1314(m): 11:43am On Sep 28, 2017
Why Osun state is not on the list
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Rufai1314(m): 11:44am On Sep 28, 2017
Why Osun state is not on the list
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 11:45am On Sep 28, 2017
ruggedized1:
[s][/s]

Are you sure you are not drunk this morning? cool

I believe you are the one that drank mud this morning?
As for me my eyes are clear
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by ruggedized1: 11:47am On Sep 28, 2017
[s]
Asidethetruth:

I believe you are the one that drank mud this morning?
As for me my eyes are clear
[/s]

You are truly an insane illiterate.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by oneligeria: 11:49am On Sep 28, 2017
That Kogi isn't there is a miracle. grin grin
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 11:49am On Sep 28, 2017
ruggedized1:
[s][/s]

I wont reply you because of nairaland...i dont want this my acc ban again....i have suffered so much and haboured bitterness against nairaland mods...

My own no good...if i start...but is not necessary now....
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by ruggedized1: 11:52am On Sep 28, 2017
[s]
Asidethetruth:

I wont reply you because of nairaland...i dont want this my acc ban again....i have suffered so much and haboured bitterness against nairaland mods.My own no good...if i start...but is not necessary now....
[/s]

You are infested with insanity and stark illiteracy. You need to be chained in a cage lest you infest others.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:01pm On Sep 28, 2017
Debt is not necessarily bad if you appropriately invest it in capital projects that can boost the economy and your enhanced productivity leaves you in a good position to pay back. Problem is when it is squandered through corruption or when you borrow to pay salaries.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Ruggedpen: 12:07pm On Sep 28, 2017
Imo is representing in everything, non payment, debts and the Governor is loosing sight in looting.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
ruggedized1:
[s][/s]

I believe am done with u
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by ruggedized1: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
In this case, most of these states named squandered the loan and still went ahead to take bailout funds, still yet they didn't do infrastructure neither have they been able to pay ordinary salaries.

Obi1kenobi:
Debt is not necessarily bad if you appropriately invest it in capital projects that can boost the economy and your enhanced productivity leaves you in a good position to pay back. Problem is when it is squandered through corruption or when you borrow to pay salaries.
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
ruggedized1:
[s][/s]

I believe am done with u
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by ruggedized1: 12:09pm On Sep 28, 2017
Asidethetruth:

I believe i am insane

I should have known cool
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by Nobody: 12:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
ruggedized1:

I should have known cool

U just a product of genital misconception
Living in illusons
I pity u in the circus of life
Re: List Of The 23 States In Nigeria That Exceeded Borrowing Limits– FRC by ruggedized1: 12:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
Asidethetruth:

I am just a product of genital misconception

Living in illusons

I pity myself in the circus of life

Like seriously cheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bright Nwoye ‘Scorpion’ Dies After IPOB Rally In Abia. Photos / Nigerian Army Kills 9 Social Media Influencers Who Work With Boko Haram (Photos) / Fayose Praises Buhari, Urges Nigerians To Accept Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.