Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,365 members, 7,853,635 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 08:33 PM

Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader (9923 Views)

A 73 Years Old Man Walking In A Snow Without Cardigan (photo) / My Fears For Buhari’s Change Agenda - Olusegun Obasanjo / Shagari 90 Years.........buhari 73 Years.....who Looks Younger And Healthier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Fhemmmy: 7:38pm On Mar 05, 2010
ode remo:

It's great to be a great leader who have sacrificedtaken so much to ensure unity and peaceful co-existence in nigeriathis farming business.happy birthdayhell fire to a rare leader!!!!!

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Lol
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by mamagee3(f): 7:42pm On Mar 05, 2010
The Nigerian Political thief is celebrating his birthday and you all are happy. grin grin
Okay, Happy Birthday Obasanma, the biggest thief that has ever stepped foot in Aso Rock
. grin grin
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Fhemmmy: 7:50pm On Mar 05, 2010
mama-gee:

The Nigerian Political thief is celebrating his birthday and you all are happy. grin grin
Okay, Happy Birthday Obasanma, the biggest thief that has ever stepped foot in Aso Rock
. grin grin

Make u take am easy with him oh . . . . . Na someone's papa u dey talk about oh.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by oderemo(m): 7:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
Make u take am easy with him oh . . . . . Na someone's papa u dey talk about oh.
if you put your head on the parapet, expect to be shot at. shikenna.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Borat1: 7:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
The man does not know how old he is jor. . .bloody lying, thieving outcast
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Fhemmmy: 8:56pm On Mar 05, 2010
ode remo:

if you put your head on the parapet, expect to be shot at. shikenna.

Lol . . . .
~Borat~:

The man does not know how old he is jor. . .bloody lying, thieving outcast

He mean to say, he is celebrating 73 years of losing his Virginity . . .
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by houvest: 9:10pm On Mar 05, 2010
A tribute to OBJ at 73.

Obj is one of the luckiest living Nigerians. The only person that has had the opportunity to rule the Nation twice in two different spells. He achieved much as a military head of state, eventually handing over to the civilians. Coming out of prison in 1999, and with ,by his own confession, a salvation experience he came in as a civilian president with a lot of sincerity in moving the nation forward and actually achieved much in neutralizing the restive military and stabilizing the country from so much divisive forces thrown up in the aftermath of the June 12 1993 election annulment and other erstwhile dormant forces that had suddenly found their voices in the absence of the khaki boys

He went ahead to involve technocrats and reputed individuals in his bid to solve Nigeria's myriads of problems and he succeeded in setting up certain structural   foundations that are benefiting the nation today. With these individuals especially his crack finance and monetary team, he was able to garner a lot of international respect for Nigeria to the extent that a partial debt forgiveness was extended to Nigeria by the Paris club of creditors and with the help of high price of crude Oil, Nigeria's main foreign exchange earner,and deft financial management, Nigeria became the first Nation in sub-Saharan Africa to pay of all her  foreign debts. So promising was the country's financial profile that by 2005, Goldman Sachs, the American investment bank predicted that by 2015, Nigeria and Egypt would be the only African countries in the N-11 ie the next eleven largest  growing economies after the BRIC states of Brazil, Russia, India and China.

A little into his  second term when he should have consolidated his achievements and probably tackled tough National questions he was curiously led astray by his third term ambition. This was when he should have left for  Nigeria legacies that would have written his name in gold and made him enter the pantheon of the greatest Nigerian statesman of the Pre-Independence era. Legacies such as true federalism, electoral reforms, a people's Constitution, a perfect census, uninterrupted power supply, capacity building and self sustenance in oil and gas, institutionalized infrastructural development and maintenance, sustainability in the corruption war, Independence of the judiciary and Legislative maturity,educational, health and housing,etc reforms.
Some of the institutions he had set up were compromised in that his pursuit and with them  his reputation as well as that of certain individuals previously perceived as unimpeachable , national and ethnic reconciliations he initiated  through the Oputa panel were abandoned and a golden oportunity in the life of a Nation was lost and Gods plan of greatnes for Nigeria put in abeyance
Experts may one day capture the reasons for his political Hara-Kiri since he came out of his  military Carreer appearing un-ambitious. True, appearances could be deceitful but it remains to be understood what the leftovers in Aso Rock  were  that he was still interested in, a jibe he had once aimed at General Gowon. History may put them down to be due to a mesiah complex caused by sycophancy a la Abacha's one million man march or ambition or seductin by the lure of power, or ego trip and muscle flexing  especialy since he was derided by some sections of being too scared to rule in in his first  experience  in the aftermath of the Murtala assasination. I hope history will look kindly on him and present his achievements strongly while dismissing his third term bid as a moment of weakness and madness and see him as a great leader. However he is certainly not Nigeria's greatest leader. We have got our Lincolns, Ghandis and Mandelas but are  still waiting for our , Washingtons,  Churchills, Castros, et al. Hope Jonathan takes a cue.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY OBJ.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Fhemmmy: 9:23pm On Mar 05, 2010
^^^ Nice script
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by houvest: 9:40pm On Mar 05, 2010
@ Fhemmmy

Thanks.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Eziachi: 10:22pm On Mar 05, 2010
grin grin grin
Rare leader? I see what you mean, the man resemble an over fed gorilla- that is very rare human look.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by redsun(m): 10:27pm On Mar 05, 2010
One thing i have observe about ugly people is that they are aggressively and most times dubiously ambitious

.How could a man like obasanjo have fared with bit-ches if he wasn't dubiously rich?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Princek12(m): 11:17pm On Mar 05, 2010
Baba Iyabo, I hope you openly ask for forgiveness before it's too late. Where is the $16b that you claim was earmarked and supposedly spent to fix the problems affecting the power sector? Where is it?
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 11:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
happy birthday 2 nigeria's most shameless sex freaking political leader cum paedophile,yoruba thief and bushmeat lover shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 11:31pm On Mar 05, 2010
Eziachi:

grin grin grin
Rare leader? I see what you mean, the man resemble an over fed gorilla- that is very rare human look.
kulyie:

happy birthday 2 nigeria's most shameless intimacy freaking political leader come paedophile,yoruba thief and bushmeat lover shocked shocked shocked shocked
grin cheesy grin
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 11:34pm On Mar 05, 2010
hapi buffday
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 11:35pm On Mar 05, 2010
Who are all these moronic idiots wishing happy birthday to the man responsible for placing them and their future generations in erternal poverty angry

Shame on you mumus!!!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by victorazy(m): 11:37pm On Mar 05, 2010
Congratulations Obii and am happy 4u. U don reach 73 chasing 100. When will u die, will u die soon? i know u woun't reach the 100. All your money how will u do them, will u go with them 2? i cant wait to c ur,
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by noetic16(m): 11:40pm On Mar 05, 2010
happy buffday Sir . . . .
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by denzel2009: 11:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
victorazy:

Congratulations Obii and am happy 4u. U don reach 73 chasing 100. When will u die, will u die soon? i know u woun't reach the 100. All your money how will u do them, will u go with them 2?

HMnnn these people use jazz oh, they know people curse them everywhere, thats why they wear epeproof and back-to-sender jackets under.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by lastpage: 12:04am On Mar 06, 2010
Someone once said that "Citizens determine and deserve the kind of Leaders they get"

Having read all the congratulatory messages in the last two pages, directed at that kleptomanic chimp residing tat OTTA.
I am convinced beyond doubt that Nigerians deserve The IBB's, YArArdua's. and OBJ's of this world.

No use praying for this lot of people, no need for Jonathan to risk his life for this bunch of cowards and turn-coats!
Madam Dora, these ones are not worth your neck and blood!!

They deserve to be enslaved by one "Ghost from Saudi",

They deserve to be slaughtered on the roads of Benin-Ore, made worse by thieving Ministers for Transport!

They deserve to spend the rest of their miserable lives inhaling poisonous fumes from their "i-better-pass" generator, courtesy of their "Baba at OTTA" whose is having a birthday bash at the expense of the lives of their children grin!
Yes, they deserve to have lung disease, their children deserve to to have that inferior education and to attend hospitals that have turned to burial grounds grin

I love these Nigerians, Please continue to hail "your baba" and wish him longer life infact, l hope he comes back to pick what he forgot in AsoRock! tongue

I hope that Abacha would resurrect and rule all of yea once more (And l am sure you will all wear "Aso-ebi" and dance while singing his praises!)

Suffering makes one wise but it seems for these set of Nigerians, Poverty and suffering makes them more stupid, cowardly and sheepish tongue

If Abacha ruled you with iron fist and IBB ruled you with horse-whip, OBJ rule you like an amalgam of a Fox and Hyena,
Yar'Adua rule you like Ghost, well the one that come next will definitely make a slave out of you and two generations to come tongue

If South Africans were like you lo, l guess Apartheid would be well and alive today!
If people from The Balkans (Croatia, Bosnia, and other break-away republics) were like you, Russia would still be lording it over them today.

I have no tears to shed for you. I have no sympathy for your likes.

YOU DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERS YOU HAVE.
UMYA IS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU, MAY TURAI LEAD YOU FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS angry
AND TO THINK THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND SAY GOODLUCK JONATHAN DOES NOT HAVE BALLS?

Well, YOU have "Balls" but l guess you fried and ate yours?
About 145Million slaves, suffering in the midst of plenty!

Shameless Ars*-Lickers. (Stumps-off to find something worthwhile to do)
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by nedu2u(m): 12:09am On Mar 06, 2010
I THINK D MAN DESERVED TO BE WISHED HAPPY BIRTHDAY. I STILL THINK HE IS D BEST NIGERIAN PRESIDENT SO FAR.
BABA I HAIL O. POP CHAMPAIGN AND CELEBRATE.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by nigerhead(m): 12:24am On Mar 06, 2010
denzel2009:

HMnnn these people use jazz oh, they know people curse them everywhere, thats why they wear epeproof and back-to-sender jackets under. grin grin grin

they say we should respect our elders, I respect and say Happy Birthday ,
but they also said that if an elder is messing up, we d young ones should treat his f*** up , OBiiiiiiiiii you are a cow sir! tongue cool grin

We have to arise and deliver ourselves from all these shameless old men that are mortgaging our collective futures
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by MrCrackles(m): 12:35am On Mar 06, 2010
OBJ you are a shameless human being. . . .
No one should be celebrating your birthday, instead they should be raining curses on your coconut head. . .
OBJ you are a disgrace to the human race. . .
Fu/ck you and your birthday. . . .
Pssf!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Fhemmmy: 12:51am On Mar 06, 2010
MrCrackles:

OBJ you are shameless human being. . . .
No one should be celebrating your birthday, instead they should be raining curses on your coconut head. . .
OBJ you are a disgrace to the human race. . .
Fu/ck you and your birthday. . . .
Pssf!

Na someone's papa you dey talk to like this oh
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by henry101(m): 1:07am On Mar 06, 2010
OBJ, d man who approved his in-law, Kenny Martins, 2 create a fund called POLICE EQUIPMENT FUND, which served as a "conduit pipe"2 steal, embezzle money.
Shame on him.
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Fhemmmy: 1:10am On Mar 06, 2010
^^^ Take am easy oh
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by sulad82i(m): 1:16am On Mar 06, 2010
okaY. HaPPy BirThdAy sIr
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Omolulu(m): 1:20am On Mar 06, 2010
lastpage:

Someone once said that "Citizens determine and deserve the kind of Leaders they get"

Having read all the congratulatory messages in the last two pages, directed at that kleptomanic chimp residing tat OTTA.
I am convinced beyond doubt that Nigerians deserve The IBB's, YArArdua's. and OBJ's of this world.

No use praying for this lot of people, no need for Jonathan to risk his life for this bunch of cowards and turn-coats!
Madam Dora, these ones are not worth your neck and blood!!

They deserve to be enslaved by one "Ghost from Saudi",

They deserve to be slaughtered on the roads of Benin-Ore, made worse by thieving Ministers for Transport!

They deserve to spend the rest of their miserable lives inhaling poisonous fumes from their "i-better-pass" generator, courtesy of their "Baba at OTTA" whose is having a birthday bash at the expense of the lives of their children grin!
Yes, they deserve to have lung disease, their children deserve to to have that inferior education and to attend hospitals that have turned to burial grounds grin

I love these Nigerians, Please continue to hail "your baba" and wish him longer life infact, l hope he comes back to pick what he forgot in AsoRock! tongue

I hope that Abacha would resurrect and rule all of yea once more (And l am sure you will all wear "Aso-ebi" and dance while singing his praises!)

Suffering makes one wise but it seems for these set of Nigerians, Poverty and suffering makes them more silly, cowardly and sheepish tongue

If Abacha ruled you with iron fist and IBB ruled you with horse-whip, OBJ rule you like an amalgam of a Fox and Hyena,
Yar'Adua rule you like Ghost, well the one that come next will definitely make a slave out of you and two generations to come tongue

If South Africans were like you lo, l guess Apartheid would be well and alive today!
If people from The Balkans (Croatia, Bosnia, and other break-away republics) were like you, Russia would still be lording it over them today.

I have no tears to shed for you. I have no sympathy for your likes.

YOU DESERVE THE KIND OF LEADERS YOU HAVE.
UMYA IS THE BEST THING THAT HAPPENED TO YOU, MAY TURAI LEAD YOU FOR THE NEXT TEN YEARS angry

AND TO THINK THESE ARE THE SAME PEOPLE WHO OPEN THEIR MOUTH AND SAY GOODLUCK JONATHAN DOES NOT HAVE BALLS?

Well, YOU have "Balls" but l guess you fried and ate yours?
About 145Million slaves, suffering in the midst of plenty!

Shameless Ars*-Lickers. (Stumps-off to find something worthwhile to do)
please could you do us a favour and die!!
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Nobody: 1:26am On Mar 06, 2010
Omolulu:

please could you do us a favour and die!!
grin grin grin grin
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Str8talk: 2:26am On Mar 06, 2010
I am praying to God to keep OBJ alive so that he can answer for his misdeeds

The treason of Bakassi, the cover up of his friends (eg Bode George) while hounding the innocent (remember false accusation against Mimiko)
The attempt to turn Anambra into a wasteland by violence to enable him declare a state of emeregency in order to remove Ngige from power
The narrow-mindedness that brought about garrison democracy
The depostism that empowered Adedibu
The evil intentions that resulted into a do-or-die democracy
The short sightedness that makes a man who has accounted for 11.5 (about 25%) of our wretched post independence 50 years
A man who does not mind Nigerians being killed at will (he at first called the murder of Dikibo an armed robbery case) but closes our broder with Benin when his daughter's convoy was attacked by foreign armed robbers
The man who took petrol price from N19 per litre to N70 (before its reversal to N65)
He took over power in 1999 and kept remiding us about his past glory - the fleet of Nigerioan National Shipping line, the fleet of Nigeria Airways he left
But Qatar Air was set up in 1997, just 2 years before Obj came in. It now boasts over 80 planes. Obj could only lament for ever

Somebody keeps saying Obj is somebody's papa
Is that the reason why we are talking about him here? No, we are discussing his attempt to misrule us forever
The disgrace he has brought us - 2007 elections, empty promise of getting us 10,000mw by Dec 2007
Anyway his own son says that he has been having it out with his daughter-in-law

In my opinion, this tyrant deserves not our congratulation, but some long spell in jail
What did he contribute - kindly remind me?
If he is congratulated, what should South Africans do to Mandela
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Carlosein(m): 2:34am On Mar 06, 2010
I wonder what this thread is all about undecided undecided undecided

Obo-sanjo grin grin
Re: Olusegun Obasanjo Is 73 Years Old.happy Birthday To A Rare Leader by Onlytruth(m): 2:45am On Mar 06, 2010
Obasanjo -a rare leader indeed. He had rare strategies for looting: he empowered criminals who loot for him! angry angry angry undecided undecided undecided cry cry cry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Listed 500 Govt Fund Thieves And Nothing Happened – Nzeribe / PDP Needs To Apologize For Allowing APC Take Over Power – Fani-kayode / Breaking: Kano Gov, Ganduje Collapses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.