Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,621 members, 7,823,719 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? (746 Views)

Story Behind Stingy Men Association Of Nigeria (Pictures) / Where Are Nigeria Schools When You Need Them? / What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by starstunna1313(m): 9:45am On Sep 28, 2017
Good Morning Nlanders!...

I was just going through an article the organization called THE GIVING PLEDGE. Founded by Bill Gates and Warren Buffett. Their website is GIVINGPLEDGE.ORG. The organization encourage wealthy people to contribute a majority of their wealth to philanthropic causes. That is at least 50% of their wealth goes to charity after they are gone(died). Till date the organization has 158 members/signers which some of the 158 have since died.
What surprised me was when I checked the list I discovered that at least 40 from the list are Americans.
Then also I checked in Asia and i also discovered that their billionaires have same kind heart like the names below whom in the last 5 years have donated to charity at least $15M and some half of their wealth goes to charity when they die:

1. JACK MA ( gave $3.3billion to charity last year)

2. LEN AINSWORTH in the last 3yrs counting has given out at least $58m to charity and half of his wealth goes to charity when he dies

2. MICHAEL BUXTON ($22.5m at least has been donated to charity in 3yrs)

3. PAN SHENJI AND ZHANG XIN ($15m)

4. REN YUANLIN( gives $16m every year to charity).

Lemme stop calling names first bc I hv an endless list here but my question is:
Why do most of our billionaires don't have this kind of heart and organisation to help the less privileged (like the benue flood victims and displaced people all over the nation) instead they have more of an oppressive and non-charitable heart

NOTE: Am not talking about charities with political ambition and fishy things attached to it like getting something in return especially money, contract and so on

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by whitebeard(m): 10:00am On Sep 28, 2017
sad op what concern u...!! U have money rite, what is stopping u from donating to charity...!?

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by paiz: 10:06am On Sep 28, 2017
We are not stingy we just want you to see how we hussled before we made it Life is not a bed of roses

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by starstunna1313(m): 10:08am On Sep 28, 2017
whitebeard:
sad op what concern u...!! U have money rite, what is stopping u from donating to charity...!?

Oga stop being paranoid.. My money is not yet running in billions but I still give out to charity at least twice a year.. Go to Ozubulu Rehabilitation Center and check the records
Re: Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by Nobody: 10:09am On Sep 28, 2017
Nigeria that can finish 5trillion in 12 months!

How do you donate to such country, if dangote try donate money he might go broke. Looting and mismanagement is allowed.

You talking about helping flood victims and idp, in a sane society the government sets aside a disaster relief fund that can't be touched by any fool unless there is reason to do so.

God forbid we experience harsh natural disaster
Re: Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by whitebeard(m): 10:12am On Sep 28, 2017
starstunna1313:

Oga stop being paranoid.. My money is not yet running in billions but I still give out to charity at least twice a year.. Go to Ozubulu Rehabilitation Center and check the records
then keep up the good work and mind your business..!!

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by kalufelix(m): 10:13am On Sep 28, 2017
Super Stingy Arsholes...And To Think That Most Of Them Made It Through Illegal And Fraudlent Means. I Have Zero Pity For Them When They Get Kidnapped.

Na Indian And Singapore Doctors Go Chop Am When Time Reach Their Money Their Life...

1 Like

Re: Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by starstunna1313(m): 10:18am On Sep 28, 2017
fuckerstard:
Nigeria that can finish 5trillion in 12 months!

How do you donate to such country, if dangote try donate money he might go broke. Looting and mismanagement is allowed.

You talking about helping flood victims and idp, in a sane society the government sets aside a disaster relief fund that can't be touched by any fool unless there is reason to do so.

God forbid we experience harsh natural disaster

I swear.. It will take us 20 to 30 years yo comeback from such natural disaster
Re: Why are Nigeria Billionaires STINGY?? by starstunna1313(m): 10:22am On Sep 28, 2017
paiz:
We are not stingy
we just want you to see how we hussled before we made it
Life is not a bed of roses

Lolzz.. Bro no offence. Are you saying others didn't hustle for theirs.. I am cocksure that any money you are spending now you hustled for it.. So technically everyone hustled for their money

(1) (Reply)

Groom Revenges On Bride By Playing Video Of Her 'infidelity' To Wedding Guests / Mention One New Thing You Want God To Do For You in 2018 / Forever Gospel Crew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.