Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,724 members, 7,809,761 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:25 PM

Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? (1885 Views)

Igbos In Lagos APC Replace Igbokwe With Idimogu For 2023 / What El-rufai Did Days Before Testing Positive To COVID-19 / Revolution Now: DSS Seeks Permission To Detain Sowore For 90 More Days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
Some Northern Nigeria youth groups on Tuesday in Kaduna issued what they called a 'Kaduna Declaration' in which they declared “war” against all Igbos residing in the North, demanding they leave the area within three months.

They also asked Northerners in the South-East to leave the area, warning that as from October 1, which happens to be Nigeria’s National Day, they will commence implementation of ‘visible actions’ to prove they are no longer part of a federal union that includes the Igbo.

The groups that signed the declaration include Arewa Citizens Action for Change, Arewa Youth Consultative Forum, Arewa Youth Development Foundation, Arewa Students Forum and Northern Emancipation Network, but it is unclear if known officials of any of the groups actually signed the document.

They cite as reason for their decision the pro-Biafran activities of some Igbo, centred around the Indigenous People of Biafra (IPOB), saying their latest action and similar confrontational conducts “amount to a brutal encroachment on the rights of those termed as non-indigenous people residing and doing lawful businesses in those areas illegally demarcated and defined as Biafra by the Igbo.”

http://saharareporters.com/2017/06/06/northern-youths-declare-war-igbos-north-ask-them-‘leave’-within-three-month.

I will advice that igbos in the North should be prepared not to be caught unawares because arewa people are unpredictable even though they have promised to back off.
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by madridguy(m): 9:27pm On Sep 28, 2017
cool
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 9:31pm On Sep 28, 2017
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Kazim88: 9:33pm On Sep 28, 2017
Northerners/ Arewa as a whole... (plus their Youth) don't have agenda.
They don't even know what they want and how to get it.
They keep threatening and making noise upadan...
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
Everybody should do finishing touches to their warriors and soldiers......is time

Second civil war
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by attacker321: 9:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
vicadex07, leave us alone to worry about our issues. Face Yoruba that you are. Why carry Igbo matter for head like agbo?

4 Likes

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 9:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
attacker321:
vicadex07, leave us alone to worry about our issues. Face Yoruba that you are. Why carry Igbo matter for head like agbo?

Biko....no vex grin
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by CosmeticChemist(m): 9:53pm On Sep 28, 2017
Stop creating unnecessary panic, nothing will happen on Oct 1st.

1 Like

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 9:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
Kazim88:
Northerners/ Arewa as a whole... (plus their Youth) don't have agenda.

They don't even know what they want and how to get it.

They keep threatening and making noise upadan...

Are you sure? History has thought us to be more careful and cautious...
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 9:58pm On Sep 28, 2017
CosmeticChemist:

I just don't want history to repeat itself.
I am very sure some people already had Intel of similar progroms before it happened in the past and they unfortunately dismissed them as rumors or just wishful thinking...
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 10:02pm On Sep 28, 2017
madridguy:
cool

The funny thing is if eventually something happens which I pray against, the igbos would always find a reason however absurd it is to blame it all on Yoruba, just like Awolowo was blamed for the civil war instead of Gowon...

smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Paperwhite(m): 10:04pm On Sep 28, 2017
Any igbo caught up in any violence in the core north will find him/herself to blame.Life is most sacred.
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Paperwhite(m): 10:05pm On Sep 28, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
Ask Ojukwu about the myopic decision he took in 1966.
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Kazim88: 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
vicadex07:

Are you sure? History has thought us to be more careful and cautious...

You don't get it... before British left North They was Great development, groundnut Pyramid... Igbos were working to develop North... after the war... North fell to poverty..

What ever happens now... might have strong negative impact on North...

Arewa Youths understand the game but they realise it too late... If mobs attack They have played into Kanu's Hand.. they have successfully ended one Nigeria..
If they don't... they would be mocked..

The urge to attack is just too Strong to resist even tho it is not beneficial to them
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 10:06pm On Sep 28, 2017
Asidethetruth:
Everybody should do finishing touches to their warriors and soldiers......is time

Second civil war

are you referring to Biafran Secret Service...

grin

2 Likes

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
vicadex07:

I will advice that igbos in the North should be prepared not to be caught unawares because arewa people are unpredictable even though they have promised to back off.
Nothing is going to happen to any Igbo man or woman here in the north, we already have the extremists in our midst on a leash which is not what I can say about our Igbo brothers when it comes to IPOB
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 10:10pm On Sep 28, 2017
Kazim88:

You don't get it... before British left North They was Great development, groundnut Pyramid... Igbos were working to develop North... after the war... North fell to poverty..

What ever happens now... might have strong negative impact on North...

Arewa Youths understand the game but they realise it too late... If mobs attack They have played into Kanu's Hand.. they have successfully ended one Nigeria..
If they don't... they would be mocked..

The urge to attack is just too Strong to resist even tho it is not beneficial to them

its such a complicated scenario...
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by DrChukzy(m): 10:14pm On Sep 28, 2017
Op forget those rabble rousers and low life miscreants.

They are only good at chewing gworo and sipping burukutu. They can't do shi shi
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 10:18pm On Sep 28, 2017
GoroTango:
Nothing is going to happen to any Igbo man or woman here in the north, we already have the extremists in our midst on a leash which is not what I can say about our Igbo brothers when it comes to IPOB

Have you guys established certain precautionary moves to check that or you're just banking of the assurance given by the Northern Governors to Igbo leaders?

Remember that despite all those assurances, Kanu's home was raided by the army whilst they lay siege in Igboland, resulting into the disruption of economic activities.

The worst that will happen is for them to say sorry after several lives might have been lost and offer to rehabilitate and resettle the remaining survivors just like it happened recently in Aba.
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Homeboiy: 10:20pm On Sep 28, 2017
I don go visit a great native doctor for appearing n disappearing charm

Even bullet n matchete cannot enter

Arewa youth should better no near my house o
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 10:23pm On Sep 28, 2017
DrChukzy:
Op forget those rabble rousers and low life miscreants.

They are only good at chewing gworo and sipping burukutu. They can't do shi shi

I think whatever the scenario that presents itself, its wiser to be safe than sorry. Life is cruel and humans are wicked.
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Kazim88: 10:24pm On Sep 28, 2017
vicadex07:

its such a complicated scenario...

It's not...

Arewa youths wanted the Head of Kanu to pacify them, also They wanted IPOB to be crush decisively and to be tagged as terrorist for peace to reign...

But their demands Unknown to them is the fuel and coal that is needed to fire Nnamdi Kanu and IPOB to international scene.

Out of fear the government struck... it back fired.. EU, US, UK are now involved... International rallies are going allover...

IPOB are suing and counter suing Buhari and Buratai.. Kanu is safely underground and IPOB are not worried about his absence.

Today Kaduna State Government rcllected warrant to Arrest Yerima Shettima of Arewa Youths..

North would 100% erupt.... Arewa Youths, Northern Elder Forum, Northerm Governors even Buhari would be pointed for being behind it.... out of hate for Igbos
even tho hungry Riff Raff were the ones behind the attack.

Also They would be strong resistance from southerners

1 Like

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 10:25pm On Sep 28, 2017
Homeboiy:
I don go visit a great native doctor for appearing n disappearing charm

Even bullet n matchete cannot enter

Arewa youth should better no near my house o

lol...African insurance.

I believe you jare!

grin
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Nobody: 10:32pm On Sep 28, 2017
vicadex07:

Have you guys established certain precautionary moves to check that or you're just banking of the assurance given by the Northern Governors to Igbo leaders?

Remember that despite all those assurances, Kanu's home was raided by the army whilst they lay siege in Igboland, resulting into the disruption of economic activities.

The worst that will happen is for them to say sorry after several lives might have been lost and offer to rehabilitate and resettle the remaining survivors just like it happened recently in Aba.
Bros you don't live here in the north so just keep your internet comments to yourself. No violence will happen here

1 Like

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Kazim88: 10:35pm On Sep 28, 2017
GoroTango:
Bros you don't live here in the north so just keep your internet comments to yourself. No violence will happen here

You are talking as if "North" is just one local government

Ahlaji which state do you base?
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 28, 2017
Kazim88:

There is no systemic plan for the killing of any group southerners here up north. October 1st will come and go without incident just like any other day

1 Like

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 10:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Kazim88:

Exactly, he is only counting on wishful thinking, same as several other Igbos in the North. I just hope they wouldn't be caught unawares if anything goes down...
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Victornezzar: 10:43pm On Sep 28, 2017
Don't trust d fulanis oo
Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Kazim88: 10:48pm On Sep 28, 2017
vicadex07:

Exactly, he is only counting on wishful thinking, same as several other Igbos in the North. I just hope they wouldn't be caught unawares if anything goes down...

Mr Man dont quote me again... I now remember your moniker... You were among those that were celebrating when Nigeria Army was drowning unarmed civilians during AbaGenocide...

You are praying and hoping for more blood to drink this October 1st...

It might just be ur blood that would flow by chance.

1 Like

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by Adiola(f): 10:55pm On Sep 28, 2017
Igbo's are going nowhere they are the reason we yoruba Christians have not been islamised left for our Muslim brother they would have sold us to the arewas

1 Like

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 11:08pm On Sep 28, 2017
Adiola:
Igbo's are going nowhere they are the reason we yoruba Christians have not been islamised left for our Muslim brother they would have sold us to the arewas

look at this idiot claiming to be Yoruba.

Are you ashamed of identifying yourself with your Igbo people

2 Likes

Re: Few More Days Before The October 1st Declaration: Fate Of Igbos In The North? by vicadex07(m): 11:11pm On Sep 28, 2017
Kazim88:

Mr Man dont quote me again... I now remember your moniker... You were among those that were celebrating when Nigeria Army was drowning unarmed civilians during AbaGenocide...

You are praying and hoping for more blood to drink this October 1st...

It might just be ur blood that would flow by chance.

You are simply delirious. If you cannot quote where I said such, then you are a foooool.

As for the drinking of blood ish, I reject and return it back to sender.

(1) (2) (Reply)

What If After All This Defection Hurricane And Gra Gra Buhari Wins 2019? / BREAKING: APC Spokesperson Resigns, Says Party A Cult / Video That Shows The Level Of Apathy In The South East

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.