Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,305 members, 7,822,509 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 (6920 Views)

What Nuhu Ribadu Wrote About Atiku In 2010 When He Was EFCC Chairman / Throwback Pictures Of "Where Is Umaru Yar'adua?" Protest In 2010 / Boko Haram Commander Who Escaped From Prison In 2010 Arrested By DSS In Bauchi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by steve6: 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Wow! Such a talent!
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by mekyno777(m): 12:42pm On Oct 03, 2017
@Lalastic, seun,....Nairaland needs ''research institute or young innovators'' section.
Pls Nlers if u are in support of my motion click 'like'.
Tnx

5 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by Opoki(m): 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
mekyno777:
@Lalastic, seun,....Nairaland needs ''research institute or young innovators'' section.
Tnx
A moderator just blocked Mantiger just now and deleted his very last revelative post, this is very sic!

Oh! Gosh!

Don't be surprised if i'm blocked too, I've been pro-Mantiger from day 1 cos i believe in his wealth of knowledge!

#FreeMantiger!

3 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by IdeyFindWife: 8:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
HottestFire:

Don't bother yourself on people who have not taken the risk beyond waking up from their bed... grin grin

I was discussing a startup with some UK companies and one of them told me "we are not onboarding entities from Nigeria for now". I was like shuo, God dey!.. grin grin

Yeah, I usually find it funny too when bloody muppets who been nowhere, to try nothing, suddenly become professors at postulating furk-all!

It's one thing homebased Nigerians are good at and making lots of presumptuous e-blunders too, u shouldn't be surprised!
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by tzars(m): 11:57pm On Oct 06, 2017
ManTiger:

I just lost interest, though I've been receiving a lot of commendation and encouragement very lately, I will design something more cheaper with no recurrent subscription[b][/b], not for the money to be accrued from it but for the general development. Don't say its not possible because there are many satellite footprint i've seen lying useless/abandoned in the space for over 10yrs.
This has spiked my interest Mantiger. This satlite footprints that are abandoned. What use can it be if the original owners have not seen it fit for purpose?
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by walemoney007(m): 12:39am On Oct 07, 2017
Nigeria is a useless country
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by laudate: 1:28am On Oct 07, 2017
tzars:
This has spiked my interest Mantiger. This satlite footprints that are abandoned. What use can it be if the original owners have not seen it fit for purpose?
The owners may have abandoned it due to lack of funds, or probably because they found a better way to fulfil their needs without using the satellite option. That was probably why those satellite footprints were discarded. No harm in cross-checking with the old owners though, in order to avoid any potential litigation down the line....
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by futurism: 5:22am On Oct 07, 2017
otokx:
Always work in a team of 3, learn from the startup of Bill gates, instead of going to DSTV you should have entered Alaba Market to find sponsors.

You are lucky it is only your house they burgled, they could have easily given you an injection to make you go mad.

many Nigerians are not Business savvy. Many are idiots with money Who lack good business sense. Many Nigerians don't think long term. Many are fools... With money.

Most of them only think of filling stations and hotels..

I do agree with your point but convincing an average Nigerian to invest in something that has never been done in Nigeria is a tough job... Most think they are smart but they are actually dumb.

I understand what the inventor of this noble idea went through.

I personally find it hard to share an idea with a Nigerian and ask them to invest because THEY won't. They are fools, too many fools.

I have an idea for a food sector in the country no one is doing anything about such that if I get in there, I will displace the current players... But it's quite capital intensive too... To execute the idea but I am building gradually. I will never ask any Nigerian to bring money to invest in it... Never will. I believe I can raise that money by myself.

2 Likes

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by futurism: 5:28am On Oct 07, 2017
shinebabe:
Isnt this something that should be on front page? Especially today being independence day. Maybe this thread will help upcoming techies learn the ways to go about starting up and knowing the pit falls they should expect in the rough road.

Lalasticlala how far?

Thanks op for bringing this up, and for @mantiger, I expect to see more of your research/ inventions. Who says you can't even get finding through Nairaland if you know how to go about it?

I was about to even mention it. He should have created a thread on Nairaland back then to get help.

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by futurism: 5:37am On Oct 07, 2017
mekyno777:
Tnx
lol. If only you guys know what the owner of this forum stand for, you won't bother. I still have a date with them... I don't forgive people who oppress others when in power. I don't mind how much it will cost me.
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by AgentOfAllah: 7:56am On Oct 07, 2017
Mr ManTiger,
It's a great innovative and industrious spirit you embody, and I'm pleased to hear you're still trying your hands on many other things.
That said, do you think DSTv may have had other reasons, besides being anti-innovation, to reject your proposal? Think of it: The satellite which they use to broadcast their services across Africa doesn't belong to them, so they have to purchase a bulk but finite amount of bandwidth transponders from the owners, maybe a few 100s of Mbits/s. They would also have had to state the specific service for which that bandwidth was purchased. Now, given your technology was only yours at the time, and you say you were browsing at 4mbps, maybe that amount of bandwidth would go unnoticed if it's coming from a handful of users, but imagine they added this new service to their offering then:

(1) They'd either be using the bandwidth allocated to them for an illegal activity.
(2) Or they may manage to renegotiate the deal to include internet services, but their bandwidth will become significantly insufficient for all their customers, and each person would barely be able to browse at 1KB/s. This would also detrimentally affect their core product (DTH Tv).
(3) They'd then have to purchase significantly more bandwidth to service their internet offering. You may not know this, but renting satellite transponders is extremely expensive. A 40mbps transponder may cost $1.8 million per year, so it would take just 10 of you to exhaust one full transponder for 4mb/s internet services. Now try and picture how many of those they'd have to rent to service their millions of customers, and the astronomical amount they'd have to pay for poor fidelity service. In 2010, people could already get faster and significantly cheaper internet services in Nigeria.

So they made an economic decision that was very much in their interest. For the same reasons, I don't believe TSTv is using the same technology you developed for their internet service. They're probably using the more robust and cheaper HSPA and LTE networks presently available from mobile service providers. If you wanna patent your technology, you probably still can, I hear Google is initiating a low orbit satellite project to provide free internet to the rest of the world, so keep your dream alive....it may yet prove useful for the future of the internet...who knows?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by futurism: 9:35am On Oct 07, 2017
AgentOfAllah:
Mr ManTiger,
It's a great innovative and industrious spirit you embody, and I'm pleased to hear you're still trying your hands on many other things.
That said, do you think DSTv may have had other reasons, besides being anti-innovation, to reject your proposal? Think of it: The satellite which they use to broadcast their services across Africa doesn't belong to them, so they have to purchase a bulk but finite amount of bandwidth transponders from the owners, maybe a few 100s of Mbits/s. They would also have had to state the specific service for which that bandwidth was purchased. Now, given your technology was only yours at the time, and you say you were browsing at 4mbps, maybe that amount of bandwidth would go unnoticed if it's coming from a handful of users, but imagine they added this new service to their offering then:

(1) They'd either be using the bandwidth allocated to them for an illegal activity.
(2) Or they may manage to renegotiate the deal to include internet services, but their bandwidth will become significantly insufficient for all their customers, and each person would barely be able to browse at 1KB/s. This would also detrimentally affect their core product (DTH Tv).
(3) They'd then have to purchase significantly more bandwidth to service their internet offering. You may not know this, but renting satellite transponders is extremely expensive. A 40mbps transponder may cost $1.8 million per year, so it would take just 10 of you to exhaust one full transponder for 4mb/s internet services. Now try and picture how many of those they'd have to rent to service their millions of customers, and the astronomical amount they'd have to pay for poor fidelity service. In 2010, people could already get faster and significantly cheaper internet services in Nigeria.

So they made an economic decision that was very much in their interest. For the same reasons, I don't believe TSTv is using the same technology you developed for their internet service. They're probably using the more robust and cheaper HSPA and LTE networks presently available from mobile service providers. If you wanna parent your technology, you probably still can, I hear Google is initiating a low orbit satellite project to provide free internet to the rest of the world, so keep your dream alive....it may yet prove useful for the future of the internet...who knows?
the man you are talking to has been banned
Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by spartacus11(m): 12:41am On Oct 09, 2017
ManTiger:

Yea, thanks so much for your encouragement, we are 3 brothers and our youngest brother is currently studying in Canada, whe have tons of research and the latest one we are currently pursuing is called CIEID, it is solely to enhance children's education because we believe that children are 20% of our current population but 100% of our future. Our facebook page and twitter handle is @CieidWorldWide, My twitter handle is @MideMrPossible, I share stories about my life from time to time in a comical way, the truth is when I did this research, I was just 22yrs Old, fresh graduate, no job, no source of income but I never let the innovation lead me to destruction, many has been showing their displeasure through my emails and DM how stupid I was but I wasn't stupid, the system made all of us handicapped! There is more we can all do if there is an enabling environment.

Thanks once again.

I will love to be part of this project, and any other inspiring project u may have. How do i contact u, and schedule a meeting, thanks

1 Like

Re: Man Share Emotional Story And His Encounter With Dstv about his research in 2010 by pedrilo: 7:03am On Oct 09, 2017
Reminds me of my days in uni as an IT savy guy.
I used to modify opera mini and insert my photo in it and install in my fone. A special opera mini app by me installed in my fone.
Not sure I can do DAT again today.
Wat a shame!
Nigeria do not support her talents cos our leaders do not have or know the importance of having a talent.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How The Middlebelt Will Vote Next Year / Eyewitness Account Of How Ipob Killed Dora Akunyili Husband / Corruption: Prof. Olayemi Akinwunmi Quried By FULokoja Governing Council

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.