Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,017 members, 7,818,009 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid (30965 Views)

Why Is No One Talking About Fayose's Presidential Ambition? / Fayose's Presidential Declaration Address/Speech (Full Text & Photos) / Ayo Fayose Presidential Campaign Buses In Abuja (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by lagosrd: 8:54am On Sep 29, 2017
SBG04:

I believe the person you're referring to is Lee Kwan yew. I read his book once- from third word to first world. In that book yew spoke about his experience in Nigeria. His meeting with Okotie-eboh in the 60's. How stunningly corrupt the man, and most of Nigeria's politicians at that time, were. We should be happy we have a leader who like yew, is selfless and doesn't steal or try to cover up theft. The likes of Lamido and Fayose remind me of the Nigeria that Yew described in His book. A Nigeria where politicians feel they're entitled, by force, to Nigeria's money.

Yes sorry that was a typo. Ure right in your assertion but for how long do we want to give excuses for not getting it right
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by AdeniyiA(m): 8:55am On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Saying Buhari doesn't know how to handle the economy is an understatement..Buhari doesn't know how to handle anything
Haahhh...you can't say, do you know how he does that in za oza room with Aisha?? ?
cool wink

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by awa(m): 8:59am On Sep 29, 2017
Sirjamo:
Many Nairalanders are good at typing rubbish, if you ask them what they could have done differently from what Buhari is doing now despite having to work with 55 percent lower resources, I am sure they would have nothing to say.

While not abusing many Nairalanders as typing rubbish, you can highlight what Buhari has done with the few resources available? Mind you people saying what pains them doesn't mean they don't support your Buhari.
From what we are meant to believe, this regime is not corrupt hence we expect them to usefully use the few available resources wisely to better the lots of many Nigerians.
Bros, this regime has just failed like others before it so stop making excuses for them
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by SBG04: 9:04am On Sep 29, 2017
lagosrd:

Yes sorry that was a typo. Ure right in your assertion but for how long do we want to give excuses for not getting it right
In my own personal opinion, I think we got it right with Buhari. Buhari has come at a good time to clear the mess from decades long corruption. For the first time since 1999 the FG can boast that it knows exactly how much it earns and collects because of the TSA. For the first time in a long time we have a President who is not building a Mansion somewhere in His village or a Presidential Library in His village. Now we need to build on that small progress we've made and not make the mistake of going back to our vomit with the likes of Lamido and Fayose. That's why I'm in support of bringing in technocrats like Osinbajo or El-rufai to take over from Buhari and build on the small foundation he has built. Buhari hasnt solved all our problems, no! but he has laid the foundation. We cannot afford to go back to the likes of Lamido and Fayose whose only interest is our money.
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by ihatesycophant(m): 9:10am On Sep 29, 2017
BackToLife:
I REALLY PITY YORUBAS!!! IF FAYOSHE WAS IGBO, I'M SURE IGBOS WOULD SUPPORT HIM ENMASSE, LIKEWISE IF HE WAS HAUSA. THIS IS FEDERAL, NOT STATE. BUHARI OR ATIKU WOULD NOT FAVOUR YORUBAS LIKE FAYOSHE WOULD DO.
YORUBAS!!! FOR ONCE, LEARN FROM OTHER TRIBES. SUPPORT FAYOSHE!!!
HAUSA/FULANI NORTH KEEP GANGING UP TO ENSLAVE IGBO/YORUBA SOUTH. IGBOS AND YORUBA BACK UP THIS FAYOSHE TO SHOW HAUSAS/FULANI WE ARE NOT THEIR SLAVES. SOME SAY FAYOSHE IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH, IS BUHARI BETTER?!!! HAUSAS WOULD SUPPORT EVEN A HAUSA COW OVER A SOUTHERN KING.
You're saying rubbish of the highest order. Yoruba would never support illegality, unstable man, corrupt individuals. Your tribe may continue drumming and roll out dancers for those doing illegal things Yoruba don't care but it would remain you, your tribe and God on the judgement day. If you and your tribe have been telling evil men what God asked us to do by chastising them and correct them, Nigeria would have been free of evil men to some extent. You people are doing more damage than good to the system and tomorrow you guys would start shouting bad economy, things are hard, govt is bad, we're marginalised, these set of leaders are not good. Pls I beg you continue supporting evil men to the detriment of the system. Yoruba will always place its own where they belong, ask OBJ, Bode George, Kasamu, Demeji Bankole, Dino etc. Evil men are evil men, they can't be called Popes or sheikhs.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by pafisayo(m): 9:13am On Sep 29, 2017
abescom:
It is hypocrisy that make you lot happy when the government loses a corruption case due to corrupt judges and lawyers and then cry wolf when people don't get convicted.

I have come to the conclusion that some of you hate for Buhari is bigger than your desire for the wellness of everyone including your own very families.

It doesn't matter if Buhari doing badly affects your family, he just simply must do badly. Some sort of illness it must be.

Please tell them... Military rule and 16 years from PDP coupled with the corrupt judges lawyers etc plays a lot as to why most of these thieves go slot free.
Am average Nigerian should know our law is tailored in such a way that it becomes an herculean task to convict a politician or public officer holder or members of the Senate.
The real cabal holding this country to ransom is we the citizen and our mind set. Some people would prefer to buy a bag of rice for 8k if PDP takes over but d truth is we want to eat 8k bag of rice while eating our future and children's future.
An average PDP member wants this country to fail so they can come back and take power... In a civilized country the opposition party supports d present government and ensure they provide constructive criticism to ensure the survival of their nation while also projecting their plans, visions of how they can do better.
But in Naija it's all about the present party failing so we (opposition party) can take over
God will heal our mind set only Nigerians can Heal NIGERIA
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by awa(m): 9:14am On Sep 29, 2017
abescom:
But can you honestly with all conscience say that those that the courts have vindicated are not corrupt? Be honest.

Problem is corruption is ingrained in the skins of the judges. It takes a miracle to get a conviction in Nigeria when the elites are involved.

And let's not forget some people returned monies which in itself is indictment.

Bros hope you have not forgotten that Buhari recommends the Attorney General of the Federation/Minister of Justice who oversees the Judiciary? Buhari is the de facto head of APC that has the majority in both Chambers of the Parliament? What anti corruption law has he signed into law?

Buhari was just over hyped as an upright man before the election. We didn't elect him for excuses because GEJ's cluelessness was already enough excuse for us.

Buhari lack leadership qualities because where he should create synergy he couldn't, where he should dialogue with Agitators he choose war, the BH he shouldn't have negotiated with he preferred to dine with.

2019 Nigerians should decide and may APC be willing to accept the verdict.
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by pafisayo(m): 9:19am On Sep 29, 2017
SBG04:

In my own personal opinion, I think we got it right with Buhari. Buhari has come at a good time to clear the mess from decades long corruption. For the first time since 1999 the FG can boast that it knows exactly how much it earns and collects because of the TSA. For the first time in a long time we have a President who is not building a Mansion somewhere in His village or a Presidential Library in His village. Now we need to build on that small progress we've made and not make the mistake of going back to our vomit with the likes of Lamido and Fayose. That's why I'm in support of bringing in technocrats like Osinbajo or El-rufai to take over from Buhari and build on the small foundation he has built. Buhari hasnt solved all our problems, no! but he has laid the foundation. We cannot afford to go back to the likes of Lamido and Fayose whose only interest is our money.

God bless you... Poverty has rubbed most of our young mind the ability to think
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by amerlino(m): 9:22am On Sep 29, 2017
yarimo:
what is your problem?
u better snap out of ur delusion, if corruption is our only problem why are people suffering needlessly
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by fay39: 9:26am On Sep 29, 2017
soon the court shall drag his nose and that of his sons for their inhumane looting
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by abescom: 9:28am On Sep 29, 2017
awa:

Bros hope you have not forgotten that Buhari recommends the Attorney General of the Federation/Minister of Justice who oversees the Judiciary? Buhari is the de facto head of APC that has the majority in both Chambers of the Parliament? What anti corruption law has he signed into law?

Buhari was just over hyped as an upright man before the election. We didn't elect him for excuses because GEJ's cluelessness was already enough excuse for us.

Buhari lack leadership qualities because where he should create synergy he couldn't, where he should dialogue with Agitators he choose war, the BH he shouldn't have negotiated with he preferred to dine with.

2019 Nigerians should decide and may APC be willing to accept the verdict.
I am a big fan of Buhari and one who says the true. In the end I am a bigger fan of my country and Family and if Buhari is messing up I say it.

On the corruption cases no one who is sincere would say he didn't try. He sure did. Unfortunately corrupt judges and Buhari's own past ( he is arm strung by some of his past) have ensured we didn't make any tangible headway.
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by DonConst(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=SalamRushdie post=60928675]Saying Buhari doesn't know how to handle the economy is an understatement..Buhari doesn't know how to handle anything[/quote
grin grin grin grin grin grin...I dey laugh

Most unfortunate.

I hope Nigerian will learn from their mistake

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by Praktikals(m): 9:29am On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
Saying Buhari doesn't know how to handle the economy is an understatement..Buhari doesn't know how to handle anything
If nothing else, he sure knows how to handle miscreants like IPOB
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by awa(m): 9:32am On Sep 29, 2017
pafisayo:

Please tell them... Military rule and 16 years from PDP coupled with the corrupt judges lawyers etc plays a lot as to why most of these thieves go slot free.
Am average Nigerian should know our law is tailored in such a way that it becomes an herculean task to convict a politician or public officer holder or members of the Senate.
The real cabal holding this country to ransom is we the citizen and our mind set. Some people would prefer to buy a bag of rice for 8k if PDP takes over but d truth is we want to eat 8k bag of rice while eating our future and children's future.
An average PDP member wants this country to fail so they can come back and take power... In a civilized country the opposition party supports d present government and ensure they provide constructive criticism to ensure the survival of their nation while also projecting their plans, visions of how they can do better.
But in Naija it's all about the present party failing so we (opposition party) can take over

It's so annoying to me that it might have taken you enough time to write this beautiful pointless comment. I adore your writing prowess though, despite the expressionless nature of the write-up.

However permit me to refresh your memory on one thing, what most people are after remains fulfilment of those contractual agreement they believe they had with Buhari as an upright man before voting him.
The narrative isn't about PDP nor APC nor even past Military regime which coincidentally he is part of it.

I can console myself and perhaps others if Buhari is currently working on putting necessary mechanism in place to checkmate corruption even when he might no longer be there. Buhari unlike any other past leader of this nation came on board highly recommended and with 80% goodwill of the people. What other panacea does he wants to drastically change fortunes of this nation? He could have created synergy with the National Assembly led by his party to rewrite history for this nation but he wasted the rare opportunity given to him due to personal ego and bigotry.

It's high time we stopped making irrelevant excuses for Buhari because of his glaring failure.
What actually pains me as a Citizen of this nation is that it might take us longer time for the masses to give their goodwill to any future leader in Nigeria as they did for Buhari.

Thanks and enjoy the change
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by abescom: 9:34am On Sep 29, 2017
pafisayo:

It is sad honestly. People would rather the government fails so someone from their region takes over. They have sold their souls to tribalism and bigotry.

But I personally won't give up on this country just yet.
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by SalamRushdie: 9:35am On Sep 29, 2017
Praktikals:

If nothing else, he sure knows how to handle miscreants like IPOB

Actually another thing he didn't handle well from the onset till date ...IPOB is now a human rights damocles sword hanging over the legacy of this govt
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by awa(m): 9:38am On Sep 29, 2017
abescom:
I am a big fan of Buhari and one who says the true. In the end I am a bigger fan of my country and Family and if Buhari is messing up I say it.

On the corruption cases no one who is sincere would say he didn't try. He sure did. Unfortunately corrupt judges and Buhari's own past ( he is arm strung by some of his past) have ensured we didn't make any tangible headway.

Bros I respect you Sir and your submission. What I find more interesting is your conclusion. You are on point Boss. Maximum Respect Sir....
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by amerlino(m): 9:42am On Sep 29, 2017
Sirjamo:
Many Nairalanders are good at typing rubbish, if you ask them what they could have done differently from what Buhari is doing now despite having to work with 55 percent lower resources, I am sure they would have nothing to say.
my dear shut up,do u think there is any common sense or wisdom in wat you urself wrote? no more excuses. Hw do u explain his tribalistic appointments and biased stand in fighting the so called corruption. Remember lawal's case since march is still pending even after the celebration that was held when VP submitted his thesis on the corruption perpetrated by the said Lawal and then coming to depleted resources, mehnn i tried to get ur point but got confused cos if he knew he cant do that why contest? And even so why didnt he resign honourably takin his health into consideration and more importantly d tons and loads of money recovered from corrupt people he wasted on his vegetable body? Wat have u to say on these? To me buhari has no excuse for his failures, its better people like u better stand up to d facts. We better put Nigeria ist before our tribes and ethnic groups and religion
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by Praktikals(m): 9:44am On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Actually another thing he didn't handle well from the onset till date ...IPOB is now a human rights damocles sword hanging over the legacy of this govt
Why did you use human right and terrorism in the same sentence?
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by supremsuccess(m): 10:04am On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:
as long as he can handle the other room, he don't give a Bleep about anything.
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by Bede2u(m): 10:07am On Sep 29, 2017
abescom:
But can you honestly with all conscience say that those that the courts have vindicated are not corrupt? Be honest.

Problem is corruption is ingrained in the skins of the judges. It takes a miracle to get a conviction in Nigeria when the elites are involved.

And let's not forget some people returned monies which in itself is indictment.
lol. I cant too in all honesty say that those that the courts vindicated arent innocent.
Obj was able to get conviction for Alameheseia
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by SalamRushdie: 10:13am On Sep 29, 2017
supremsuccess:
as long as he can handle the other room, he don't give a Bleep about anything.

But he is not even handling za oza room properly
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by Nobody: 10:23am On Sep 29, 2017
so that how PDP will field this one as their presidential candidate. That party has no future
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by jrusky(m): 10:35am On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Correct talk.

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by Austinoiz(m): 10:39am On Sep 29, 2017
SalamRushdie:

Lol! Na u dey handle his wife for am?

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by krownjoy97: 11:05am On Sep 29, 2017
9ja should learn hw to aprc8 leaders, anyway, PMB his doing gr8. Kudos to him
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by EKPETI(m): 11:11am On Sep 29, 2017
Hmmm, u see any group agitating for anything in this country is for their own interest not the region they claim they are fighting for. If u think am wrong come to south south.

God said my people suffer because of lack of Wisdom. PMB might hv d heart to fix dis country but he does not how to do it. D day I knew nothing reasonable will come out of this govt was when PMB listed d names of his ministers.

If PMB wnt to fix dis country bring in technocrats to ur admin and judiciary should be autonomous. Have a heart felt talk with the NA. Let there be check and balance. Restructure if need be, for d good of all. Put in policies that set d ball rolling. Cut down unnecessary govt expenses. Let there be time lag for projects. Anyone with criminal records should not be in govt.

If any govt do d above, I swear, u will see massive change. Ask China?
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by EKPETI(m): 11:23am On Sep 29, 2017
#wayforward, PMB, Politicians and U knows that this our constitution we are using is bad. They are a lot of loop holes there. Bring representatives from each region who are good at what they do to write new constitution. We can be doing d same thing and expect different result.

We should go and copy from developed nations how they did it and do the same.

For the past 2yrs, this govt is not achieved something tangible( not what to see but no road map) but blaming GEJ.

Pls, PMB, some persons believed in u, u can still perform by getting ur vibes right not with Ameachi, Fashola, Ngige, Segun Oni, etc. Shop 4 technocrats in their respective field and start something.
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by abescom: 11:26am On Sep 29, 2017
Bede2u:
lol. I cant too in all honesty say that those that the courts vindicated arent innocent.
Obj was able to get conviction for Alameheseia
Difference between Obj and Buhari is that Obj didn't have a past armstrunging him. And he doesn't mind bribing his way through.
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by DOCKY2020(m): 11:28am On Sep 29, 2017
U are right jare...
SalamRushdie:

1 Like

Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by Charly68: 11:34am On Sep 29, 2017
I love this man,he knows how to drive with his mouth ..Baba Lamido..full of audacity
Re: Sule Lamido Carpets Buhari, APC, Reacts To Fayose’s Presidential Bid by Bede2u(m): 11:37am On Sep 29, 2017
abescom:
Difference between Obj and Buhari is that Obj didn't have a past armstrunging him. And he doesn't mind bribing his way through.
can u explaining the past armstrunging buhari

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Salihu Tanko Yakasai: Kaduna-Kano Rail Will Never Be Completed – Ganduje’s Aide / No Bomb Blast Since After APC Victory In Osun State - DSS Spokesperson / 'I Won’t Return To APC' – Governor Ortom

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.