Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,880 members, 7,817,594 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:11 PM

How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works (10413 Views)

I'm Crying - See How Scam Is Destroying Lives In Nigeria / Nigerian Man Sentenced To 5 Years In Prison For Wire Wire Scam / Wire Wire (Yahoo Yahoo) Why Are They All Going To Ghana For Pilgrimage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by Nobody: 9:03am On Sep 29, 2017
I’ve always wondered exactly how these scams work, but I’ve never taken the
time to look it up.

Basically, this “job” involves A receiving very specific money
transfer requests from B he found on Craigslist or whatever site. He gets a
transfer, sometimes Western Union, sometimes an Interac or email
transfer, he then has to cash it and transer it to someone else. The guy
usually wants this done within the next hour or so.
The B explained that what he’s doing is a business deal
over the internet or something, then he has to transfer it in A's
name and then he has to collect the money and transfer it to some other
person (a Nigerian!).

Is this some sort of money laundering scam? YES

Their MODUS OPRANDI:
They send you a fake check through whatever means they use in contacting you, and expect you to cash the cheque at your bank promising you a sum or they'll tell you to cash the cheque and also spend a certain amount from the cashed cheque to gain their trust with instructions of sending the remaining over to someone in west Africa through western union or others. They will likely bomb you with text to complete their transaction.

THE ONUS:
if you cash that cheque or become greedy too, spending the cashed sum (you'll end up spending your future lol) because your account will be reading minus by the time you done celebrating. it takes time (7 days or more I guess) before banks verifies it,because The cheque cleared your bank but hasn’t cleared BOTH banks!

*Scammer has some pretense to send a check (e.g. ‘I’d like to buy
the bike you listed on Craigslist, but I’m visiting Africa and won’t be
back for a few months…’)
*Scammer ‘accidentally’ writes the check for WAY too much ($1000
too much) and begs a favor: ‘could you cash the check and mail
the change back to me? If you do, I’ll let you keep $200!’
Happy dupe goes and cashes the check, keeps the $200 that the
‘generous’ scammer offered, and sends cash back.
Two days later, he is contacted by his bank, who says that the
check was fake and that he owes them $1000 .
Someone cries himself to sleep every night for the next month.

1 Like

Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by Supersuave2(m): 9:27am On Sep 29, 2017
T'awan boiz ba gba e mu

1 Like

Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 29, 2017
Supersuave2:
T'awan boiz ba gba e mu

we need to stop encouraging scams, that's why they have also becomes local......scamming us sef.

please call lala

4 Likes

Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by Supersuave2(m): 9:45am On Sep 29, 2017
dammyloye:

we need to stop encouraging scams, that's why they have also becomes local......scamming us sef.

please call lala
True tho.

Lalasticlala..woss wobi, won pe e!! *in CDQ's voice*

1 Like

Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by seangy4konji: 10:11am On Sep 29, 2017
how old are you?
Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by AkProsper(m): 11:39am On Sep 29, 2017
hhhmmm
Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by 2shure: 5:02pm On Sep 29, 2017
Ppl still rey bomb craigslist
Craigslist ron cast since na
Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by kevoh(m): 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
Is it this nonsense format people now call Yahoo plus? This pretty basic playing on human greed na ( and gullibility)
Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by FuckBooy: 8:49am On Oct 01, 2017
kevoh:
Is it this nonsense format people now call Yahoo plus? This pretty basic playing on human greed na ( and gullibility)

Na old shii be this bruh
Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by YB007(m): 12:53pm On Jan 08, 2019
Lol, Abeg who need account for Chinko and JP inbox me sharp sharp
Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by Richhustlershub(m): 2:25am On Dec 28, 2020
You have written well ,keep it up , I have some similar write up on that, you can check it out at Wire Wire Format

1 Like

Re: How Scam Transfers(wire Wire) Works by Nobody: 11:44am On May 29, 2022

(1) (Reply)

Hushpuppi: Pictures Before And After Maga Don Pay / Ex-Police Corporal, Chinedu Nwachukwu Remanded In Prison In Abia / You Are Free To Rape Virgin Girls Says The Bible

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.