Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,213 members, 7,818,722 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:52 PM

Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) (12714 Views)

Prophet Mohammed Was A Womaniser? / How To Prove To A Christian That Jesus Was A Muslim? / Prophet Mohammed's Married Life Explained: U Can Ask Your Questions Politely (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by alimat2(f): 5:49pm On Mar 05, 2010
John15 vs 26
But   when d helper comes, whom i shall send to you frm the father, the spirit of truth  who proceeds frm the father, he will testify of me
27  And you also will bear withness becos you hav been with me from the begining.

john.14.16
i will ask the father and he will give you another helper who will stay with you forever

John16Vs 7

Nevertheless i tell you the truth.It is to your advantage that i go away;for[b] if i do not go the away,the hepler will not come to you:but if i depart, I will send him to you.[/b]

8:And when He has come , he will convict the world of sin and of righteouness and of Judgement:

9:   Of sin because they do not believe in me (the Jews)
10: Of righteouness because I go to my father and you see me no more;
11: Of judgement becaus the ruler of this world is judged
12: I still have many things to say to you but u can not bear them now.
13: However, when He, the spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth;for he will not speak on his own authority,but whatever he hears he will speak;and he will tell u things to come.
If u  deny the fact that Prophet mohammed(peace unto him) was the helper jesus(peace unto him) refering to in the Bible verses above u can do that with a valid prove and not just human view.

If u are among those that deny Prophet Mohammed u are just doing what the jews did by denying Jesus(peace unto him)

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by kulsheiddy(f): 5:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
the holy Ghost is the helper and we have the holy spirit with us now
never the mohammed and it will never be

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by alimat2(f): 6:07pm On Mar 05, 2010
^^^^^^^^^,
If holy ghost is d helper then How long as its being existing ? Who is d holy ghost?

John16Vs 7
Nevertheless i tell you the truth.It is to your advantage that i go away;for[b] if i do not go the away,the hepler will not come to you:but if i depart, I will send him to you.[/b]
[quote][/quote]

Frm this bible verse it is very clear that not until Jesus depart b4 the helper can come but the holy ghost has being exixting far b4 the birth of jesus.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by karo93: 6:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
It is the holy spirit that is given only to the followers of Jesus.they need the holy spirit for these reasons;

1.to reveal the truth about God to jesus's followers[john 16.13 and 14.17]

2.So that people will be able to do the will of God i.e he will direct their ways[mt.10.20 and 12.18]

3.For the followers of jesus to be able to worship God  as he is[john 4.24]

4.to stay with the followers of christ forever

As we can all see muhammed did none of these

the holy spirit had been existing but had no been with the followers of christ
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by alimat2(f): 7:21pm On Mar 05, 2010
If d holy spirit is d helper then y jesus hav to say all d world above since d spirit hav been existing 4 long

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by sleek29(m): 11:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
The Holy spirit is the helper, and he helped the apostles spread the Gospel by giving them boldness read from acts 1:4, when Jesus asked them to wait for the promise of the Father that they shall be baptized (immersed) with the Holy Spirit not many days from now, books like revelations would not have been revealed without the Holy Spirit.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by Nobody: 11:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
alimat 2:

John15 vs 26
But   when d helper comes, whom i shall send to you frm the father, the spirit of truth  who proceeds frm the father, he will testify of me
27  And you also will bear withness becos you hav been with me from the begining.

john.14.16
i will ask the father and he will give you another helper who will stay with you forever

John16Vs 7

8:And when He has come , he will convict the world of sin and of righteouness and of Judgement:

9:   Of sin because they do not believe in me (the Jews)
10: Of righteouness because I go to my father and you see me no more;
11: Of judgement becaus the ruler of this world is judged
12: I still have many things to say to you but u can not bear them now.
13: However, when He, the spirit of truth, has come, He will guide you into all truth;for he will not speak  on his   own  authority,but whatever he hears he will speak;and he will tell u things to come.
If u  deny the fact that Prophet mohammed(peace unto him) was the helper jesus(peace unto him) refering to in the Bible verses above u can do that with a valid prove and not just human view.

If u are among those that deny Prophet Mohammed u are just doing what the jews did by denying Jesus(peace unto him)

Again the desperate struggle to force mohammad into the bible muslims claim is corrupt and worthless. How confused can a people be?
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 1:08am On Mar 06, 2010
@slee29: « #5 on: Yesterday at 11:57:24 PM »
The Holy spirit is the helper,
unproven statement for ghostly thing can help anyone. if you believe he helped then proof it out for all to see, in the textural description of what jesus said of the "Comforter."

and he helped the apostles spread the Gospel by giving them boldness
how if he did not speak? or the disciples heard a voice, and was there a witness of his, her or its oratory? jesus probably lied or its the bible writers who lied. my money is on Jesus as speaker of truth.

read from acts 1:4, when Jesus asked them to wait for the promise of the Father
father you said, now. for sure son is not father, unless fakery is in play? but then, i often asked, if a child is the son of a father, then his mother must be a wife of the father. so is mary the wife of father, considering that one of the christians have the picture of a woman breast feeding a baby with a wow caption; see mary breast feeding the lord.

that they shall be baptized (immersed) with the Holy Spirit not many days from now,
lies of the christians, since the children of israel are ever baptised, but barmitva at age 13, the age of coming of age, meaning you can be married just after.

books like revelations would not have been revealed without the Holy Spirit.
then tell us how the ghostly spirit spoke to the writers of the books of revelation(s)? was it by voices, or head speeches or dreams, or some assortment of the three? whatever you choose, you will realise that it is not as jesus said of the "comforter"; he shall not speak of his own, but what he hears he shall speak, and he shall glorify me, teaching you new things (since jesus didnt complete all the teachings) and he shall remind you of the truth about me (what jesus truly said, and not what liars ascribed to jesus).

@davidylan (m)
Again the desperate struggle to force mohammad into the bible muslims claim is corrupt and worthless. How confused can a people be?
Muhammad(as) being forced into your gospel as the "comforter" is not as unimaginable as your effort, as a christian to deduce that any part of the torah of the Jews speak of trinity/three personalities or persons God, making Jesus as one of them. no authentic jew accepts this notion, though they hold your salvation, you a christian who depends on them still insist that their God is three and jesus is one of them. you see the insanity in your thought, rather your idea of God Almighty Who is beyond death? yet your god, jesus died (sorry in a coma for some period of time; less than three days, from friday just before sunset to the dawn of the following sunday, sometimes before the sun rose. if this is the nature of your God, you are no better than the hindus, mister man. at least the hindus are sincere, unlike your lying heart.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by sleek29(m): 10:28am On Mar 06, 2010
nopuqeater:

@slee29: « #5 on: Yesterday at 11:57:24 PM » unproven statement for ghostly thing can help anyone. if you believe he helped then proof it out for all to see, in the textural description of what jesus said of the "Comforter."

how if he did not speak? or the disciples heard a voice, and was there a witness of his, her or its oratory? jesus probably lied or its the bible writers who lied. my money is on Jesus as speaker of truth.

father you said, now. for sure son is not father, unless fakery is in play? but then, i often asked, if a child is the son of a father, then his mother must be a wife of the father. so is mary the wife of father, considering that one of the christians have the picture of a woman bosom feeding a baby with a wow caption; see mary bosom feeding the lord.

lies of the christians, since the children of israel are ever baptised, but barmitva at age 13, the age of coming of age, meaning you can be married just after.

then tell us how the ghostly spirit spoke to the writers of the books of revelation(s)? was it by voices, or head speeches or dreams, or some assortment of the three? whatever you choose, you will realise that it is not as jesus said of the "comforter"; he shall not speak of his own, but what he hears he shall speak, and he shall glorify me, teaching you new things (since jesus didnt complete all the teachings) and he shall remind you of the truth about me (what jesus truly said, and not what liars ascribed to jesus).

@davidylan (m)Muhammad(as) being forced into your gospel as the "comforter" is not as unimaginable as your effort, as a christian to deduce that any part of the torah of the Jews speak of trinity/three personalities or persons God, making Jesus as one of them. no authentic jew accepts this notion, though they hold your salvation, you a christian who depends on them still insist that their God is three and jesus is one of them. you see the insanity in your thought, rather your idea of God Almighty Who is beyond death? yet your god, jesus died (sorry in a coma for some period of time; less than three days, from friday just before sunset to the dawn of the following sunday, sometimes before the sun rose. if this is the nature of your God, you are no better than the hindus, mister man. at least the hindus are sincere, unlike your lying heart.

why do we have people like this on nairaland, does all of this crap makes any sense?

1 Like

Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by karo93: 11:35am On Mar 06, 2010

2.So that people will be able to do the will of God i.e he will direct their ways[mt.10.20 and 12.18]

3.For the followers of jesus to be able to worship God as he is[john 4.24]

This argument should go no further because muhammed did none of these and the comforter was supposed to be with the disciples of christ but muhammed never saw them which means that either he is not the one or the comforter never came.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by Nobody: 11:46am On Mar 07, 2010
I ve made up my mind not to come bother muslims here,but cant help but do,cus ignorant thread,ignorant interpretation&by ignorant pple will spark my anger.
Alimat, if Jesus said d helper will be with us for ever why did mohammad die? He ought to av lived forever if indeed he was d helper.
God is a spirit&God never dies,d helper Jesus spoke about is a spirit which its self is God&hes already with us now&forever&not a mortal who himself has no spirit in him(Mohammad)
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 3:40am On Mar 08, 2010
@Karo93: « #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:35 AM »
didnt Jesus do that before he left, or there was something he hod away from them?

and Jesus didnt do that before he left? what then was Jesus job description?

3.For the followers of jesus to be able to worship God as he is[john 4.24]
And Jesus didnt tell them the best way to worship him before he left? What kinda God was he, if he could not even tell people that followed him so nearly how they should worship him, if he was God?

show me the physical comforter, if he is staying with you for ever? i wanna se him, except that he was that man, Muhammad (AS) who came after Jesus the human prophet (as) and taught what jesus could not have taught his companions who had immatured level of faith, which they passed on, and the later generations embellishe upon so terribly, until it was corrected, made aright, momorialized in the Unchanging Quran for all generations and all times, since over 1400 years and counting?

This argument should go no further because muhammed did none of these and the comforter was supposed to be with the disciples of christ but muhammed never saw them which means that either he is not the one or the comforter never came.
and Jesus said he would return while the disciples were still on earth. yet they are all dead now, and jesus had not returned! was jesus lying if your argument was that Muhammad was not the comforter he promised, since Jesus statement did not really turn out to be true, as i have indicated, above? if jesus did not lie, then what was written in the Bible about the time of the existence of the comforter on earth and your calling him a ghost, will have to be wrong!

@toba (m)« #10 on: Yesterday at 11:46:16 AM »
I ve made up my mind not to come bother muslims here,but cant help but do,cus ignorant thread,ignorant interpretation&by ignorant pple will spark my anger.
Alimat, if Jesus said d helper will be with us for ever why did mohammad die?
where is your helper, now? where is he located on earth, mr. toba, if he is still with you for ever? what book/manual of knowledge that you have of him? i wanna read it, just like i can read the Bible, even though i do not believe it contains 100% truth. at least it is available. show me the work of your comforter who is remaining with you for ever, if you are not confused of who the true Helper/Comforter (AS) is?

He ought to av lived forever if indeed he was d helper.
where is your everliving helper if it is not Muhammad who is now being represented by Quran and authentic hadith/Sunnah?

God is a spirit&God never dies,
and jesus died, according to the Bible. and according to your opinion here; what is jesus, if he died, since God does not die?

d helper Jesus spoke about is a spirit which its self is God&hes already with us now&forever&not a mortal who himself has no spirit in him(Mohammad)
empty statement from you, otherwise, show us the Helper, because Jesus said he will teach, he will glrify, he will remind. and did anyone hear his voice, because he was described that whatever he heard/instructed he will speak, and not of his own, but of God's commands. show us and defend your statement about god helping God being instructed to come by another god! i dont want to ridicule the fact that you said jesus died, yet he is with us, today, while we cant see him, but read the truth and the lies about him from the Bible. dont you think if the Bible represents Jesus, Quran and hadith represent Muhammad?
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by Nobody: 4:21pm On Mar 08, 2010
nopuqeater:

@toba (m)« #10 on: Yesterday at 11:46:16 AM » where is your helper, now? where is he located on earth, mr. toba, if he is still with you for ever? what book/manual of knowledge that you have of him? i wanna read it, just like i can read the Bible, even though i do not believe it contains 100% truth. at least it is available. show me the work of your comforter who is remaining with you for ever, if you are not confused of who the true Helper/Comforter (AS) is?

What do u know about spirit? can u identify one?
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by GODSON2009(m): 5:57pm On Mar 08, 2010
nopuqeater:

@Karo93: « #9 on: March 06, 2010, 11:35 AM » didnt Jesus do that before he left, or there was something he hod away from them?
he did but he only started a process,the holy spirit took over from him the earthly responsibilities of guiding the brethren
nopuqeater:

and Jesus didnt do that before he left? what then was Jesus job description?
to reconcile us back into his father's ultimate purpose which we have deviated from by the sin of our forefather and mother adam and eve.
nopuqeater:

And Jesus didnt tell them the best way to worship him before he left? What kinda God was he, if he could not even tell people that followed him so nearly how they should worship him, if he was God?
he did,but he only started a process if you remove your head from the sand that you have buried it in and think objectively you will realise his purpose he even said that he has come to fullfill his father's command,will an equal person or partner be commanded to go onearth and suffer violence??
nopuqeater:

show me the physical comforter, if he is staying with you for ever? i wanna se him, except that he was that man, Muhammad (AS) who came after Jesus the human prophet (as) and taught what jesus could not have taught his companions who had immatured level of faith, which they passed on, and the later generations embellishe upon so terribly, until it was corrected, made aright, momorialized in the Unchanging Quran for all generations and all times, since over 1400 years and counting?
i will personally show you that comforter if you can show me emotional feelings like love,hate,despondency,grief,faith e.t.c im sure you can see them in islam right ??
jesus knew that and he left behind 11 disciples including judas iscariot's replacement mnaking 12 not mentioning the other 70 disciples, it is not by force and we have been telling you for hundreds of years,"WE DO NOT ACCEPT MOHAMMAD AS A PROPHET,HE WAS NOTHING BUT A CHARLLATAN AND A FRAUD" cant you people take a hint??mohammad your prophet tried and he didnt suceed even afdter wiping several jewish settlements,and you think you can suceed

and Jesus said he would return while the disciples were still on earth.
[/quote]
show me where he said that in the bible,if you meant his 12 disciples if not then i hope you realise that modern day men of GOD in whatever capacities are also his disciples
nopuqeater:

yet they are all dead now, and jesus had not returned! was jesus lying if your argument was that Muhammad was not the comforter he promised, since Jesus statement did not really turn out to be true, as i have indicated, above? if jesus did not lie, then what was written in the Bible about the time of the existence of the comforter on earth and your calling him a ghost, will have to be wrong!
you cant make nebuluous statements without backing it up,in fact henceforth you are banned from making assertions about the bible you cant back up,this is not a beer parlour in surulere where you can just throw comments and assertions in the air and hope someone believes it!
mohammad was not the comforter,and judging by his moral decadence,contradictions e.t.c he can never be a comforter to his immediate family talk less of a whole nation,the bible did not make the assertion of a comforter without backing it up with other verses up untill revelations,till the present day men and women of GOD who are still doing signs and wonders by the power of that same holy spirit.
if you read the last line of your comment,you will realise it is not make any sense
[quote author=nopuqeater link=topic=408646.msg5646889#msg5646889 date=1268016011]
@toba (m)« #10 on: Yesterday at 11:46:16 AM » where is your helper, now? where is he located on earth, mr. toba, if he is still with you for ever? what book/manual of knowledge that you have of him? i wanna read it, just like i can read the Bible, even though i do not believe it contains 100% truth. at least it is available. show me the work of your comforter who is remaining with you for ever, if you are not confused of who the true Helper/Comforter (AS) is?
the fact that "scientifically verifiable" signs and wonders,miracles are still happening through men and women of GOD is enough to tell you that the holy spirit is still alive,im itching for you to tell me the miracles are fake then i will reffer you to john g lake in america,and how medical scientists properly conducted a test and showed him performing miracles healing cancer including kathryn kulman and numerous men and women of GOD all round the world even though your alledged comforter mohammad has been dead and buried and rotted to sand lol
where are your own signs and wonders in islam,apart from the bombs and killings grin
nopuqeater:

where is your everliving helper if it is not Muhammad who is now being represented by Quran and authentic hadith/Sunnah?
loooool so mohammad too has died and replace3 himself with a set of old books and parchments full of contradictionslooool that is a big shame,if that was the consensus why are the sunni and shias's fighting then since sucession shouldnt be an issue if you have old books to worship as your leader
nopuqeater:

and jesus died, according to the Bible. and according to your opinion here; what is jesus, if he died, since God does not die?
jesus like his own admission was the son of GOD who came "in human form" did you see him marry 6 yrs old girls? no
did you see him murdering and pillaging innocent travellers?no
did you see him snatching the wives of his disciples and followers?no
he never li9ved a life of luxury,he never married or had any issues,he never took what didnt belong to him in fact he lived a life on earth which any normal human being irrespective of their religiopus inclinations should live.
would you live like mohammad lived especially morally?
nopuqeater:

empty statement from you, otherwise, show us the Helper, because Jesus said he will teach, he will glrify, he will remind. and did anyone hear his voice, because he was described that whatever he heard/instructed he will speak, and not of his own, but of God's commands. show us and defend your statement about god helping God being instructed to come by another god! i dont want to ridicule the fact that you said jesus died, yet he is with us, today, while we cant see him, but read the truth and the lies about him from the Bible. dont you think if the Bible represents Jesus, Quran and hadith represent Muhammad?
i wonder how you interpret your academic questions,seeing as universities dont give straight questions.
go and google and find out what functions the triune did and that will give you some clarity,i gave this analogy here last year and i will do so again in the forlon hope that you will at least get an idea even if you dont believe,
i will use mike adenuga of globacom as an analogy,
mike adenuga is presiding over an empire and paddy adenuga his first son is his right hand man, if paddy represents his father in public functions and make donations fire and hire workers e.t.c has he over reached himself?
does it mean that paddy is equating himself with his father?
that is why jesus christ is GOD the son even though he is not on the same footing with his father, [paddy adenuga is equally a smaller general manager even though he is not of equal power as his father.
so your assertions is that paddy adenuga is going round calling himself the owner of globacom and other mike adenuga ventures,just because he called himself as smaller general manager and functioned as such, you see how absurd your arguments sound when you look at it in a world view stance??
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 4:35am On Mar 09, 2010
@toba: « #12 on: Yesterday at 04:21:52 PM »
What do u know about spirit? can u identify one?
i will identify 2 different groups for you and tell me which one is your god the spirit from. and in each group i will give you a name so that you will know that they are exclusively different and not similar;

group one; Angels; from them you have Gabreil.

group two: Jinns: from them you have shaitan.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 5:39am On Mar 09, 2010
@godSON2009: « #13 on: Yesterday at 05:57:17 PM »
he did but he only started a process,the holy spirit took over from him the earthly responsibilities of guiding the brethren
please calibrate what each did for us to see. just to torment you alittle, from the Bible, we read the quality of what jesus of the holy spirit/comforter that was to come. please show me a book like the gospel where the works, saying, teaching and voice of the spirit/comforter can be read! your empty statement will have to have meat around it, before we take it as you take the gospel of jesus, even though we see lies in the mist!

[Quote]to reconcile us back into his father's ultimate purpose which we have deviated from by the sin of our forefather and mother adam and eve.[/quote]show me a book, instead of empty blanketted statements! the sins of adam and the blame it on even, which are forever a stain on you, unless you are a dishonest man who intentionally forgot the consequences in the Bible!

[Quote]he did,but he only started a process if you remove your head from the sand that you have buried it in and think objectively you will realise his purpose he even said that he has come to fullfill his father's command,will an equal person or partner be commanded to go onearth and suffer violence??[/quote]my head was never in the sand (and you say you do not abuse anyone; liar), except that i want you to tell us how you must worship that God everyday. How did jesus worship God, versus how you do, now? who is right; and we know Jesus prostrated his face, and worship his Lord, many times at night, as he demostrated it in the garden of gashemane. now that your mode of worship is different, do you get that from the Ghost/Comforter? show me where I can read it!

i will personally show you that comforter if you can show me emotional feelings like love,hate,despondency,grief,faith e.t.c im sure you can see them in islam right ??
jesus knew that and he left behind 11 disciples including judas iscariot's replacement mnaking 12 not mentioning the other 70 disciples, it is not by force and we have been telling you for hundreds of years,"WE DO NOT ACCEPT MOHAMMAD AS A PROPHET,HE WAS NOTHING BUT A CHARLLATAN AND A FRAUD" cant you people take a hint??mohammad your prophet tried and he didnt suceed even afdter wiping several jewish settlements,and you think you can suceed
your thinking is like the thinking of a teacher who was telling his people that if God is not visible, then he does not exist. buyt God gave a pupil wisdom to ask the class if they see the brain of the teacher, which they said no. then the conclusion is the same the teacher, ms. beautiful does not have a brain, too. the difference here with your Spirit/Comforter which you said was not a human being was that Jesus said (unless you wanna say that he was a liar?) the people will hear the voice, see and will only say what he was told and glorify jesus reminding them the truth about him, as well as teach new things. now tell me, did the ghost do any of these and did anyone see him? Jesus said that he will return to his community before long. unfortunately the bible writers forgot that the disciple are all dead close to 200 years now, and Jesus had not returned! you have a problem, man.

[Quote]show me where he said that in the bible,if you meant his 12 disciples if not then i hope you realise that modern day men of GOD in whatever capacities are also his disciples[/quote]your lying heart will not let you speak the truth! annexed are biblical verses where your human god Jesus said he will be returning even while his disciples are still alive, and paul was not one of them. you need to quit lying, man: Matthew 16:28, in which he says "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." Another example is found at Luke 21:32, where he says "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." He makes similar statements in Luke 9:27 and Mark 9:1.

you cant make nebuluous statements without backing it up,in fact henceforth you are banned from making assertions about the bible you cant back up,this is not a beer parlour in surulere where you can just throw comments and assertions in the air and hope someone believes it!
mohammad was not the comforter,and judging by his moral decadence,contradictions e.t.c he can never be a comforter to his immediate family talk less of a whole nation,the bible did not make the assertion of a comforter without backing it up with other verses up untill revelations,till the present day men and women of GOD who are still doing signs and wonders by the power of that same holy spirit.
if you read the last line of your comment,you will realise it is not make any sense
thank you. now give me what the comforter/spirit heard that he repeated? what he taught that jesus did not teach? what he said of a reminder of jesus? what he corrected others about Jesus? what was his statement about the mother of jesus whom the jews felt deserved the same punishment as a prostitute or somebody involved in illegal sexual intercourse? talk to me, man. defend your version of spirit/comforter, even as you are telling us that he is influencing the chrsitians today, considering the nigerian leadership of the christians are playing wife tagging among themselves and doing all kind of weird miracles that are actually false.

[Quote]the fact that "scientifically verifiable" signs and wonders,miracles are still happening through men and women of GOD is enough to tell you that the holy spirit is still alive,im itching for you to tell me the miracles are fake then i will reffer you to john g lake in america,and how medical scientists properly conducted a test and showed him performing miracles healing cancer including kathryn kulman and numerous men and women of GOD all round the world even though your alledged comforter mohammad has been dead and buried and rotted to sand lol
where are your own signs and wonders in islam,apart from the bombs and killings[/quote]if only miracles are exclusively that of christians, maybe you may have a point. but it is not the case. even the buhdist and hindus experience miracles all the time. and when the miracles of the pastors are being proven to be lies from Johannnesburg to Jacksonville, then your argument is rubbish. i laugh in your face in portuguese; if muhammad is rotted to the sand, we at least know that other prophets did; adam, enoch, noah, father ibrahim just to name a few. one can swallow it while the death of a God will be impossible to accept. funny enough, the women prepared oil to rob on the body of the virgin man god, when it is not in the culture of the children of israel to keep their dead around, and or even want to oil him down. you are gullible to accept this nonsense!

[Quote]loooool so mohammad too has died and replace3 himself with a set of old books and parchments full of contradictionslooool that is a big shame,if that was the consensus why are the sunni and shias's fighting then since sucession shouldnt be an issue if you have old books to worship as your leader[/quote]laugh hard like a desert hyena, if that makes you happy; if you only have the gospel as the only means of keeping Jesus in your heart, then Quran and Sunnah do just as much for me. while your Bible is ever changing, my Quran and the authentic ahadith/sunnah are ever firm, without any addition or subtractions. while american constitution has amendments, in the same way the Bible is having latest editions, revisions and versions, Quran and authentic ahadith stand firm.

[Quote]jesus like his own admission was the son of GOD who came "in human form" did you see him marry 6 yrs old girls? no
did you see him murdering and pillaging innocent travellers?no
did you see him snatching the wives of his disciples and followers?no
he never li9ved a life of luxury,he never married or had any issues,he never took what didnt belong to him in fact he lived a life on earth which any normal human being irrespective of their religiopus inclinations should live.
would you live like mohammad lived especially morally?[/quote]Jesus did not marry so we dont know what his choice would have been. by the way Joohn did not marry, too. please i don t intend to insult jesus, so i will leave the rest of your rhetorics, alone. but then, when Jesu said he was a son of man, was he lyng, if you say he was son of God in human form? how about calling himself prophet, messenger of God, or even servant of his community? finally, if he was son of God in human form, what about all those sons of God in human form before him? are they chop liver, while jesus is the real mcCoy?

[Quote]i wonder how you interpret your academic questions,seeing as universities dont give straight questions.
go and google and find out what functions the triune did and that will give you some clarity,i gave this analogy here last year and i will do so again in the forlon hope that you will at least get an idea even if you dont believe,
i will use mike adenuga of globacom as an analogy,
mike adenuga is presiding over an empire and paddy adenuga his first son is his right hand man, if paddy represents his father in public functions and make donations fire and hire workers e.t.c has he over reached himself?
does it mean that paddy is equating himself with his father?
that is why jesus christ is GOD the son even though he is not on the same footing with his father, [paddy adenuga is equally a smaller general manager even though he is not of equal power as his father.
so your assertions is that paddy adenuga is going round calling himself the owner of globacom and other mike adenuga ventures,just because he called himself as smaller general manager and functioned as such, you see how absurd your arguments sound when you look at it in a world view stance??[/quote]lets even accept that Paddy Adenuga can fire the Chief Operating Officer of his father's company, which I really doubt, he could do. adenuga, the father overrides paddy still, and not in the same calibre with him. this is not the same with the Trinity, where father, is actually son in human form, and son is ghost in ghostly form and ghost is father remaining on the throne. the trinity says that each is the othe others, hence when God spoke about creation, it was the three that poke and created. and when ghost got mary pregnant, it was the three. and when son was born it was the three. when mary nursed Jesus she nursed father and ghost as well, though it was ghost that came upon her and overshadowed her. when son was hung, father and ghost were hung, too. by the way, can adenuga sleep with paddy's mother now? he must have stept with her so that paddy can be born.
now reconcile that with Jesus, Ghost and father versus Mary, still the "Virgin". if mary is the mother of God, then on one hand she is the mother of God the father, God the Ghost. and at the same time the wife of Gos the son, God the Ghost and God the father. where do you stand in all of these: true or false? please explain.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by GODSON2009(m): 1:30pm On Mar 09, 2010
nopuqeater:

@godSON2009: « #13 on: Yesterday at 05:57:17 PM » please calibrate what each did for us to see. just to torment you alittle, from the Bible, we read the quality of what jesus of the holy spirit/comforter that was to come. please show me a book like the gospel where the works, saying, teaching and voice of the spirit/comforter can be read! your empty statement will have to have meat around it, before we take it as you take the gospel of jesus, even though we see lies in the mist!
you have asked me to calibrate what jesus came on earth to do,and where the holy spirit as the comforter took over from,on one hand and already you have pre-judged my comments lol what a shame i will show you such a book in the bible as soon as you show me where the bible specifically mentions mohammad's name as the comforter in same details as it describes jesus even in the old testament.in answer to the question above,

John 6:38-40: "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."
he came to do that and after he died for us something symbolic happened, mathew 27;51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom meaning that he had not only come to die for our sins and reconsile us with the purpose of his father GOD almighty,he has come to remove render the functions of the priest and the holy of holies useless hence the symbolic tearing of the temple curtains.
16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. (this is the verses you muslims fraudulently assert as validation however note the last part, is mohammad still with us still?the holy spirit is still with us,and making signs and wonders happen even till today
nopuqeater:

show me a book, instead of empty blanketted statements! the sins of adam and the blame it on even, which are forever a stain on you, unless you are a dishonest man who intentionally forgot the consequences in the Bible!
what book exactly?my only ultimate believe and unshakeable convictions is in thew holy bible,if whatever you want to know is in there within my own understanding i will only comment based on that,the proof of the holy spirit within us has been proven beyond anything simply by the miracles,signs and wonders that abound unless you r saying they are fake,then we can talk about scientific validations
quote author=nopuqeater link=topic=408646.msg5654672#msg5654672 date=1268109590]
my head was never in the sand (and you say you do not abuse anyone; liar),
[/quote]
that wasnt an abuse,i was stating a fact based on what you have written,if i said there was no GOD,then calln me a fool is in order because every religious texts agrees on this point,what you wont catch me doing is swearing or pouring vitriol on anyone.
quote author=nopuqeater link=topic=408646.msg5654672#msg5654672 date=1268109590]
except that i want you to tell us how you must worship that God everyday. How did jesus worship God, versus how you do, now? who is right; and we know Jesus prostrated his face, and worship his Lord, many times at night, as he demostrated it in the garden of gashemane. now that your mode of worship is different, do you get that from the Ghost/Comforter? show me where I can read it!
[quote]
this is a kindergaten or sunday school question how can you ask me how to worship GOD everyday?? a son does not have to worship his father sire,he obeys him,he reverences him but not worship.we worship GOD and his son jesus christ because we are on a lower scale to him.
so what if jesus prostrated you muslims?? grin grin grin you never give up do you?? does it mean that pastor adeboye is now an imam when he is overwhelmed by the holy spirit and prostrates?? or when my pastor prostrates and rolls on the floor while praisng GOD or praying in vigils n stuffs, again i will show you where the bible talks about how to pray,if you show me the different places jesus prayed like a muslim, for me to believe it must be very often and must have done it if not all the time almost all the time fair enough??
nopuqeater:

your thinking is like the thinking of a teacher who was telling his people that if God is not visible, then he does not exist. buyt God gave a pupil wisdom to ask the class if they see the brain of the teacher, which they said no. then the conclusion is the same the teacher, ms. beautiful does not have a brain, too. the difference here with your Spirit/Comforter which you said was not a human being was that Jesus said (unless you wanna say that he was a liar?) the people will hear the voice, see and will only say what he was told and glorify jesus reminding them the truth about him, as well as teach new things. now tell me, did the ghost do any of these and did anyone see him? Jesus said that he will return to his community before long. unfortunately the bible writers forgot that the disciple are all dead close to 200 years now, and Jesus had not returned! you have a problem, man.
you are totally right(im sure you r suprised now yea? lol) but why dont you ask real bible believing christians how the holy spirit works??
1st example-if you were tempted to steal some meat in the pot of soup,something tells you not to do it that still small voice, that is the holy spirit.
2nd example-men and women of GOD will lay hands on people and they will fall down,that is annointing produced by the holy spirit.
3 casting out of demons in jesus name-that is another function of the holy spirit
4 spe4aking in tongues and interpreting another function of the holy spirit
5 prophecying another one
i could go on and on,if you look at these functons,you will realise that they including other functions i have not mentioned here are effectively leading the church,guiding and protecting the church e.t.c do you think anyone will be in synagogue if there were no miracles/or redeemed if there were no casting outs e.t.c showing that the holy spirit is helping the church in the functions of jesus christ, if you read the acts of the apostles even apostle paul,peter e.t.c all acknowledged the work of the holy spirit in evangelism
nopuqeater:

your lying heart will not let you speak the truth! annexed are biblical verses where your human god Jesus said he will be returning even while his disciples are still alive, and paul was not one of them. you need to quit lying, man: Matthew 16:28, in which he says "I tell you the truth, some who are standing here will not taste death before they see the Son of Man coming in his kingdom." Another example is found at Luke 21:32, where he says "I tell you the truth, this generation will certainly not pass away until all these things have happened." He makes similar statements in Luke 9:27 and Mark 9:1.
im sure you are probably thinking you got him in a choke hold now lol but the bible and jesus christ is not on the same league as mohammad who contradicted himself lol
the reference to the son of man coming in his kingdom should not be taken in its literal translation,in short it means his kingdom coming with great power on the day of pentecost, the day of pentecost according to us christians is nsomewhat the first day of proper christianity because that was the day the holy spirit came down ,the first time GOD trnasferred the ersthwile chrstlike powers and annointing upon us mere human beings, in order for you to see that you dont inter pret the bible literally check the same chapter in verse 18 that on this rock will i build my church, did jesus christ get builders to start erecting a physical church before he died or was he a pastor of a church?
when he said that he will re build the church in 3 days did he mean a physical church or his death and resurrection??
like you muslims always say,read the bible with an objective heart and mind and not as if you are reading a darren brown novel, i can expansiate more on the rest of the verses but for space,i will oblige you if yu create a seperate thread for it tho then we can venmt our individual discourses
nopuqeater:

thank you. now give me what the comforter/spirit heard that he repeated? what he taught that jesus did not teach? what he said of a reminder of jesus? what he corrected others about Jesus? what was his statement about the mother of jesus whom the jews felt deserved the same punishment as a love-peddler or somebody involved in illegal sexual intercourse? talk to me, man. defend your version of spirit/comforter, even as you are telling us that he is influencing the chrsitians today, considering the nigerian leadership of the christians are playing wife tagging among themselves and doing all kind of weird miracles that are actually false.
for you to know the job of the comforter simply look around you all round the world, the redeemed,the synagogue,the depper life oral roberts e.t.c the only entity helping them out is the holy spirit in the abscense of GOD almighty or GOD the son do you understand?? this is to bring the enormity of the holy spirit's functions to you,it is not only about teaching but guiding,empowering e.t.c does it mean that because the inventor of chemistry died many years ago,we would not have another chemistry lecturer to continue to impart knowledge??
well you can say anything about the mother of jesus,but unlike moslems we dont fight for our own GOD,he is alive to deal with you and your blasphemy unless you are making a correct assertion, im sure mohammad was buying into that notion when he lied that his own mother got a visitation from angels telling her that the unborn son would be a great prophet LIAR! grin
ok so nigerian miracles are false,what about the miracles of john g lake, bearing in mind that the official medical association in america validated many of his miracles unless you r saying the medical association in america are fake as well??google and find out and then you will realise the awesomness of the holy spirit grin
nopuqeater:

if only miracles are exclusively that of christians, maybe you may have a point. but it is not the case. even the buhdist and hindus experience miracles all the time. and when the miracles of the pastors are being proven to be lies from Johannnesburg to Jacksonville, then your argument is rubbish. i laugh in your face in portuguese; if muhammad is rotted to the sand, we at least know that other prophets did; adam, enoch, noah, father ibrahim just to name a few. one can swallow it while the death of a God will be impossible to accept. funny enough, the women prepared oil to rob on the body of the virgin man god, when it is not in the culture of the children of israel to keep their dead around, and or even want to oil him down. you are gullible to accept this nonsense!
well then how come muslim men of GOD have not been able to recreate this common place fake miracles?? grin how come the american medical association,doctors in western world have been able to independently validate many of these miracles? so by your reasoning even the hindus and buhdist can even lay claim to a god that is alive while your own allah has been dead and buried lol
again you have little understanding of these things sire, enoch never died,prophet elijah never died,no one knows if moses died or not because his final resting place was not known till date this is not to say the ones that died are not real prophets but i know for a fact mohammad was not a prophet.
you seem to go off on a tangent anytime you are making comments,maybe you get carried away in anger or frustration at defending a lie i dont know,but calm down and marshall your points sire smiley
nopuqeater:

laugh hard like a desert hyena, if that makes you happy; if you only have the gospel as the only means of keeping Jesus in your heart, then Quran and Sunnah do just as much for me. while your Bible is ever changing, my Quran and the authentic ahadith/sunnah are ever firm, without any addition or subtractions. while american constitution has amendments, in the same way the Bible is having latest editions, revisions and versions, Quran and authentic ahadith stand firm.
really?so you agree with all the hadiths in circulations??hw about the assertion of the wahhabis looooooooool
nopuqeater:

Jesus did not marry so we dont know what his choice would have been. by the way Joohn did not marry, too. please i don t intend to insult jesus, so i will leave the rest of your rhetorics, alone. but then, when Jesu said he was a son of man, was he lyng, if you say he was son of God in human form? how about calling himself prophet, messenger of God, or even servant of his community? finally, if he was son of God in human form, what about all those sons of God in human form before him? are they chop liver, while jesus is the real mcCoy?
suffice to say other men of GOD IN THE BIBLE FORETOLD HIS COMING INCLUDING JOHN THE BAPTIST,SO THAT MAKES YOUR POINT A MOOT ONE DOESNT IT?UNLIKE MOHAMMAD'S FIGHT TO BE RECKONED AS A PROPHET,JESUS CHRIST WAS ACCEPTED BY M,ULTITUDES WITHOUT BLOODSHED
nopuqeater:

lets even accept that Paddy Adenuga can fire the Chief Operating Officer of his father's company, which I really doubt, he could do. adenuga, the father overrides paddy still, and not in the same calibre with him. this is not the same with the Trinity, where father, is actually son in human form, and son is ghost in ghostly form and ghost is father remaining on the throne. the trinity says that each is the othe others, hence when God spoke about creation, it was the three that poke and created. and when ghost got mary pregnant, it was the three. and when son was born it was the three. when mary nursed Jesus she nursed father and ghost as well, though it was ghost that came upon her and overshadowed her. when son was hung, father and ghost were hung, too. by the way, can adenuga sleep with paddy's mother now? he must have stept with her so that paddy can be born.
now reconcile that with Jesus, Ghost and father versus Mary, still the "Virgin". if mary is the mother of God, then on one hand she is the mother of God the father, God the Ghost. and at the same time the wife of Gos the son, God the Ghost and God the father. where do you stand in all of these: true or false? please explain.
again,you seem to be unnecessarily confusing yourself,you have hit the pertinent point while jesus christ is GOD the son in the equation,he is nevertheless subject to the commands of his father the almighty GOD, that is why he begged his father to remove this cup of suffering on his head,but GOD dfidnt,if he was a 50/50 shareholder he would have dissolved the patnership there and then,he also said it that he has come to fulfill the will of his father,he never said i will command he always said "i will intercede" check the dictionary meaning of interceding,it is totally different from i will make him,or command him,
he came in human form hence the immaculate conception,how else would he have come in an ordinary human form you want him to fly down from heaven and people would see him as ordinary??
one thing that is different between jesus and mohammad is that while jesus tried his best to operate under the radar,even running away into the mountains because people wanted to deify and adulate him,mohammad strived for and struggled for just this till he died,which is what is mega pissing him and other muslims off that this jesus was wasting opportunities
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by chakula: 3:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
@godson,
but i pity you a day that jesus denied you and takecare on his people(jew),who is your seviuor on that day?
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by GODSON2009(m): 6:29pm On Mar 09, 2010
chakula:

@godson,
but i pity you a day that jesus denied you and takecare on his people(jew),who is your seviuor on that day?
the same way mohammad has denied you and left you to fend for yourselves with only an old tattered copy of the quran and hadiths to keep you company.
he was so selfish that he didnt even leave instructions on who will suceed him,maybe because he started to believ he was "a real prophet" causing muslims to kill muslims so who denied who
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by abulbanaat(m): 10:53pm On Mar 09, 2010
Goodson, how was your that 'trip?' Remember me? Take it cool I have no time for such things again; it is pretty waste of time. One day sha,
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 1:11am On Mar 10, 2010
@godSON: Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh)
« #16 on: Today at 01:30:47 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 05:39:50 AM
@godSON2009: and you dock the paddy adenuga issue and his mother versus his father and his father's Chief Operating Officer. typical.
you have asked me to calibrate what jesus came on earth to do,and where the holy spirit as the comforter took over from,on one hand and already you have pre-judged my comments lol what a shame i will show you such a book in the bible as soon as you show me where the bible specifically mentions mohammad's name as the comforter in same details as it describes jesus even in the old testament.in answer to the question above,
while i read your calibrations, you did excellently for the ignorants, not the muslims who see your poor attemps in weak scholarship; what did the Ghost do as per the instructions of Jesus? better question, since you seem not to be able to navigate it this way; did the Ghost fulfil the role of the comforter as Jesus outlined it, beforehand? please post the 4 or 5 functions and identities specific to the Comforter, then match it with the the Ghost and its appearance on the day of "penticost."

John 6:38-40: "For I have come down from heaven, not to do My own will, but the will of Him who sent Me. 39 "This is the will of Him who sent Me, that of all that He has given Me I lose nothing, but raise it up on the last day. 40 "For this is the will of My Father, that everyone who beholds the Son and believes in Him will have eternal life, and I Myself will raise him up on the last day."
he came to do that and after he died for us something symbolic happened, mathew 27;51At that moment the curtain of the temple was torn in two from top to bottom meaning that he had not only come to die for our sins and reconsile us with the purpose of his father GOD almighty,he has come to remove render the functions of the priest and the holy of holies useless hence the symbolic tearing of the temple curtains.
16And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Counselor to be with you forever— 17the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him, because it neither sees him nor knows him. But you know him, for he lives with you and will be[c] in you. (this is the verses you muslims fraudulently assert as validation however note the last part, is mohammad still with us still?the holy spirit is still with us,and making signs and wonders happen even till today;/quote]enough of your lies; he was sent by Him, while he has no power of his own, yet you callhim God? let pay attention to phenomial occurrences when a person dies; it was reported that a big thundering thunder roared simply some people said sango committed suicide. does that make sango any special, to all of us, including you? yet in yorubaland the onisango believe in this man as their god, in the same way you believe in jesus as your god. are you even better than the sango worshippers, if you and them have these things in common about your gods, who were humans?

what book exactly?my only ultimate believe and unshakeable convictions is in thew holy bible,if whatever you want to know is in there within my own understanding i will only comment based on that,the proof of the holy spirit within us has been proven beyond anything simply by the miracles,signs and wonders that abound unless you r saying they are fake,then we can talk about scientific validations[/Quote]if the characteristics of the Comforter is not what we got from your holy ghost of the speaking in tongue, then it may be true that your ghost is actually the devil, confusing you as he had confused your human god. i am waiting to see you give us a thorough exegese of the holy ghost as the comforter was to speak (audible to his listeners) of what he heartd (audible to him). he was supposed to be seen as he taught, reminded of what was truly teached in the past by Jesus and elevating the image of Jesus (including that of his mother Mary). tell me how the unseen did that. even God according to your bible when jesus was being baptised (unheard of in jewish tradition, that being the first), the heaven opens (silly hypothesis as if vision can pass beyond the cloud even in a bright sunny afternoon) and a VOICE was heard. now if you people said they heard the voice of God even long before started his preaching of Gospel, who heard that of the "Comforter Ghost"? where can we read what the Ghost said? lol.

[Quote]this is a kindergaten or sunday school question how can you ask me how to worship GOD everyday?? a son does not have to worship his father sire,he obeys him,he reverences him but not worship.we worship GOD and his son jesus christ because we are on a lower scale to him.
so what if jesus prostrated you muslims?? you never give up do you?? does it mean that pastor adeboye is now an imam when he is overwhelmed by the holy spirit and prostrates?? or when my pastor prostrates and rolls on the floor while praisng GOD or praying in vigils n stuffs, again i will show you where the bible talks about how to pray,if you show me the different places jesus prayed like a muslim, for me to believe it must be very often and must have done it if not all the time almost all the time fair enough??
and jesus your god worship God Who sent him, all night, even crying, weeping and begging to the point that the disciples made sure it was repeated to you, fake follower! you are truly a christian, but not immitating Jesus or his disciples, for sure; Paul made sure you ignore Jesus and the companions. adeboye and your leaders are not believers. they are just like the maharajis of hinduism. and you sir, are their followers in idol worshipping. you need to research about the early christian prayers, in their prostrations as the muslims do. otherwise you will ridicule yourself before all of us here. the coptic monks are earlier christians than you. so are the ethiopians. the more conservatives among them do exactly like muslims, though they mire their worship in idolatory, just like you secular christians.

you are totally right(im sure you r suprised now yea? lol) but why dont you ask real bible believing christians how the holy spirit works??
1st example-if you were tempted to steal some meat in the pot of soup,something tells you not to do it that still small voice, that is the holy spirit.
2nd example-men and women of GOD will lay hands on people and they will fall down,that is annointing produced by the holy spirit.
3 casting out of demons in jesus name-that is another function of the holy spirit
4 spe4aking in tongues and interpreting another function of the holy spirit
5 prophecying another one
i could go on and on,if you look at these functons,you will realise that they including other functions i have not mentioned here are effectively leading the church,guiding and protecting the church e.t.c do you think anyone will be in synagogue if there were no miracles/or redeemed if there were no casting outs e.t.c showing that the holy spirit is helping the church in the functions of jesus christ, if you read the acts of the apostles even apostle paul,peter e.t.c all acknowledged the work of the holy spirit in evangelism[/quote[ you must be a funny man; i asked you about holy spirit's personal work and responsiblities and specific identfication based on what your god jesus said as a human being. you turn around to divert the attention to silly premises lie speaking in tongues! are you serious? tell me where Jesus said the comfprter will speak in tongue, while i show you where jesus said the comforter the spirit of good shall speak what he hears, and shall not speak out of his own desire? you need to quit lying, old man and join up with truth, though it may be unpopular. i ignore other silly statements you made as 1, 2 and 4, etc above. i think you are struggling in vain.

[quote]im sure you are probably thinking you got him in a choke hold now lol but the bible and jesus christ is not on the same league as mohammad who contradicted himself lol
the reference to the son of man coming in his kingdom should not be taken in its literal translation,in short it means his kingdom coming with great power on the day of pentecost, the day of pentecost according to us christians is nsomewhat the first day of proper christianity because that was the day the holy spirit came down ,the first time GOD trnasferred the ersthwile chrstlike powers and annointing upon us mere human beings, in order for you to see that you dont inter pret the bible literally check the same chapter in verse 18 that on this rock will i build my church, did jesus christ get builders to start erecting a physical church before he died or was he a pastor of a church?
when he said that he will re build the church in 3 days did he mean a physical church or his death and resurrection??
like you muslims always say,read the bible with an objective heart and mind and not as if you are reading a darren brown novel, i can expansiate more on the rest of the verses but for space,i will oblige you if yu create a seperate thread for it tho then we can venmt our individual discourses
silly asserions. i am neither gloating or happy about my discussion with you. i know that church, a word that is not nown to the Jews before and during the ministry of jesus will find its ugly head to explain the unexplainables. three days from jewish calender is sundown to sundown, 3 times. pease calculate that by when your jesus was crucified and the alleged ressurrection; friday evening to sunday dawn. if you get three jewish days out of it, then you are a magician, a miracle worker like the rest of your fake televangelists. and this naive muslim who follows a dead Muhammad (AS) is teaching you your religion, since you did not know that Jesus said he will return soon enough while his disciples were still alive. you can even tell us what the holy spirit said, a duty that is enjoined on him, according to what Jesus said about him. ridiculously silly. i hat to talk to my elders like this, but i think your lies are very annoying. sorry big brother. lol.

for you to know the job of the comforter simply look around you all round the world, the redeemed,the synagogue,the depper life oral roberts e.t.c the only entity helping them out is the holy spirit in the abscense of GOD almighty or GOD the son do you understand?? this is to bring the enormity of the holy spirit's functions to you,it is not only about teaching but guiding,empowering e.t.c does it mean that because the inventor of chemistry died many years ago,we would not have another chemistry lecturer to continue to impart knowledge??
well you can say anything about the mother of jesus,but unlike moslems we dont fight for our own GOD,he is alive to deal with you and your blasphemy unless you are making a correct assertion, im sure mohammad was buying into that notion when he lied that his own mother got a visitation from angels telling her that the unborn son would be a great prophet LIAR!
ok so nigerian miracles are false,what about the miracles of john g lake, bearing in mind that the official medical association in america validated many of his miracles unless you r saying the medical association in america are fake as well??google and find out and then you will realise the awesomness of the holy spirit
this guy is asking me to look at synagogue of the jews; they are christians by your own account. oral roberts the guy who lied to raise money? who is a christian worthy of emulation and i wills how you a buhdist that will do good and will not stoop next to it so that the world can see what he has done. now, the comforter is described by jesus in a particular qualifications; i see you are running away from the discussions of these qualities to be that of the Comforter, diverting to every other directions, instead. typical christians. talk to me from the Bible what are the functions and identity of the Comforter; hearing from God and just repeating it. how did the ghost accomplished this; by miiming like marseille, marseille of the broadway fame?

well then how come muslim men of GOD have not been able to recreate this common place fake miracles?? how come the american medical association,doctors in western world have been able to independently validate many of these miracles? so by your reasoning even the hindus and buhdist can even lay claim to a god that is alive while your own allah has been dead and buried lol
poor understanding fella! today, around the world there are still miracles happening in the lives of muslims. there are means of miracles in our lives; Zam zam water, is one. i do not have to spend so much time talking from miracles which you know nothing about. people are assumed to have died and they wake up just in time; maybe they are son of god, like Jesus was? and by the way, if you know where allah that you claim that i worship is buried, i will like to visit it, while i now where Muhammad (as) is certainly bured. i think you are struggling to make him allah, but Allah is ever watching over all creations. is there a man of God in christianity or you mean man of gods?

again you have little understanding of these things sire, enoch never died,prophet elijah never died,no one knows if moses died or not because his final resting place was not known till date this is not to say the ones that died are not real prophets but i know for a fact mohammad was not a prophet.
if you did not even know that just because jesus did not have a father, and that he called himself son just as all the jews before him and even during his time, and even now the christians, that jesus is not God or Son since either would have brought God Almighty from His Unique Qualities to that of ordinary men, yet you know that these other prophets did not die, a factor that defies logic, arent they in essence higher than jesus who at least died by your own account (my account he fainted out of exhaustion)? i believe therefore that adam, noah, ibrahim, isaac, jacob, joseph, david, solomon, zacharaiah, john who died were not prophets, like muhammad? good thinking man.

you seem to go off on a tangent anytime you are making comments,maybe you get carried away in anger or frustration at defending a lie i dont know,but calm down and marshall your points sire
sire [son? this dude thinks am a jesus of the bible follower]. there is no lie in slam; we know there is only One GOd and He has a proper Name; Allah. thats different from your claimed one God but different personalities or persons; jesus, ghost and father. that cant add up to one.

really?so you agree with all the hadiths in circulations??hw about the assertion of the wahhabis looooooooool
authentic hadith is in agreement with the Quran. really. did you see the qualifier; authentic?

suffice to say other men of GOD IN THE BIBLE FORETOLD HIS COMING INCLUDING JOHN THE BAPTIST,SO THAT MAKES YOUR POINT A MOOT ONE DOESNT IT?UNLIKE MOHAMMAD'S FIGHT TO BE RECKONED AS A PROPHET,JESUS CHRIST WAS ACCEPTED BY M,ULTITUDES WITHOUT BLOODSHED
so we said Comforter the spirit of truth is Muhammad (as). he spoke, he elevated jesus and his mother whom your forebearers the jews called harlot, he taught new things that jesus could not teached to his weak in faith disciples who one was a betrayal, another a denier, and others doubters (read your bible, am sure you didnt know that. just the same way you didnt know that jesus was reported to have said that he will return during the time of the generation of his disciples).

again,you seem to be unnecessarily confusing yourself,you have hit the pertinent point while jesus christ is GOD the son in the equation,he is nevertheless subject to the commands of his father the almighty GOD, that is why he begged his father to remove this cup of suffering on his head,but GOD dfidnt,if he was a 50/50 shareholder he would have dissolved the patnership there and then,he also said it that he has come to fulfill the will of his father,he never said i will command he always said "i will intercede" check the dictionary meaning of interceding,it is totally different from i will make him,or command him,
when you want to know a relation of one entity to another, you observe the dialogue between them, the way each addresses the other. in the case of your claimed sonship of jesus to God/ Eloi. Yahweh, Jehovah, etc, on the cross, jesus said My God, , and never a time did he say my father. i hope you dont call your father 'my god' when you are in crucial situation with him? if you de, then know that his wife, is the wife of god your father.

he came in human form hence the immaculate conception,how else would he have come in an ordinary human form you want him to fly down from heaven and people would see him as ordinary??
immaculate conception and that makes him God? then try this for size; a woman who was not born, but came alive as a full grown woman, ready to conceive. thats a bigger awesome event than conception, so she must be higher in rank of Godship than Jesus. okay, in the gender calibration, man is stronger than woman, so we have a man who experienced the same unique awesome miraculous existence. he must be higher than the woman and then for sure higher than jesus, mr. idolworshipper, whats your reason that they are not Gods, do?

one thing that is different between jesus and mohammad is that while jesus tried his best to operate under the radar,even running away into the mountains because people wanted to deify and adulate him,mohammad strived for and struggled for just this till he died,which is what is mega pissing him and other muslims off that this jesus was wasting opportunities
you and the bible writer or jesus must be talking from both sides of the mouth, if it is true that Jesus did not want people to adulate and or deitify him; yet he said he was God? you should be ashamed of yourself writing such an utter rubbish. the rest of your statement shows naivete at best.

[/quote]
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by GODSON2009(m): 9:12pm On Mar 10, 2010
nopuqeater:

@godSON: Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh)
« #16 on: Today at 01:30:47 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: nopuqeater on Today at 05:39:50 AM
@godSON2009: and you dock the paddy adenuga issue and his mother versus his father and his father's Chief Operating Officer. typical.while i read your calibrations, you did excellently for the ignorants, not the muslims who see your poor attemps in weak scholarship; what did the Ghost do as per the instructions of Jesus? better question, since you seem not to be able to navigate it this way; did the Ghost fulfil the role of the comforter as Jesus outlined it, beforehand? please post the 4 or 5 functions and identities specific to the Comforter, then match it with the the Ghost and its appearance on the day of "penticost."
the holy ghost/spirit came as the comforter,if you read the bible jesus christ foretold the coming of the comforter idont need to quote that bible verse as i am sure you know it seeing as it is one of you muslim's favourite verses to fraudlently claim a dubious kinship and connection with us lol,and as soon as jesus christ ascended into heaven the holy spirit came in form of tongues of fires and landed on the group of believers reffered to as the first set of christians and they began to speak in diverse tongues the relevance of the biblical verse will be lost on you that is why i am not even stressing myself to look for it.
the holy spirit did not need to perform these functions because jesus christ was around,if you read the earlier verses in john jesus christ said that the comforter wil come only when he had left as a replacement.
1.the counselor the holy spirit-as you can see jesus christ even said the holy spirit.the function is imparting the annointing upon men and women of GOD,it counsels not just we christians from our conscience"the still small voice" on the right way to go,doing right and rejecting wrong if you meet holy,sanctified and annointed men and women of GOD who prophecy the holy spirit tells them what to do and how to do it,the holy spirit speaks the heart of GOD
2.TEACHING-if you connect this to the five fold ministry which apostle paul talks about the holy spirit helps the teacher of the word in impartation of the word of GOD,or the mind of GOD.
3-reminding us of all he has taught-THIS PARTICULAR FUNCTION HAS NULLIFIED ANY DUBIOUS CLAIM THE MUSLIMS MIGHT HAVE BECAUSE THERE ARE SO MANY TEACHINGS of jesus christ that you do not believe in for instance jesus christ said that we should pray by saying "our father which art in heaven, " do you believe this? grin
4-the holy spirit also brings forth miracles,signs and wonders
5-the holy spirit causes christians to speak in tongues
i could write a 5000 words essay for you on the functions of the holy spirit,these have been some out of the many functions of the holy spirit which has been validated and confirmed in several teachings of the apostles later.
quote author=nopuqeater link=topic=408646.msg5661012#msg5661012 date=1268179882]
if the characteristics of the Comforter is not what we got from your holy ghost of the speaking in tongue, then it may be true that your ghost is actually the devil, confusing you as he had confused your human god.
[/quote]
all i can say is that i pray that the lord will open your eyes of understanding to see and perceive the truths staring you in the face,the functions of the comforter/the holy spirit is the same,look at the ocassion when the holy spirit first came on earth in form of fire and you will see the same reference up untill the end of the bible no contradictions and no mention of mohammad so u r not making any sense sire
nopuqeater:

i am waiting to see you give us a thorough exegese of the holy ghost as the comforter was to speak (audible to his listeners) of what he heartd (audible to him).
again if i did this the relevance would be lost on you seeing as you dont believe in the first place,the holy spirit not only ministers to individuals it speaks into one's spirit i cant give you a thorough exegeses because i am neither a pastor nor a prophet but i can certainly proof that your weak and ineffectual connections of the holy spirit with mohammad who was never holy neither was anything holy ascribed to him isnt true.
[quote author=nopuqeater link=topic=408646.msg5661012#msg5661012 date=1268179882]
he was supposed to be seen as he taught, reminded of what was truly teached in the past by Jesus and elevating the image of Jesus (including that of his mother Mary). tell me how the unseen did that.
i will immensely appreciate it if you show me where this falsehood and fallacy you have just written is in the bible, where did the bible say that the holy spirit must stand to teach grin grin i will remind you once again for the upteenth time that jesus christ spoke mostly in parables hence majority of his words cannot be taken literally.where is my evidence of this??
it abounds in every single teaching of jesus christ, he said he will build his church where he was standing did he build a physical church
he said he was inside his father and his father inside him?did the disciples see his the picture of GOD inside him??
check john 14 ;12-14 if you believe the 2nd part of chapter 14 was mohammad lets assume that is true do you then believe that you must call upon the name of the lord in order to do anything not allah because that was never his name do you believe jesus christ is the son from what he said with his own mouth grin grin grin
that must have hurt didnt it ??lol

12I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father. 13And I will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. 14You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.
nopuqeater:

even God according to your bible when jesus was being baptised (unheard of in jewish tradition, that being the first)
what did you expect,did any son of GOD come before jesus christ??
nopuqeater:

the heaven opens (silly hypothesis as if vision can pass beyond the cloud even in a bright sunny afternoon) and a VOICE was heard. now if you people said they heard the voice of God even long before started his preaching of Gospel, who heard that of the "Comforter Ghost"? where can we read what the Ghost said? lol.
the same way we cannot hear the voice of obatala,sango even though babalawos call upon them and do their occultic stuffs gerrit??
how did mohammad see the vision that started his islamic ministry on the mountain after fasting??that must be a lie as well right?? grin grin
im sure you will agree with me that i can dignify this infantille comments with any sensible answer
nopuqeater:

and jesus your god worship God Who sent him, all night, even crying, weeping and begging to the point that the disciples made sure it was repeated to you, fake follower!
this understanding is another evidence of your inherent ignorance of the scriptures sire, he came in form of man a normal human being so he will feel pain,he felt anguish and sorrow like any normal human,he wept e.t.c i will ask you again if you believe in the second part of john 14 then do you believe in the first part and everything jesus said grin grin ouch!!
nopuqeater:

you are truly a christian, but not immitating Jesus or his disciples, for sure; Paul made sure you ignore Jesus and the companions.
i wouldnt judge you by these comments simply because you have neither read the bible nor understood it,i can talk about islam because i have read the quran and hadiths grin
nopuqeater:

adeboye and your leaders are not believers. they are just like the maharajis of hinduism. and you sir, are their followers in idol worshipping. you need to research about the early christian prayers, in their prostrations as the muslims do. otherwise you will ridicule yourself before all of us here. the coptic monks are earlier christians than you. so are the ethiopians. the more conservatives among them do exactly like muslims, though they mire their worship in idolatory, just like you secular christians.
i have posted my retorts to this fake falsehood in the other thread go and check it jesus christ prostrated,kneeled,e.t.c to pray show me where else apart from that single place in the whole bible where he prostrated again pastor adeboye that u mentioned including other men and women of GOD have on ocassion prostrated when praying or worshipping GOD are the yoruba dsango and obatala worshippers who prostrate to greet or pay homage to their king muslims too?? grin grin grin
nopuqeater:

silly asserions. i am neither gloating or happy about my discussion with you. i know that church, a word that is not nown to the Jews before and during the ministry of jesus will find its ugly head to explain the unexplainables. three days from jewish calender is sundown to sundown, 3 times. pease calculate that by when your jesus was crucified and the alleged ressurrection; friday evening to sunday dawn. if you get three jewish days out of it, then you are a magician, a miracle worker like the rest of your fake televangelists.
you seem to have some curious aversion for equating jewish laws and customs with every single discussion, when i am in a debate and the other party is digressing i have one trick that has never failed me which is "let us go back to the basics"
do you believe in the sayings of jesus christ in the bible"yes or no if you believe his sayings for instance about the holy spirit and then saying it is mohammad then surely you will believe everything else he says in the same chapter lets even assume the rest of the new testament are lies.if you dont believe a word then that means you have just contraqdicted yourself i dont want long explanations a simple yes or no will do thank you in advance grin
nopuqeater:

and this naive muslim who follows a dead Muhammad (AS) is teaching you your religion, since you did not know that Jesus said he will return soon enough while his disciples were still alive.
and i really feel for you because in your forceful islamic way of taking by force or forcing and ramming your opinions down people's throats you seem to have thrown any sensible reasoning down the well do you know the meaning and distinction between literal and figurative explanations??i suggest you goggle it and then apply them to your own way of explaining the bible and how jesus christ was teaching you will be suprised lol
nopuqeater:

you can even tell us what the holy spirit said, a duty that is enjoined on him, according to what Jesus said about him. ridiculously silly. i hat to talk to my elders like this, but i think your lies are very annoying. sorry big brother. lol.
maybe i am doing so because our bible which mentions the holy spirit also details its functions its funny with the venom you muslims are fighting the truth one will think this holy spirit was mentioned in the quran by mohammad grin grin all this by force family na wa o looooool its easy just convert to christianity and accept the lord and you will be enjoying what we r enjoying njow instead of this by force family
nopuqeater:

this guy is asking me to look at synagogue of the jews; they are christians by your own account.
where exactly did i assert that jews were christians??muslims and falsehood, hmmmn
nopuqeater:

oral roberts the guy who lied to raise money? who is a christian worthy of emulation and i wills how you a buhdist that will do good and will not stoop next to it so that the world can see what he has done. now, the comforter is described by jesus in a particular qualifications; i see you are running away from the discussions of these qualities to be that of the Comforter, diverting to every other directions, instead. typical christians. talk to me from the Bible what are the functions and identity of the Comforter; hearing from God and just repeating it. how did the ghost accomplished this; by miiming like marseille, marseille of the broadway fame?
i have done that and i will even go further to proof this by old and contemporary examples from me and women of GOD, rather than christians i want you to show me a frontline world renowned muslim who extols these qualities maybe about 4 of them and i will be quiet its suprising you can show me buddist but u didnt say moslems grin
i challenged you to check the miracles of john g lake but you ignored that it was recorded in american medical journals is that enough proof for you?
nopuqeater:

poor understanding fella! today, around the world there are still miracles happening in the lives of muslims. there are means of miracles in our lives; Zam zam water, is one. i do not have to spend so much time talking from miracles which you know nothing about.
really??im really interested in knowing please pleeeease grin grin grin who are the moslems doing the miracles where are they and who knows them
where is the zam zam water and does the miracles have scientific backing like that of john g lake
have these moslems done visual miracles like healing the handicapped,blind deaf in thousands like john g lake again proven by doctors? grin zam zam indeed maybe you meant a nigerian brand of bottled water lol
nopuqeater:

people are assumed to have died and they wake up just in time; maybe they are son of god, like Jesus was? and by the way, if you know where allah that you claim that i worship is buried, i will like to visit it, while i now where Muhammad (as) is certainly bured. i think you are struggling to make him allah, but Allah is ever watching over all creations.
he is dead and buried and the proof is the coldness in your religion,all you moslems do is a ritualistic day to day function for want of a better word no fire no miracles no new insightful impartation the same thing done in saudi is the same in somaliae.t.c if that allah was alive then why has he not shown his manifestations since all these years for everyone to see not just moslems,jesus said that miracles shall be wrought in his name men of GOD all over the world are doing so and it is happening again g lake is an example your turn!!looool
nopuqeater:

is there a man of God in christianity or you mean man of gods?
there are many men of GOD sire,that assertion shopuld be thrown back at you seeing i do not bow my head down for any entity or human being i can pray to my GOD upright kneeling any way with my head held high not bowing down for an idol or for the sun five times a day then the moon and then sacrificing a ram
nopuqeater:

if you did not even know that just because jesus did not have a father, and that he called himself son just as all the jews before him and even during his time, and even now the christians, that jesus is not God or Son since either would have brought God Almighty from His Unique Qualities to that of ordinary men, yet you know that these other prophets did not die, a factor that defies logic, arent they in essence higher than jesus who at least died by your own account (my account he fainted out of exhaustion)? i believe therefore that adam, noah, ibrahim, isaac, jacob, joseph, david, solomon, zacharaiah, john who died were not prophets, like muhammad? good thinking man.
simple sire he said that no one comes to the father,except through him meaning no other way second he said that use my name in doing miracles and it will happen he also said that he is the son of GOD check the other thread where i posted the bible verses so you are4 either naively ignorant of these verses or you did not get the essence or the explanations.
even though the biblical accounts showed that he died,or your own doctored accounts he came in human form and he ascended into heaven supernaturally like elijah and enoch both prophets in the old testament john the baptist amongst others also fore told and acknowledged his pre eminence mohammad was an ordinary man who made no attempt to live an exemplary life either in conduct or comportment.
nopuqeater:

sire [son? this dude thinks am a jesus of the bible follower]. there is no lie in slam; we know there is only One GOd and He has a proper Name; Allah. thats different from your claimed one God but different personalities or persons; jesus, ghost and father. that cant add up to one.
no sire,you worship the sun,you worship the moon you sacrifice rams to them and you worship graven image the kaaba you proudly show the symbol of your gods on your minarets
nopuqeater:

authentic hadith is in agreement with the Quran. really. did you see the qualifier; authentic?
how convenient grin grin grin authentic hadiths looooooool
nopuqeater:

so we said Comforter the spirit of truth is Muhammad (as). he spoke, he elevated jesus and his mother whom your forebearers the jews called harlot
really?mohammad must have been a low down liar and betrayer then if he suddenly abrogated all the other verses and then commanded you to slay and behead us christians including the same jews he acknowledged? we know mary was not an harlot and in rare instances where mohammad was truthful he acknowledged it too
nopuqeater:

, he taught new things that jesus could not teached to his weak in faith disciples who one was a betrayal, another a denier, and others doubters (read your bible, am sure you didnt know that. just the same way you didnt know that jesus was reported to have said that he will return during the time of the generation of his disciples).
we know sire thank you but he never taught christians anything new,as weak in faith as christians were we had great men of GOD like the apostles who died for this religion as martyres brother stepehn ,while being stoned to death was even asking the lord to forgive his tormentors, that is christianity.
apostle paul,peter e.t.c suffered torture beatings e.t.c for this gospel and apostle peter made up for the lapse in judgement by the thousands of people he converted including his many and wide evangelism our bible says there is now no condemnation in these who were sinners and now repent we dont kill unbeleivers like you moslems we plead with them to come to the lord,confess their sins and be saved
nopuqeater:

when you want to know a relation of one entity to another, you observe the dialogue between them, the way each addresses the other. in the case of your claimed sonship of jesus to God/ Eloi. Yahweh, Jehovah, etc, on the cross, jesus said My God, , and never a time did he say my father. i hope you dont call your father 'my god' when you are in crucial situation with him? if you de, then know that his wife, is the wife of god your father.
i see what of the several times he called GOD his father?? i guess you were suffering from selective amnesia when you blanked them out but remembered this accounts grin
nopuqeater:

immaculate conception and that makes him God?
that isnt what made him GOD,i.e the son of GOD the fore telling of his coming,the confirmation and his works on earth,including the confirmation of the works notably the coming of the hly spirit and i dont mean the armed robber and butcher mohammad
nopuqeater:

then try this for size; a woman who was not born, but came alive as a full grown woman, ready to conceive. thats a bigger awesome event than conception, so she must be higher in rank of Godship than Jesus. okay, in the gender calibration, man is stronger than woman, so we have a man who experienced the same unique awesome miraculous existence. he must be higher than the woman and then for sure higher than jesus, mr. idolworshipper, whats your reason that they are not Gods, do?
the same reason that mohammad is an ordinary human being who took advantage of a lot of gullible people,they are normal human beings and were not mentioned specifically in my bible
nopuqeater:

you and the bible writer or jesus must be talking from both sides of the mouth, if it is true that Jesus did not want people to adulate and or deitify him; yet he said he was God? you should be ashamed of yourself writing such an utter rubbish. the rest of your statement shows naivete at best.
no sire the difference is that he told his disciples i.e his inner circle the truth,however he shunned undue publicity or adulation which would have distracted him from his mission and which would have allowed the devil to sneak in,when peter diagreed with him that jesus was too great to be cruxified note what he said he turned to peter and rewbuked him severally saying that the devil was using him to speak at that moment,unlike the book of confusion which mohammad left you without any guide or counsel the bible is constant and never changes even the bible inself throw this challenge when the bible said the word of GOD is one and that it will and can never change anything that changes including prophecies is a lie so if a prophet tells me to marry toyin in uk and another tells me to marry shola in nigeria one of them is lieing that is how straight the bible is shalom smiley
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 11:30pm On Mar 10, 2010
mr. godSON2009; i dont intend to spend too much time with you, because you dance around an obvious question, which the answer to is supposed to be direct, from your Bible. because of your laziness, i went to answering.islam, an anti islamic website, with a terrible reponse from "sila' your boss in hatred of islam and perpetration of the lies whereby denial of truth is your normal routine. i laugh at the copping out in yiddish.

THE NEW TESTAMENT TEXTS CONCERNING THE COMFORTER

The Greek word for Comforter is “parakletos”. The most familiar translation of this Greek word is “Comforter,” but a better translation is Counselor or Advocate, as in a legal sense. However, I will use Comforter since it is the most familiar translation.

Below are the New Testament texts concerning the Comforter.
JOHN 14:15-17:
JOHN 14:25, 26:
JOHN 15:26:
JOHN 16:7,8:
JOHN 16:13-15:

Jesus spoke to his disciples about the Comforter and said that the Comforter was the Holy Spirit. However, some 600 years later, Muhammad claimed that the Scriptures of the Jews and Christians predicted that another prophet would arise and that he (Muhammad) was that prophet. To support Muhammad’s claim early Islamic writings state that Muhammad was the “Comforter.” Today, despite the evidence, many Muslims obstinately insist that Muhammad was the Comforter and labor to find material in the Scriptures to make Muhammad's words ring true – otherwise Muhammad would be revealed to be both a liar and false prophet. This article reviews and discusses the evidence that the Holy Spirit, not Muhammad, is the Comforter. It addresses some good questions poised by Muslims regarding the Comforter, and it critiques Muslim writings asserting that Muhammad is the Comforter".

Note: Unless stated, all Biblical quotes are taken from the New International Version [1].

with the above in mind, we wanna see how immediate what Jesus says comes to past, since Sila is claiming that 600 years after Jesus is too far for the Comforter to just be arriving, since it was promised to the disciples who were long dead by the time Muhammad (AS) arrived. it is true that they were dead, but the true religion that Jesus came with was the same religion as the prophets before him, the worship of One God and not anything else. Jesus also promised his disciples just about the same time that he will return to the earth while they are still alive. did this happen? the answer is no and as a result, it we take timing as the material witness to what Jesus said, then Jesus will be incorrect. the obvious thing is that the Comforter is supposed to be a speaking entity, and who heard the voice of the Spirit, among the generations of christians? no one. if you have, you are the anomaly and it is your responsibility to show us where his voice and statements, as jesus had desribed him are collected.

Below is what Jesus dsaid about his second coming which had not happened, yet. even paul the chairman believed it, too.
Matthew 16:28,
Luke 21:32,
Luke 9:27 and Mark 9:1.

Some people take these statements to mean that Jesus promised to return while some of his disciples were still alive. But his meaning isn't completely clear, and it's possible to interpret the statements in a way that doesn't put any time limit on when he will come back.

However, his original followers may have misunderstood him, because they believed that he would return very quickly. That's why many of them stayed in Jerusalem instead of going back to their homes in Galilee and returning to their former occupations. They expected the second coming to take place either in Jerusalem or on the nearby Mount of Olives, and they wanted to be in the area when it happened. Because they anticipated only a short wait, they saw no reason to go back to their previous way of life.

The apostle Paul also expected a quick return. Although he apparently never met Jesus, he knew about the promised return, and he expected to live long enough to see it happen. In 1Corinthians 7:29-31 he says that the time is so short that believers must drastically change the way they live. But several of his letters, particularly those he wrote to the Thessalonians, reveal that some people were starting to wonder why Jesus hadn't already returned and were concerned about the delay.

As the delay grew longer, it was natural for people to start worrying that they wouldn't live long enough to see Jesus return. But an intriguing passage at John 21:20-23 suggests that many people held onto their hopes for a surprisingly long time. At one point in this passage Peter asks Jesus about the final fate of the Beloved Disciple. The passage continues as follows:
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2010
the rest of your materials, mr. godSON is uneffective.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by GODSON2009(m): 4:43am On Mar 11, 2010
as usual the moslem man had to retreat with his tail between his legs due to the his inability to mount any serious retort to the comments i posted lol
as for your last two comments i will take them one after the other for a bit of clarity.
first of all i must make it clear to you that i personally do not use the anti muslim or anti christian or anti anything websites simply because they tend to be heavily subjectiverather being rational but stating incontrovertible facts the anti christian ones are most likely to be run by islamist fundamentalist while the anti muslim ones are most likely run by neo conservative pentecostals or zionist neither of which i am a part of.i am simply a born again and broken christian by the grace of GOD and i try my best to live my life simply by the words,edicts of the bible no more no less i am not interested in conspiracy theories.

in addressing you comments

1.if you check the first issue you raised you are both contradicting yourself and also using the same jesus as some sort of validation i asked you a direct question and you cowardly refused to answer.do you believe in the second part of john chapter 14 assuming that we both agree mohammed was the one being reffered to there?? it is very important you answer pls
in addressing the first part,i have severally said to you that a literal translation of the words jesus spake is nt the way christians interprete the bible,i told you to check the difference between literal and figurative translations.
as for the holy spirit,where exactly di jesus say that the holy spirit will be a man??
either you or your other islamist friend in the other thread not sure have asked me the functions of the holy spirit as per john 14 compared to the holy ghost and i have catalogued the functions i have told you that the holy spirit came down as jesus was going up to heaven and the evidence of the holy spirit still abound toda in the contemporary church. as per literal or figurative translations which i have asserted,the bible abounds with the sayings and teachings of jesus christ rich in parables and indiret ways of putting points across so i am not making a wild assertion that isnt in the bible.

if you know that it is possible for the verse to be interpreted to mean that there isnt a time limit isnt it then a moot point??

you are totally wrong sire,may of them stayed in jerusalem because of the promise of the holy spirit as foretold,it has absolutely nothing to do with the second coming secondly if you check and study the bible you will realise that most of the early or first christians were jews anyway it was later that the apostles started to actively evangelise and bring the gentiles into the fold in fact this issue caused an argument between peter and paul and the jews traditionally are resident in jerusalem.

again this is a misconception on your part,the time is short and the subsequent reference to the later verse that the world is ebbing away is said in the context preachers will preaqch telling us that we should repent before it is too late neither apostle paul nor any man or woman of GOD knopws when the trumpet wil sound other than that it will be sudden and anytime hence the rason they say time is running short.

you need to back the last assertion up with proof from the bible before i can believe i dont comment on open ended and vague comments
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 5:19am On Mar 11, 2010
i laugh in the face of this man in igbo language. he is so busted that he is playing fast and loose with information; Jesus he will be back before his disciples died off! whats the need for interpretation in that? are you reading the Bible upside down, mr man? did Jesus fulfilled his promise? if jesus said this and he failed, as he did not return during the lifetime of those he mad that commitment to, and yet even now, he has not returned, then my statement is that God Almighty has confounded the liars to write it so, in order that their lord will found out to be a liar, or was it the Bible writer that lied, just the same way that they lied about "Comforter", instead of a man, but taken as a ghpst who has no form and no voice.

good night. i hope you dream about the gods (the Trinity) that you worship and the Comforter, the holy ghost. it will be a crowd in your dream, i imagine.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Mar 11, 2010
nopuqeater:

i laugh in the face of this man in igbo language. he is so busted that he is playing fast and loose with information; Jesus he will be back before his disciples died off! whats the need for interpretation in that? are you reading the Bible upside down, mr man? did Jesus fulfilled his promise? if jesus said this and he failed, as he did not return during the lifetime of those he mad that commitment to, and yet even now, he has not returned, then my statement is that God Almighty has confounded the liars to write it so, in order that their lord will found out to be a liar, or was it the Bible writer that lied, just the same way that they lied about "Comforter", instead of a man, but taken as a[b] ghpst [/b]who has no form and no voice.

good night. i hope you dream about the gods (the Trinity) that you worship and the Comforter, the holy ghost. it will be a crowd in your dream, i imagine.

olabowale nopuqeate

Jesus identified that helper and explained how it would assist his disciples. He told them: “These things, however, I did not tell you at first, because I was with you. But now I am going to him that sent me . . . It is for your benefit I am going away. For if I do not go away, the helper will by no means come to you; but if I do go my way, I will send him to you. . . . When that one arrives, the spirit of the truth, he will guide you into all the truth.”—John 16:4, 5, 7, 13.
Since Jesus was speaking to His disciples and they would get help from the " Comforter" how is it that Muslims think its Mohammad since the disciples had been dead long ago?
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by GODSON2009(m): 6:57pm On Mar 11, 2010
nopuqeater:

i laugh in the face of this man in igbo language. he is so busted that he is playing fast and loose with information; Jesus he will be back before his disciples died off! whats the need for interpretation in that? are you reading the Bible upside down, mr man? did Jesus fulfilled his promise? if jesus said this and he failed, as he did not return during the lifetime of those he mad that commitment to, and yet even now, he has not returned, then my statement is that God Almighty has confounded the liars to write it so, in order that their lord will found out to be a liar, or was it the Bible writer that lied, just the same way that they lied about "Comforter", instead of a man, but taken as a ghpst who has no form and no voice.

it is obvious that you have no substantial issue left to debate with,hence rather than critically responding to the pertinent issues you brough up and i countered, you have resorted to face saving pettiness just so you dont let the side down.
i have raised pertinent issues for you to address chief of which is the main question i asked you so that i can trap you but you have refused to answer and ran away from it.

do you believe in the second part of john 14 if you do how about the first part?
if you believe the second part then surely you must believe the first part which is in same chapter thereby nullifying your assertions.
if you dont then there is nothing more to be said really which is it sire
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 12:01am On Mar 12, 2010
mr. godSON: please note that i am not a christian and i care for the Bible as much as i care for the Buhdist book, or the Books of the hindus.

i simply asked you about what your Bible wrote concerning when Jesus will come back. you are directing me to a whole Chapter, when few verses were enough to disproof Jesus, maybe the writers and the followers of the Bible. or both. again here are the verses;

are these verse lying? if they are and incorrect scrap them. otherwise, i apply the same principle to the issue of Comforter as ghost according to you and our ilk, or Muhammad (AS) according to the description of Jesus even in the Bible and my humble person and all muslims.

if timing is what disqualified Muhammad (AS), then time disqualified Jesus as a prophet, a man of God based on his utterance of return during the lives of the disciples, which he failed to do.

a test of fake prophet, according to Jesus of the Bible: if the said person says something and does not come to pass, then he is of the devil. now tellme how do you see this in regards to the failure of Jesus to return in due time according to his promise to the disciples?

@Toba: if I were Olabowale, am honored. if writing igbo and typo on ghost are your measure of me being Olabowale, you are better than Jesus, who could not predict what he did not see; like time of the hour.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by GODSON2009(m): 1:07pm On Mar 12, 2010
nopuqeater:

mr. godSON: please note that i am not a christian and i care for the Bible as much as i care for the Buhdist book, or the Books of the hindus.
lives of the disciples, which he failed to do.
im glad that is sorted out then,so you r not of the same believe or convictions of shaeeb or whatever the islamic name is
nopuqeater:

i simply asked you about what your Bible wrote concerning when Jesus will come back. you are directing me to a whole Chapter, when few verses were enough to disproof Jesus, maybe the writers and the followers of the Bible. or both. again here are the verses;

are these verse lying? if they are and incorrect scrap them. otherwise, i apply the same principle to the issue of Comforter as ghost according to you and our ilk, or Muhammad (AS) according to the description of Jesus even in the Bible and my humble person and all muslims.
no the verses are not lying,unlike the quran the bible doesnt make ambiguous or open ended or contradictory statements it addresses specifics concerning both in the present and future.you seem to be trying to get clever by half on one hand you have just re iterated your total disbelieve in the bible or recgnition as any basis of fact yet you are highlighting verses 15-17 asmaking reference to your prophet loooool
the second part of 17 says the wolrd will neither believe him nor know him,nor even see him does that pply to your prophet?no it applies to the holy spirit which people have severally disbelieved even till today people like you still see those speaking in tongues as either drunk or pretending.
nopuqeater:

if timing is what disqualified Muhammad (AS), then time disqualified Jesus as a prophet, a man of God based on his utterance of return during the lives of the disciples, which he failed to do.
timing isnt the only thing that disqualified your prophet,the literal and figurative definitions of these biblical verses also roundly disqualify him as well the fact that you have tried to twist an english word or sentence round to fit in with your fake religion will not sully our bible.
the return o jesus was based upon the wole of the new testament,not on a random verse which you have given a literal meaning just to suit your ends
nopuqeater:

a test of fake prophet, according to Jesus of the Bible: if the said person says something and does not come to pass, then he is of the devil. now tellme how do you see this in regards to the failure of Jesus to return in due time according to his promise to the disciples?
i totally agree one of the personalities we are talking about is a fake and a charllatan,but it certainly isnt jesus christ for one you gys are the ones trying to use our holy book as validation,when last did you see a christian using the quran as validation or connecting mohammad with any part of the bible?any pastor no matter how big that tries it will loose a sizeable number of his congregation yet islamist scholars stock in trade in preaching is to conect jesus christ and the bible with islam even though we are miles apart
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 1:25pm On Mar 12, 2010
i totally agree one of the personalities we are talking about is a fake and a charllatan,but it certainly isnt jesus christ for one you gys are the ones trying to use our holy book as validation,when last did you see a christian using the quran as validation or connecting mohammad with any part of the bible?any pastor no matter how big that tries it will loose a sizeable number of his congregation yet islamist scholars stock in trade in preaching is to conect jesus christ and the bible with islam even though we are miles apart
It has to be Jesus of the Bible who is fake. Reasons;
He make prophet predictions which he failed in. Examples: A Comforter who did not speak that people can hear and record his statements.
another example: Jesus said to his disciples that he will return even in their own lifetime. He didnt and has not returned in 2000 plus years. His disciples are long gone, unless you can tell me that they are hiding somewhere as monks?
Another example: Jesus told people not to abuse or curse, even as simple as calling somebody a fool will condemn the abuser to hell. Jesus immediately turned around and called people that exactly. where do you think he will end up, if what he predicted for such a word is hell> do you think hell is prepared for real prophets of God; eg, Adam, Enoch, Noah, Abraham, Lot, Ismail, Isaac, Jacob, Yusuf, Moses, David, Solomon, Zahariah, John, just to name a few (tell us which of them will go to hell)? Jesus of the Bible from his own Biblical mouth condemned himself, unless it is the Bible that is spewing falsehood.

There is no place that Muhammad in the Quran and or ahadith is reported to be punished, for any reason or offense or sin. The person who will not be punished is not eqal to the one clearly from his own mouth declares hell by his action. You now know tha the charllatan is. Its not Muhammad (as) who is in good company.
Re: Who Is The Helper That Jesus(puh)said He Will Send If Not Prophet Mohammed(puh) by nopuqeater: 1:45pm On Mar 12, 2010
timing isnt the only thing that disqualified your prophet,the literal and figurative definitions of these biblical verses also roundly disqualify him as well the fact that you have tried to twist an english word or sentence round to fit in with your fake religion will not sully our bible.
the return o jesus was based upon the wole of the new testament,not on a random verse which you have given a literal meaning just to suit your ends
godSON2009, in all your argument to defend the indefenseable, you refuse to present a single verse to refute what Jesus said about the description of the Comforter, which was clearly to be a human being with flesh and blood, walking the street. did you have a man at that time if you insisted that it is disciple that Jesus was addressing and no other people or generation? if the Comforter was to speak to the disciples only what he heard and not of his own desire, please tell me how did he do it whereby they heard his speech? and how in the world will one God be commanding another God to restrict his speech to only what he heard from Him, except he was not a God, but a messenger? Messengers from God are nown as prophets; which prophet came after Jesus? if none, then Jesus had failed again! Look am ignoring the timing, simply because I want to use it to ask you this; if the time is restricted to the disciples, then explain how you guys are still saying the same damn ghost is still talking to you, even after the singular occurence the event you said happend about 2000 years ago? What is this ghost saying to you today, if the naive little faithed people in the persons of the disciples did not have the knowledge to write them down, what about you modern man geniuses? Finally, would it not be prudent to say therefore that what Jesus said was not a future appropriate, but only applicable to its time of speech? I still wonder about the full person of the Comforter who was supposed to speak out load enough for people to hear, teach new materials, reminded people of what Jesus said that is true, separating wheat(truth) from shaft (false), and glorify him ( him and his heritage (his mother).

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Things Given To Prophet Muhammad / Mallam And Https://cdn-af.feednews.com/news/detail/c061bb451acd82006801b23c5cf3e / Questions And Answers On Islamic Jurisprudence (fiqh)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 387
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.