Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,969 members, 7,814,271 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:16 AM

It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! (3192 Views)

Pastor Paul Adefarasin Attends Trump's Daughter's Wedding, Blesses Couple / It Is Not A Question Of Whether "God" Exists. / Prophet Jeremiah Omoto Fufeyin Blesses Two Retired Prostitutes With ₦7m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Martinez19(m): 4:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry

When I confront christians with the fact that God is imaginary and can't make a difference in one's life, they say things like '...whether God helps/blesses us or not, we will serve him.' really? This reminds me of the story of Daniel's three friends and their heroics. Perhaps they derived this attitude from that story not knowing that the story was written to enslave people to the religion no matter what and even unto death. The same goes for the story of Job.

If you would stick to God whether you receive anything from him or not, then you might as well serve my feaces after all it is not about what you get from it instead it's loyalty all the way. Can't you see the mental slavery going on here? You are being made loyal to a supposed all powerful and loving God who can't cure cancer, hiv, restore amputee and answer prayer. The writers of the bible dare not promise you that if you serve God, all will turn out well because it can't happen. Therefore they devised unconditional loyalty and elevated it as a virtue, all to keep you bound to your religion. Can't you see?

If you have sense, you will know that those who serve an all powerful and all loving God should have their lives reflecting the fact that they serve an all powerful God. What is that thing that God can't achieve if he heals you of cancer now? Think christians think. The facts that christians in all age brackets encounter death, terminal illnesses and hardship at almost the same frequency non-christians do should tell you that something is bleeped up.

8 Likes 4 Shares

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by jay2pee(m): 4:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hmmmm
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Martinez19(m): 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
0temAtum, catfishbilly, HardMirror, 1Sharon, Johnydon22, proudgorgeousga, hopefulLandlord, adepeter2027, segunojo866, Akintom, butterflylion aka felixomor wink,
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by felixomor: 4:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
I hope u have asked the Christians in your own house these questions?

1 Like

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by hopefulLandlord: 4:31pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice Thread!
Imaginary friends can only help with imaginary issues

5 Likes

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 4:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
Martinez19:
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin angry

When I confront christians with the fact that God is imaginary and can't make a difference in one's life, they say things like '...whether God helps/blesses us or not, we will serve him.' really? This reminds me of the story of Daniel's three friends and their heroics. Perhaps they derived this attitude from that story not knowing that the story was written to enslave people to the religion no matter what and even unto death. The same goes for the story of Job.

If you would stick to God whether you receive anything from him, then you might as well serve my feaces after all it is not about what you get from it instead it's loyalty all the way. Can't you see the mental slavery going on here? You are being made loyal to a supposed all powerful and loving God who can't cure cancer, hiv, restore amputee and answer prayer. The writers of the bible dare not promise you that if you serve God, all will turn out well because it can't happen. Therefore they devised unconditional loyalty and elevated it as a virtue, all to keep you bound to your religion. Can't you see?

If you have sense, you will know that those who serve an all powerful and all loving God should have their lives reflecting the fact that they serve an all powerful God. What is that thing that God can't achieve if he heals you of cancer now? Think christians think. The facts that christians in all age brackets encounter death, terminal illnesses and hardship at almost the same frequency non-christians do should tell you that something is bleeped up.

Why does God torment you this much if he does not exist?

Why do you open threads daily to talk about a God you have already declared does not exist?

Are you subconsciously wishing that he did exist so all you are saying can actually make sense?

If as an atheist you claim God does not exist, which is what atheism simply is then how does his acts or inactivity affect you? Afterall somebody has to first exist before you can accuse him of action or inaction.

You have gotten off your meds again Abi?

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by akintom(m): 4:54pm On Sep 29, 2017
The Christians are so self deluded, that they never stop themselves in the track, and ask, if they can ever bring any immaterial object, to cause any effect, in the material world.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Martinez19(m): 4:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

Why do you open threads daily to talk about a God you have already declared does not exist?

Are you subconsciously wishing that he did exist so all you are saying can actually make sense?

If as an atheist you claim God does not exist, which is what atheism simply is then how does his acts or inactivity affect you? Afterall somebody has to first exist before you can accuse him of action or inaction.

I know you can't read and your memory is deficient, go to a recent thread of my on why the atheists bother even though they don't believe. I don't have time to engage you in a discussion, please swerve angry

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 5:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
Martinez19:
I know you can't read and your memory is deficient, go to a recent thread of my on why the atheists bother even though they don't believe. I don't have time to engage you in a discussion, please swerve angry

My memory is deficient says the mentally tortured delusional soul who sees God in everything even when he already declared God does not exist. God must be your worst nightmare grin

You cannot engage me in a discussion but has time to open threads daily about an imaginary God who does not exist to you.

Your madness is just beginning.

2 Likes

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 5:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
The atheists are so self deluded that they can never stop themselves in their tracks to ask how a non existent God can be brought in and blamed for the problems in the world.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by felixomor: 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:
The atheists are so self deluded that they can never stop themselves in their tracks to ask how a non existent God can be brought in and blamed for the problems in the world.

Honestly. grin
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 5:33pm On Sep 29, 2017
felixomor:

Honestly. grin

They have a log in their eyes but want to help me remove the speck in mine. In their delusion they do not realise that their log is more terrible than my speck and common sense should prevail upon them to first remove the log in their eye so they can see clearly to remove the speck in mine.

Their weyrey must be on cloud 31

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by 1Sharon(f): 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
OP ur topics are on point, you are always right on the money

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by 1Sharon(f): 5:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
And ofcourse the Christians couldn't answer.
deflecting as always
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by hopefulLandlord: 5:45pm On Sep 29, 2017
1Sharon:
deflecting as always
so true, so true
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 5:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
1Sharon:
deflecting as always

Not everyone is mad!

Mad people are the ones who see a non existent being as the cause for every problem.

Mad people are the ones who take the time they could have put into more productive ventures to talk about someone they already declared does not exist.

Mad people are those who think they would get paid or make a living by talking about a non existent God time and time again as if they were talking about the plate of rice sitting in front of them.

Mad people are those who cook up accusations against a non existent accused. In a law court when that is being done the judge would stop you and ask a simple question. WHERE IS YOUR ACCUSED?

if the accused is non existent then the accusations are false and tantamount to the rantings from a deluded mind.

We would rather not be seen as those set of mad people so we opted against not responding.

All rise! Court dismissed!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Martinez19(m): 5:53pm On Sep 29, 2017
Someone in this thread is seeking attention. He is mentally distorted and doesn't know that it's not everyone that has his time. Reasoning with him is like expecting Yahweh to restore the severed limb of an amputee ----- for where? grin

Nb: I didn't mention anyone's name. lipsrsealed
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 5:56pm On Sep 29, 2017
Martinez19:
Someone in this thread is seeking attention. He is mentally distorted and doesn't know that it's not everyone that has his time. Reasoning with him is like expecting Yahweh to restore the severed limb of an amputee ----- for where? grin

Nb: I didn't mention anyone's name. lipsrsealed

Your delusion is speaking again and seeing things. grin

Now you are deluded to think you are in my head and know my thoughts and are now claiming that I am seeking for attention. From who? Mentally unstable people? cheesy

Getting them to see their childishness in their delusion is as fruitless as getting an earthworm to swallow a whale!

grin grin

In my soundness of mind I quoted you directly but in your mental cowardice you quoted me indirectly. cheesy

1 Like

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by adepeter2027(m): 7:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
As atheist, I would say "IT'S WELL IJN" upon the lives of the Christian on this section

Eku sùúrù
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Nobody: 7:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hehehe... indeed.

I think he is just having fun with being "rebellious"...

His mom and/or pops are prolly uber christians.

He comes here to blow off steam otherwise.

butterflyl1on:

2 Likes

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 7:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
Xiadnat:

Hehehe... indeed.

Lmao @ uber Christians grin

I simply find it hard to understand how atheists would be fuming over a God they already declared does not exist.

I cannot comprehend it. I can fume over something or someone that exists but how can I be doing so over something that does not exist and expect people not to call me mad or delusional.

It's like me getting angry and constantly complaining about a car I do not own and saying the non existent car is what made me get to work late or what made me break my leg when I was driving it and its brakes failed. How can a non existent car suffer from faulty brakes? undecided

I just cannot understand cheesy

Or me complaining and fuming about a non existent house and saying I am angry because the non existent house collapsed and crushed some people in it and I begin blaming the non existent engineer as if he exists. How can I blame a non existent house and then blame a non existent engineer. There is no house so how can there be an engineer that built it?

Mad people everywhere grin

2 Likes

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Nobody: 7:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
"The following scriptures keep the Christian faith going
1.1 Peter 5:10 (ESV)
And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you
2.Romans 12:12 (ESV)
Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer
3.John 16:33 (ESV)
I have said these things to you, that in me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation. But take heart; I have overcome the world
4.1 Corinthians 10:13 (ESV)
No temptation has overtaken you that is not common to man. God is faithful, and he will not let you be tempted beyond your ability, but with the temptation he will also provide the way of escape, that you may be able to endure it.
5.James 1:2-8 (ESV)
Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given him. But let him ask in faith, with no doubting, for the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea that is driven and tossed by the wind
6.Proverbs 3:5-6( ESV)
Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
7.Psalm 23:4 (ESV)
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by 1Sharon(f): 8:29pm On Sep 29, 2017
Xiadnat:

Hehehe... indeed.

Ah di holy spirit tell yuh dat?
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by malvisguy212: 8:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
1Sharon:
OP ur topics are on point, you are always right on the money
what is the point here ? why did you have to worry about God who you claim does not exist ? freethinkers indeed.

funny things is that your loves ones may be Christians, is this how you atheists talk to them ?

1 Like

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Martinez19(m): 8:57pm On Sep 29, 2017
malvisguy212:
what is the point here ? why did you have to worry about God who you claim does not exist ? freethinkers indeed.

funny things is that your loves ones may be Christians, is this how you atheists talk to them ?
I created a thread on why atheists bother even when they don't believe. Check it out and leave 1Sharon alone.
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 9:01pm On Sep 29, 2017
Martinez19:
I created a thread on why atheists bother even when they don't believe. Check it out and leave 1Sharon alone.

I am sure you do not believe unicorns exist so why don't you bother about them?
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Martinez19(m): 9:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

the idea of unicorns are not being used to enslave the minds of humans. The idea of unicorns does not hinder the intellectual progress of mankind and it is recognised as fiction not labelled as the truth that ought to be believed.

2 Likes

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by Martinez19(m): 9:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

The idea of unicorns are not being used to enslave the minds of humans. The idea of unicorns does not hinder the intellectual progress of mankind and it is recognised as fiction not labelled as the truth that ought to be believed. People don't steal other people's money (tithes and offerings) in the name of the pick unicorn neither do people kill in the name of the unicorn. I could go on and on but let me stop here. cool
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by butterflyl1on: 9:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
Martinez19:
The idea of unicorns are not being used to enslave the minds of humans. The idea of unicorns does not hinder the intellectual progress of mankind and it is recognised as fiction not labelled as the truth that ought to be believed. People don't steal other people's money (tithes and offerings) in the name of the pick unicorn neither do people kill in the name of the unicorn. I could go on and on but let me stop here. cool

So tithe and offering is your real problem cheesy

Regarding killing you do realise that the worst mass murderers in history were atheists and they did this based on their atheistic position.

If the main proponents of science were theists how then does religion hinder progress?

USA is religious but how did that hinder their climb to being the worlds most powerful nation?

You simply are a God hater with flimsy excuses. grin
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by malvisguy212: 9:26pm On Sep 29, 2017
Martinez19:
what you should bother about is how to contribute for the peace of this country, instead of opening threads against Christians. do you even know how to behave morally upright ?

1 Like

Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by hopefulLandlord: 9:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
malvisguy212:
what you should bother about is how to contribute for the peace of this country, instead of opening threads against Christians. do you even know how to behave morally upright ?
do you?
Re: It Doesn't Matter Whether God Helps/blesses Or Not? What The Crap! by dalaman: 9:39pm On Sep 29, 2017
butterflyl1on:

He choses to bother about God and not unicorn. If you don't like it then tell your God to shut down his account. After all some deluded christian here once said that he'll pray to Yahweh and tell him to shut down nairaland if we don't stop our blasphemous post.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Jamie Foxx Calls Barack Hussein Obama "God" And Our Lord and Saviour' / Pastor Oo Abel SERMON ON MAKING YOUR HOME A HAPPY HOME / Dr Paul Enenche: JESUS CONFIRMS The Tithe (with New Testament Proof)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.