Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,394 members, 7,836,581 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 10:11 AM

How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) (75918 Views)

Why Living In Hostel Is Best For Female Students In Nigerian Universities / Can I Study Doctor In OAU With 106 JAMB Score?: Guy Asks; Gets Hilarious Replies / 5 Departments In OAU Where Bagging First Class Degree Is Almost Impossible (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
The rooms are okay na

The fault lies with the students... Can't they clean up? undecided

3 Likes

Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Augustap(f): 11:44pm On Sep 30, 2017
Forget that thing... If the inhabitants were clean and organized, they would transform that place. They are swines, and they were given a sty.
All fu.cks disappeared
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by CheedyJ(m): 12:10am On Oct 01, 2017
If d bed bug in those rooms bites anyone eh, trust me DAT person wud need stitches . UI's hostels better sha DAT much I know....
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Nobody: 12:26am On Oct 01, 2017
Okay, we've SEEN it. So, what now? Is this an attack on the SCHOOL or those particular dirty students who live in such filth with so much delight? Whatever happens to tidying up your room?

Abeg, leave OAU out of this. In this case those students are their own problem.
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by 2016easy2017: 12:28am On Oct 01, 2017
this is a male hostel in UNILORIN. the worst there

3 Likes

Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by CornelWealth(m): 12:39am On Oct 01, 2017
Fidelismaria:
lipsrsealed
I cover my eyes with the blood of JESUS
Dis sight is enuff to give sum eye cataract
oba Awon university my foot
1kb glory univesity
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Babyurgly1(f): 12:40am On Oct 01, 2017
Shinery0123:
So it is now the government's responsibility to help sweep and tidy ur rooms abi?
million kisses for u. tongue
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by akigbemaru: 1:02am On Oct 01, 2017
newsynews:
The below pictures show how tattered a room inside one of the hostels in Obafemi Awolowo University is.

The pictures were shared by a Facebook user who claims OAU campus is now looking like an IDP Camp.

https://www.wotzup.ng/oau-hostel-room-tattered/
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by MrEdimulo82(m): 4:24am On Oct 01, 2017
JAWBONE:

There are places where they get that for FREE

O ya go there. Bye bye

Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by MrEdimulo82(m): 4:28am On Oct 01, 2017
Oluwamuyeewa:

You’re one of the problems of this country,even if the school is free does this hostel look right to you?

Bro, some people house worse pass ds. Trust me. Yep, sometin can be done ,but the reality is your whining will not do anytin, but y'all cooperation and be responsible will still make dt place decent.
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by MrEdimulo82(m): 4:34am On Oct 01, 2017
ajasam12:
come to Yabatech n see the worst

I was in Yabatech, in my time, there were rooms dat cld be passed for refuse dump and there were d swag guys dat there rooms shocked shocked shocked, u won't want to leave if u be woman. Guy grow up and be responsible. I stayed in Hollywood wt my guys, we cooperatively made our room what we wanted it to be....we didn't wait for Yar'Adua to come and help Behind it up.
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by seunfape(m): 4:52am On Oct 01, 2017
African most wetting all these Nigerian can brag on top of nothing
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Nobody: 4:55am On Oct 01, 2017
Dear OAU Students, you have over Alutad the Alutians...you have to pay, if you want your beautiful campus to remain Africa's most beautiful...It's just elementary economics
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by jeff1607(m): 5:43am On Oct 01, 2017
Mijioyime1:
Despite the hostel fee is 8k it doesn't mean human beings should be living like animals. In foreign countries education is some places is almost free. Uniben hostel is even more attractive than this see at o3schools.com

but the heat in hall 4 no be here oo
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Nobody: 5:54am On Oct 01, 2017
I have never been there. Nigeria prisons pictures are everywhere on the internet. I guess you don't read news.

sunvillequeen:

Ex convict spotted
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by one4GOD(f): 6:26am On Oct 01, 2017
Shinery0123:
So it is now the government's responsibility to help sweep and tidy ur rooms abi?
just what I was about to say. don't mind them yeyebrity.
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by ajasam12: 6:41am On Oct 01, 2017
MrEdimulo82:

I was in Yabatech, in my time, there were rooms dat cld be passed for refuse dump and there were d swag guys dat there rooms shocked shocked shocked, u won't want to leave if u be woman. Guy grow up and be responsible. I stayed in Hollywood wt my guys, we cooperatively made our room what we wanted it to be....we didn't wait for Yar'Adua to come and help Behind it up.

well I never mentioned my room there was dirty, there were rooms that is nothing more but compared to bin and there were rooms you'll enter and you'll think you are in an executive apartment..
it depends on how the occupant of the room maintain theirs, I'm only trying to tell OP that the post isn't the worst, we have more worst room in YCT, though I'm a graduate of YCT since two yrs..
so Nothing concerns me with them again

1 Like

Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by emmayayodeji(m): 7:33am On Oct 01, 2017
ThankYouGod:
Just like Nigerian prisons.

Cc EaglesT
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Nobody: 7:43am On Oct 01, 2017
boys room I guess. if it was female room, you could have see how pant and bra are hang in every viable corner.
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by EaglesT(m): 7:57am On Oct 01, 2017
emmayayodeji:

Cc EaglesT

Lol not that the rooms are nice tho but these rooms were fumigated recently. When students resume, they'll arrange and clean their rooms. It will at least look better than this.
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by MrSly(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
newsynews:
The below pictures show how tattered a room inside one of the hostels in Obafemi Awolowo University is.

The pictures were shared by a Facebook user who claims OAU campus is now looking like an IDP Camp.

I don't wanna be tribal but the truth is that an average Igbo student will paint that room, arrange it, decorate it in such a way that you won't notice the true nature of that room. Everything must not be done for you. They have given you the shelter, it is left for you to upgrade it to your taste. That is the spirit.
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by hAlexandro(m): 7:58am On Oct 01, 2017
grin grin how. Much do you pay for the hostels 2850? and What happened to your own personal hygiene? You People are natural dirty!!! I stayed in awo hall at time but the guys I stayed with are just an embodiment of dirtness hence I had to move to etf Hall but hardly do you see my room or bed space being dirty I sweep everytime I even clean thr toilet I use so before you critize the sch management cultivate cleaniless culture and how are you so sure if they renovate them you would maintain them

1 Like

Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Princecharmin(m): 9:29am On Oct 01, 2017
newsynews:

all I see here is dirty inhabitants... Blaming the school for their dirtiness
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by MxFactor: 9:37am On Oct 01, 2017
So what? You can't clean your hostel abi. I wish rats to bite you
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by ItsMeAboki(m): 11:18am On Oct 01, 2017
Nltaliban:
Students like to do things like they are fools and will still blame the government or school authorities for being permanently miserable.

Yes, the condition of the lodge or hall isn't excellent. But that room could have been kept clean..

Enough of this public show of display..

stop calling us to see how dirty you are

Yes indeed, the facility may be bad but the occupants are equally vry untidy.

1 Like

Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by acorntree(m): 11:24am On Oct 01, 2017
chloride6:

eehm..... that US educational statistic you just quoted is not so true..

more than 50% of US citizen above the age of 25 have at least an associate degree.

Nice write up by the way wink

majority of Americans had college or university education. So many going to school is not the problem.

In October 2016, 69.7 percent of 2016 high school graduates were enrolled in colleges or universities, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported .

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/hsgec.nr0.htm

1 Like

Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by chloride6: 11:38am On Oct 01, 2017
acorntree:

majority of Americans had college or university education. So many going to school is not the problem.

In October 2016, 69.7 percent of 2016 high school graduates were enrolled in colleges or universities, the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics reported .

https://www.bls.gov/news.release/hsgec.nr0.htm

Going to school as you have rightly said is not the problem
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Alexpetra: 12:43pm On Oct 01, 2017
a man was saying that the type of hostel Nigeria university has is not up to the standard of America prison i thought he was joking..
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by highwaist: 2:11pm On Oct 01, 2017
I'm very sure,the smartphone of occupants can transform this rooms if they sold it and use the money
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by AbuuAbdullah: 2:15pm On Oct 01, 2017
Tolexander:
How much do you people pay for the bed space?

Has it been increased from the #2,900 naira?

Now #3,090
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Tolexander: 3:24pm On Oct 01, 2017
AbuuAbdullah:

Now #3,090
It has always been #3,090 for freshmen, even before I was offered admission in 2006.

Returning students still pay #2,900 I supposed.
Re: How Tattered A Room In OAU Hostel Is (pictures) by Officer101(m): 8:43pm On Oct 02, 2017
This can be attributed to lack of good maintenance culture on one side and poor funding on the other side, coupled with small revenue from tuition fee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Bad Things That Happen At Nigerian Defence Academy (NDA) Kaduna By Commandant / Man Signs Out On Lady's Boobs As They Graduate (Photo) / School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.