Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,845 members, 7,820,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:24 AM

Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me (1910 Views)

I'm Gradually Turning To An Atheist, Is This Normal? / I'm An Atheist That Thinks That Premarital Sex Is Wrong. Is This Unusual? / My Faith Turning To An Atheist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Nobody: 10:55am On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:
Hello nairalanders let me just be brief.
I seem to imagine why after staying up all night to pray I don't get what I want and sometimes I fast and still negative result.
There was a time when I saw myself gaining admission after praying first list-last list no admission given and am expected to dance joyfully in church during praise and worship what am I celebrating?
I have a dad who is a British citizen comes to Nigeria every year but never gave a Bleep about me coming over that I now think of sorting myself out and the highest he gives me when he is down here is 20k am not ungrateful but am gonna eat sub is 1k monthly will have to call now.
and I pray hard every blessed day for my story to change and its not coming to manifestation.
Everytime something good is around the corner something will just happen again.
Am beginning to doubt His existence
there is this sadness in me when am in church I see it as wasting of time nowadays cos those who ain't religious like me are making it.

you were never a real Christian if you were you would know this

"though the sorrows may last for the night his joy comes in the morning "

Jesus said carry your cross and follow him
and you are already tired of your cross

or maybe felixomor is right you are an atheist with new moniker trying to deceive the sheeple.

hope I made sense

fùck off grin
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by ScepticalPyrrho: 10:56am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

The bible says many people go to church for wrong motive.
Nothing new there.
But that does not make them atheist.

Atheism is foolishness.
@ bolded above, is just your own assumption.
Someone will choke to death because some people don't believe any god(s) exists.

Stop using the word logic, it's an insult to even classify your comments as common-sense....

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by felixomor: 11:27am On Oct 01, 2017
ScepticalPyrrho:
[s]Someone will choke to death because some people don't believe any god(s) exists.

Stop using the word logic, it's an insult to even classify your comments as common-sense...[/s].

Sorry my comments are not meant to make sense to anencephalic dolts.
Like u. cool

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by felixomor: 11:30am On Oct 01, 2017
Jman06:
Why do you doubt the rise atheism in Nigeria today? I am curious to know your reason.

Rise of atheism on Nairaland u mean ? grin
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Jman06(m): 11:41am On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:

Rise of atheism on Nairaland u mean ? grin
The rise in nigeria reflects the rise on nairaland.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by KingIbot: 12:22pm On Oct 01, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

or maybe felixomor is right you are an atheist with new moniker trying to deceive the sheeple.

hope I made sense

fùck off grin
if you care to know I was never an atheist and not even one yet...The thing is am beginning to doubt God's existence
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by felixomor: 12:34pm On Oct 01, 2017
Jman06:
The rise in nigeria reflects the rise on nairaland.
What an assumption!
Chai, grin
Even after many of the atheists have been caught using different monikers.
Nairaland population at best is almost 2 million minus all duplicate accounts.....
Nigeria population 180 million+.....

In short, u are funny grin

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Ericsunday619: 12:42pm On Oct 01, 2017
Proudgorgeousga:

hope I made sense

fùck off grin
Christians using Bleep off. Jesus Christ followers are allows weirdo grin
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Ericsunday619: 12:44pm On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:

if you care to know I was never an atheist and not even one yet...The thing is am beginning to doubt God's existence
you never experience anything yet. Do you think that Jewish carpenter cares to save you. Jesus Christ is dead and gone forever
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by gssdobi: 12:59pm On Oct 01, 2017
Op run to SCOAN for your deliverance. But know that faith without works is wishful thinking
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by johnydon22(m): 2:00pm On Oct 01, 2017
KingIbot:
I seem to imagine why after staying up all night to pray I don't get what I want and sometimes I fast and still negative result.
There was a time when I saw myself gaining admission after praying first list-last list no admission given and am expected to dance joyfully in church during praise and worship what am I celebrating?
I have a dad who is a British citizen comes to Nigeria every year but never gave a Bleep about me coming over that I now think of sorting myself out and the highest he gives me when he is down here is 20k am not ungrateful but am gonna eat sub is 1k monthly will have to call now.
and I pray hard every blessed day for my story to change and its not coming to manifestation.
there is this sadness in me when am in church I see it as wasting of time nowadays cos those who ain't religious like me are making it.

Prayers are wishes and wishes do not affect reality, you may wish for something so much, you may throw in every penny in your pocket into a lake, or wish on all the falling meteors or pray without ceasing.

It doesn't guarantee your results.

Prayer is no more efficient than wishing on a falling star.

Pray all you want, heaven cannot hear you. It won't stop the cold because you feel cold, its not going to shrink the size of the earth because you don't want to walk so far.

One may pray for rain and it rains, the prayer had nothing to do with it, pray or not it was going to rain anyway.

If you act wisely good things tend to happen, if you don't bad things follow, don't thank or curse heaven - its just the natural outcome of your actions.

If you want to better your life, educate yourself and think carefully about the consequences of each action before taking them.

Two hands working is better than a thousand clasped in prayers.

This is not a solid ground to lose your belief, it means you were not worshiping God in the first because you believe in God, you did not believe in God because you geniunly thought God existed but because you thought belief and worship of God is supposed to give you a form of unnatural advantage (The nonsensical notion of divine favour or grace)

Many believe in God but not in miracles, so your prayers not been answered are not solid grounds to base your doubt or it would be unfounded and shabby, yes so many things can trigger questions in us but base your conclusions on geniun and honest reasons borne out of clear cut questions and open minded enquiry

God is not your meal ticket

16 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by chubbyswit(m): 3:18pm On Oct 01, 2017
Ericsunday619:
honestly, Jesus Christ is dead
shut up!

1 Like

Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by purem(m): 5:40pm On Oct 01, 2017
felixomor:
Another duplicate moniker.

"I used to be Christian but I started thinking blah blah" ..

Nairaland atheists, una no dey tire? undecided
Recycling old formulas.

Bro ur comment on those kind thread ehn

Just dey make me laugh
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by obisco4u: 11:56pm On Oct 01, 2017
The earlier you make up your mind and turn, the better for you.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by Dohgon(m): 3:39am On Oct 02, 2017
KingIbot:

First of all, if you knew how prayer works you would get what you want regardless of religion. What if I told you that no god exists but the power to get what you want can be achieved by understanding human psychology?

I feel sorry for religious people, especially the ones who say they stay up all night praying. Your pastors are failing you but they also don’t know the truth. I’m not going to reveal all here but the #1 problem is that you are selfish. Goodwill is the key. In other words, help others to get what they want and you will get what you want. Don’t prey alone. Sharing is what generates the magnetic force that will attract goodness to you.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by richardbrandy: 4:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
samflexxy:
good sir, happy Sunday and new month to you in Jesus name, let me start by saying sometimes when you think things are not working your way God is in the background planning great things for you, I totally understand how you feel the thing about God is the longer you stay with him the deeper he wants your fellowship remember the bible says he has made us over comers and conquerors to be part of this promise you need to believe and love, Philippians 4:4 rejoice in the lord always I will say again rejoice' this is Paul admonishing the Philippians when he was been jailed in Rome even though he was passing through such trials he never he kept on believing, bro Jesus loves you.
I need you to carry out this bible therapy I have found useful
1thessalonians 5 : 18 in everything give thanks, for this is the will of God concerning you.

Do not be anxious over anything, but in everything thing through THANKSGIVING and supplication make your request be made known to God. and the peace of God which passeth all understanding will guard your hearths and mind in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4 : 6 - 7

also
1. do a daily bible study on all bible verses related to thanksgiving

2. read Philippians through daily for 30 days

3. make a list of ten thing you're greatfull for and thank God for life

go to a bible believe church be happy in his presence for in his presence there is fullness of joy.
God bless you

hilarious
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by richardbrandy: 4:30pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dohgon:

First of all, if you knew how prayer works you would get what you want regardless of religion. What if I told you that no god exists but the power to get what you want can be achieved by understanding human psychology?

I feel sorry for religious people, especially the ones who say they stay up all night praying. Your pastors are failing you but they also don’t know the truth. I’m not going to reveal all here but the #1 problem is that you are selfish. Goodwill is the key. In other words, help others to get what they want and you will get what you want. Don’t prey alone. Sharing is what generates the magnetic force that will attract goodness to you.
you seems intelligent how can I know these secrets?
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by bobowaja(m): 5:07pm On Oct 02, 2017
Dohgon:

OP take this man seriously, your basic skills lies in human psychology and giving out to take . Nature always rewards giving (that is if you give out with sense).

This type of secrets are esoteric and people don't leak it out (I finally find my match here on this platform).
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by bobowaja(m): 5:08pm On Oct 02, 2017
richardbrandy:
you seems intelligent how can I know these secrets?
The only short cuts is reading.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by richardbrandy: 5:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
bobowaja:

The only short cuts is reading.
OK do you have any book suggestions for me?
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by bobowaja(m): 5:12pm On Oct 02, 2017
richardbrandy:
OK do you have any book suggestions for me?
Type psychological books on Google. Then try to download their pdf versions. If you want knowledge, you fight for it (that will separate you from the crowd).
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by richardbrandy: 7:28pm On Oct 02, 2017
bobowaja:

Type psychological books on Google. Then try to download their pdf versions. If you want knowledge, you fight for it (that will separate you from the crowd).
wise words
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by twosquare(m): 8:57pm On Oct 02, 2017
KingIbot:
Read the Psalm of Asaph. He too was once in your situation. Read Psalm 73.

Also, visit https://www.scribeofrighteousness.net to fire up your spiritual life.
Re: Am Turning To An Atheist Slowly Help Me by JimmyCrow(m): 6:13am On Oct 03, 2017
Work harder bro....the Christian god won't get you nothing, that's a fictional story the Whiteman put in our heads within 400years of slavery...think of all the extinct gods and soon Christianity joins em without doubt. The Whiteman may have set us free physically, but now we undergoing mental slavery...its so much we don't even want to accept the truth. Just see how people are trying to get you to still believe in the shii the Whiteman put in our heads...fear the Whiteman. They got it so perfect we are even afraid of the truth. Go with the flow of the Tao bro...only u can decide ur ultimate reality. Fvck religion

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rev. Father Chilaka Allegedly Raises Up A 3-week-old Dead Man In Imo State / The Man In The Video And Ben Ubeh (late Taraba CAN Chairman) / Oriki Ogun Lakaiye (god Of War And Iron)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.